Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 28, 2023 1:18 PM
May 2013
So today I was in a weird mood, so I decided to try reading the first volume of every Young Jump(Manga company behind Gantz, my favorite manga) I could find, digging through trash hoping to find a gem.

Had quite a few laughs at titles I'm not going to admit that I've read, one I wish that I could find more of, the other I'm glad I have more to read when I'm in a weird enough mood to do this again but wish was fully translated. One pretty good horror series that isn't scary, but is a lot of fun. I also read the first volume of the first series that Oku, the author of Gantz made(and It BLOWS!)

Finally after a few hours of searching I came across Damned, a really fun, great Dark series about a musclebound warrior returning to the one area of civilization left, Japan.

Art is really great, the Action is really great, and the MC is very likable. It's got good atmosphere too, and it's gory in a really fun, over the top way that reminds me of something like Robocop if it were done with swords! If that appeals to you, I say that this series is for you!

Art is really great, the Action is really great, and the MC is very likable. It's got good atmosphere too, and it's gory in a really fun, over the top way that reminds me of something like Robocop if it were done with swords! If that appeals to you, I say that this series is for you!

Some expanded thoughts:

It's not as smart as it probably thinks that it is, but it's also not stupid like I'm told Riki-Oh is, and the series succeeds in pulling off some decently clever twists, and really does a good job at making you like the main character, and wanting to see him accomplish his goals without making him someone that is always aiming to do the right thing. The action is really really good, largely aided by just how good the art is. Saruwatari Tetsuya was quite something with his art, and made me want to take a moment to appreciate a lot of the pages in this work. If you want a fun post apoc action manga, give this a shot!
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
Nov 3, 2023 2:44 AM
Mar 2020
On the whole I am agree with you, but as for me Saruwatari's art isn't great enough.
Feb 16, 1:20 AM

Jan 2017
It's a great manga, but it seems like the ending was too rushed and the serialization was canceled.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.