Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 14, 2008 7:58 AM
May 2008
Do you think clubs should be "Black Listed"? And disallow people from joining it simply because of 101 group of people who don't even have enough of hem voting? Its basically a group of 10-15 people controlling all this. I think it should be stopped!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 14, 2008 10:17 AM
Mar 2008
same here. who are they to tell people that they can't create their own claim clubs!!! and to "Black listed" clubs is total bullshit if u ask me!
Nov 14, 2008 11:10 AM
Apr 2008
They're some real bastards for thinking they can control what other people do.

I claim Hinata Hyuga!!!!!!!
Nov 14, 2008 11:38 AM

Jul 2008
Cry moar. Duplicating clubs...

1. Are stealing original ideas
2. They make claiming less fun and unofficial
3. It can ruin MAL lives, people will fear leaving MAL since they don't wanna lose claims.

The UFCC does NOT stop ideas, no matter how dumb, if they are original. Duplicate clubs steal ideas and are just pointless :/ Cry moar.

Nov 14, 2008 12:08 PM

Feb 2008
I think it's stupid for people to try to take control of something that's suppost to be for fun. There's no need to make such a big deal about it. So what if there are two clubs that are the same or similar? It's not the end of the world.

The actual MAL mods aren't doing anything about it because it's not a serious problem and ought to just be left alone. There's no need for such a group trying to take control of everything.

カレン ♥ 愛してるx無限!!! あああああいしてるうううううう!!! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Nov 14, 2008 12:39 PM

Apr 2008
Hell No! I think it's stupid and unfair to the new members of MAL that want to claim their favorite character but can't because it's already taken. By having multiple claiming areas it gives them a chance to claim them.

I mean with all the laws in the world there are today, we should at least be a little free on the internet.

It's getting to the point were I wouldn't be surprised if they put a limit on how many times you can claim the same character or how many claims you can have on your profile!

Nov 14, 2008 12:52 PM
Apr 2008
Indeed.... *nods head*
Nov 14, 2008 1:08 PM
May 2008
Exactly what this club stands for! Clubs shouldn't be controlled by one club. The reason any one can make a club is so that anyone else can join it!
Nov 14, 2008 1:38 PM
Nov 2008
I support you all the way!!! Never was one for restictions, although, I guess that some rules are needed.

But, I don't think that anyone should ban clubs based on simalarity. There are hundreds of physical anime clubs around the world, and they are all pretty much the same. Get together, talk about anime/manga, watch/rad the same, etc....

Maybe genre differs but I am sure that there are many clubs that are alike in many respects. AND THEY ARE NOT SHUT DOWN FOR THOSE SIMALARITIES!!!!!

POWER TO THE OTAKU!!!
TiedupinknotsNov 14, 2008 2:39 PM
Nov 14, 2008 2:26 PM

Dec 2007
CCs_No1_Fanboy said:

3. It can ruin MAL lives, people will fear leaving MAL since they don't wanna lose claims.

The UFCC does NOT stop ideas, no matter how dumb, if they are original. Duplicate clubs steal ideas and are just pointless :/ Cry moar.

QFT.

Imagine, you think of a totally creative idea..2 days later, someone makes the same club and everyone goes to that club to claim and your club gets ditched. Then people start saying your club is a duplicate..Would you be happy?
I admit, the UFCC isn't exactly a perfect way to work things out but it's the best way we've got so far. Unless you're willing to let clubs loose because if that happens, I bet they'll be 100 clubs of "Claim a Character"
Nov 14, 2008 2:32 PM

Jul 2008
Fayto said:
I think it's stupid for people to try to take control of something that's suppost to be for fun. There's no need to make such a big deal about it. So what if there are two clubs that are the same or similar? It's not the end of the world.

The actual MAL mods aren't doing anything about it because it's not a serious problem and ought to just be left alone. There's no need for such a group trying to take control of everything.

Actually, the UFCC has mod support, fyi.

Nov 14, 2008 3:07 PM

Feb 2008
CCs_No1_Fanboy said:
Fayto said:

Actually, the UFCC has mod support, fyi.

Okay, doesn't change my opinion.

Nov 14, 2008 3:09 PM
May 2008
Fato, I dont think they are unless they show proof. Just because the creator of their club said they have mod support doesnt mean they Do
Nov 14, 2008 3:15 PM

Jul 2008
Reiku_Sai said:
Fato, I dont think they are unless they show proof. Just because the creator of their club said they have mod support doesnt mean they Do

Plus the mod said they'd get other mods to help if needed :P Owned!

Nov 14, 2008 3:18 PM

Apr 2008
CCs_No1_Fanboy said:
Reiku_Sai said:

maybe they said that just so you'd stop annoying them XD
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Nov 14, 2008 3:19 PM

Feb 2008
Even if there is mod support, it doesn't mean everyone has to or will agree with it...so mods being involved doesn't change anything.

Zatoichi said:
maybe they said that just so you'd stop annoying them XD

Lol, probably.

Nov 14, 2008 3:21 PM

Jul 2008
The mod posted w/ there own free will. Having mod support is key. If I were to annoy them claiming would be banned from MAL period XD

Nov 14, 2008 3:23 PM

Feb 2008
It shouldn't be banned entirely...no need to take even more freedom away from people D:

Nov 14, 2008 3:25 PM

Jul 2008
It was just a joke >_> I was stating how annoying I can be.

Nov 14, 2008 3:28 PM

Apr 2008
i hate resrictions why does it really matter if another club steals your idea or came up with the same aint there a saying that great minds think alike i think its completey unfair to those that came up with those SAME ideas as other clubs instead of stealling them the more the merrier aint that a saying also and the only reason you should put CERTAIN restrictions in THAT club is if you think that YOUR club really sucks well thats what i have to say lol
Never say you love,If you dont really care Never talk about feelings,That aren't even there
Never hold my hand,If your gonna break my heart Never say your going too,If you dont plan to start
Never look into my eyes,If all you'll tell are lie Never say,If you really meant good bye
If you really meant forever then say you'll try Never say forever because forever makes me cry

Nov 14, 2008 6:16 PM

Aug 2007
Not all the mods.

Everyone has their own personal opinion. Please don't label us all together.

I was attempting to stay neutral in all this, however when you start throwing "we have mods on our side" I had to say something.

I do believe that the claim clubs need some organization, but I don't believe in how it is being handled. While the club has every right to organize clubs and become the self proclaimed "elite" and original clubs on the board, I feel it personally wrong to tell people they can't create a club, or be blacklisted. And if anyone dares to join your blacklisted club they would be blacklisted too. I thought this was a community where everyone can get together, hang out and have fun. They should be able to create and join whichever club they want without having to worry about breaking the rules that were created by other members.

While the mods are not stepping into this matter professionally (Im not here on business!), personally I disagree.

With 100k members, don't you think there are more than enough people to go around?
AaranaNov 14, 2008 6:29 PM

Nov 14, 2008 7:52 PM

Dec 2007
Aarana said:
Not all the mods.

Everyone has their own personal opinion. Please don't label us all together.

I was attempting to stay neutral in all this, however when you start throwing "we have mods on our side" I had to say something.

I do believe that the claim clubs need some organization, but I don't believe in how it is being handled. While the club has every right to organize clubs and become the self proclaimed "elite" and original clubs on the board, I feel it personally wrong to tell people they can't create a club, or be blacklisted. And if anyone dares to join your blacklisted club they would be blacklisted too. I thought this was a community where everyone can get together, hang out and have fun. They should be able to create and join whichever club they want without having to worry about breaking the rules that were created by other members.

While the mods are not stepping into this matter professionally (Im not here on business!), personally I disagree.

With 100k members, don't you think there are more than enough people to go around?

So then what is your opinion on Claim clubs/How should they be handled? (curious >.>)
FreedomWingzNov 14, 2008 8:02 PM
Nov 14, 2008 9:10 PM

Aug 2007
I like the idea of the federation, groups getting together and forming, essentially an alliance. Also, having applications and screening are good as well.

Starts the elite group of claim clubs you can say. However I don't feel ostracizing people is the way to go. It feels like you are pushing people into a corner, telling them its your way or no way. I don't feel you should have the 'right' to tell people if they can have a club or not...and if they do anyway then everyone who follows them shall be punished. I wouldn't have any fun with any clubs that were like that...and Im being honest here.

I feel that the blacklisting should be dropped, let the other people do what they are going to do, and form the elite alliance (Im not using elite as a bad thing mind you) and let the other non alliance members do what they want. Promote those claim clubs as the original clubs. Let the other members be. There will be people that will only join and support the alliance clubs, and then there will be that group of friends who wanna do their own thing.

I definitely understand you stance, and what you are trying to do. I was even all for it untill I got to the part of banning and blacklisting and all that. I know what you are doing isn't technically wrong, but Im just stating my humble opinion :)

[oh, and if you keep on with this whole thing, you should really check out your voting system, the one you claim is imparital? I thought people voted because it was either original or already created. Not because a person thinks it would be a dumb idea. When it gets to decisions like that, its no longer trying to weed out the duplicates, its feeding to the desires of the judges.]

Nov 16, 2008 1:16 PM
May 2008
CCs_No1_Fanboy said:
Reiku_Sai said:

CC fanboi i read your supposed "MOD Support"

And really it makes you guys look like a bunch of liars. One mod agrees and thats because people are different. Really you guys just want to be a bunch of bullies trying to control EVERYTHING. If you really want to make your own website and deal with dub clus there.
Nov 17, 2008 9:01 AM

Feb 2008
To the UFCC...not that I even believed that you had real mod support (or cared whether you did or not), but that was pretty much an outright bluff. One mod, big deal. Since Aarana posted here, I suppose we can say we have 'mod support' now too? Yeah right, there's a difference between them entirely backing you and one or two happening to take your side.

Lying to make yourselves appear like you have the upper hand just makes you guys look even worse.

Nov 17, 2008 9:02 AM
May 2008
Fayto said:
To the UFCC...not that I even believed that you had real mod support (or cared whether you did or not), but that was pretty much an outright bluff. One mod, big deal. Since Aarana posted here, I suppose we can say we have 'mod support' now too? Yeah right, there's a difference between them entirely backing you and one or two happening to take your side.

Lying to make yourselves appear like you have the upper hand just makes you guys look even worse.

Fayto i so adgree with you :D They posted here and quoted what she said then posted it in their forum :]
Nov 17, 2008 9:12 AM

Aug 2007
Fayto said:

I'd like to think Im in the middle. I don't support one side or the other completely. I think the two concepts when merged would be good ;) the UFCC is a growing, changing concept which, from my talks with them, I am supporting more and more.

Nov 18, 2008 7:08 AM
Nov 2008
Hey all,
Just wanted to say that where as this club needs and supports open discussion about the goals expressed...(note title of club) How about we spread the word to others about joining the club and increase the chances of making a diference?

WE NEED MORE MEMBERS!!!!!! AND WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!!!!
Nov 18, 2008 2:45 PM
May 2008
Mod in the middle :/ Sounds bad.... XD
Nov 19, 2008 10:29 AM

Aug 2007
;) or fun...however you look at it.

Nov 19, 2008 10:35 AM
May 2008
True, the thing that urks me about the other club is the B.L. It makes no sence -.-

Plus if their not gonna let the claim clubs go through i think its pritty stupid. Their reasoning for "BL" is because its not original. I dont know why they deal with feelings
Nov 22, 2008 10:42 PM

Mar 2008
Please don't flame me, I am "neutral" like Aarana :D (actually I am a member in both clubs because I am neutral :P)

I don't support the way UFCC BL clubs, though their logic is understandable (and is very correct too IMO). I think they BL those clubs because there have already been such a club in MAL created before them (hence making another one of the same is just redundant, not to mention a bit "plagiarizing" as well). For instance, since there's already a AUFCC club here, do you think we need another AUFCC2?

However, since the purpose of creating clubs in MAL is mainly to strengthen the bond between members in this community, I see the hardcore BL as not a very friendly thing to do (and what really gives them the right to do it? since they are normal members like all others, right?) --> I know most of you guys must be arguing about this point :)

My wish is for the mods to step up and either take some action (where possible) ... at least make some rules for the new clubs, if not, there'll be no end to this between UFCC and AUFCC :P

ps. I hope I have kept myself neutral throughout the arguments above ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2008 8:37 AM
May 2008
My issue is taking away peoples rights in other clubs because there in a BL club. That makes arguments. Also the U.F.C.C. had enough members to "bl" the clubs but what i think is funny is that they have over 100 members and they only need 15 for a Black list???
Jan 19, 2009 7:53 AM

Mar 2008
FreedomWings said:
CCs_No1_Fanboy said:

QFT.

Imagine, you think of a totally creative idea..2 days later, someone makes the same club and everyone goes to that club to claim and your club gets ditched. Then people start saying your club is a duplicate..Would you be happy?
I admit, the UFCC isn't exactly a perfect way to work things out but it's the best way we've got so far. Unless you're willing to let clubs loose because if that happens, I bet they'll be 100 clubs of "Claim a Character"

They really cant say ur club is duplicate if u look at the created date f there smart enough to know that
Jan 20, 2009 3:09 AM

Mar 2008
Kilz said:
FreedomWings said:
CCs_No1_Fanboy said:

QFT.

They really cant say ur club is duplicate if u look at the created date f there smart enough to know that

but people from UFCC are dumb! they dont even know the difference between catch and claim
Jan 20, 2009 12:24 PM
May 2008
No they don't care because if they posted it in a blog i guess that person thought of it first. But didnt creat it like a moron. If we didnt have the UFCC people wouldhave made the club first.
Jan 20, 2009 1:35 PM

Dec 2008
M-E W-A-N-T N-O B-L-A-C-K-L-I-S-T
M-E W-A-N-T D-E-M-O-C-R-A-C-Y
M-E W-A-N-T L-I-B-E-R-T-Y
M-E D-O-N-'T L-I-K-E U-.F-.C-.C
M-E D-O-N-'T S-P-A-M
Jan 21, 2009 10:56 AM
May 2008
Youkai-no-Hebi said:
M-E W-A-N-T N-O B-L-A-C-K-L-I-S-T
M-E W-A-N-T D-E-M-O-C-R-A-C-Y
M-E W-A-N-T L-I-B-E-R-T-Y
M-E D-O-N-'T L-I-K-E U-.F-.C-.C
M-E D-O-N-'T S-P-A-M

Well said
Jan 21, 2009 11:33 AM

Jul 2008
i think it sould be stopped.
i mean, come on! who gave you the power to control how much fun we'll make?!
so what, to clubs with the same idea - better! ppl that couldn't claim the one they wanted in the other club might be able to in the second one!
and claim clubs are mal users fan so WHY do they want to take it away from as? so not ok...
---"'As long as you're alive - you've got 100% chance of dying"---

---there are two infinite things, the universe and the human stupidity. about the first one I'm
not sure...---

---Math should go drown itself in the toilet---
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Fun claim clubs :3

Reiku_Sai - Feb 19, 2009

16 by cha-chan »»
Nov 21, 2009 5:36 AM

» POST ID CARDS HERE!

Reiku_Sai - Mar 9, 2009

26 by SNF95 »»
Oct 28, 2009 6:15 AM

» Banners

Youkai-no-Hebi - Jan 30, 2009

34 by LordSchmee »»
Oct 7, 2009 12:48 PM

Poll: » Member Cards! ( 1 2 )

Reiku_Sai - Feb 11, 2009

93 by Lady_Death_Cat »»
Sep 24, 2009 3:01 PM

Poll: » CLUB MASCOT VOTING!

Reiku_Sai - Apr 28, 2009

2 by Emptyk »»
Jun 8, 2009 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.