Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 18, 2011 8:20 PM

Dec 2011
cyphon619 said:
@ideoidiom

IIRC, they explained your spoiler during the Fate/Stay Night anime which is why
towards the end (it seems that you didn't watch the anime so I can understand where you're coming from).
Ya but she actually WANTED to destroy it too. So what's the point of the command seal lol
Dec 18, 2011 8:22 PM

Oct 2011
silver_gospel said:
So r u saying that the story goes 3 different ways?

Yeah, there are three 'routes' with completely scenarios, and each route have different endings.

silver_gospel said:
Ya but she actually WANTED to destroy it too. So what's the point of the command seal lol

1. That's not the actual Grail if you've read HF.
2. The Grail summoned the spirits, you'd hesitate if you're about to kill yourself, no?
3. Command spells are basically a huge pool of pure magic, which is why it's so scarce, amplifies the abilities of the magus (Emiya couldn't trace for shit before the Grail War), and has the ability to subdue a heroic spirit. So the final spell was like burst damage.
ideoidiomDec 18, 2011 8:26 PM
Dec 18, 2011 8:24 PM

Dec 2011
MissileSoup said:
silver_gospel said:
K I got this.... So then I just started to question another thing... I'm still kinda confused why she didn't drink the Holy Grail. She could've stayed with him... Sry for so many questions.

Without going into the details of the VN, the simple answer is that the Holy Grail grants wishes, and Saber's wish was never to stay with Shirou. I don't remember how the TV series ended, so I'll put this in spoilers just in case.
[spoiler

As for Ataraxia, I actually don't know anything about it, but it's not fully translated anyway.

I'm pretty sure her wish changed at the end. She wanted a better king than she was for Britain. Was her reason in destroying the Holy grail just not to cause destruction? As they've explained in one episode, It was revealed that the holy grail was weapon of destruction right? Or was there another reason that she destroyed the holy grail. And one more question, does that mean servants are forever gone since they already destroyed the holy grail? Or will it appear again?
Again, sorry for all the questions
VerdantGaleDec 18, 2011 8:28 PM
Dec 18, 2011 8:27 PM

Dec 2011
MissileSoup said:
silver_gospel said:
K I got this.... So then I just started to question another thing... I'm still kinda confused why she didn't drink the Holy Grail. She could've stayed with him... Sry for so many questions.

Without going into the details of the VN, the simple answer is that the Holy Grail grants wishes, and Saber's wish was never to stay with Shirou. I don't remember how the TV series ended, so I'll put this in spoilers just in case.

As for Ataraxia, I actually don't know anything about it, but it's not fully translated anyway.

I'm pretty sure that she loved Shirou and changed her mind at the end. So basically, she just wants Britain to have a better King than she was. Ok so the reason why she destroyed the holy grail was because she found out it was a weapon of destruction? Or is there another reason.
Again sry for all the questions
Dec 18, 2011 8:28 PM

Oct 2011
Movie that summarizes the UBW route. It omits a lot of details from the VN, but it's still a decent standalone.

Oh I answered your question back there via edit.
Dec 18, 2011 8:30 PM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:
silver_gospel said:

Yeah, there are three 'routes' with completely scenarios, and each route have different endings.

Is there one that has a pleasant ending? O and... whats hf?

silver_gospel said:

2. The Grail summoned the spirits, you'd hesitate if you're about to kill yourself, no?
3. Command spells are basically a huge pool of pure magic, which is why it's so scarce, amplifies the abilities of the magus (Emiya couldn't trace for shit before the Grail War), and has the ability to subdue a heroic spirit. So the final spell was like burst damage.
Dec 18, 2011 8:40 PM

Oct 2011
silver_gospel said:
And one more question, does that mean servants are forever gone since they already destroyed the holy grail? Or will it appear again?

Watch Unlimited Blade Works.

hf=Heaven's Feel, the third route.

silver_gospel said:
So basically, she just wants Britain to have a better King than she was. Ok so the reason why she destroyed the holy grail was because she found out it was a weapon of destruction? Or is there another reason.

Basically.
Dec 18, 2011 9:01 PM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:
silver_gospel said:
And one more question, does that mean servants are forever gone since they already destroyed the holy grail? Or will it appear again?

silver_gospel said:
So basically, she just wants Britain to have a better King than she was. Ok so the reason why she destroyed the holy grail was because she found out it was a weapon of destruction? Or is there another reason.

Basically.
Does she actually care?? No other reason.. i c...
Dec 18, 2011 9:04 PM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:
silver_gospel said:

silver_gospel said:

Basically.

Sry about all the questions i'm having, so the main character's not real father, destroyed the Holy Grail on the 4th war i think. But it appeared AGAIN? in the 5th?
Dec 18, 2011 9:24 PM

Oct 2011
Yeah, I've said it earlier that it wasn't the real Grail. You can find out the true nature of the Grail in the Heaven's Feel route.
Dec 19, 2011 4:41 AM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:
Yeah, I've said it earlier that it wasn't the real Grail. You can find out the true nature of the Grail in the Heaven's Feel route.
i c... ok on top of that, Roccmendation for an anime that's competible with fate stay night or fate zero that has drawings that actually look modern, say for ranma 1/2 looks like from the 1990's, not good.
Must have genre: Fantasy. romance
I'm ok with any other genre but those two are the ones im interested in.
Maybe a little action will do.
Thanks. Hot gilrs please too... saber is hot... XDD
Dec 19, 2011 10:52 AM

Oct 2011
Can't think of much since I'm more of a sci-fi guy than fantasy guy, but sounds like 'Shakugan no Shana' might be your thing.
Dec 19, 2011 11:20 AM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:
Can't think of much since I'm more of a sci-fi guy than fantasy guy, but sounds like 'Shakugan no Shana' might be your thing.

Ya its on my watchlist in my brain lol. But if she would look more like a women... aw forget it.
Dec 19, 2011 11:24 AM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:

So i have to play the VN to understand most of this...
Dec 19, 2011 11:46 AM

Oct 2011
silver_gospel said:

If you really enjoyed Fate Stay Night, then yeah, I'd recommend it. You're making it sound like a chore to watch it, but I assure you, the Visual Novel is far more interesting than the anime.
Dec 19, 2011 11:47 AM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:
silver_gospel said:

If you really enjoyed Fate Stay Night, then yeah, I'd recommend it. You're making it sound like a chore to watch it, but I assure you, the Visual Novel is far more interesting than the anime.
Visual novel is a game right?
Dec 19, 2011 11:49 AM

Oct 2011
Also, pick up Eureka Seven, Bakemonogatari, or Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, are the ones I'd recommend. Not really that similar to FSN though.
Dec 19, 2011 11:49 AM

Oct 2011
Yeah, it's a game. It's got bits of hentai scenes that aren't really relevant to the story, but if you want, I can find an all-ages version for you.
Dec 19, 2011 11:52 AM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:
Yeah, it's a game. It's got bits of hentai scenes that aren't really relevant to the story, but if you want, I can find an all-ages version for you.

How give me the link to all of them please! I'll download and play... its ok if its torrent i guess
Dec 19, 2011 12:02 PM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:
silver_gospel said:

silver_gospel said:

I really hate the true ending rofl.
Dec 19, 2011 12:21 PM

Oct 2011
I sent you a link.
Dec 19, 2011 12:22 PM
Dec 2007
Heroic Spirits live in the Throne of Heroes not in the grail. The Grail is not even made for wish-granting (through it can grant wishes), it's merely a gate to Origin which is what actually grants wishes (and where all the world knowledge and power is contained). The only reason Saber hesitated was because she needed the Grail.

And since many people said some stupid confusing things here, Ataraxia isn't a direct sequel to any of the three routes. It's more like the sequel to an amalgam of the three routes. This is easy to see because all 3 heroines are there and all their secrets are revealed (even Sakura's).

BTW, the point of using the command seal was to power up Saber. Saber was on the brink of running out of energy and 1 Excalibur shot would pretty much spell her death. Command Spells compel Herois Spirits to do almost impossible things so long as it is within their realm of possibilities, so if Saber was ordered to destroy the Grail she wouldn't hold back any single ounce of power to ensure it was destroyed. That was why he did it. Do note Rin doesn't use one during UBW because Saber had more than enough power to use Excalibur.

And for my last point, I'd like people to know there's no "caliburn" in King Arthur's tale. There's only the sword in the stone or sword of choosing which only a true King could take out, and Excalibur, the gift of the Fairy of the Lake. Arthur loses the Sword of the Stone and receives Excalibur (with Avalon, it's sheath) as a gift. The writer of Fate/Stay Night just thought that it would be inconvenient to have a "nameless sword" be Saber's original super sword so he named it Caliburn.

Dec 19, 2011 12:28 PM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Heroic Spirits live in the Throne of Heroes not in the grail. The Grail is not even made for wish-granting (through it can grant wishes), it's merely a gate to Origin which is what actually grants wishes (and where all the world knowledge and power is contained). The only reason Saber hesitated was because she needed the Grail.

And since many people said some stupid confusing things here, Ataraxia isn't a direct sequel to any of the three routes. It's more like the sequel to an amalgam of the three routes. This is easy to see because all 3 heroines are there and all their secrets are revealed (even Sakura's).

BTW, the point of using the command seal was to power up Saber. Saber was on the brink of running out of energy and 1 Excalibur shot would pretty much spell her death. Command Spells compel Herois Spirits to do almost impossible things so long as it is within their realm of possibilities, so if Saber was ordered to destroy the Grail she wouldn't hold back any single ounce of power to ensure it was destroyed. That was why he did it. Do note Rin doesn't use one during UBW because Saber had more than enough power to use Excalibur.

And for my last point, I'd like people to know there's no "caliburn" in King Arthur's tale. There's only the sword in the stone or sword of choosing which only a true King could take out, and Excalibur, the gift of the Fairy of the Lake. Arthur loses the Sword of the Stone and receives Excalibur (with Avalon, it's sheath) as a gift. The writer of Fate/Stay Night just thought that it would be inconvenient to have a "nameless sword" be Saber's original super sword so he named it Caliburn.

You actually make sense lol... Saber agrees to destroy the Holy Grail. And where did you get all this stuff?
Dec 19, 2011 12:31 PM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:
I sent you a link.
The words on the picture actually looks more like Chinese than Japanese. Hey btw, how many visual novels are there?
Dec 19, 2011 12:33 PM

Oct 2011
It's Kanji, know what they are?

Check out:
vndb.org
Dec 19, 2011 12:49 PM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:
It's Kanji, know what they are?

Check out:
vndb.org

I thought it looked like chinese mandarin... Hey, so is there only one visual novel? Just a question, although i've asked plenty lol
Dec 19, 2011 12:53 PM
Dec 2011
It's not only one. You have more than one story if you're asking. You need to finish one path to unlock the rest. Trust me, if you're planning to read each piece of text, you'll need a lot of time on your hands. Oh, and by the way, there's quite a few H-Scenes. Especially Heaven's Feel.
Dec 19, 2011 12:53 PM

Oct 2011
EDIT: what he said.
Dec 19, 2011 1:31 PM

Dec 2011
How many visual novels are there the link you send me? Just a question
Dec 19, 2011 1:32 PM

Dec 2011
-Mika said:
It's not only one. You have more than one story if you're asking. You need to finish one path to unlock the rest. Trust me, if you're planning to read each piece of text, you'll need a lot of time on your hands. Oh, and by the way, there's quite a few H-Scenes. Especially Heaven's Feel.
How many are there?
Dec 19, 2011 1:34 PM

Oct 2011
You've never downloaded anything in parts?

... are you new to the internet?
Dec 19, 2011 1:58 PM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:

No i havent but i think i can handle it. What I meant is how many Visual Novels of Fate stay night are there. Mika just said that there are plenty. So i wanna know how many. If thas fine with you...
Dec 19, 2011 2:09 PM
Dec 2007
silver_gospel said:
ideoidiom said:

No i havent but i think i can handle it. What I meant is how many Visual Novels of Fate stay night are there. Mika just said that there are plenty. So i wanna know how many. If thas fine with you...
There's 1 (Fate/stay night) and the sequel (fate/Hollow Ataraxia). All the info I gave you was either from the VN or officially released Type-Moon extra material.

The info on the swords comes from my knowledge of King Arthur's tale however.

Also, there will be a port to PC of the PS2 All-Ages version of Fate/Stay Night (Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua) soon. From what I hear it will be released in 3 separate packages, one for each route (Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel).

And since I think this is a common source of confusion for many watchers who aren't used to Type-Moon's stories, All Visual Novels, Light Novels and games in general written by Kinoko Nasu are related in some way or another. He created this rule that all of his stories exist in parallel dimensions in a broad interconnected fiction fans call Nasuvere. There's even a type of "True Magic" that allows it's user to travel through such dimensions at will and there's one character that can do so. As such, there's no one true route and all routes happened...that's how it goes.

And just as a parting shot, the anime only differed in 1 arc, just one (Caster/Sakura arc). Everything else follows the Fate route more or less, even the ending.
Leon-GunDec 19, 2011 2:23 PM

Dec 19, 2011 2:51 PM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:

Ya know... I watched Unlimited Blade Works... But just saying, Archer, his identity can't be just a imaginary figure that was formed by shiuro. If so, then the anime would go as the movie. Another thing is that how did Shiuro become a servant? Well what im basically saying is that in the anime. Archer's identity can't be his imaginary ideal... which basically creates a different story from the very very begining. And I really really regret watching it sense it only made me more depressed at the end even though the movie wasn't really interesting lol
VerdantGaleDec 19, 2011 2:55 PM
Dec 19, 2011 2:54 PM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
silver_gospel said:
ideoidiom said:

There's 1 (Fate/stay night) and the sequel (fate/Hollow Ataraxia). All the info I gave you was either from the VN or officially released Type-Moon extra material.

The info on the swords comes from my knowledge of King Arthur's tale however.

Also, there will be a port to PC of the PS2 All-Ages version of Fate/Stay Night (Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua) soon. From what I hear it will be released in 3 separate packages, one for each route (Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel).

And since I think this is a common source of confusion for many watchers who aren't used to Type-Moon's stories, All Visual Novels, Light Novels and games in general written by Kinoko Nasu are related in some way or another. He created this rule that all of his stories exist in parallel dimensions in a broad interconnected fiction fans call Nasuvere. There's even a type of "True Magic" that allows it's user to travel through such dimensions at will and there's one character that can do so. As such, there's no one true route and all routes happened...that's how it goes.

And just as a parting shot, the anime only differed in 1 arc, just one (Caster/Sakura arc). Everything else follows the Fate route more or less, even the ending.

So what you're saying is that the movie the anime the visual novels that have different routes all happen differently in different dimensions? So basically there are more than one Holy Grails.
Dec 19, 2011 2:56 PM

Dec 2011
ideoidiom said:
I sent you a link.

Another question, the link you sent me, is the game long?
Dec 19, 2011 2:58 PM
Dec 2007
silver_gospel said:
ideoidiom said:

Ya know... I watched Unlimited Blade Works... But just saying, Archer, his identity can't be just a imaginary figure that was formed by shiuro. If so, then the anime would go as the movie. Another thing is that how did Shiuro become a servant? Well what im basically saying is that in the anime. Archer's identity can't be his imaginary ideal... which basically creates a different story from the very very begining.
Nah, he's literally another Shirou. a Shirou that follows his ideals and became the ideal itself. That's what he meant. But if you're asking how did he become a Servant, he just made a contract with the world and became a Counter Guardian. This is slightly different than being a Heroic Spirit. Counter Guardians are summoned by the world to stop disasters that threaten it but the only way they have to do this is by killing and killing and killing. Hence why Archer's soul became twisted with only the desire to die and to kill himself.

silver_gospel said:

So what you're saying is that the movie the anime the visual novels that have different routes all happen differently in different dimensions? So basically there are more than one Holy Grails.
I guess you can say that although even in one world the "Grail" of Fuyuki is one from amongst hundreds of potential Holy Grails. None of them have been confirmed as a True Grail and even the Grail of Fuyuki is not really the Holy Grail. It's just a gate created by magi.

Dec 19, 2011 3:02 PM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
silver_gospel said:
ideoidiom said:

Ya know... I watched Unlimited Blade Works... But just saying, Archer, his identity can't be just a imaginary figure that was formed by shiuro. If so, then the anime would go as the movie. Another thing is that how did Shiuro become a servant? Well what im basically saying is that in the anime. Archer's identity can't be his imaginary ideal... which basically creates a different story from the very very begining.
Nah, he's literally another Shirou. a Shirou that follows his ideals and became the ideal itself. That's what he meant. But if you're asking how did he become a Servant, he just made a contract with the world and became a Counter Guardian. This is slightly different than being a Heroic Spirit. Counter Guardians are summoned by the world to stop disasters that threaten it but the only way they have to do this is by killing and killing and killing. Hence why Archer's soul became twisted with only the desire to die and to kill himself.

silver_gospel said:

I guess you can say that although even in one world the "Grail" of Fuyuki is one from amongst hundreds of potential Holy Grails. None of them have been confirmed as a True Grail and even the Grail of Fuyuki is not really the Holy Grail. It's just a gate created by magi.

This... is... so... confusing....!!!!!!! Basically what happened in Fate/Zero and Fate Stay Night are in the same dimension. HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL THIS!? I kinda think posting this topic just made it more confusing LOL!
Dec 19, 2011 3:21 PM

Jun 2009
You find out most of this in the Visual Novel. I'm sure it's confusing when you haven't experienced if for yourself, but it'll make sense in context.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 19, 2011 3:39 PM

Dec 2011
insan3soldiern said:
You find out most of this in the Visual Novel. I'm sure it's confusing when you haven't experienced if for yourself, but it'll make sense in context.

k... Hey how long does it take to complete Fate/Stay Night with Realta Nua? About how long? Oh and is this the first Visual novel or is it second?
Dec 19, 2011 3:45 PM

Dec 2011
Leon-Gun said:
silver_gospel said:
ideoidiom said:

silver_gospel said:

Hey did you ever seen a one of saber's memories in fate stay night? There was one where saber stabbed an armored warrior and then she died, but her helmet split in 2 and then you see her face. It LOOKED LIKE SABERS FACE! Then shirou woke up... And saber got hurt from the stab too. If i'm correct, is the girl saber stabbed in the past supposed to be Arthur's bro? The one who betrayed him? Although in this case, its her bro, could it possibly mean that her bro is a sis instead?
Dec 19, 2011 3:56 PM

Jun 2009
silver_gospel said:
insan3soldiern said:

k... Hey how long does it take to complete Fate/Stay Night with Realta Nua? About how long? Oh and is this the first Visual novel or is it second?

As has already been said there is only two Fate/stay visual novels. Fate/stay night and Fate/hollow Ataraxia. And, I'm personally only speaking about Fate/stay as Ataraxia hasn't been fully translated yet, so I haven't read it yet.

Oh, and the person Saber is seen fighting in her dream is actually her son. Again, the visual novel goes into more detail and does these sequences you talk about much better. HE just got her feminine looks.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 19, 2011 3:59 PM

Dec 2011
insan3soldiern said:
silver_gospel said:
insan3soldiern said:

As has already been said there is only two Fate/stay visual novels. Fate/stay night and Fate/hollow Ataraxia. And, I'm personally only speaking about Fate/stay as Ataraxia hasn't been fully translated yet, so I haven't read it yet.

Oh, and the person Saber is seen fighting in her dream is actually her son. Again, the visual novel goes into more detail and does these sequences you talk about much better. HE just got her feminine looks.

I WOULD LMAO IF I SEE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE MAY AS WELL DRESS LIKE A GIRL! how did Saber get married... I kinda thought she loved Shirou... Like only him you know what i mean? Ok I guess... that would show up in the visual novel huh? SO Fate/Stay Night with Realta Nua isnt a visual novel?
I got a link that says i can download though..
Dec 19, 2011 4:14 PM

Jun 2009
silver_gospel said:
insan3soldiern said:
silver_gospel said:
insan3soldiern said:

I WOULD LMAO IF I SEE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE MAY AS WELL DRESS LIKE A GIRL! how did Saber get married... I kinda thought she loved Shirou... Like only him you know what i mean? Ok I guess... that would show up in the visual novel huh? SO Fate/Stay Night with Realta Nua isnt a visual novel?

I'm not sure what you mean. Fate/stay night with the Realta Nua patch is still very much a visual novel. All it does is add voices (except for sex scenes), new music tracks, and added effects. Oh, and there is an extra ending that you get for Saber that requires quite a bit of work.

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 19, 2011 4:17 PM

Dec 2011
insan3soldiern said:
silver_gospel said:
insan3soldiern said:
silver_gospel said:
insan3soldiern said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Fate/stay night with the Realta Nua patch is still very much a visual novel. All it does is add voices (except for sex scenes), new music tracks, and added effects. Oh, and there is an extra ending that you get for Saber that requires quite a bit of work.

O SO IT WAS AN UPDATE! I thought that it was a full novel! So its connected to fate/stay night! So basically its not a novel.
Dec 19, 2011 4:23 PM

Feb 2009
So basically this thread is a beginner's guide to the VN with tons of spoilers about it.
Okaaayy....

Carry on.
Dec 19, 2011 4:29 PM

Jun 2009
belatkuro said:
So basically this thread is a beginner's guide to the VN with tons of spoilers about it.
Okaaayy....

Carry on.

Yeah, I was getting that feeling too. This thread is very, very spoilerific. I tried to avoid spoilers as much as possible, but I'm afraid I'm not innocent either.

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 19, 2011 4:35 PM

Dec 2011
belatkuro said:
Okaaayy....

Carry on.
If you dont wanna see then you can leave. I feel very offended...
Dec 19, 2011 4:36 PM

Nov 2011
belatkuro said:
Okaaayy....

Carry on.

A topic asking questions about the ending is obviously bound to be full of spoilers. There's no reason to avoid spoilers to the Fate route. The OP should really just go play the VN if he's so interested in the story, before asking these questions
Dec 19, 2011 4:37 PM

Dec 2011
insan3soldiern said:
belatkuro said:
Okaaayy....

Carry on.

Yeah, I was getting that feeling too. This thread is very, very spoilerific. I tried to avoid spoilers as much as possible, but I'm afraid I'm not innocent either.

So making sure...Fate/ stay night is the novel itself, and Realta Nua itself is just a patch... i c...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Order

Shadow__-Monarch - May 4

23 by Alexioos95 »»
May 7, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 16, 2008

83 by FedeMetal »»
May 5, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

137 by FedeMetal »»
May 1, 6:08 PM

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

30 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 10:20 AM

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Apr 25, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.