Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 24, 2012 6:26 PM

Sep 2006
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/02/23/magazine-reports-bleach-anime-ending-on-march-27th

Bleach might be ending on March 27th?! Bleach's animation director also twittered this image. It seems according to Wikipedia's list of episodes
. So the FullBring arc might just jump abruptly to an early end, and the final manga arc that just started won't be covered at all.

-- Updates --
http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/491 If you scroll down all the way to April 3rd, the schedule shows that Episode #367 is on TV Osaka. Rumors say that the previous announcement was for TV Tokyo ending their 6pm slot for Bleach, but other channels will still be carrying it. [as heard from onemanga.com] Still waiting for more official news from crunchy roll or ANN.

-- Updates --
GrayArchon said:
That listing is an error, someone miscounted when adding placeholders for the TV Osaka broadcasts of Bleach. As the small text at the bottom of the page translates to:

"All data are entered manually, you may incorrect information has been registered.
Requests for correction of the data from the bulletin board. Opinions and requests and bug reports from the report page."

If that's insufficient to convince you, Hiroki Takagi, one of the animation directors for Bleach (the one mentioned by the original article) answered some questions on twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/174748782204956672
https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/174761553785135104
https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/175463563295596544
https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/176546153813385216
https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/176574153950887936
https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/176583483379027969

whitetear said:
By the way I'll also add that it says in Japanese in Takagi's Twitter Bio that Bleach has ended:

しがないアニメ自営業。専門は絵コンテ、演出、原画など。アニメブリーチの作業は終了しました。お仕事募集中。プチネットウヨクなので取扱要注意。
The bolded part: "Production of Bleach has terminated."
cardinMar 16, 2012 7:50 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 24, 2012 11:23 PM

Aug 2008
I don't want them to end Bleach so suddenly! As long as they don't put in fillers it was going fine.
Feb 25, 2012 5:59 AM

Aug 2009
Well thats odd for them to cut the anime off while the manga is still going on.

Maybe they'll release a new show that will last 25 episodes and cover the last Bleach manga arc?
Feb 25, 2012 6:59 AM
Dec 2010
What is this?! :( I liked Bleach, too bad they end it so abruptly!!! Why can't they continue? :/
Feb 25, 2012 7:32 AM
Jan 2008
WTF? How could they end anime if manga has started a new story? And there's no info about 2nd season... That's crazy.. Gosh I've been wathing this anime for 5 years... I don't want any ending.... T.T
Feb 25, 2012 8:57 AM

Jul 2007
Just look at how big the arancar saga was, it covered nearly 2/3 of the series, about 200 episodes and was the bulk of the anime. In fact this new arc just started in the manga and i have to say it looks pretty interesting, its completely new and refreshing. Though i am glad he isn't ending his story with aizen, because it just wouldn't make sense, their is so many plot holes in the story right now of the first anime, this really gives him time to elaborate and explore the bleach universe alot more, many questions remain like "who is the spirit king" "where do these other realms dwell, besides the soul society", "what is the origins of orihime and the state of her unusual time bending power", "how is ichigo's family connected to all this and what is the birth place of his family" it just wouldn't feel complete, so this new story is going to be something i guess for bleach fans to look forward to in the manga to help feel in all of the plot holes left behind.

So its no surprise that this latest arc is going to probably be like another 2 years worth of material. So i guess thats when the production team decided to just cut off the first series where its at and it will probably remain on hiatus for a long time until a new adaptation is adapted from the 2nd part of the manga story line, kind of like shipuuden from naruto.

To me its just pretty shocking though, to think all these years, bleach has ran for what, like 12 years now? and all the sudden, BAM its finished. The 2nd of the "BIG 3" to actually officially conclude its first part. Including naruto of course. That is naruto is already on its 2nd part of the manga, but we don't know yet if kishimoto plans on this latest arc to be the final, many people are speculating that it is the last arc and i think so to cause everything is kind of coming to a climax, so it might just be a matter of time before the first series of the big 3 to actually finish the story completely. I for one hope, they continue on with naruto, its a great show they can expand the universe of the naruto story line. One piece will probably be the last, i can see that lol.

Its just nuts though, after all these years, these huge series are finally seeing some closure.

I guess now is a good time as any to get your shonen fix done. After i finish hitman reborn, i'll probably end up watching bleach after and then i can finally mark a "complete" status in that anime. By that time, naruto will probably be almost finished so then ill watch that next.

Feb 25, 2012 11:45 AM

Feb 2011
I pretty much suspect they'll bring back the anime once the manga completes. DO people really want another filler arc with already so much of them? I don't, honestly. The manga entered its final arc, so let's have patience and just see what happens.
Feb 25, 2012 11:47 AM
Nov 2010
Yeah, I agree, the ~310th episode might have been a better place for a break if they intended it anyways, but the Bleach story is far from done... There're many things that are left to be said and are (hopefully) gonna be explained in the last Bleach arc that has just started... I'm pretty sure it won't be disappointing...

I think going on a break after the fullbring arc is finished might be good because fillers can get boring... If there's a break after that, I'll be eagerly waiting for the continuation... Yes, Bleach is an anime I've('m) grown(ing) up with, as well...

Anyways, were there some other confirmations or denials of Bleach stopping after episode 366?
Tomislavr7Feb 25, 2012 11:53 AM
Feb 25, 2012 1:05 PM

Jan 2012
Tomislavr7 said:
Yeah, I agree, the ~310th episode might have been a better place for a break if they intended it anyways, but the Bleach story is far from done... There're many things that are left to be said and are (hopefully) gonna be explained in the last Bleach arc that has just started... I'm pretty sure it won't be disappointing...

I think going on a break after the fullbring arc is finished might be good because fillers can get boring... If there's a break after that, I'll be eagerly waiting for the continuation... Yes, Bleach is an anime I've('m) grown(ing) up with, as well...

Anyways, were there some other confirmations or denials of Bleach stopping after episode 366?

Exactly. They shoulda ended the first part at Aizen and concluded it with Ichigo losing his powers. Then after the manga finishes, start a second part with Ichigo trying to get his powers back. I, for one, wish for a longer story. Bleach is my favorite one out of the three mainstream shounens.
Feb 25, 2012 2:45 PM

May 2010
iNinjaMan said:

Exactly. They shoulda ended the first part at Aizen and concluded it with Ichigo losing his powers. Then after the manga finishes, start a second part with Ichigo trying to get his powers back. I, for one, wish for a longer story. Bleach is my favorite one out of the three mainstream shounens.

I agree.

I still can't believe they are ending it so freakin soon! There BETTER be more episodes later!
(God dang OP and Naruto are still going! and Bleach was the best one of the 3! DX)
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Feb 25, 2012 5:00 PM

Jan 2011
Manga is still going. It's not the end of the world people!
I'm glad they are ending it now rather than have a sh*t ton of fillers.

And who knows, maybe they'll do what Gintama did and wait a year, then create Bleach 2.
At this point Bleach is so close to catching up to the manga it only makes sense to end it.
Feb 25, 2012 7:11 PM

Sep 2006
It seems so odd a place to stop, being the last arc and all. And once it stops in April, will Bleach still have enough going for it to animate the last arc? I don't want it to become an OVA or movie..

And with all the initial hype about Kubo wanting 10 more years of Bleach a few years ago, it's as if the higher-ups pulled the plug and decided Bleach was done. That Bleach was done (anime and manga) came as a huge surprise this year, especially some band (was it Aqua Timez saying their ED was the last for Bleach?) leaking that news in January.

(or i could be wrong about that ED thing, haven't managed to find that source i saw last time)
cardinFeb 25, 2012 7:15 PM
Feb 25, 2012 7:43 PM
Nov 2009
This was quite surprising to see. But honestly the episode where ichigo finally lost his powers and rukia disappeared, THAT was a PERFECT ending to be honest. It concluded where he started and where he got his powers and linked back to the beginning by finally parting with rukia. But once I saw this fullbringer arc, I was expecting another buildup to another major plot, oh well. However this is a moneycow anime, I fully expect it to come back. Like another poster said, I've been watching this since I was 13-14, don't remember, but it will be kind of weird for the anime to finally end(for now at least) when Ichigo just got back his powers.
Feb 26, 2012 6:02 AM
Nov 2010
cardin said:

-- Updates --
http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/491 If you scroll down all the way to April 3rd, the schedule shows that Episode #367 is on TV Osaka. Rumors say that the previous announcement was for TV Tokyo ending their 6pm slot for Bleach, but other channels will still be carrying it. [as heard from onemanga.com] Still waiting for more official news from crunchy roll or ANN.

Hmm, pretty interesting, I'm still gonna wait for some official info from Bleach staff themselves, I suppose...
Feb 26, 2012 9:18 AM

Apr 2008
They should have ended it awhile ago and handled the series like Bakuman. Bleach always catches up to the manga in no time.
Feb 26, 2012 5:16 PM
Feb 2012
Hope they don't screw around with ending Bleach. It's really the only thing that keeps me excited about getting out of bed it the morning and it has and always will be my favourite anime/manga. If they mess it up I'll be rather sad.
Feb 28, 2012 5:13 AM

Apr 2011
BLEACH WILL END AT EPISODE 366.
Feb 28, 2012 5:32 AM

Sep 2009
I am glad it's ending...now I can stop hearing about it all of the time x.x
Feb 28, 2012 5:55 AM

Dec 2011
TrOjAnHoRsE said:

And you are sure about this? Why, how do you know?
Feb 28, 2012 6:31 AM
Aug 2010
Bleach will end with the fullbring arc....they wont make a new series for the last arc (maybe an OVA?).

Feb 28, 2012 6:42 AM
Nov 2010
MrFreedomJustice said:
Bleach will end with the fullbring arc....they wont make a new series for the last arc (maybe an OVA?).

What is the source of the info?
Feb 28, 2012 6:43 AM

Aug 2011
akutasame94 said:
TrOjAnHoRsE said:

Because it says so on MAL?
Feb 28, 2012 9:05 AM
Feb 2010
IchigoHollowfi said:
God dang OP and Naruto are still going! and Bleach was the best one of the 3!

Nah, more worst.
Feb 28, 2012 9:18 AM

Dec 2011
Wow just saw the final ep count. Im amazed, its ending now. I hope they continue it.
Feb 28, 2012 11:41 AM

Dec 2010
I hope they are just taking a break so they don't have to add filler; because while Bleach has had its ups and downs (more down as of late) it still should have a complete ending when the final manga arc ends.
Feb 28, 2012 12:02 PM

Oct 2011
It's not ending at 266, it's ending in it's current time slot at the time. 267 is set to air April 3rd. This is what happens when people can't properly translate the language. Lol.
Feb 28, 2012 12:42 PM

Dec 2011
Tiago97 said:
akutasame94 said:
TrOjAnHoRsE said:

Because it says so on MAL?

MAL is not always correct...
Feb 28, 2012 1:31 PM

Apr 2011
Shinobinomi said:
Well thats odd for them to cut the anime off while the manga is still going on.

Maybe they'll release a new show that will last 25 episodes and cover the last Bleach manga arc?

Hopefully !!!
Feb 28, 2012 2:00 PM
Jul 2011
Manga is so boring to read. Why must all the good on-going shows stop airing and have the manga still running? KHR/Bleach/D.grayman/Deadman/many more...
Feb 28, 2012 2:31 PM

Jan 2012
AnimeFtw1 said:
Manga is so boring to read. Why must all the good on-going shows stop airing and have the manga still running? KHR/Bleach/D.grayman/Deadman/many more...

i would rather say its pain in the ass than 'boring' but yep
Feb 28, 2012 3:06 PM

Dec 2009
xKazaf said:
It's not ending at 266, it's ending in it's current time slot at the time. 267 is set to air April 3rd. This is what happens when people can't properly translate the language. Lol.

If this is correct then that is just awesome! I don't care if Bleach ends up in filler for awhile, at least it will still be around.
Feb 28, 2012 3:37 PM

Dec 2011
xKazaf said:

I hope your right. Btw 366, not 266.
Feb 28, 2012 4:55 PM

Jan 2009
The timing of the end of bleach is perfect, I've watched it since the first episode premiered and I am glad that it had to die with this arc. It will be missed but aren't all anime that we've watched would be.
Feb 28, 2012 5:10 PM

Jul 2011
Wow! I started watching this about a few months ago, and im caught up now! What an amazing show! (Except for the princess arc and the random filler episodes, they were terribly annoying..) I'm glad it's ending but I wish I could I always see one of those badass moments where he comes back from defeat and owns his opponent in a fight! What an adventure haha!
Feb 29, 2012 4:54 AM
Nov 2009
Looks like I have to read the manga now, for all those years I have purposely not read it because I didn`t want to spoilers in the anime... Damn!
Mar 1, 2012 3:43 AM

Aug 2009
Actually, episode 367 is going to be aired on TV Osaka April 3 and its title is "Goodbye to Xcution" which mean that episode is going to be the end of the Xcution arc. TV Tokyo won't release it, but TV Osaka will so IMO they just switched to another channel. There are rumors that there's going to be another a new channel that will broadcast Bleach and some other animes which TV Tokyo cancelled.
Also, the newspapres says that Bleach is going to an end at 27th march on TV Tokyo (and only on TV Tokyo). That ep 366 is going to be the last one on THEIR channel. They never said Bleach is done or anything like that. It's too famous anime to shut it down, they earn too much money from it.
Mar 1, 2012 3:49 AM

May 2010
oh well there goes my wish, putting Bleach in my "complete" list....
Mar 2, 2012 4:04 PM

Nov 2011
Well I don't think Bleach is fully gone. Bleach makes too much money for them to simply all out cancel it. I think there is likely to be a very long (couple of years maybe?) break and then they will maybe animate whatever is left of the manga in a separate series (Naruto Shippuden style?).

It makes sense when I think about it... the anime is so close to the manga at the moment, it would just end up being in filler for years if it carried on, this would cause the ratings to go down. The alternative I suppose would be to break off from the manga and have an anime only ending but I don't think that would go down well with most Bleach fans.
Mar 2, 2012 4:09 PM

Nov 2011
skullblade169 said:
Well I don't think Bleach is fully gone. Bleach makes too much money for them to simply all out cancel it. I think there is likely to be a very long (couple of years maybe?) break and then they will maybe animate whatever is left of the manga in a separate series (Naruto Shippuden style?).

It makes sense when I think about it... the anime is so close to the manga at the moment, it would just end up being in filler for years if it carried on, this would cause the ratings to go down. The alternative I suppose would be to break off from the manga and have an anime only ending but I don't think that would go down well with most Bleach fans.

Exactly my thoughts. I hardly think Bleach is going to finish just like that. Instead of giving us a huge long filler arc(Like the bount arc) which could end up being a total failure and be a waste, they are going to "end" Bleach and take it off air but then once they are reasonably ahead or finished with the manga I guarantee you we will be seeing Bleach rise again. I mean why would you just make an anime with over 300+ episodes, decently popular and right when you get to the FINAL ARC just cut it off? Wouldn't make sense.

This is going to be a LONG arc though, from what I hear it's going to be even longer then the arancar arc.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Mar 3, 2012 7:25 AM

May 2010
IchigoHollowfi said:
iNinjaMan said:

I agree.

I still can't believe they are ending it so freakin soon! There BETTER be more episodes later!
(God dang OP and Naruto are still going! and Bleach was the best one of the 3! DX)

Are all of you forgetting another anime that is still airing and is just as awesome too?!?! Detective Conan!!!!!!!!! its up to i think ep 640 or so

Mar 5, 2012 4:09 PM
Mar 2008
about time so i can get this crap of my list. hillarious its getting replaced with naruto fillers tho
Mar 6, 2012 12:30 AM

Nov 2011
It's not ending guys, probably won't even have a long break. Just crappy fillers:P But we will see
Mar 10, 2012 2:52 AM
Dec 2010
Hope they come back stronger :) I really enjoyed watching Bleach even if it was some filler parts. I like the Bleach universe and would hate to see it end just like that! We'll see what happens.
Mar 15, 2012 4:08 AM

May 2011
Gazandoom said:
Looks like I have to read the manga now, for all those years I have purposely not read it because I didn`t want to spoilers in the anime... Damn!

if this is indeed true, this guy sums up my sentiments exactly
Mar 15, 2012 9:39 AM
Feb 2012
I' hoping the anime is not over and it's just moving TV stations since I would like to see the final arc animated, it was getting interesting again ;o

Idc about fillers too much with Bleach, there not too bad in my opinion. Hope it continues, I'll be sad to see it go.
Mar 15, 2012 12:09 PM

Mar 2011
@All of the above,
Read OP, apparently Bleach is already slotted for episode 367 on TV Osaka or w/e...
--Dread Knight Torac, Destroyer of Grammar Nazis--
Mar 15, 2012 12:52 PM
Mar 2010
Rivkah94 said:
@All of the above,
Read OP, apparently Bleach is already slotted for episode 367 on TV Osaka or w/e...

That listing is an error, someone miscounted when adding placeholders for the TV Osaka broadcasts of Bleach. As the small text at the bottom of the page translates to:

"All data are entered manually, you may incorrect information has been registered.
Requests for correction of the data from the bulletin board. Opinions and requests and bug reports from the report page."

If that's insufficient to convince you, Hiroki Takagi, one of the animation directors for Bleach (the one mentioned by the original article) answered some questions on twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/174748782204956672
https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/174761553785135104
https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/175463563295596544
https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/176546153813385216
https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/176574153950887936
https://twitter.com/#!/takawokukuru/status/176583483379027969
Mar 15, 2012 1:12 PM

Apr 2011
Wow, Gray, I'd read one of those tweets (reply to Juan that it won't play on other networks) but you've got a big collection of tweets there!

By the way I'll also add that it says in Japanese in Takagi's Twitter Bio that Bleach has ended:
しがないアニメ自営業。専門は絵コンテ、演出、原画など。アニメブリーチの作業は終了しました。お仕事募集中。プチネットウヨクなので取扱要注意。
The bolded part: "Production of Bleach has terminated."
Mar 15, 2012 3:44 PM

Mar 2011
The anime really caught up with the manga. I dont like the idea of watching fillers for a whole year(or more) untill the actual story progresses. I personally think that thats the reason they are ending it now, and that there will probably be a new season after a while.
Mar 16, 2012 1:10 AM

Feb 2011
FireHeart said:
The anime really caught up with the manga. I dont like the idea of watching fillers for a whole year(or more) untill the actual story progresses. I personally think that thats the reason they are ending it now, and that there will probably be a new season after a while.

I also think that's the reason. I don't usually mind fillers all that much, but Bleach has gotten to the point that there are simply too much of them.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 361 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 21, 2012

153 by Zorosake »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

210 by Xashinz »»
Apr 25, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
Apr 24, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 23, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Apr 23, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.