Forum Settings
Forums

Fanfiction Competition - Rules (next deadline: 25th of October)

New
Apr 22, 2012 9:25 AM

Nov 2010
Welcome to the Fanfiction Competition!
The next deadline will be the 25th of October - 10 pm middle European time.
Send me the finished stories as private message until then.
After that, I will make an anonymous poll for the stories which will be open to vote for for a week.
Rules + Prizes follow :)

Rules:

1. Your story should be written in English. Don't be afraid of making mistakes if it isn't your native language. A lot of people here are the same. Just write carefully and then it should be alright. :)

2. The Fanfiction should have at least 1000 and a maximum of 2000 words. (If there aren't many participants, i might extend the limit, so ask for it if you're writing a story and having trouble.)

3. The story has to have a Yaoi crack pair as main theme. You can chose the characters yourself. Characters from different shows are usually accepted. If you're not sure, ask me.

4. Only one character has to be one from Anime/ Manga. If you want, the other one can be from a novel, comic, movie or even a real person as long as they are male. So let your creativity run free.

5. Deadline is (currently) Friday the 25th of October - 10 pm middle European time.

6. Have fun.

Prizes:

-The winner will receive a special member card which won't be available in the club. The characters can be chosen freely as long as it's Yaoi (can even be a normal Yaoi couple).

-Additionally for the winner + place 2 + place 3: You will receive a badge including a picture from one character you like. Here is an example:

If there are any open questions - ASK!
ArinyaOct 14, 2012 5:12 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 22, 2012 4:19 PM
Nov 2008
Intriguing~
Now to find a crack pair I'd enjoy writing about xD
Apr 23, 2012 11:14 AM

May 2011
By 'crack pair', do you mean a made-up yaoi pair? like, we can make it up by ourselves?
either way, i definetly wanna make a story! yay! i'm so happy!
Apr 23, 2012 11:24 AM

Nov 2010
amna_44 said:
By 'crack pair', do you mean a made-up yaoi pair? like, we can make it up by ourselves?
either way, i definetly wanna make a story! yay! i'm so happy!

in short: yes ^^ a crack pair is simply one which isn't usually matched up... like characters from different shows for example. so it's what this club consists of :)
Apr 24, 2012 4:22 AM

Oct 2010
*O* Me gusta *goes home to write her oneshot xD 1500 *.* *

Now the doubt remains:

Shion x Nezumi (No.6)
Rin x Yukio(Ao no Exorcist)
Shizuo x Izaya(DRRR!)
Soushi(Inu x Boku SS) x Sebastian(Kuroshitsuji)
Luka (Ura Boku) x Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)
Hanabusa x Kaname (VK)
:I have to think on that though..:
Apr 24, 2012 5:41 AM

Nov 2010
Tinoco-chan said:

Now the doubt remains:

Shion x Nezumi (No.6)
Shizuo x Izaya(DRRR!)
Hanabusa x Kaname (VK)

if those are pairings for a oneshot here...
shion x nezumi <- not accepted
rin x yukio <- not accepted
shizuo x izaya <- not accepted (though i want to read it!)
soushi x sebbi <- OK!
luka x sebbi <- OK!
hanabusa x kaname <- OK! (just looked a bit around. doesn't seem to be a lot fanart of the 2 of them)
Apr 24, 2012 12:33 PM
Nov 2008
If people need help with thinking of a pair here are the ones I didn't use but thought would be awesome

Ken (hitman reborn) x Kiba (Naruto)
Junpei (Nyan Koi) x Necoco (love neco)
Guy (tales of the abyss) x Kuranosuke (kuragehime)
Kinjiro (mayo chiki) x Kuransokue ( ^^^ )
Haru (tsuritama) x Chrona (soul eater)
Rin (Aoi no exorcist) x Kanda (D gray man)
Apr 27, 2012 4:22 AM

Oct 2010
Arinya said:
Tinoco-chan said:

Now the doubt remains:

Shion x Nezumi (No.6)
Shizuo x Izaya(DRRR!)
Hanabusa x Kaname (VK)

if those are pairings for a oneshot here...
shion x nezumi <- not accepted
rin x yukio <- not accepted
shizuo x izaya <- not accepted (though i want to read it!)
soushi x sebbi <- OK!
luka x sebbi <- OK!
hanabusa x kaname <- OK! (just looked a bit around. doesn't seem to be a lot fanart of the 2 of them)

Yeah.. I was thinking as well Zero x Hanabusa (I started writting something related to that, but I'm in doubt between Hanabusa X Kaname, Luka x Sebastian and Soushi x Sebastian T_T It's so hard to decide T_T)
Apr 30, 2012 7:29 PM

Jan 2011
Would it be okay to do ShizuoIzayaKida?
If not I can pick something else... I have to much time on my hands >.<
May 1, 2012 12:19 AM

Nov 2010
you can use them :)
May 3, 2012 9:15 AM

Nov 2009
Hell yeah!~ If I have time this weekend and next week, I'm definitely writing one too (meh, dunno how I missed two newsletters in a row XDD *coughs*)~^^ I looove crack pairs in fiction~

Just one question, are any kind of genres acceptable? Because I usually write angst, but I know not many people like it, soo...is it okay?
May 3, 2012 9:41 AM

Nov 2010
RealExtinction said:
Hell yeah!~ If I have time this weekend and next week, I'm definitely writing one too (meh, dunno how I missed two newsletters in a row XDD *coughs*)~^^ I looove crack pairs in fiction~

Just one question, are any kind of genres acceptable? Because I usually write angst, but I know not many people like it, soo...is it okay?

yay another person with interest on writing something! (gladly you saw them now ^^)
yeah you can write about everything as long as it's shounen ai and/or yaoi. i won't restrict you there..
just a thing though: everyone will be able to vote for the FF they think of as good. since people are usually biased.. well you get the picture right? i don't mind anything of that though.. i actually like it :D
May 3, 2012 3:46 PM

Nov 2009
Arinya said:

yay another person with interest on writing something! (gladly you saw them now ^^)
yeah you can write about everything as long as it's shounen ai and/or yaoi. i won't restrict you there..
just a thing though: everyone will be able to vote for the FF they think of as good. since people are usually biased.. well you get the picture right? i don't mind anything of that though.. i actually like it :D

Um...yeaaah...^^;; Really sorry for not reacting to them earlier.XD
Yeah, I see what you're getting at there.^^;; Well, then we'll see what I get inspired to write about then and hopefully it won't be something for people to shiver from (still, angst ROCKS!~xPP).XD Thank you very much for the answer!~^ww^
May 3, 2012 4:10 PM

Nov 2010
*too lazy to even quote right now* :D
no problem. not everyone looks at their own profile regularly since not everyone receives messages regularly. you saw it on time and it is important for me to know that there are people who are in general interested in it. without people participating, there is no need to put up a competition since it's work for me as well.

haha personally i love stories which make me feel like crying best... (maybe that's why i like to kill off my most beloved character in the fanfictions i write :D)

and you're welcome~ if you have more questions, you (and all other members as well) are welcome to ask. i answer as soon as possible ^^
May 27, 2012 11:25 PM
Nov 2008
How many stories have been submitted so far?
May 28, 2012 1:34 PM

Oct 2008
Question.. does it have to be from a yaoi manga or can we do like Sasuke and Naruto? Or.. do we have to mix the pairing up.. like Sebbyxrin..instead of sebbyxciel
May 28, 2012 5:11 PM

Nov 2010
DominateOne said:
Question.. does it have to be from a yaoi manga or can we do like Sasuke and Naruto? Or.. do we have to mix the pairing up.. like Sebbyxrin..instead of sebbyxciel

you can choose from all characters but you have to mix them up to say it in short. naruto and sasuke is so common that that pair does not really fit into our club. it is possible to take 2 of the same show though if they are not matched up usually. To take an example from naruto as well: Gaara x Shikamaru would be possible... if you have an idea and are not sure whether it is unique or not, you can always ask me. :)
Jun 24, 2012 5:07 PM
Nov 2008
I might do it again...if I find another pair I really want to write about xD Haha
Jul 1, 2012 1:03 PM
Nov 2008
I think I've got a pairing picked out. Just need to play around with a story to see if it'll work out nicely.
Jul 1, 2012 1:05 PM

Nov 2010
oh that would be great! i hope others will participate as well!

btw if someone is interested but has problems with the deadline, s/he can always contact me... ^^
Jul 3, 2012 12:36 AM
Nov 2008
So far I have 671 words xD I should be done it by the 10th~
Jul 3, 2012 3:01 AM

Nov 2010
that's great :) and there is at least a 2nd story that will be there as well

though i still hope for more people to participate of course. i definitely can't because of my exams. but next month, i should be able to write one as well...
Jul 5, 2012 1:24 AM
Nov 2008
It's sad that there's like no one who wants to write D:
Jul 5, 2012 1:29 AM

Nov 2010
it really is! well CuteAnimeJunkie - who participated last month - doesn't have the time right now... if she gets back on time, maybe she wants to write something again...

but as for all the others: i almost always mention it in newsletters... too bad, i can't force them to write <- would be kinda fun in my imagination though ^^
Jul 5, 2012 8:37 AM
Nov 2008
Hahaha yeah xD Force them alllll~ ;D

My story wasn't working out too well so I'm trying with a different coupling now~
Jul 5, 2012 8:41 AM

Nov 2010
hai~ I'll do that. i got an awesome idea for forcing them... I'll just have to make a SE where only those participating in either story or picture contest can request cards :D how about that?

too bad but take your time writing it. if you can't finish it before the 10th, tell me and i will wait for you :)
Jul 5, 2012 10:10 AM
Nov 2008
Hahaha yeah xD Do that xDD

Okie dokes! I should have it finished by then but I am definitely submitting something~
Oct 14, 2012 5:13 AM

Nov 2010
Updated!!!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Newsletter Sign-Up ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 8, 2012

75 by nitchi »»
Oct 6, 2017 3:00 PM

Sticky: » Membercards (for new members)[Shiki x Shion added] ( 1 2 3 4 )

Arinya - Mar 14, 2012

196 by rossgeller »»
Feb 1, 2017 11:59 PM

» ~Game~ + Quiz LE #3 [open]

Arinya - Oct 11, 2012

16 by SibbyChu »»
Aug 19, 2015 6:18 PM

Sticky: » ~Chibi SE (only for Competition Participants~) [open]

Arinya - Jul 5, 2012

9 by jeni234 »»
Aug 21, 2013 6:17 AM

» February - Couple Claiming

Arinya - Feb 6, 2013

2 by baahsu »»
Feb 24, 2013 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.