Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 28, 2012 1:27 AM

Aug 2008
I guess I've only just started reading the manga, but I did catch up over the weekend, however I feel Urabe has been acting slightly differently recently.

First of all she's been a bit more tsundere than usual, especially in chapter 55 with the shirt when she calls Tsubaki an idiot (in what I can only assume was a very BAKA style tsundere fashion). I guess he ruined the moment by pointing out how good she looked in it while she was feeling happy over his thoughtfulness - however that hasn't seemed to be a problem for Urabe before in similar circumstances? I actually can't think of an example, I'd probably have to go back and find one to make it relevant.

Secondly, she has the rule 'don't touch me without permission' or 'without asking'. If Tsubaki tries to hug her out of the blue, out come the panty scissors. And earlier on if he asked her something she'd just outright say no without any physical threat. Fair, balanced, etc. My take would be that she prefers if they both do something when they feel the same, without words, just purely understanding each others feelings. So when in the chapter with the cherry blossoms she draws out the panty scissors when he asks to put his arm around her, that felt too harsh for her, even if she didn't cut anything up. I seem to recall shortly before that he asked her something quite innocently and she cut something up though.

Again I feel she's set out her rules and is now breaking them - I guess because it's fiction and that's her hissatsu the writer wants to have her do it, but I feel sorry for Tsubaki if he's being dissuaded from even asking. Part of his character progression seems to be that he's asking her more now rather than just acting out, and also how he's getting to the truth quicker like in the chapter with the questionnaires.

Tl;dr, the anime and manga has screwed me over emotionally and I'm trying to make sense of it as I love it so much D:
BudokaZAug 28, 2012 3:02 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» English Manga Volumes

Plan-B - Sep 13, 2013

2 by Plan-B »»
Oct 26, 2013 9:42 PM

» Blu-Ray release schedule

BudokaZ - Sep 2, 2012

1 by zensunni »»
Sep 2, 2012 5:19 PM

» Why do you read "Mysterious Girlfriend X"?

MyFriendSam - Jan 7, 2009

20 by Allografter »»
Aug 29, 2012 8:35 AM

Poll: » Manga to Anime: Changes - Like or Dislike?

zensunni - May 14, 2012

5 by BudokaZ »»
Aug 28, 2012 1:26 AM

» What chapters should the anime adapt?

zensunni - Apr 18, 2012

5 by onomatopellan »»
Jul 6, 2012 2:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.