Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 12, 2008 3:54 AM

Nov 2007
I guess it's time to make the very first and probably the most interesting topic in the club - manga discussion. We're going to discuss the latest chapters here, but please don't spoil anything (if there's no scanlation don't write things you saw on the raw) - but wait... you can write spoilers, but! ONLY in the SPOILER TAGS.
Oh, and I said we're going to discuss the latest chapters here, but don't get me wrong! - you're free to recall some older chapters which you want to discuss.
MassZEROApr 18, 2009 3:52 PM
ONeoRa is always looking for interesting people to join our ranks.
Visit our forum to apply: http://www.oneora.net
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 12, 2008 4:02 AM

Nov 2007
Chapter #42 is out now :)

What did you think of it? To me it was really good one - we've seen controlled Melchsee's Door. Small, that's true but it seemed better anyway :)

Unfortunately it seems it was too less to take out one of the WISE members... So do you think the same thing I do? Is Ageha-kun going to set his Melchsee's Door free?
Oct 12, 2008 4:22 AM

Feb 2008
Chapter 42 was great. Him controlling Melchsee's Door like that, making it consciously home into its target, I didn't see that can-o'-awesome coming.

But indeed, it wasn't enough to stop the Wise and I'm not certain if he'll set Melchsee's Door free, in order to defeat him. I don't know in what radius Melchsee's Door searches for people using PSI, it could go after Kabuto. :x With Ageha otherwise being no match for the Wise, I think some unexpected character might come to the rescue.

(Hurray for the first stickied topic. :P)
Oct 12, 2008 4:38 AM

Nov 2007
About Kabuto - there are 2 reasons it shouldn't go after him/hit him.

1. He can't "use" PSI - I mean of course he does have those visions, but he said it himself - it's just a feeling of death coming near, so it's not an actual use. Remember the fiorst time Ageha used Door? Amamiya deactivated her PSI and it didn't hit her. Kabuto's not using any PSI, so it shouldn't go after him.

And 2. Even if it went after Kabuto he could dodge it using his visions - of course he wouldn't be able to dodge it forever, but maybe long enough for Wise to die and Ageha to deactivate Door.
Oct 12, 2008 4:50 AM

Feb 2008
Gradonil_Ral said:
About Kabuto - there are 2 reasons it shouldn't go after him/hit him.

1. He can't "use" PSI - I mean of course he does have those visions, but he said it himself - it's just a feeling of death coming near, so it's not an actual use. Remember the fiorst time Ageha used Door? Amamiya deactivated her PSI and it didn't hit her. Kabuto's not using any PSI, so it shouldn't go after him.

And 2. Even if it went after Kabuto he could dodge it using his visions - of course he wouldn't be able to dodge it forever, but maybe long enough for Wise to die and Ageha to deactivate Door.

Well, I'm not really sure about Kabuto's PSI. He might not actually be "using" it, but the visions he gets are still PSI, so somehow it is active and possibly radiating, then. Like Dholaki says in chapter 41, he's a "Visions-Type Psychicer."

Anyway, it's not really of importance here. I just want to see how "they?" will manage to beat the fella. :P It's starting to look like a real shonen now haha; hopeless situations that'll miraculously be conquered.

Edit: Forgot the Wise's name is Dholaki. D:
MassZEROOct 12, 2008 5:12 AM
Oct 12, 2008 5:47 AM

Sep 2008
I hope they develop different versions of the Melchsee's Door. Maybe this will be the second stage. The first one is the "pure" one. Than have others which either go with power or maybe like the second one, speed.

I would hate to have this type of attack and than later on they develop another attack because this one "sucks".

As for the next chapter, 43, I bet he will use the "pure" Melchsee's Door just because he doesn't have any change. Also I bet they will use it so that the wise member can see it and we can get some insight to what it actually is. Can't remember if they knew the name of the attack or they just named it themself.
Oct 12, 2008 7:18 AM

Nov 2007
There was a record in history about a Psychicer using black spherical PSI (he died from the strain of using it) and he named it Melchsee's Door. So it's a 'historical' name.
Oct 12, 2008 7:49 AM

Sep 2008
Ok. I couldn't remember where the name came from.
Oct 18, 2008 2:42 AM

Nov 2007
Uh.. So 2nd Wise appeared and saved Dholaki from Melchsee's Lance...
Drifters will have problems with dealing with two of them, I wonder what will happen...?
The 2nd Wise seems to be more reasonable than the 1st one, so I doubt they would catch him off guard or actually defeat him... Ah, I can't wait to see the next chapter :)
Oct 19, 2008 3:42 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, that Shiner looks lame. But that's the problem with lame-looking guys in Shonen series, they're usually pretty strong. Anyway, I think the Wise are going to flee, since that Shiner saw Ageha's power and I think that might've made him hesitant about fighting him.

The series really is getting very cool, at the moment. Like Ageha; He finally realizes he's got huge powers, learns how to use them efficiently and actually engages in a battle with Dholaki. Way awesome.
Oct 19, 2008 7:05 PM

Sep 2008
I also agree that they wont fight. Most likley they will, well the 2nd wise guy, will make them withdrawl for now. As for the reason I think its also because he saw the power plus just fighting woudln't profit for him. I bet he would want to think of ways of capturing him and turning him into a wise.
Oct 19, 2008 9:38 PM
Dec 2007
MassZERO said:
Wow, that Shiner looks lame. But that's the problem with lame-looking guys in Shonen series, they're usually pretty strong.

The more timid they look, the stronger they are. Shonen's number 1 rule. lol.

Anyway, I'm worried that they'll kidnap Kabuto cause he's so close to them in terms of position. I wonder if they'll snatch him up and go. The guys aren't in a good position to fight these strong opponents.
Oct 26, 2008 9:56 AM

Feb 2008
Chapter 44 was another great chapter, really great. We learn more about the Wise and there being "Commanders". Dholaki being ranked only 5th pleases me, 'cuz he's a complete douchebag. Apperantly Grana is the strongest of the Commanders, makes me wonder how stong he is and if there's possibly another rank higher than that of Commander. Seems logical for there to be, right...? :/
Oct 26, 2008 10:17 AM

Sep 2008
Id probley go with it being that they wont confirm or deny someone higher than the commanders untill the series goes on longer. In case they have to cancel or end it (hope to god this doesn't happen), they can finish it with only defeating the commanders but than if it goes on forever like naruto than someone probley commands them.

Actually a while guess I had for a while was that Q was actually one of the top wise members but doesn't like killing people or atleast their values and how the deal with problems. Still a possiblity because he has to have a huge amount of power to keep transfering people from the "past" to "future".
Oct 26, 2008 3:00 PM

Nov 2007
Well, to be honest the first time we learned about Wise I asked myself: "Which one of Wise is Nemesis and why does he want to stop them?"
I mean just look on Dholaki's mask and then look on Nemesis Q - don't you see any similarities?

And I guess Q is high ranked, cuz his power is at least time travel, which is rather more advanced than Shinner's teleportation.
Oct 26, 2008 9:29 PM

Sep 2008
Yea, its hard to say right now that Q isn't involved with the wise yet. This is a very inspiring aspect of the series for me because I just love questions like this.

I just wonder when they actually will show his connection and how powerful he is. Anough a good question is if hes this power (to transfer people between time, I mean actual multible people) how powerful could he be. We also dont even know how many people he has "trained" because they say after awhile you can't be tranfsered, so how long has this been going on. Back to what I was saying, if hes this powerful why doesn't he just transfer himself to that time to stop them because he has to be powerful enough to atleast influence the first battle.

Another idea I had was that Q was actually one of the main members of this series but in the future and s/he does this because they didn't have enough people to beat them so insetead joined them so that s/he could train more by going in the past to change the present/future.
Nov 1, 2008 6:50 AM

Feb 2008
Chapter 45 was released by Hitsugaara. It's so-so, nothing special. Well, at least there was Sakurako in a swimsuit. :P
Nov 1, 2008 8:06 PM

Sep 2008
Alright my suspictions are becomming bigger and bigger..

First they said "council of elders" so someone is higher than than, just not sure if they can fight or if they appoited stronger people in a different position.

Also my thought that maybe one of the main group members being Q is being more and more plausable. We hear in the middle of chapter 45 that Yoshina or Obora are strong and dangerious so its more possible that they survive and want to change the history to their favor. My thought would be that it goes to Obora because he can use rise better (or whatever that ability to move fast is) which will turn into teleport later on if he develops it good enough.
http://www.onemanga.com/Psyren/45/13/
Nov 2, 2008 5:42 AM

Oct 2008
yeah, something like this would make sense, but if one of them is a wise he should be able to stop them in the future, right? so it just can be Q or someone who is in wise but just as a spy or so.
Nov 9, 2008 2:20 AM

Nov 2007
Uhm, where the did Nemesis Q take Ageha to?
And just as I thought - people that Kaketora was after are founders of WISE, I'm curious what will happen in the next chapter? ^_^
Nov 9, 2008 8:54 AM

Sep 2008
Gradonil_Ral said:
And just as I thought - people that Kaketora was after are founders of WISE, I'm curious what will happen in the next chapter? ^_^

I'm surprised that they introduced a branch of the wise this early after that big battle, although I'm not to keen to fillers.

We learn an interesting thing about Q this chapter: Although we get a very interesting piece of facts that its not ust one person who is Q, but this Q is actually a manifisitation of psysic powers by multible persons.

As to where Q took ageha, I bet its to tell him something that he shouldn't so he had to transport him, even through time, so he can talk and say the real reason why Q is doing this.
Nov 9, 2008 9:53 AM

Feb 2008
Turbe said:
Gradonil_Ral said:

I'm surprised that they introduced a branch of the wise this early after that big battle, although I'm not to keen to fillers.

We learn an interesting thing about Q this chapter: Although we get a very interesting piece of facts that its not ust one person who is Q, but this Q is actually a manifisitation of psysic powers by multible persons.

As to where Q took ageha, I bet its to tell him something that he shouldn't so he had to transport him, even through time, so he can talk and say the real reason why Q is doing this.

Well, Elmore said Q's a PSI program with a personality, so I wonder if it's even able to talk. :P Perhaps someone else will show up at the spot Ageha was transported to.

Also, I want to know who the WISE, whose face wasn't showed, is. I bet it's one of the commanders...
Nov 10, 2008 1:10 PM
Jul 2008
Hey, how 'bout throwing this into the mix. Do you Granny's intuition of many people controlling Nemesis Q could be the kids thrying to change the future too. Why single out Ageha to keep him quiet instead of killing him right of the bat for just thinking of telling Granny about whats to come.
Nov 10, 2008 1:17 PM

Sep 2008
I doubt it would be one of the commanders this early. It will most likley be like one of their founding members but they just started to learn psi so they arn't good, unlike the future wise members.
Nov 15, 2008 9:13 AM

Feb 2008
Nemesis Q... is being controlled by a woman. D:
Nov 15, 2008 1:43 PM

Nov 2007
Did you recognize woman voice in the radio? :P
Nov 20, 2008 1:34 PM

Sep 2008
Gradonil_Ral said:
Did you recognize woman voice in the radio? :P

On a 2d picture scene also. xD

I'm wondering if the voice on the radio is actually the person who programmed Q or someone else that helps Q out. Or it could be the real person who programmed tham and found a way to send a voice through time.
Nov 23, 2008 7:23 AM

Sep 2008
Well it looks like the mangaka just wanted to give us a piece of what is actually going on with Q. We already know the what they have to do for Q, but now for the why..

Also Ahega probley caused the kids deaths in the future he forsaw, which I bet will make him stronger and have alot more feelings..
Dec 1, 2008 1:56 AM

Feb 2008
49 by Bink's out.

1. What the hell's Agito doing in Psyren? :P
2. That blonde Elmore kid at the end (forgot his name), he looks an awful lot like Shiner...
Dec 1, 2008 3:52 AM

Nov 2007
So you think that Van will come to the dark side of power? :P Actually when I saw him reading those inscriptions I thought of that too, but I hope that won't happen.
And yeah, he does resemble Sinner, but I think there's too big age gap between them.
Dec 1, 2008 7:15 AM

Sep 2008
I thought all the elmore kids were abandoned? So it could be possible its his parents.

I hate this when they find something but leave seconds before seein it.. Just let them see it what could be the harm..
Dec 7, 2008 11:26 AM

Mar 2008
Turbe said:
I thought all the elmore kids were abandoned? So it could be possible its his parents.

I hate this when they find something but leave seconds before seein it.. Just let them see it what could be the harm..
Think its menat to be one of those ironic moments. You come so close to doing something that could have changed everything. Kind of like Ageha choosing to go and talk instead of playing suport against those criminals. If he had gone who knows how things could have changed. But going let him know more about Nemesis Q and things still may work out somehow.

Loving the translated chapter 50 though.
Dec 9, 2008 10:32 AM

Feb 2008
Seeing the kids in action, for some reason, I can't help but think we'll see 'm again in the future.
Jan 31, 2009 12:30 PM

Nov 2007
So the future has been re-written... I wonder if there still will be a Psyren's future world we know or has it changed as well?
Jan 31, 2009 2:41 PM

Feb 2008
Gradonil_Ral said:
So the future has been re-written... I wonder if there still will be a Psyren's future world we know or has it changed as well?

Well, from a logical point of view, the future can't be altered. Manga might not always be too logical, though. :P I'm wondering who those guys are...
Jan 31, 2009 5:32 PM

Sep 2008
MassZERO said:
Gradonil_Ral said:

Well, from a logical point of view, the future can't be altered. Manga might not always be too logical, though. :P I'm wondering who those guys are...

This could turn out good or horrible.

It could make it more interestin by having characters stronger in the future because the "history" has been changed, although it can go horribly wrong by going on forever bc the future keeps chaning..

Need a few more chapters to see how they turn this into to know if it will be decent or not.
Feb 1, 2009 2:44 AM

Nov 2007
MassZERO said:
I'm wondering who those guys are...

Those guys are WISE - The dude in black coat is Amagai, the white haired dude is Dholaki and the 3rd one is Junas (ch44, p15).
Feb 2, 2009 2:30 AM

Feb 2008
Gradonil_Ral said:
MassZERO said:
I'm wondering who those guys are...

Those guys are WISE - The dude in black coat is Amagai, the white haired dude is Dholaki and the 3rd one is Junas (ch44, p15).

Yeah, I only found out about that later, shame on me. :P
Feb 7, 2009 8:00 AM

Nov 2007
How is it that Junas" powers seems to be so much Fate/Stay night-like?:P
Feb 9, 2009 3:02 AM

Feb 2008
Gradonil_Ral said:
How is it that Junas" powers seems to be so much Fate/Stay night-like?:P

Yeah... <_>; It looks cool, though. What I worry about more is why Junas looks like your average emo boy.
Feb 9, 2009 12:18 PM

Nov 2007
True villain never looks like one (villain) :P
Mar 29, 2009 4:22 AM

Nov 2007
Just like everything else, this topic lacks about 2 weeks of discussion... I think the last posts were about Ageha and co not being able to save Granny... well, whatever ;p

Let's talk about the newest chapter ^_^

Ageha and co are being trashed by WISE, and then older versions of Elmore's kids appear...

I'm wondering how did they survive? I mean weren't they killed by the "glass swords rain"-PSI? And even if not, then how did they menage to hide themselves from WISE's eyes?

Anyways, nice to see them as teenagers ^_^
Mar 29, 2009 9:55 AM

Feb 2008
I don't care if they were "killed." They're here and it's awesome. :P
They could probably whip Dholaki's ass. Shiner is a different story, though.

PS: Marie looks hotter than Frederica. >.>;
Mar 29, 2009 5:03 PM

Dec 2007
Gradonil_Ral said:
I'm wondering how did they survive? I mean weren't they killed by the "glass swords rain"-PSI?

Well, we only saw them dying in future, they didn't die in present time so it can be simply explained: the future was altered(probably because Granny somehow survived that plane crash) and in that new future kids didn't fight with WISE xD
Mar 29, 2009 10:36 PM

Sep 2008
I thought it was kinda odd.. More like a way to give more excitment.. Think about it, just about to lose than is saved by someone who should be "dead" atleast in that timeline..

I bet the kids will be overpowered, but than how did they remain hidden... It also goes to show that even though the future changed the 2 people from WISE still knew about them even though it changed so maybe they see a changed future but it still goes to the same outcome that it started..

My wish was when they saw that tsunami of flames, I wish it was ahega's anger expoloding with an amazing about of power but I wasn't given that wish. :(
Apr 12, 2009 1:44 PM

Sep 2008
so some more ass beatings from the "children"... ok alright its pretty nice to see them but raises so many questions atm.. like

-the future they saw from the video take real?
-is this the same future that was always going to happen?
-why are the kids still alive?
-(now) how did van's personality take a 180
-(atleast I thought van would join WISE, but hasn't sicne he was interested in the logo awhile ago)
-and so many others..
Sep 9, 2009 2:10 PM

Sep 2009
Turbe said:
so some more ass beatings from the "children"... ok alright its pretty nice to see them but raises so many questions atm.. like

-the future they saw from the video take real?
-is this the same future that was always going to happen?
-why are the kids still alive?
-(now) how did van's personality take a 180
-(atleast I thought van would join WISE, but hasn't sicne he was interested in the logo awhile ago)
-and so many others..

I guess by now all these questions are answered. It was great to see how the kids handled the WISE.

Just saw the last chapter, wow it seems like Oboro went to the dark side o.o
Now that we've seen a glimpse of Oboro's new appearance I'm kinda curious how Iwashiro-sensei is gonna take the story since the drifters need to go back in time. And what's up with Nemeses Q's alert about Ageha's sister anyway?
Oct 9, 2009 3:41 PM

Sep 2009
I wonder if Psyren will get more members or at least hope it will be famous.

(I want Psyren animated so bad *.*)

It was cute to see Ageha and Amamiya together. He's such a gentleman saying all those things and then falling into the pool together.
Oct 10, 2009 1:15 PM

Sep 2009
Kagetora and the boys are in danger~ x.x

Will I be talking here alone? =p
Oct 10, 2009 2:13 PM

Nov 2007
They aren't, Kagetora is strong.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: Poll: » Your Favorite Elmore Kid

MassZERO - Apr 29, 2009

15 by victorkao »»
Jul 22, 2013 5:06 PM

Sticky: Poll: » Your Favorite Psyren Drifter

MassZERO - Oct 14, 2008

18 by JustFightForMy »»
Sep 13, 2011 9:21 AM

» Nemesis Q's Identity?

MassZERO - Apr 29, 2009

3 by arden_ruales »»
May 18, 2010 12:04 AM

Sticky: » Time to invite some members!

MassZERO - Oct 12, 2008

7 by MassZERO »»
Apr 29, 2009 5:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.