Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 13, 2010 10:53 AM

Nov 2009
My mom knows about it.
I sat at the dinner table reading yaoi on my computer one day, and then my mom came up behind me. She saw two guys having sex from behind and all she said was: "Move I need to set the table"
That was so funny!!
My dad dosn't know about it though (divirced parents)
If he knew he would deffenately ban me from ever reading it again!!
Mar 14, 2010 12:36 PM

Jun 2008
No, and they even dont' know that they're buying me yaoi mangas ^^
Mar 14, 2010 11:29 PM

Nov 2009
well... they know i like BL, but not yaoi.
they're already suspicious but they're old-fashioned in the sense that they think it's a "natural urge" @_@

--who cares! it works to MY advantage!
Apr 10, 2010 9:14 PM

Dec 2008
No they don't know about it and i don't really want them to know
i'll be in big trouble
Apr 12, 2010 9:34 AM

Mar 2010
my parents have no clue and i hope they never find, they'd probably shoot me.
i have so many yaoi novels and manga and artbooks i'm hiding in boxes under my bed aaa!
You try and you fail. Try again. Fail better.
May 2, 2010 7:12 AM

Oct 2009
_Cassandra_ said:
Yup my mom knows, she actually sat down and watched a few episodes of Junjo Romantica with me and really liked it, so I can say " I got my mom hooked on Yaoi, O.O"

lol I think it's dream of every yaoi fan.... To be able to say 'I got my mum hooked on yaoi'.

Btw, have you ever thought about how it would look like when you grow up? Would you still like yaoi even when you get to have your own children? And have you ever wondered, if you had a teenage son who found out about your weird habit, how would he react? (lol I often think about this....)
May 2, 2010 7:16 AM

Jan 2010
No they do not
But my lil brother knows
Sig deleted for being too large.
May 2, 2010 7:19 AM

Oct 2009
Sandrie said:
Yes, they know. Even watched with me Gravitation. ;3

Wow. Good for ya.... I'd probably have to listen about religion disapproving that...
May 8, 2010 5:46 AM
May 2010
Nope even my friends dont know i watch yaoi.x
:)

"cross me once and you'll see I'm like a match in gasoline" (porcelain and the tramps) .x :)
May 8, 2010 5:58 AM

Jul 2009
No, they don't.
Only some of my friens know :)
May 9, 2010 10:20 AM

Mar 2009
No way XD My mom is kinda homophobic so if I told her she'd probably get mad or something O,o Okey she does know that I'm in to Yaoi but she just thinks it a 'normal' manga, and that she has no interest in what so ever XD
My dad doesn't know either, same there he knows I'm read manga and stuff but he as no idea what yaoi is. But when it comes to him I don't think he'd mind so much XD
Unless it's really hardcore or hentai that is =w=
May 13, 2010 2:46 AM
Nov 2009
I read yaoi or just browse some random pictures right in front of my mom, luckily she never bothers to check my monitor. XD But i save the hardcore stuff when no1 is around xDD Most of my friends know i am into it, i even hooked some of them into watching it ;D
May 16, 2010 8:46 AM
Dec 2009
No, my mother don't know. And I will not tell her cause it's not her business xD
May 17, 2010 10:46 PM

May 2010
My dad doesn't really care what I do as long as I do well in school (u__u) I'm not even sure if he's homophobic or not. My little sisters are shonen-ai fans themselves even though I never told them about it. I don't think they know about the hardcore stuff though (thank goodness)

Me and my friend are huge yaoi fans (we even play yaoi games). Our other friends don't mind (even my boyfriend is okay with it) A couple of my guy friends have watched yaoi with me.

iSignature
Tumblr[/center]
Jun 17, 2010 5:39 PM
Jun 2010
Well, my MOM knows that I watch stuff where 2 guys like each other, but she has no idea that I watch the hardcore stuff sometimes.^^ and I've told my mom what yaoi was, and she just shrugged it off without knowing what it was XD. So every time I mention yaoi she has no idea what I'm talking about. But if my DAD found out he would go tell my stepmom EVERYTHING (parents are divorced) and she would probably do...IDK...KILL ME!? XD So my mom SORT OF knows...( ; soooo ya.
stargirl12Jun 17, 2010 5:54 PM
Jun 20, 2010 12:35 PM

Jun 2010
well my mom is a pretty clueless kind of person (not in a bad way or anything lol)..but i went to Barnes and Noble the other day and told her i was picking up a Vampire Knight manga and she had to ask me at least 3 or 4 times what in the world "that book thing" was and what anime was...haha so she has no idea which maybe is a good thing ^_^
Jun 25, 2010 9:29 AM

Nov 2009
they no i like anime but when it comes to terms like yaoi they dont no wgat the hell that is hehe idk what they would do if they new they dont pay attention to what i watch/read :)
Jun 25, 2010 2:31 PM

Aug 2009
Haha, yes. I tried to get my mum into it. I handed her a volume of yaoi manga and forced her to read it. Turns out it isn't her thing >__<
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Aug 5, 2010 1:47 PM

Aug 2010
the only one that knows is my twin brother (and he thinks i'm a perv)
my parents don't know and i hope they never find out, they even dislike anime and things like that
Aug 16, 2010 8:54 AM
Jul 2010
Mine don't! they've heard the word mentioned, but since i always overload them in japanese and anime talk, they just don't ask anymore :D if i told them, i would never be allowed on the computer again cause my parents are so strict!
Aug 16, 2010 2:58 PM

Mar 2010
My mom saw me reading a yaoi manga once and i told her what yaoi is, but that's about it. dad doesn't know >.>

Aug 18, 2010 7:47 AM

Feb 2010
not really...cause my dad would flip if he sees me watching something like yaoi...so i always hav to flip to another window or tap when my dad comes around...
Sep 13, 2010 1:33 PM

Jan 2010
My mom knows what yaoi is (although she doesn't know it's called "yaoi"), and she knows I own 3 mangas with yaoi in it. I doubt she know how hardcore what I have is, unless she's sneaked into my room and read them.. That would be awkward. As far as I know she doesn't know about me watching it though.
Sep 26, 2010 12:48 PM

Jun 2010
My dad is stupid anytime im watching anime or reading yaoi hes always screaming " ARE YOU WATCHING YU-Gi-OH! AGAIN!!!" Thats the aonly anime thing he knows about -.- so no he probablys never even heard the word
Sep 29, 2010 3:03 PM
May 2010
hmm... i dont think so but i am not really into anime yaoi more like yaoi in games like JinxRagnablazblue) or SoraxRiku(KH)
Nov 12, 2010 12:49 PM

Nov 2010
I'd be DEAD if my parents knew!!!
My mother is a very closed minded/religious person. If she knew she'd be god this, god that, BLAH BLAH BLAH (after her ranting there'd probably be a VERY serious talk). I'd be banned from using the computer, my every action from then on would be closely monitored....it wouldn't be pretty is all i'm saying.
It's better that she doesn't know.
Nov 29, 2010 8:53 PM

Feb 2010
aha, no they dont know..i have to live with hiding it everyday..i have no yaoi pics on my comp or anything and i have to delete my browsing history and everything..my step dad is a computer nerd..like he knows the computer like its the back of his hand :/ im always like AHHH PLEASE DONT FIND OUT O.O :( ..my mom is pretty chill about everything and i talk to her about EVERYTHING but ii dont think i can tell her about this xD lol, so yeah it really sucks..and im already 18 :(
Dec 5, 2010 5:01 PM

May 2010
Oh my god no! My parents are so Christian and antihomosexuals...they would start "praying over me" and scold me forever.
Dec 8, 2010 9:54 AM

Apr 2010
Nope, no 'rents know. Don't expect them to xD I don't tell them anything about me.
But anyone else like friends ('outside' or online) know. i'm proud to say that I do
d={^.^}=b
[Catchy, cool, insightful quote]
Dec 24, 2010 2:00 PM

Jul 2010
NOOOOO WAAAY.

Here's the story behing why:
When I was about 8, I borrowed a yaoi manga from the local library, not knowing it was yaoi because I had just gotten into manga/anime and wanted to read some mangas. And then I read it, but I didn't really notice the most important feature-two guys were kissing (yeah I know, kinda stupid but I was eight). Then my mum picked up the yaoi I borrowed, and nearly ripped the book. I didn't know what was wrong with it, until 2 years late I discovered what yaoi really was. But that first yaoi I read did put alot of impact in my life-it's nearly been 4 years since I read it and I can still remember most of the story line.

Sorry if I just gave you my life-story, just wanted to point that out ^^;

"Life or death...it means nothing to me..."

Dec 24, 2010 2:02 PM

Jul 2010
Mizilla said:
Oh my god no! My parents are so Christian and antihomosexuals...they would start "praying over me" and scold me forever.

Haha, know what you mean. One of my best friends is too, and we had a massive arguement recently about the fact that some cam be gay and christian.

"Life or death...it means nothing to me..."

Jan 12, 2011 9:46 AM
Jan 2011
My mom know's I read it just not the hardcore. My dad dosen't care if I read it as long as it dosen't bother him and I'm happy.
Jan 13, 2011 8:55 AM

Aug 2010
My parents do know i watch/read yaoi, but i don't think they know it can be very hardcore XD. They only know that it meens boyXboy. And my mother if i say something about manga/anime she just start seeing 'I don't understand anything of that and don't try to explain it' she's really not interested. And my dad is like do what you want but just don't say anything about it to me it's like a little child starting to say 'nanana i don't hear anything' white his hand on his ears XD. My sis also know and maybe i can drag her also into yaoi (she's my twinsister).
Almost al my friends know i am into yaoi, But that's logic i always like 'yaoi this yaoi that' and in between that some 'manga/anime this and manga/anime that' they are just to it already but i am trying to get at leest some of my friends also addicted to yaoi XD.
Only once til now i experienced something really embarrassing XD
i was blabering about yaoi whit a friend and i had not noticed that the guy i have a crush on at the moment was sitting right behind me that was really embarrassing. I hoop he can live whit the fact that i'm a yaoi addict XD

http://singitforjapan.com/index
i cried when i was watching it T-T
Nov 6, 2011 3:59 PM
Jul 2011
My mom actually just found out... like today. She thinks it's wrong and bleh but she said she's ok with buying it for me just not reading/watching herself, (yes I actually tried asking if she wanted to watch it but she completely shot down the idea) I'm 110% sure that she doesn't know that I like even hardcore yaoi, but that's for me to know and her to NEVER find out! I have a whole group of friends who love yaoi though^^=D As for my dad, he doesn't even know what yaoi is... I'd like to keep it that way for the time being...
That awkward moment when you're watching yaoi then all of a sudden someone walks in...
Nov 6, 2011 4:01 PM
Jul 2011
I hope they don't walk in when I'm in the middle of watching my Junjou Romantica dvds when they come in... lol
That awkward moment when you're watching yaoi then all of a sudden someone walks in...
Nov 6, 2011 4:06 PM
Jul 2011
Hollyghost said:
My parents do know i watch/read yaoi, but i don't think they know it can be very hardcore XD. They only know that it meens boyXboy. And my mother if i say something about manga/anime she just start seeing 'I don't understand anything of that and don't try to explain it' she's really not interested. And my dad is like do what you want but just don't say anything about it to me it's like a little child starting to say 'nanana i don't hear anything' white his hand on his ears XD. My sis also know and maybe i can drag her also into yaoi (she's my twinsister).
Almost al my friends know i am into yaoi, But that's logic i always like 'yaoi this yaoi that' and in between that some 'manga/anime this and manga/anime that' they are just to it already but i am trying to get at leest some of my friends also addicted to yaoi XD.
Only once til now i experienced something really embarrassing XD
i was blabering about yaoi whit a friend and i had not noticed that the guy i have a crush on at the moment was sitting right behind me that was really embarrassing. I hoop he can live whit the fact that i'm a yaoi addict XD

I got my sister into yaoi, lol and yea when I'm at lunch with my friends a lot of the time we're like the loudest so when it's quiet all of a sudden you would hear something about yaoi XD
-When I'm reading/watching yaoi I try to close everything when I leave or at least go to a different page but once my brother walked in on me and he called me a perv &gt;.&lt; That was so embarrissing
Nov 13, 2011 6:29 AM

Sep 2010
Yes and no; keep in mind I don't live at home anymore...I have mentioned it to my mom and she's just kind of like "o..k..."...I haven't told my dad about it at all.
Nov 14, 2011 4:56 PM
Oct 2011
My parents are homophobes, no way I could tell them! My mom is okay with everything, exept for homosexuality. I like living under a roof, so...
Actualy, one day my mom called me while I was watching Sekaiichi Hatsukoi and I forgot to hide it. When I came back, my dad asked why there were two men kissing on my screen. I said "No, dad, this is a woman *points at Onodera*", my dad replyed "Oh, honey, you're so inocent! Sorry to tell you this, but this one is a man..." *le me making an 'in shock' face* ; P
Jan 8, 2012 2:09 PM

Dec 2011
"My parents are homophobes, no way I could tell them! My mom is okay with everything, exept for homosexuality."

Kinda the same situation, though I wouldn't mind telling my parents, as I like to annoy my anty-gay-relationships dad (Yep, two women are OK -.-) so for example I sometimes put pictures of transsexual gays as wallpapers on his computer screen or argue with him about homosexuality for hours and hours if there's a need :P And last time I was in their room mom asked my what I'm doin'
Me: Watching something as usually.
Mom: What r u watching?
Dad: - I bet that it's some naughty stuff.
Me: You're kinda right. You can call two anime guys having a little moment together like that.
"(...)who the hell is going to save me? he thought.
as the knife stopped spinning
the answer came:
you're going to have to
save yourself (...)"
- Charles Bukowski "Question and answer"

Forgive me my English, I'm trying my best.
Jan 8, 2012 5:52 PM

Feb 2008
I'm a little old for my parents to say anything about it! :)
Jan 12, 2012 7:16 PM
Aug 2011
Yeah, my entire room has gay anime ALL over it, no joke. I get some weird looks, and my Father says I'm strange. They know I watch it and they see it all over my phone, via background. They would kill me if they new about how hardcore some of it is though.. >_<
Jan 19, 2012 11:15 AM

Aug 2011
My friend of 12 years knows and thinks it's weird but funny, she doesn't really care. My other friend is a Yaoi addict like me (Username: BeautifulDeath), we even tell each other good manga's to read. One night we sat across from each other on the couch reading it. c(: But my parents... I think my mom would just give me the same slightly irritated, slightly disapproving look she gives me when she sees me watching normal anime. Now my dad... is kinda homophobic so that might not go over so well. And my brother is either blind or just doesn't care cause he walks into my room while I'm watching it.
<<< don't cha just love my icon tehe

UPDATE

BeautifulDeath and I just enlisted our friend (Ilovegiraffes) to the dark side. MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! c(:
NGraceWFeb 13, 2012 5:07 PM
Feb 8, 2012 4:09 PM
Feb 2012
My parents have NO IDEA that their little girl(13 years old) is addicted to yaoi
;)
Feb 13, 2012 2:10 PM
Feb 2012
Nope!
Feb 16, 2012 11:26 AM

Feb 2012
Lol, no. Not sure how it could come up in a conversation.
Mar 23, 2012 6:08 PM
May 2011
NO. c:
no one in my family knows .but they wouldn't know if I told them "i'm reading yaoi and I love it."
well,if they know what yaoi was so....uhm,I wonder what they would say.
My friend knows,but she doesn't know I'm reading hardcore yaoi (just sometimes..),or that I have seen yaoi anime(haha,they are not in my anime list,what if someone found out it x3?). and I'm pretty young so..
Mar 28, 2012 6:26 PM

Mar 2011
Nope, parents don't know.
They're both homophobes (my father especially)
and my mother is extremely religious (in an anti-homosexual kind of way)

I'd definitely get the talk and be banned from the computer 'till time indefinite. Argh! Its kind of frustrating that I have to hide it because I personally don't see anything wrong with it. It's a good thing I have my own computer.
'Sad truth,' Kruppe said, his audience of none sighing in agreement, 'that a tendency towards verbal excess can so defeat the precision of meaning. That intent can be so well disguised in majestic plethora of nuance, of rhythm both serious and mocking, of this penchant for self-referential slyness, that the unwitting simply skip on past, imagining their time to be so precious, imagining themselves above all manner of conviction, save that of their own witty perfection. Sigh and sigh again.'
-Kruppe (Malazan Book of the Fallen)
Apr 16, 2012 4:56 PM

Jun 2009
They know. They are homophobes though so they think it's disgusting.. but whatever. But it doesn't matter if they have a problem with it since I'm old enough.. although I did do it secretly when I was 13-14 till I was 18, then I didn't care if they knew.
Apr 18, 2012 5:51 PM

Sep 2009
kyu-ty said:
They know. They are homophobes though so they think it's disgusting.. but whatever. But it doesn't matter if they have a problem with it since I'm old enough.. although I did do it secretly when I was 13-14 till I was 18, then I didn't care if they knew.

My familly knows and they think the same, but I don't mind either. I love yaoi and not afraid to admidt it. Yeah, many had told me I'm sick or that what I like is wrong. But I don't mind, I love Yaoi since little and now that I'm 20 I still do more than ever. X3

My mom says that as long as I see yaoi in a place they don't get to see it it's okay, even thought she belives that it's wrong and sick. But she respects my opinion and I also know to respect others so I only watch or read them in my laptop. I also have to buy everything yaoi related with the money I earn since the begining. The only problem I had was with my father when I was 14, he called me lesbian because I like yaoi. I never mind hearing other people call me like lesbian even if it isn't true, but it did hurt hearing it from him. Since his my father and knows that I'm not.
Apr 21, 2012 6:12 PM

Jun 2009
danacrazy4anime said:
kyu-ty said:

My familly knows and they think the same, but I don't mind either. I love yaoi and not afraid to admidt it. Yeah, many had told me I'm sick or that what I like is wrong. But I don't mind, I love Yaoi since little and now that I'm 20 I still do more than ever. X3

My mom says that as long as I see yaoi in a place they don't get to see it it's okay, even thought she belives that it's wrong and sick. But she respects my opinion and I also know to respect others so I only watch or read them in my laptop. I also have to buy everything yaoi related with the money I earn since the begining. The only problem I had was with my father when I was 14, he called me lesbian because I like yaoi. I never mind hearing other people call me like lesbian even if it isn't true, but it did hurt hearing it from him. Since his my father and knows that I'm not.

Yes I admit it to anyone who asks, I don't really hide it to people outside of my family either.. I love it more now than when I was younger as well. There is just something that pulls me to it and even if I tried not reading/watching it anymore, I'd end up watching/reading it.

I read or watch it right in the living room where others are *I still live with the parents* so when my mother asks what I'm watching when I am watching something, I show her and she goes ick.. *My mom at times is a child* so I just tell her she is the one who wanted to know, so it's her fault. My father and brothers are worse than my mother. I have been called a lesbian by my brothers, it hurt, but I just went with it.. Yeah it hurts being called something like that worse from a family member who knows you than someone who doesn't.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» WHAT IS THE REASON WHY YOU LIKE YAOI / SHOUNEN AI?

Blivionis - Dec 25, 2008

22 by OvileeDay »»
May 9, 2023 7:56 PM

Poll: » How many of you .... ?

XxThageXx - Apr 12, 2009

40 by Yunan24 »»
Aug 20, 2021 3:06 AM

» worst or most embarasing experiences with people who dont know what yaoi is

R0bbieisGone - May 16, 2020

1 by removed-user »»
Apr 21, 2021 2:30 AM

» Need help finding a certain yaoi anime?

Noidem - Jul 22, 2008

12 by Ssakurai »»
Mar 30, 2021 4:07 AM

» Name your favorite pairings

Noidem - Aug 8, 2008

45 by Cheeky_Peanut132 »»
Apr 27, 2020 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.