Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 21, 2008 8:32 AM

Aug 2008
Personally I think that Clovis did not need to die. Lelouch had no personal reason to kill his brother besides the political gains of doing it. I think it would have been very interesting to see Lelouch and Clovis try to fight the Britannian Empire. One on the outside, Lelouch, and one on the inside, Clovis. All Lelouch had to do was convince Clovis of all the wrongs that were committed against him. What do you guys think?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 26, 2009 11:01 PM

Apr 2009
Yeah Colvis didn't have to die Lelouch (but the bad thing is me and Lulu r married)

Oct 9, 2009 3:36 PM
Sep 2009
I agree - Clovy's existance wouldn't really have been a problem for Lulu. Yeah, Clovy's massacre at Shinjuku was not nice, but Clovy really was a kindhearted, gentle character - unlike the other b*****dly Princes in the Imperial Family.
And if memory serves correctly, didn't Clovy offer to go into some sort of self-imposed exile or hiding, if Lulu only spared his life? How cruel does someone have to be to kill their own half-brother, the person they grew up with? How did Lulu sleep at night, knowing that it was his fault his siblings had to mourn Clovy's death? How cold-hearted was he really, that he showed no sympathy for even his brother?

Wow, this was a really great topic. Thank you again for letting me join the club - that rant's been bottled up for about a year now. ^-^"
Nov 9, 2009 5:36 PM
Oct 2009
To be perfectly honest, I have a theory behind this one and a lot of people have told me it's pretty inventive. Truthfully, Lelouch could have just Geassed him and made him follow his orders just as he did Schneizel in R2. There would still have been a storyline and his character would have gotten proper airtime and justification. Clovis didn't truly need to die, and Lelouch was no better than Britannia for killing him, even when he truly knew nothing about his mother's death.

By killing him, Lelouch was truly no better than his father for the very same actions that he hated him for. I guess that's why I'm Pro-Britannia. Seriously, old Lulu contradicts himself too much to make him too likable.
Jun 1, 2015 4:27 PM

Jul 2012
I agree I mean come on they grew up together and got along just fine.

He killed him because he hated Britannia and clovis was part of it....

I hated Lelouch for doing that
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jan 25, 2019 2:30 PM
May 2014
Sorry for reviving such an old post.

But I'm pretty neutral about this, however I feel that Clovis was a 50/50 guilty for the massacres done to the japanese, but he might did because he might had resentment against them because Lelouch, Nunally and Marianne's death.

In the series is mentioned that Clovis being the third prince, he painted many times Lelouch, and Marianne and he had paintings of both of them, it is said by Euphemia, which makes me think that Clovis perhaps loved his brother Lelouch he after all considered him his rival. They never clarified anything about this, but I feel that Clovis death was unfair.

Also Schneizel says something like ''That's my brother Lelouch, the only man I've loved and feared'' I feel like all of them had respect for Lelouch he being so young maybe for his intellect.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.