Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 29, 2008 8:16 PM

Jan 2008
Does anyone know why the manga is on hiatus?

I'm wondering, because I just re-picked up on reading this manga since I just finished watching the anime. xD
May 30, 2008 2:25 AM

Nov 2007
The Peacemaker Kurogane series is on hiatus because now Tokyopop has the license to the manga. The series that ADV was releasing is actually the second part of the manga, and it's not the first time that the company has done this with their manga releases, but I imagine that it is possible that the confusion created by this release pattern affected the manga's sales. A good chunk of the anime was based on the first part of the manga, Shinsengumi Imon Peacemaker, and ADV had already licensed and released most of the anime on DVD by the time they started publishing the manga in English. Peacemaker Kurogane is really only understandable without Shinsengumi Imon Peacemaker if you have already watched the entire anime because Peacemaker Kurogane continues literally right where the anime left off.

So, in a nutshell, Tokyopop owns the rights to publish the manga in English now and they're releasing it under the name Peacemaker starting with Shinsengumi Imon Peacemaker. The Peacemaker Kurogane translations won't continue until they finish the first season, but there are five volumes total and Tokyopop seems to be releasing them very quickly - Volume 3 is already out. :D
Jun 4, 2010 1:42 AM

Nov 2009
Sorry for bumping an OLD topic but "Why is it on hiatus in japan?"
Anyone know the reason why Nanae Chrono hasn't released a 6th volume yet?
Jun 8, 2010 11:47 AM

Jul 2008
The series isn't on hiatus in Japan - it ended at volume five.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jun 27, 2010 8:09 PM

Nov 2009
Touka said:
The series isn't on hiatus in Japan - it ended at volume five.

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken D:
Here are several sources online that claim that the manga Peacemaker Kurogane (aka the sequel) is not complete at 5 volumes, and that it is in fact still an ongoing series.

Source:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1952
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_Maker_%28manga%29
Jun 28, 2010 10:53 AM

Jul 2008
Wikipedia and baka-updates are hardly reliable sources. I am aware that it was on hiatus and that it still in fact could be, but the latest volume of PMK was released in Japan in 2005. Thats five years ago now. I seriously doubt the series will come back from a hiatus now. The author has surely lost interest and if she hasn't I am sure most of the fans have. It might be hard securing another publication deal as well. I don't think anyone has the full story, but I speculate the series was first put on hiatus but was then eventually dropped altogether. So really it has ended.
Jul 5, 2010 1:33 AM

Nov 2009
Touka said:
So really it has ended.
Its totally alright to have ones own opinion but doing some research first is always good :D

http://community.livejournal.com/pm_kurogane/396423.html
Jul 5, 2010 12:22 PM

Jul 2008
Oh I did enough research last year to come to my conclusion, believe you me. I would rather not go through the entire process again. Besides, sorry to say but until I see some actual manga I am not going to believe anything. Call me stubborn but after five years I have kind of given up hope. Anyway, if the series is to continue the rules of this website dictate that it will require a new entry in the database because more than 12 weeks have passed since it last saw the light of day. Also, distribution through mobile? I did say publication would be hard to find, haha.
ToukaJul 5, 2010 12:31 PM
Aug 16, 2010 1:16 PM

Dec 2008
Zayn said:

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken D:
Here are several sources online that claim that the manga Peacemaker Kurogane (aka the sequel) is not complete at 5 volumes, and that it is in fact still an ongoing series.

I'm pretty sure Zayn's right.

http://community.livejournal.com/chrono_nanae/8046.html

It says that PMK volume 6 is already scheduled to come out. :) Which is awesome news.
Also, sorry for bumming a kinda old forum again. xD;
Sep 10, 2011 8:15 PM

May 2010
To update volume 6:
Yes, it went on sale in Japan. Apparently it took rank #11 in the top manga sales during Nov. 2010. But no hope of Tokyopop publishing it now -___-
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-11-17/japanese-comic-ranking-november-8-14
According to the people who have read it, it's a tear-jerker. (And it seems to be the final volume? Am I right?)
IceAndCreamSep 10, 2011 8:29 PM
Sep 11, 2011 11:10 AM

Sep 2010
IceAndCream said:
To update volume 6:
Yes, it went on sale in Japan. Apparently it took rank #11 in the top manga sales during Nov. 2010. But no hope of Tokyopop publishing it now -___-
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-11-17/japanese-comic-ranking-november-8-14
According to the people who have read it, it's a tear-jerker. (And it seems to be the final volume? Am I right?)

No its not cause Chrono didn't get to the really depressing stuff yet I'm not going to spoil anything, but if you read or watched anything relating to the Shinsengumi. Or read up on their actual history you'll already know the gist of whats going to happen next. Its only going to get way more depressing than what has already happened in the last volume. T_T
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 5, 2012 6:46 PM

Mar 2011
In the end of whichever volume she ended at the author basically said "sorry guys, IDK where to go from here."
"I can't be like this, always crying like that. I've got to become even stronger and more resilient. I've still a long way to go before I attain a weed's spirit. I'll definitely catch up, so just wait for me. " - Shiemi's Resolve
Oct 17, 2013 8:41 AM

Nov 2007
Peace Maker Kurogane will be resumed
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 8, 2017 9:41 AM
Dec 2015
So is the manga really continuing now in Japan? I heard it's ended at Volume 10 but since it was resumed, it hasn't ended yet? XD It's so hard even finding raws for this. And I hope the news for the anime can be updated already :( It's being produced by WhteFox but MAL hasn't entered or made a news about it yet.
May 27, 2019 6:36 AM

Aug 2011
16th volume is available currently. It can be found in English, not sure whether I am allowed to post the link to scanlations on this site.
Feb 10, 2020 11:00 PM

Sep 2010
Ashteron said:
16th volume is available currently. It can be found in English, not sure whether I am allowed to post the link to scanlations on this site.

Unfortunately its not allowed, but with a quick google search or looking through tumblr you will be able to find later chapters the earlier ones before volumes 6 or 7 are a bit hard to find since the manga is OOP here in America unless Tokyo Pop got the license back.

Mag Garden only has the most current chapter available legally, but in Japanese only.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 19, 2020 3:50 PM

Nov 2013
Wondering if this series will ever get licensed in North America again. :/

There are so many Tokyopop titles that were dropped and/or incomplete once they went defunct, and no other publishers have picked them up since. It's hidden gems like these that have fallen through the cracks. It's even worse for some series that don't even have English scanlations.

Nov 27, 2023 6:07 PM
Feb 2021
Did it end ? It's been years i am waiting it to end so i can marathon it

More topics from this board

» Help on manga edition?

JustMyself - Mar 3, 2011

1 by IceAndCream »»
Sep 10, 2011 8:04 PM

» Is this licensed?

Code_Monkey - Jan 11, 2008

1 by Faust721 »»
Jan 11, 2008 9:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.