Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 19, 2010 12:29 PM
Apr 2009
It's that time of the week! How are you enjoying so far?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 22, 2010 9:37 AM

Jan 2010
Sorry for the slow reply. I can't really pretend I didn't watch all of it this time because I couldn't even take the break to write notes at appropriate intervals. (I was watching it with another person.) I've been meaning to pull the DVDs back out and see where Episode 13 was but other projects have been rather... distracting.

However, this thread is depressingly barren so I'll at least take a stab at what I recall...

* Hate sister / "love interest" now for blatantly sexist domestic violence, which I'm less able to "suspend disbelief" for because this anime has portrayed itself as trying to be more "slice of real life."

* Somehow, despite the delinquent stuff not going away as fast as I would have hoped, it's remained somewhat balanced and still watchable?

I'm sure I was still enjoying it.
Jun 23, 2010 7:27 PM

Sep 2009
I'm enjoying it, but I can't really say I look forward to watching it. I was hoping for a little more light-hearted comedy and a little less "music is serious business" drama.

There seems to be a strange intersection between delinquents and rock that I don't really get, maybe because of cultural differences. I'm glad that the delinquent subplot has finally been resolved. I knew it was going to end with Hyodou getting his ass kicked right when the blackmail started.

I really like some of the music, like the song Koyuki played in the gym. Whenever there's Engrish lyrics I tend to switch over to the dub, which is significantly better. Otherwise, I don't really care for the dub's voice acting so I stick with subs.

A lot of drama regarding guitars getting destroyed... Even if you dislike a guy's music, setting his guitar on fire onstage is just not very punk rock.

So I'm not really enjoying the show as much as I thought I would given its huge popularity and excellent rating on MAL (also its parallels to K-ON, which I really enjoy) but it's still very watchable, like Nadian said.
Jun 25, 2010 2:10 AM
Apr 2009
I'm going to agree with dwhee on the looking forward to watching it part. Beck is interesting, but it is not interesting enough to make me crave more.

I am also watching the dub and i feel that the voice acting seems a little forced. The dubbers did do a good job of pairing the characters with voices which seem to fit.

The music is okay, but after watching a musical anime (Nodame Cantabile) it seems as though the creators wanted the music aspect to be more of sub-subplot rather than a secondary storyline.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » July Discussion: Durarara First Episode Opinions

Salexin - Jul 2, 2010

2 by dwhee »»
Jul 7, 2010 7:25 PM

Poll: » July Nominatrix

Salexin - Jun 25, 2010

6 by Salexin »»
Jul 2, 2010 10:27 PM

» Beck: Final thoughts

Salexin - Jul 2, 2010

0 by Salexin »»
Jul 2, 2010 10:20 PM

Sticky: » Beck episodes 1-6 discussion

Salexin - Jun 11, 2010

4 by Nadian »»
Jun 13, 2010 12:07 AM

Poll: » June AotM Poll

Salexin - Jun 2, 2010

3 by Salexin »»
Jun 5, 2010 10:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.