Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 16, 2011 2:00 AM

Nov 2007
I was just wondering which fansub groups you guys prefer since there are so many groups out now doing the same show and I'm at a total loss deciding which to go for.

TL isn't that important to me coz, not knowing Japanese, I wouldn't really understand the difference. I've been reading that Mazui has good TLs though. GG was good back then until they started trolling with lines such as "Cool story, bro" that put me off haha.

For BD rips, Coalgirls feels more like Bloatgirls on the file sizes of their encodes XD
I've been lurking around and I've found some good re-releasers (or simply other fansub groups) such as Elysium, Touhouian, Seto_Otaku, Kira-Fansubs, Doki, Hiryuu to name some. THORA has always made me happy :) Though I download Coalgirls' stuff if there isn't any other alternative out there.

My personal favorite is Elysium which prioritizes making file sizes as small as possible while maintaining good quality. They dropped FLAC and resorted to AAC which might be a turn off to some but I can't hear the difference much anyways. They'll also be following the trend of Hi10p from now on.

So, which fansub group do you prefer? (TV rips or BD rips)
Also, know of any other group that releases small BD rips? :O

Feedback would be appreciated, thanks/salamat/domo! :D

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 16, 2011 2:54 AM

Aug 2011
Yupp..Coalgirls has a lot of BDrips release though no patch and most are above 8GBs for 12 eps..

Personally, i prefer Hiryuu and Kira for BD rips though they are a bummer on releasing on time most are delayed...

For ongoing animes, i'm loving Doki, Horriblesubs, Chihiro and Whynot Fansubs...why? coz they got all!!
Time to show this Free World Leaders, i'm Three in a 3rd..I'm no longer scared now, i'm free as a bird

Oct 16, 2011 4:42 AM
May 2009
Kung maliliit na BD Rips I suggest na Kira kuhanin mo. Nasa 450mb - 600mb per episode.

CoalGirls is awesome when it comes to quality. SULIT.

TV releases? Doki, Eclipse,GG,Static-Subs,UTW, SubDesu, QQ

madami yan naka limutan ko lang lol. Ewan ko kung buhay pa ung mga yan

about Horriblesubs. Hindi sila FAN SUB Group. CrunchyRoll ripper lang sila at ung sub titles nila is galing mismo sa VIZ.
Oct 17, 2011 12:54 AM

Nov 2007
Thanks for your input guys :D

@elsora
the wait for their rips takes so looong. *needs patience lol*
That's pretty much the same guys I go after along with UTW, Commie and more
I love Beelzebub btw lol.

@xynz01
I miss the old groups like Shinsen, Dattebayo and others. Maybe they're still alive but i dunno XD
Oct 17, 2011 1:06 AM

Aug 2011
hahaha...Dattebayo was then awesome for Naruto and others, until they began to troll...whheew dame p nmn sana release nila!!

Doki and UTW are on top right now...not to mention GG, Eclipse and Subdesu..
Time to show this Free World Leaders, i'm Three in a 3rd..I'm no longer scared now, i'm free as a bird

Oct 17, 2011 11:58 AM

Jul 2010
yup, I totally agree. Doki and UTW for the most recent speedsubbed anime. For everything else I just let the guys at BakaBT pick the best ones. Might take a while though sometimes for them to decide but you can never go wrong there. :) Although, BBT entries are only those unlicensed anime.
Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is difficult for man to live completely without hope. In other words, man has no choice but to live with despair as his companion.
Oct 19, 2011 6:48 AM
May 2009
forgot to mention Ayako and Mazui.

Ang ayoko ko lang sa Mazui is ung 480p nila eh malabo para sakin pero pinaka da best na TL ang Mazui (as of May 11 for me) tagal ko na kasi hindi nakaka nood ng anime pili na lang ang kinukuha ko na anime hehe..
Oct 31, 2011 2:00 AM
Jan 2011
Mga favourite ko. Hehe.

TV releases: Mazui, gg, UTW, Static-Subs, Eclipse, CoalGuys, SubDESU, Commie [minsan may sarili silang TL]

BD releases: THORA, CoalGirls, UTW [they do some BD-rips as well]
Oct 31, 2011 3:54 AM

Jan 2009
Commie fansubs for me due to simple fonts so less font attachments that means less filesize, no karaoke effect because that is so stupid this days, and also their encoding settings are very reasonable and not overkill unlike GG fansubs, and they also do not include the commerical brakes although my second pick is still GG fansubs because i learned a lot from them about encoding and fansubbing
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Mature romance anime

extrarice7186 - Dec 16, 2020

4 by concerned2 »»
Oct 6, 2022 8:24 PM

» Your Favourite Female Characters? ( 1 2 )

Komika - Jun 3, 2008

73 by Nainu_ »»
Aug 16, 2022 3:55 AM

» Otakuzine and other magazines

YumikoMegurine - Jan 24, 2012

28 by Phoenics33 »»
Mar 15, 2021 9:14 PM

» FALC Couples

dante_90 - Dec 24, 2012

6 by removed-user »»
Jan 5, 2021 5:16 PM

» Sa mga namasko

tsurainu - Dec 25, 2011

2 by removed-user »»
Nov 28, 2020 7:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.