Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 4, 2012 9:02 PM
Jul 2012
Can someone explain the ending to this anime.... the dude got shot i was like, "WTF IS GOING ON! HE STILL NEEDS TO BANG THE MAFIA LORD's daughter!
Nov 4, 2012 9:59 PM

Sep 2012
dude... My Jaw dropped I was like REALLY!?!?! after all That ??????
Nov 4, 2012 10:17 PM

Oct 2012
The man that was riding in the carriage shot Zwei. You hear the silencer gunshot as he drove by.

Moments later, Eren notices that he was shot.. she commits suicide.

I didnt like the ending either. It felt anticlimatic and i thought it was just unnecessary to kill them both off at the last minute..

The novel and true eren ending in the game literally ends the same way minus them both dying.

Cal's death was sort of dumb too but thats a whole other topic

Nov 4, 2012 10:19 PM

Aug 2012
aerozero6969 said:
Can someone explain the ending to this anime.... the dude got shot i was like, "WTF IS GOING ON! HE STILL NEEDS TO BANG THE MAFIA LORD's daughter!

Yeah. That's exactly what I was thinking.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Nov 4, 2012 10:21 PM

Sep 2012
I totally agree I LOVE the anime but that ending left a bad taste in my mouth ( Pause if needed lol), yea i thought they could have went in another direction towards the end of the series
Nov 4, 2012 10:48 PM

Aug 2011
Well it's called "Requiem for the Phantom." What did you expect?

I do agree though. I had the exact same reaction as you after I watched it.
Nov 5, 2012 3:13 PM
Jul 2012
Death_Acolyte said:
The man that was riding in the carriage shot Zwei. You hear the silencer gunshot as he drove by.

Moments later, Eren notices that he was shot.. she commits suicide.

I didnt like the ending either. It felt anticlimatic and i thought it was just unnecessary to kill them both off at the last minute..

The novel and true eren ending in the game literally ends the same way minus them both dying.

Cal's death was sort of dumb too but thats a whole other topic

I felt that cal was being an ignorant bitch and should've understood reiji's point of view and the whole problem would've been solved.
Dec 2, 2012 11:55 PM
Dec 2012
Its a Story about a assassins do you expect it to have a happy ending, Inferno would never stop hunting so that was fitting ending even though it was a bit confusing
Dec 11, 2012 8:39 PM
Sep 2012
Finally got to to finish this tonight and the ending ... i just dont know what to think of this anime anymore. I hate this whole "open to interpretation" shit. I was easily going to give this anime a 9 until that last bit in field as the cart passes by/credits. IMO, this is actually worse than an anime that leaves very obvious and open endings for additional seasons.
Jul 15, 2013 4:40 PM
Jul 2013
This person gave a EXTREMELY well done explanation
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=414869
Jul 13, 2014 5:01 AM
Apr 2014
I will explain it for all of you, the truth is that Lelouch Lamperouge shot him from the cart, it's an very well done ending which has connections to Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2. the end. (pokerface) ... (bursts into laughter)
Jul 30, 2014 11:14 AM

Dec 2013
This series was freakin absolutely awesome until the very end. So i am going to forget how Cal died. Forget what happened to Reiji and forget the four petaled flower. Because WTF. Like for real. WTF. The last 2 episodes literally disappeared from my memory due to immense trauma.

I will do you justice. This is how it ended in my head (this is all my imagination and it is original, feel free to imagine the scenes that of how i imagined it to end):

"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jul 21, 2015 5:14 PM
Jul 2015
I think the leader of Inferno had everything planned out from the start. I think at some point he got Scythe master to plant a dream or memory of the field and the sky into her mind upon which activated would trigger her to kill Reji. My reason for thinking this is because of what McGwire says in the last episode. He says "The young will destroy the old system erecting a new one in it's place." I think this means that the dream they planted in her mind is a fail safe to revert her back into the phantom that kills on command. Also I think the memory they gave Elen was a setup because McGwire also says "Even if the dream is fleeting. There are things we must do." As more evidence you can see purple flowers by his bathtub in the last episode. So when she remembered the sky she remembered her order to kill Reji. Deep down in her heart she didn't want to but she just couldn't break the conditioning that scythe master put her through. And the way she talks it seems as if it is premeditated and also that she is saying goodbye to Reji. Im not sure if she killed herself but because of what she says "I have the name you gave me and all the memories we had together. Thats all I need. Thats all I need to keep living." I think she was preparing herself to kill Reji. The smile of course was for Reji but seeing how deeply Elen cared for Reji it wouldn't suprise me if she killed herself. Another thing is that I think that all the people they met along their investigation into Elens past were working with Inferno to lead them to the field. One reason I don't think the cart driver shot Reji is because Reji was speaking as if he wanted to continue living and the only thing that would catch him off guard was a bullet from Elen. Reji would never harm Elen even if she was pointing a gun at him. Also it would have taken a pretty good shot to kill Reji. Somebody who was exceptionally skilled hence Elen. Elen also used a silencer so she wouldn't alert the cart driver. Well that is my take on what happened. I would love to hear opinions! This show got me so emotionally invested in the characters that I almost cried at the ending lol... Anyway Thanks!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Apr 15, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.