Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Returner's Magic Should be Special
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 23, 2023 8:33 AM
Mar 2011
Of all series to get a sequel, this one I didn't expect to get one, esp since all other (afaik) korean webtoons don't get the chance to even get a 2nd season. Hell even the other successful ones like Tower of God and God of Highschool didn't get 2nd season!

EDIT: whoops missed the announcement of tower of God s2. my bad!
Lay_XeDec 23, 2023 10:49 AM
Dec 23, 2023 8:51 AM
Jun 2022
Suppose they have the money to do it so they did.. 😂 Could be worse, decent watch I felt like
Dec 23, 2023 8:58 AM
Aug 2023
Lay_Xe said:
Of all series to get a sequel, this one I didn't expect to get one, esp since all other (afaik) korean webtoons don't get the chance to even get a 2nd season. Hell even the other successful ones like Tower of God and God of Highschool didn't get 2nd season!

tower of God is getting a second season bro what are you talking about
Dec 23, 2023 9:06 AM
Dec 2022
Lay_Xe said:

Tower of God is getting a 2nd season boy.
Dec 23, 2023 9:51 AM
Nov 2018
I'm not surprised. I'm very happy it is getting a second season.
Dec 23, 2023 9:56 AM

Jan 2021
Tower of God is getting a second season fyi
Roxy

Dec 23, 2023 11:18 AM
Jul 2023
Lay_Xe said:

EDIT: whoops missed the announcement of tower of God s2. my bad!

I don't think it was that bad. It was a decent anime and season 2 will be interesting.
Dec 23, 2023 11:20 AM
Mar 2011
@KyoyaTempest @Pablo_Neruda1 @suiii69 Thanks for pointing out ToG is getting S2, I somehow missed that!

But it still feels weird for a subpar animation to get an S2.

@otaku_guru , the story is good for sure, I'm reading the webtoon and it gets quite epic literally and figuratively.
Dec 23, 2023 11:27 AM
Dec 2022
Lay_Xe said:
@KyoyaTempest @Pablo_Neruda1 @suiii69 Thanks for pointing out ToG is getting S2, I somehow missed that!

But it still feels weird for a subpar animation to get an S2.

@otaku_guru , the story is good for sure, I'm reading the webtoon and it gets quite epic literally and figuratively.

nah, its all good. honestly, never in my wildest dreams did I expect this to get a 2nd season. webtoon adaptations barely.
Dec 23, 2023 12:40 PM

Feb 2020
I don't think there's any chance for it but a big harem would really be a cherry on top for this anime, I'd increase my rating lol
pretty decent series, looking forward to a s2

Dec 23, 2023 10:52 PM

Sep 2015
To be honest I'm just as surprised, but also this gives me a little hope. As a manwha reader I can say that this is one of those that gets better past the beginning (although the adaptation of the final chapters seems to be a little botched, but there's plenty of really good content until then). I thought the first season didn't get much attention so I'm guessing not many people will be watching the second one, and thus my surprise, but here's to hoping they do a good adaptation of the next arcs, because if they do then the payoff is gonna be worth it.
Dec 24, 2023 10:25 AM

Jan 2012
@Geeljire, the anime kinda sucks because it had a low budget, but the original material is like 9/10. Really good stuff. So, if you're into reading webtoons, that may be worth it. Cuz you can use your experience with the anime as a doorway to the webtoon. That said, the anime alone isn't that great... it was rushed rlly bad.
Dec 24, 2023 7:25 PM

Sep 2016
A welcome surprise.

Hyped for a certain character who didn't get a chance to appear because of S1 adapting so few chapters, appearing finally.
bruh
Dec 24, 2023 8:21 PM
Oct 2019
oh, this is korean? neat

i like season 1, so i'm glad it's getting a season 2

tower of god was decent. didn't know a second season was coming out. but i really liked god of high school, and want another season of that
Dec 25, 2023 3:07 AM
Sep 2017
I wasn't expecting this to get 2nd season, but it's very welcome surprise.
It's not an A class anime and story, but really chill to watch.

It's giving me a lot of "korean regresor manhwa" vibes, where MC knows how to fix stuff and get a better life.
Really appreciate this kind of anime instead of reincarnation which is BLOATED genre.
Dec 25, 2023 1:38 PM
Jan 2013
Reply to FullyCharged
A welcome surprise.

Hyped for a certain character who didn't get a chance to appear because of S1 adapting so few chapters, appearing finally.

NanaoPixels said:
the anime kinda sucks because it had a low budget, but the original material is like 9/10

Yeah, anime was a bit underwhelming, but it did a good enough job to get me to look up the original material within the first 2 episodes so now I too eagerly await the next chapter of what I think will be the final arc.

Yes please! He does Godly voice acting for villains!
Dec 25, 2023 7:38 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to CmdrShirogane
Suppose they have the money to do it so they did.. 😂 Could be worse, decent watch I felt like
@CmdrShirogane I think so. FYI, this one from same Korean publisher (D&C) with Solo Leveling and Raeliana. Consider 3 of their manhwa/webtoon get anime adaptation (also the web and print version of manhwa/webtoon officially translated into several languages), sure they have budget.
Dec 25, 2023 9:47 PM
Jun 2022
raeli_wynknight said:
@CmdrShirogane I think so. FYI, this one from same Korean publisher (D&C) with Solo Leveling and Raeliana. Consider 3 of their manhwa/webtoon get anime adaptation (also the web and print version of manhwa/webtoon officially translated into several languages), sure they have budget.

Interesting detail, appreciate it!
Dec 26, 2023 11:06 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to ichigoteguz

NanaoPixels said:
the anime kinda sucks because it had a low budget, but the original material is like 9/10

Yeah, anime was a bit underwhelming, but it did a good enough job to get me to look up the original material within the first 2 episodes so now I too eagerly await the next chapter of what I think will be the final arc.

Yes please! He does Godly voice acting for villains!
@ichigoteguz

Especially villains with anger management problems like him 😂
bruh
Dec 26, 2023 6:10 PM

Sep 2019
I can't believe how season was so lackluster in the looks department, i can't recall a single good scene xd, i don't want to be too harsh. The story is the same as the Manwha as i remember, so at least we get to see more of it adapted to animation, which I can't be mad about. If they don't do it, nobody else will, given the ip was sold to such a low budget production.

I just hope they desaturate the colors a bit and remove he hair gradiants in season 2, they look awful xd, it almost feel like they tried to put more detail in that they could handle.
Dec 27, 2023 11:54 AM
Oct 2021
It's great to get a S2 for this! Far better than seeing a show I enjoyed never get renewed.
Dec 28, 2023 6:54 AM

Feb 2011
Wow, i didnt even know this was a Korean show. Normally korean shows are all about becoming a god or something lmao

Good stuff though, any extra on screen time for Romantica is a blessing, those twin tails UNF

Jan 1, 5:55 PM

Mar 2017
Very pleasent surprise. While the animation wasn't the best, the soundtrack was really nice. Most of the reception I've seen was pretty negative, so I'm honestly shocked
Jan 8, 5:10 PM
Apr 2017
Reply to Aarlon
Very pleasent surprise. While the animation wasn't the best, the soundtrack was really nice. Most of the reception I've seen was pretty negative, so I'm honestly shocked
TLDR: Instead of 12 episodes of story. We get 10 episodes of story and fanservice/filler for the remaining 2.

@Aarlon I'm not surprised by the negative reception. They didn't make 12 episodes of the story. There was the one shopping episode dedicated to fan service in the middle of the story. Then there's all the anime-only stuff they added that didn't happen in the novel or webtoon that I'm estimating at 1 episode - such as the boss fight phase 2, green lizard armour or whatever, in episode 12 (and anything that added runtime without adding to the story - such as the extra contestants in the entrance test). I think they forgot the memo that Desir's speciality is anti-magic and not a punching bag. Oh, don't forget, for the 2nd phase of training instead of doing an episode, we get a 1.5minute training montage before the end credits in episode 12. I hope if they use the same studio, a different screenwriter works on the anime or use a different studio.
jascaicps1Jan 8, 6:38 PM
Apr 4, 11:51 PM
Jun 2022
They Nerfed The Damage That Was Supposed To Done To Desir In Exam . Dude Supposed To Look Like This

& Instead They Just Animate A Scratch On His Face . Became Annoying From Then. Hoping They Adapt Something Right In S2.
May 3, 6:39 PM
Nov 2020

I read the novel and I loved it a few years ago but I feel like s1 didn't do it justice.

I hope it gets a better animation in the second season.

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.