Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 28, 2008 10:24 PM

Oct 2008
Thanksgiving was turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, cranberry relish, sweet potatoes, green bean almondine casserole, mashed southwest potatoes, dressing, and sparkling cider with pumpkin pie and whipped cream this year.

Plans for Christmas still aren't formulated, but I'll be celebrating with my parents, my significant other and hopefully my brother.

I can't say I've actually seen a Christmas scene in an Anime, although I've heard of ones in Love Hina and such. The closest I've seen was a Hello Kitty special where she ends up late for church, but I don't know if that really counts as anime because I don't know if that originated in Japan or over here in America.

I'm really curious what Anime/Manga references people have found!
I'll be anxiously awaiting your post!

Check out my books on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/profile/Istra
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 1, 2008 8:45 PM

Aug 2007
I don't celebrate thanksgiving because I'm mexican ^_^; and this year I don't have plans for x-mas, if my parents are around I'll spend it with them, but if they decide to go on vacation I'll probably end up with some of my friends and their family.

X-mas is considered something romantic in Japan, I dare to say it's closer to the "real" valentines day, because couple exchange gifts and is one of those times of the year when the guys propose to their girlfriend the most; so you will probably find specials in romantic anime, but yes, the first that came to mind was Love Hina.

I remember Ah! my goddess having an episode or special... (or was it an ova or part of the movie???) lol sorry, don't remember, It was about the guy buying belldandy a ring, and it was winter, so it was probably X-mas.

Dec 2, 2008 9:52 PM

Oct 2008
Interesting... I didn't realize that.. I've run into Valentine's day and girls making chocolates for guys, but not really into christmas.. cool.. you learn something new a little each day. :)

I don't watch much romantic anime.

Dec 3, 2008 2:18 PM

Aug 2007
lol, I don't really watch that much romantic anime either.... *ahem* ok, i'll admit it's my version of chocolate and/or ice cream depending on how my love life is going -_- and in extreme cases (just realized) gay anime... it's like my silent scream for help.

I usually stick to supernatural, horror, psychological, mystery, drama, what can I say? I love vampires and blood.

Ok, back to this thread, I think I found one:
Itsudatte My Santa!

don't plan to watch it, but it's the first time I've seen anything anime related that has X-mas as a main theme, instead of just doing a special or something, it's a short OVA though.
Dec 4, 2008 12:13 AM

Oct 2008
vampiricneko said:
lol, I don't really watch that much romantic anime either.... *ahem* ok, i'll admit it's my version of chocolate and/or ice cream depending on how my love life is going -_- and in extreme cases (just realized) gay anime... it's like my silent scream for help.

Sounds much less fattening than my binges.. I'll have to try that sometime!

vampiricneko said:
I usually stick to supernatural, horror, psychological, mystery, drama, what can I say? I love vampires and blood.

Me, too

vampiricneko said:
Ok, back to this thread, I think I found one:
Itsudatte My Santa!

don't plan to watch it, but it's the first time I've seen anything anime related that has X-mas as a main theme, instead of just doing a special or something, it's a short OVA though.

My other half is thinking about buying it now that you mention it. He's a Christmas nut.

[EDIT: just went through bills and it's gonna hafta wait...]
Genevieve11Dec 4, 2008 5:00 PM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » What other Animes feature Working Adults as Main or Strong Supporting Characters

Genevieve11 - Oct 31, 2008

12 by metalhellyeah666 »»
Apr 28, 2012 4:22 AM

» New Year's Resolutions

Genevieve11 - Jan 4, 2009

5 by vampiricneko »»
Jan 17, 2011 6:14 PM

Sticky: Poll: » Movie Lists

Genevieve11 - Dec 5, 2008

6 by Genevieve11 »»
Jan 16, 2009 10:43 PM

» How long ago did you start watching anime?

vampiricneko - Nov 17, 2008

1 by Genevieve11 »»
Nov 28, 2008 12:08 AM

» What has been your favorite anime/manga related purchase?

Genevieve11 - Nov 14, 2008

1 by vampiricneko »»
Nov 16, 2008 7:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.