Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 18, 2023 12:58 PM
May 2022
Dec 18, 2023 1:09 PM

Jul 2020
iirc Sekai was the biggest bitch of them all and definitely didn't deserve any sympathy
thus I like the ending because the bitch got what she deserved
she pretty much fucked over everybody around her
it's been a while since I watched School Days though, my memory's kinda hazy
Dec 18, 2023 1:24 PM
Mar 2016
Let me make this clear, my explanation is the common opinion, not my own.

It is common people like the ending because many people hate Makoto for cheating and because of that, seeing him die makes people happy.

Another viewpoint,

In the anime community, people tend to say they hate the characters, everyone is evil, and believe Kotonoha is the only good character. It’s often people label her as a victim, and did nothing wrong. Therefore, she is in the right for “getting revenge” because she is “completely innocent”.
Dec 18, 2023 1:51 PM
Feb 2023
Because is cathartic to see mean characters getting screwed and because it's so ridiculuously extreme that is kinda funny.
Dec 18, 2023 2:25 PM
Jun 2022
bc she kills them and is an unexpected turn of events.
Dec 18, 2023 4:04 PM
Jul 2022
Sekai's conduct throughout the show is the direct and indirect effect of everything that occurs.

Sekai initially had a crush on Makoto for the duration of 1 school semester (since the opening ceremony) but took the opportunity to get closer to Makoto through match making Makoto and Kotonoha together in semester 2.
The act of uniting 2 people together is terrific, however her intentions are different unless she is able to suppress her liking feelings for Makoto and live with her crush dating another girl. Obviously she wasn't able to as depicted when she stole Makoto's first kiss then continues to seduce him through innocent acts of generosity such as giving advice on how to interact with girls or 'practice sessions'.

Makoto who desperately desires physical intimacy follows along with Sekai until he becomes infatuated with Sekai and neglects Kotonoha. Sekai really is the one to blame here as she should have backed away once Makoto and Kotonoha had become a couple and limit her interactions with Makoto. If she did do as she was supposed to and restrict her intervention, the worst that could have happened is Makoto breaking up with Kotonoha due to deprivation of sexual intimacy where it would be morally/ethically permissible to then date Makoto.
Due to the relationship of Makoto and Sekai starting from seduction, Makoto was primarily with Sekai due to the sexual incentive. Sekai did think that they could develop a relationship that wasn't honed on sexual intimacy, however Makoto having an over active libido and lack of guilty feelings for cheating, bangs Katou during the school festival. Not defending Makoto, but Sekai had instilled in Makoto's mind that it was totally fine to cheat as from Makoto's perspective, he was already cheating on Kotonoha with Sekai so why not also cheat on Sekai with Katou.

Therefore, due to the points made, I really do believe Sekai is the root and source of degeneracy that occurs. Her having a crush on Makoto is totally innocent but expecting a plan to get closer to Makoto through a match making him with another girl was a vital mistake.

So I now ask, how the hell do you feel sorry for Sekai as through her intervention, the negative events escalated and aggravated in to degeneracy?

Also to add on, (not to make this response even longer even though I realise it is really long) if you analyze and delve deep in to Kotonoha's backstory, she is an insanely socially deprived girl who gets absolutely 0 interaction from anyone. Even her parents barely interact with her due to their work load so once Sekai befriended her and introduced her to Makoto, it became crucial that she grasps on to this relationship as it was her first one making her ignore Makoto's flaws and fixating on being with him.

I appreciate you reading this response, school days is a dark psychological anime so really requires some analysis in to the reason that characters act in particular ways and why they act in those ways to fully comprehend their rationale.

kou_starzDec 18, 2023 4:35 PM
Dec 18, 2023 4:31 PM
Dec 2022
because is where the climax happening or something
Dec 18, 2023 5:54 PM

Feb 2010
best ending in anime history lol

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA), Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, Case: Raidmax ATX (Black), Storage: 931GB Western Digital Blue (SATA), PSU: 550 watt, Display: BenQ RL2455
Dec 18, 2023 11:07 PM
Jan 2023
Isn’t one of the reasons the score is so low because people DON’T like the ending?
Dec 19, 2023 12:35 AM
Nov 2021
uzay99 said:

I don’t like it tbh. But it’s the only redeeming quality of the show to me. Even then I still things it’s a bad ending
Dec 19, 2023 12:36 AM
Nov 2021
Lost_Hearts said:

It is common people like the ending because many people hate Makoto for cheating and because of that, seeing him die makes people happy.

Another viewpoint,

In the anime community, people tend to say they hate the characters, everyone is evil, and believe Kotonoha is the only good character. It’s often people label her as a victim, and did nothing wrong. Therefore, she is in the right for “getting revenge” because she is “completely innocent”.

I hate the ending because it looked like he was about to change up and be a better person for the girl he was cheating on… then got ended
Dec 19, 2023 4:12 AM
Apr 2023
It's unique🤷‍♀️
Dec 19, 2023 7:42 AM
May 2022
Reply to Inexplicable
iirc Sekai was the biggest bitch of them all and definitely didn't deserve any sympathy
thus I like the ending because the bitch got what she deserved
she pretty much fucked over everybody around her
it's been a while since I watched School Days though, my memory's kinda hazy
@Inexplicable i do agree that she wasn't fully innocent, far from it, but i do feel like kotonoha, setsuna, otome, and obviously makoto fucked over everyone as bad as or arguably worse than sekai.
Dec 19, 2023 7:45 AM
Jul 2018
The ending was poetic justice and the best thing in this show.
Dec 19, 2023 7:52 AM
May 2022
Reply to TokeiSenpai
Isn’t one of the reasons the score is so low because people DON’T like the ending?
@TokeiSenpai nah its mostly because of episodes 5-11 where people hated makoto and hated watching him act the way that he does
Dec 19, 2023 8:03 AM
May 2022
Reply to kou_starz
Sekai's conduct throughout the show is the direct and indirect effect of everything that occurs.

Sekai initially had a crush on Makoto for the duration of 1 school semester (since the opening ceremony) but took the opportunity to get closer to Makoto through match making Makoto and Kotonoha together in semester 2.
The act of uniting 2 people together is terrific, however her intentions are different unless she is able to suppress her liking feelings for Makoto and live with her crush dating another girl. Obviously she wasn't able to as depicted when she stole Makoto's first kiss then continues to seduce him through innocent acts of generosity such as giving advice on how to interact with girls or 'practice sessions'.

Makoto who desperately desires physical intimacy follows along with Sekai until he becomes infatuated with Sekai and neglects Kotonoha. Sekai really is the one to blame here as she should have backed away once Makoto and Kotonoha had become a couple and limit her interactions with Makoto. If she did do as she was supposed to and restrict her intervention, the worst that could have happened is Makoto breaking up with Kotonoha due to deprivation of sexual intimacy where it would be morally/ethically permissible to then date Makoto.
Due to the relationship of Makoto and Sekai starting from seduction, Makoto was primarily with Sekai due to the sexual incentive. Sekai did think that they could develop a relationship that wasn't honed on sexual intimacy, however Makoto having an over active libido and lack of guilty feelings for cheating, bangs Katou during the school festival. Not defending Makoto, but Sekai had instilled in Makoto's mind that it was totally fine to cheat as from Makoto's perspective, he was already cheating on Kotonoha with Sekai so why not also cheat on Sekai with Katou.

Therefore, due to the points made, I really do believe Sekai is the root and source of degeneracy that occurs. Her having a crush on Makoto is totally innocent but expecting a plan to get closer to Makoto through a match making him with another girl was a vital mistake.

So I now ask, how the hell do you feel sorry for Sekai as through her intervention, the negative events escalated and aggravated in to degeneracy?

Also to add on, (not to make this response even longer even though I realise it is really long) if you analyze and delve deep in to Kotonoha's backstory, she is an insanely socially deprived girl who gets absolutely 0 interaction from anyone. Even her parents barely interact with her due to their work load so once Sekai befriended her and introduced her to Makoto, it became crucial that she grasps on to this relationship as it was her first one making her ignore Makoto's flaws and fixating on being with him.

I appreciate you reading this response, school days is a dark psychological anime so really requires some analysis in to the reason that characters act in particular ways and why they act in those ways to fully comprehend their rationale.

@kou_starz thanks for the response. yeah the practice sessions really did not need to happen and i do agree that she should not have done that, but even then makoto was the one that turned it into cheating. sekai did not know any better and let her emotions control herself. even if she was the one that started it, she did not want to continue doing it after it got worse but makoto forced her to. i dont like kotonoha because instead of realizing this, she kills another victim and still seems to like makoto? i dont think her being socially deprived really is an excuse for this
Dec 19, 2023 8:04 AM
May 2022
Reply to mikanmisaki
It's unique🤷‍♀️
@mikanmisaki i guess you could say so but not in a good way at all lmfao
Dec 19, 2023 8:05 AM
May 2022
Reply to TheKingTaika
Lost_Hearts said:

Another viewpoint,

I hate the ending because it looked like he was about to change up and be a better person for the girl he was cheating on… then got ended
@TheKingTaika nah i doubt that was going to happen, he was definitely going to continue cheating until sekai or kotonoha did something about it
Dec 19, 2023 8:05 AM
May 2022
Reply to TheKingTaika
uzay99 said:

I don’t like it tbh. But it’s the only redeeming quality of the show to me. Even then I still things it’s a bad ending
@TheKingTaika valid
Dec 19, 2023 8:06 AM
May 2022
Reply to smoosan
best ending in anime history lol
@smoosan if it was the only anime ever made i'd agree..
Dec 19, 2023 8:07 AM
May 2022
Reply to FKSLesser
bc she kills them and is an unexpected turn of events.
@FKSLesser yeah but that doesnt make it good imo
Dec 19, 2023 8:08 AM
May 2022
Reply to pipegf98
Because is cathartic to see mean characters getting screwed and because it's so ridiculuously extreme that is kinda funny.
@pipegf98 it was kinda funny, but more so traumatic for me.
Dec 19, 2023 10:47 AM
Jul 2022
uzay99 said:
@kou_starz thanks for the response. yeah the practice sessions really did not need to happen and i do agree that she should not have done that, but even then makoto was the one that turned it into cheating. sekai did not know any better and let her emotions control herself. even if she was the one that started it, she did not want to continue doing it after it got worse but makoto forced her to. i dont like kotonoha because instead of realizing this, she kills another victim and still seems to like makoto? i dont think her being socially deprived really is an excuse for this

Thank you for responding.

I do agree that initially Sekai was quite innocent and was conducting an act of benevolence by match making 2 people together. However, once Sekai realised the relationship between Makoto and Kotonoha was unsteady, she took the opportunity to get closer to Makoto by fulfilling his sexual desires through 'practice sessions' where it escalated to them having physical intimacy without any guilt.
Makoto almost always receives blame here for being unfaithful towards Kotonoha however Sekai was the one that lured him through seduction and Makoto being impulsive fell for the trap.

I could defend Sekai by saying that she was supporting the relationship between Kotonoha and Makoto initially and would not have to intervene if Makoto wasn't so hopeless in keeping his relationship with Kotonoha afloat.
Due to seeing how incompatible they are, Sekai meticulously used 'practice sessions' to steal Makoto away from Kotonoha without having any empathy for her or taking in to consideration how Kotonoha would feel.

Unlike Makoto who is impulsive and easily succumbs to temptation, Sekai was able to exactly plot her moves as the observer and knew exactly how to entice Makoto away from Kotonoha. Sekai could have advised Makoto to break up with Kotonoha due to their weak affinity, however instead has an affair with Makoto through the generously looking heinous disguise of 'practice sessions'.

Due to the dating relationship of Makoto and Sekai forming through an affair, this relationship was bound to inevitably fail as Sekai tried to pretend that her theft and seduction was justified and not needing of a consequence while Makoto had no guilty feeling of adultery so succumbed to any girl who offered sexual pleasure.
Makoto could be represented as a puppet being controlled by Sekai as Makoto earlier on trusted and followed along to any of the advise or instructions given by Sekai. Sekai had also inherently indoctrinated Makoto to believe that adultery was fine so had no issue in also being unfaithful to Sekai as Sekai had approved of his unfaithfulness to Kotonoha.

Sekai was the manipulative genius that made Makoto in to the infamous player that everyone hates him for.

Writing about Kotonoha will lead to another essay but it is vital that you understand that Sekai is both directly and indirectly the source of negativity presented through her own conduct and Makoto's conduct.

I want to add some brief input about Kotonoha:
I have stated before that Kotonoha is insanely deprived of social interaction which is why she is so unconditionally attached to Makoto. She is attached to Makoto that when Taisuke offers to date her, she declines fully aware that Makoto is cheating on her. This does insinuate how she really doesn't care what Makoto does, she only cares about being with him and being in his presence.
I don't condone her killing in the end however Kotonoha is quite mentally ill so can't be judged rationally as her only focus is to be with Makoto disregarding everything negative associated to him.

I appreciate you reading my response.

Dec 19, 2023 8:53 PM

Mar 2023
It's because it's a dumpster fire and seeing it burn is just the right thing.
I figured pretty early on that this is a bishojo game adaptation (bug eyes) and they were clearly adapting some kind of bad ending.
Knowing that you shouldn't take this seriously, but more like an attempt to see what happens if the mc always makes the absolute worse decisions available makes it amusing, like a so bad it's good. So actually 6-11 were a lot better than the first 5 boring episodes.
12 is brutal and has nice red herring twists. Like was Sekai pregnant or not, can we even trust Katsura who we've seen delusional before? But she also never did a pregnancy test. I think all in all, Sekai was pretty terrible, even if I give her the benefit of doubt, so I don't mind that she ended up dead.
And the cherry on top, finishing with a nice boat. The contrast between how horrific what happened in the episode and how beautiful the last shot of the boat was is just funny to me.

Bonus: when it first aired, the episode was delayed because of a tragedy that happened in Japan that week and replaced with footage of boats, hence spawning the nice boat meme
Dec 20, 2023 1:12 PM

Feb 2020
Just wanted to leave a note that I echo @kou_starz' thoughts.

I'm rarely the guy to like death (far from it, I watch slice of life shows) but I've never screamed so hard in joy seeing Sekai shank Makoto (read: "YEAAAAAH YOU HUMAN FILTH! YOU RUINED PEOPLE'S LIVEES!"). Kotonoha dealing the final cut towards Sekai was just icing on the cake.

It is also true that Sekai is the root of all the problems with the show. Although Makoto is responsible for a lot of it, too. If he simply held back from acting on his impulses, kept a level head, and talked about it to his friends, he would have avoided his "tragedy."

Still, I think the show shines through showcasing people making all the wrong decisions and acting on their impulses.

P.S. is that best girl Ririna Sanada? Let's gooooo!!
Dec 20, 2023 1:41 PM
Jul 2022
LaurensDenila said:
Just wanted to leave a note that I echo @kou_starz' thoughts.

I'm rarely the guy to like death (far from it, I watch slice of life shows) but I've never screamed so hard in joy seeing Sekai shank Makoto (read: "YEAAAAAH YOU HUMAN FILTH! YOU RUINED PEOPLE'S LIVEES!"). Kotonoha dealing the final cut towards Sekai was just icing on the cake.

It is also true that Sekai is the root of all the problems with the show. Although Makoto is responsible for a lot of it, too. If he simply held back from acting on his impulses, kept a level head, and talked about it to his friends, he would have avoided his "tragedy."

Still, I think the show shines through showcasing people making all the wrong decisions and acting on their impulses.

P.S. is that best girl Ririna Sanada? Let's gooooo!!

Hi, thank you for endorsing my sentiments for the anime.

In terms of romance, my interests are in contrast to yours where I absolutely adore highly dramatic animes with complex love polygons with a sprinkle of dark psychology. I have watched a few slice of life animes but find them tedious to watch so school days hit that drama crave within me. I enjoyed it so much that I played the visual novel and a lot of behind the scene scenes not shown in the anime are presented in the vn so it broadens your understanding of the anime and allows you to comprehend the characters feelings and intentions.

I also agree that Makoto should have spoken about his feelings and sought out advice from others than Sekai. Makoto should have especially expressed his concerns to Kotonoha about his desires being unfulfilled and Kotonoha may try to step out of her comfort zone to improve the relationship. Kotonoha was also expressing her concerns about Makoto to Sekai; I do understand that both Makoto and Kotonoha felt more comfortable venting to Sekai however they should have also expressed their concerns to each other instead of only relying on Sekai for advice.
So even before Sekai started her manipulation, there was a lack of communication which caused the awkwardness between them to remain.

p.s That sure is Ririna, the gracious queen.
Now that I think about it, Ririna has some similar characteristics to Sekai without the seductive manipulation.

Dec 21, 2023 8:27 AM
Dec 2022
people generally like the things which surprise them , this the reaction, and obviously I'm no objection, infact I quite like Makoto
Dec 21, 2023 6:33 PM
Jun 2023
Only thing I didn’t like about the ending was Sekai being killed. She tried being helpful, tried ignoring her feelings, listening to them, doing the right thing and d it all went south. If it had ended with her killing the guy and moving on, it would have been perfect.
Dec 22, 2023 8:50 AM
Dec 2023
I thought I should sent this meme...
Dec 23, 2023 12:04 AM
May 2022
Reply to ForlornBeliever
Only thing I didn’t like about the ending was Sekai being killed. She tried being helpful, tried ignoring her feelings, listening to them, doing the right thing and d it all went south. If it had ended with her killing the guy and moving on, it would have been perfect.
@ForlornBeliever literally exactly my thoughts on it. i liked her killing makoto but her getting killed left a bad taste in my mouth
Dec 23, 2023 12:14 AM
May 2022
Reply to watsym
It's because it's a dumpster fire and seeing it burn is just the right thing.
I figured pretty early on that this is a bishojo game adaptation (bug eyes) and they were clearly adapting some kind of bad ending.
Knowing that you shouldn't take this seriously, but more like an attempt to see what happens if the mc always makes the absolute worse decisions available makes it amusing, like a so bad it's good. So actually 6-11 were a lot better than the first 5 boring episodes.
12 is brutal and has nice red herring twists. Like was Sekai pregnant or not, can we even trust Katsura who we've seen delusional before? But she also never did a pregnancy test. I think all in all, Sekai was pretty terrible, even if I give her the benefit of doubt, so I don't mind that she ended up dead.
And the cherry on top, finishing with a nice boat. The contrast between how horrific what happened in the episode and how beautiful the last shot of the boat was is just funny to me.

Bonus: when it first aired, the episode was delayed because of a tragedy that happened in Japan that week and replaced with footage of boats, hence spawning the nice boat meme
@watsym i guess if you look at it that way it is a lot more interesting, but it doesnt make it any less traumatic for me. it somehow made me care about the characters so i couldnt look at it from a different lens.
Dec 23, 2023 12:47 AM
May 2022
Reply to kou_starz
uzay99 said:

Thank you for responding.

I do agree that initially Sekai was quite innocent and was conducting an act of benevolence by match making 2 people together. However, once Sekai realised the relationship between Makoto and Kotonoha was unsteady, she took the opportunity to get closer to Makoto by fulfilling his sexual desires through 'practice sessions' where it escalated to them having physical intimacy without any guilt.
Makoto almost always receives blame here for being unfaithful towards Kotonoha however Sekai was the one that lured him through seduction and Makoto being impulsive fell for the trap.

I could defend Sekai by saying that she was supporting the relationship between Kotonoha and Makoto initially and would not have to intervene if Makoto wasn't so hopeless in keeping his relationship with Kotonoha afloat.
Due to seeing how incompatible they are, Sekai meticulously used 'practice sessions' to steal Makoto away from Kotonoha without having any empathy for her or taking in to consideration how Kotonoha would feel.

Unlike Makoto who is impulsive and easily succumbs to temptation, Sekai was able to exactly plot her moves as the observer and knew exactly how to entice Makoto away from Kotonoha. Sekai could have advised Makoto to break up with Kotonoha due to their weak affinity, however instead has an affair with Makoto through the generously looking heinous disguise of 'practice sessions'.

Due to the dating relationship of Makoto and Sekai forming through an affair, this relationship was bound to inevitably fail as Sekai tried to pretend that her theft and seduction was justified and not needing of a consequence while Makoto had no guilty feeling of adultery so succumbed to any girl who offered sexual pleasure.
Makoto could be represented as a puppet being controlled by Sekai as Makoto earlier on trusted and followed along to any of the advise or instructions given by Sekai. Sekai had also inherently indoctrinated Makoto to believe that adultery was fine so had no issue in also being unfaithful to Sekai as Sekai had approved of his unfaithfulness to Kotonoha.

Sekai was the manipulative genius that made Makoto in to the infamous player that everyone hates him for.

Writing about Kotonoha will lead to another essay but it is vital that you understand that Sekai is both directly and indirectly the source of negativity presented through her own conduct and Makoto's conduct.

I want to add some brief input about Kotonoha:
I have stated before that Kotonoha is insanely deprived of social interaction which is why she is so unconditionally attached to Makoto. She is attached to Makoto that when Taisuke offers to date her, she declines fully aware that Makoto is cheating on her. This does insinuate how she really doesn't care what Makoto does, she only cares about being with him and being in his presence.
I don't condone her killing in the end however Kotonoha is quite mentally ill so can't be judged rationally as her only focus is to be with Makoto disregarding everything negative associated to him.

I appreciate you reading my response.

@kou_starz i see. personally i think the practice sessions were sekai's excuse of getting closer to makoto, but i dont think she lured him in any sort of way. if i recall correctly it was makoto who turned the practice sessions sexual. yeah the practice sessions werent made to help katsura and makoto's relationship, but i dont think they were made to distance katsura either. i think makoto controlled sekai more than she controlled him, as he tricked her into being together with him and lied to her. i don't think sekai is completely innocent at all, but she is the least guilty one for me.

katsura for me is a character i grew to dislike. i felt bad for her in the beginning but she became way too obsessive and creepy and i don't think someone that mentally ill is a good character at all and i don't understand why so many people like her. it's not her fault that she is deprived of social interaction at all, that i cannot blame her, but at least i feel like she should have some common sense or something. idk if what im saying is making much sense, thank you for your response again.
Dec 23, 2023 12:00 PM

May 2012
Reply to TheKingTaika
Lost_Hearts said:

Another viewpoint,

No he was not changing. All the girls were rejecting him, but Kotonoha still wanted him, so he went with her.

He didn't want Sekai anymore because her pregnancy was terrible news for him. The way he was treating Sekai shows that he was only thinking about himself.

What do you think he would do if Kotonoha got pregnant too? He wouldn't like it, that's for sure.
I despise woke people.
Dec 23, 2023 12:11 PM

May 2012
Reply to uzay99
@kou_starz i see. personally i think the practice sessions were sekai's excuse of getting closer to makoto, but i dont think she lured him in any sort of way. if i recall correctly it was makoto who turned the practice sessions sexual. yeah the practice sessions werent made to help katsura and makoto's relationship, but i dont think they were made to distance katsura either. i think makoto controlled sekai more than she controlled him, as he tricked her into being together with him and lied to her. i don't think sekai is completely innocent at all, but she is the least guilty one for me.

katsura for me is a character i grew to dislike. i felt bad for her in the beginning but she became way too obsessive and creepy and i don't think someone that mentally ill is a good character at all and i don't understand why so many people like her. it's not her fault that she is deprived of social interaction at all, that i cannot blame her, but at least i feel like she should have some common sense or something. idk if what im saying is making much sense, thank you for your response again.
Sekai knew Setsuna liked him before her, and she basically did to her the same thing she did to Kotonoha. She used them to get closer to him.

Makoto wanted physical contact, and Sekai offered that to him. She knew very well what she was doing there. Later on, she had that scene where her inner guilty confronts her. It shows that she knew she was a bitch, but kept going.

Makoto was a piece o shit, but it was Sekai who started those practice sessions, and he never forced her to anything. She used sex to steal him from Kotonoha. She wasn't controled in the least.
I despise woke people.
Dec 29, 2023 3:10 PM

Oct 2021
well, there is no good end in such an anime. I just took it as one of the possible endings. the ending achieves what the author of the anime wants to express and I'm fine with it. this isn't some anime where in the end everyone would be happy because everyone from the start is just some psycho asshole, or they become one after a while. kotonoha for example became one after getting fucked by some weird classmate and then seeing "that". she wasnt an asshole though. I still do wonder what happened to her sister after all that lol
yes.
Jan 1, 6:56 AM
May 2022
Reply to KaeUBW
Sekai knew Setsuna liked him before her, and she basically did to her the same thing she did to Kotonoha. She used them to get closer to him.

Makoto wanted physical contact, and Sekai offered that to him. She knew very well what she was doing there. Later on, she had that scene where her inner guilty confronts her. It shows that she knew she was a bitch, but kept going.

Makoto was a piece o shit, but it was Sekai who started those practice sessions, and he never forced her to anything. She used sex to steal him from Kotonoha. She wasn't controled in the least.
@KaeUBW i understand your reasoning but i dont see it personally. thank you for clarifying as i understand other points of views better now
Jan 1, 7:37 AM
Walpurgis

May 2023
I agree with your thoughts on Kotonoha and Makoto (big fan of Sekai, myself), I'm glad that someone else feels the same way about Kotonoha.

I do have a real soft spot for this show: it's daring, unique and unforgettable and the ending plays a huge part in that.

if you want a happy ending for Sekai, I strongly recommend the visual novel--it's more cohesive and you can make choices that don't result in tragedy (or you can just be an ass and watch everything burn, your call). the manga also has a better ending for her.
Jan 8, 5:48 AM
May 2022
Reply to velveteenvamp
I agree with your thoughts on Kotonoha and Makoto (big fan of Sekai, myself), I'm glad that someone else feels the same way about Kotonoha.

I do have a real soft spot for this show: it's daring, unique and unforgettable and the ending plays a huge part in that.

if you want a happy ending for Sekai, I strongly recommend the visual novel--it's more cohesive and you can make choices that don't result in tragedy (or you can just be an ass and watch everything burn, your call). the manga also has a better ending for her.
@velveteenvamp finally someone who agrees haha

i definitely would have enjoyed it more if it had a happy ending for sekai, i definitely want to check out the manga and visual novel because of their better endings.

More topics from this board

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece?

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

49 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 5:32 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ranivus - Sep 20, 2007

1286 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 5:23 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OriginalName - Sep 12, 2007

207 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 4:11 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cyruz - Sep 5, 2007

204 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 3:35 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DeleteMe3409 - Aug 29, 2007

177 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.