Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 23, 2023 12:04 PM
Feb 2019
Cestlavie_ said:
Fate Stay night> Fate Unlimited blade works>Fate heavens feel> Fate Zero>Any other random Fate

Anyone that says watch fate zero first is just wicked

Yep, do like that, or read the novel, it's worth
Apr 23, 2023 12:05 PM
Feb 2019
hata_mayayoshi said:
Hello fellow enjoyer of anime.

Fate is one of the best franchises I have had the opportunity to experience thus far. I would recommend starting the series with Fate/Zero, as it is the most solid starting point in my opinion. It also canonically comes before the first-ever released Fate anime, Fate/Stay Night. The Fate anime series is an adaptation of Visual Novels of the same name, therefore the story is often cut short for the anime while adapting as Visual Novels tend to be longer.

If you would like, perhaps you can start with the aforementioned Fate/Stay Night anime. It was the first one ever released, and although a very good anime, it's not the strongest suit of the Fate franchise. But take my word with a grain of salt, as many still argue over the best canon. The other option is Fate/Unlimited Blade Works. It is an awesome anime as well, but I reckon it will be definitely more confusing to watch. And whenever you do watch it, watch the series and not the movies of UBW, because, for some reason, they exist and it's enough of a reason to not watch them.

Other than that, many new people who get into the Fate franchise nowadays start with Heaven's Feel movie trilogy. They are good movies that are, to a certain extent, self-contained, but you would enjoy and understand them better if you have the Fate lore by your side while watching them.

So, I would suggest starting with Fate/Zero only. Stick with it, you will slowly understand. The second season also gets much better than the first. Then, hop on to Fate/Stay Night. Follow up with the UBW anime series, and then finally Heaven's Feel. After that, you are free to branch wherever you want I presume. There is a plethora of Visual Novels, anime series, spin-offs, games, etc.

We welcome you to this degenerative circle of Fate fans with open arms. Hope you get your historical fiction right. Have a nice time here :-).

Start with fate zero and get the sister spoiler right away? Abs no!
Apr 23, 2023 1:30 PM
Jan 2021
first comment is right

as to why the fandom can't decide: zero is CHRONOLOGICALLY first and was released before UBW and HF. However, the source material was released two years after fate stay night
Apr 23, 2023 6:47 PM
Jun 2021
zero>ubw>hf
or
ubw>hf>zero
second is the better watch order but if u do just make sure u know exactly how the holy grail war works as well as all the family dynamics. otherwise it’ll be very very confusing.
Apr 24, 2023 1:05 AM
Jul 2019
Yo, remember this rule of prequels have been released for ANYTHING YOU WATCH: watch them in release order. They were meant to be watched knowing that the audience already knows the characters and such.

Prequels were made for more world building and character background.

For example, you’re not gonna watch Star Wars 1, 2, and 3 then 4, 5 and 6 because 1, 2, and 3 is the prequel trilogy that was released 20 years after the original trilogy. You were meant to watch the prequel AFTER knowing the events in the original.

HOWEVER, I do think that you are entitled to your way to watch it. But if you do decide to watch FZ first, I’d recommend watching FZ only. Then maybe the HF movies if you like FZ just for the animations and fights.
RulyKinkajou59Apr 24, 2023 1:16 AM
Apr 24, 2023 5:15 AM

Jan 2021
INSANELYWP said:
zero>ubw>hf
or
ubw>hf>zero
second is the better watch order but if u do just make sure u know exactly how the holy grail war works as well as all the family dynamics. otherwise it’ll be very very confusing.

ubw explains just as much info about the war you need as zero
salad77Apr 24, 2023 7:13 AM
Read the visual novel nerd
Apr 24, 2023 9:30 AM

Mar 2020
Either read the Visual Novels and then watch or read Zero, mimick the VN Route order (Fate 2006, Unlimited Blade Works TV, Heavens Feel) and then Zero or go by release order but skipping the UBW movie and the Fate remake. Do not under any circumstances start with Zero, it spoils the Fate route and alot of the UBW and HF route.

Apr 29, 2023 1:03 AM
Dec 2022
ah shit here we go again 🤦‍♂️
Apr 29, 2023 4:26 AM
Jan 2021
VilexRoss said:
Reading these threads is fun.
This debate is endless.

I can read these all day xD. This is one thing I love about Nasuverse fans.
Apr 29, 2023 6:58 AM

Aug 2020
Harunatsuuu said:
VilexRoss said:
Reading these threads is fun.
This debate is endless.

I can read these all day xD. This is one thing I love about Nasuverse fans.

Everyone thinks that the way they watched or read the series is the ultimate truth.

Apr 30, 2023 11:57 PM

Dec 2015
It's very simple, just follow this watch guide

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

11 by filthyfrank8142 »»
7 hours ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.