Forum Settings
Forums

The old anime's scores should be adjusted.

New
Feb 19, 11:51 AM

Jun 2021
As the title says, I think old anime's scores should be adjusted to the most up-to-date scores. An anime that's older than 10 years should be adjusted to the more recent one's. Scores that have been given to those animes in the last 3 years should show up instead of the all-time scores to reflect more accurate ones. I believe there's many old anime that don't do justice to their scores. I won't say which anime they are for to refrain from relentless arguing. So what do you think about my suggestion? Do you think this new way of scoring would be more healthy and accurate, or do you think it's best to keep it the same old way?
Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Feb 19, 12:39 PM

Sep 2016
As if newer scores were more accurate than older ones.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 19, 1:18 PM

Jun 2021
@Zarutaku

You're right, but still, I think it would be better and more relevant if the scores were newer. Some scores and reviews are nearly decades old and don't hold much value by today's standards. Anime has evolved and is still evolving, whether it's about art, writing, or many other areas, and I think we can all agree that watchers now have different tastes and expectations when it comes to what to watch, judge, and score, and thus the recent scores would fare better regarding depicting today's anime viewer's collective standards, much better than some fossilized opinions and scores that unfortunately have long since lost their merits and relevance.
Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Feb 19, 1:51 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to Bard_Eren
@Zarutaku

You're right, but still, I think it would be better and more relevant if the scores were newer. Some scores and reviews are nearly decades old and don't hold much value by today's standards. Anime has evolved and is still evolving, whether it's about art, writing, or many other areas, and I think we can all agree that watchers now have different tastes and expectations when it comes to what to watch, judge, and score, and thus the recent scores would fare better regarding depicting today's anime viewer's collective standards, much better than some fossilized opinions and scores that unfortunately have long since lost their merits and relevance.
@Bard_Eren I think media from the past shouldn't be judged by standards that didn't exist back then, only exception I would allow are moral standards.
Of course this is an idealized point of view because we all like to compare anything and everything regardless of age, but it doesn't seem fair in this case.
Feb 21, 7:44 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to Zarutaku
@Bard_Eren I think media from the past shouldn't be judged by standards that didn't exist back then, only exception I would allow are moral standards.
Of course this is an idealized point of view because we all like to compare anything and everything regardless of age, but it doesn't seem fair in this case.
@Zarutaku Moral standards are the most important ones not to use when judging old material! Otherwise the world's museums would be empty and basically any art more than 30 years old would be burnt.
Feb 21, 8:07 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to therealnagora
@Zarutaku Moral standards are the most important ones not to use when judging old material! Otherwise the world's museums would be empty and basically any art more than 30 years old would be burnt.
@therealnagora What does judging have to do with displaying it? That are 2 different topics, I never said that morally repulsive art should be banned from showing, but it should be allowed to rate it by modern standards in this regard.
Feb 23, 10:00 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to Zarutaku
@therealnagora What does judging have to do with displaying it? That are 2 different topics, I never said that morally repulsive art should be banned from showing, but it should be allowed to rate it by modern standards in this regard.
@Zarutaku I think that's optimistic.

More topics from this board

» An "Anime Franchise" page

_cjessop19_ - 7 hours ago

0 by _cjessop19_ »»
7 hours ago

» Combining every season of an Anime?

Dennisss - Apr 1, 2021

17 by _cjessop19_ »»
7 hours ago

» Add the option to change profile favorites pictures

k1rb - Oct 21, 2022

19 by k1rb »»
Yesterday, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.