Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 16, 2022 7:05 AM
Dec 2019
GxrePrincess said:
I need help.

I am interested in watching this series but there's no clear order of everything. There are also loads of versions like fate/stay or fate/zero.

In what order do I watch these? Please help!

Here’s the order I watched and it worked pretty well for me when I was new to the series.

Fate/stay night (2016)
Fate/zero
Fate/stay night UBW
Fate/Heavens Feel movies

Zero has spoilers for Stay Night (2016) and kind of for UBW.

The Fate/Apocrypha (my personal favorite) and Fate/Grand Order (show and 3 movies) are pretty good too. At least watch Apocrypha at some point. Helps to mix those in with the others too. The openings/initial plot of SN (2016) and UBW is similar but the do diverge pretty quickly. Those and the Heavens Feel movies are the same story told from different angels depending on who the main relationship is supposed to be with.
Nov 16, 2022 10:40 AM

Jan 2021
iCorvus said:
Tyraq said:
Don't watch Fate/Zero first.
Despite it being a prequel, it's actually just a spinoff aimed at an audience that's already familiar with the story and cast of Stay Night and even the author of FZ says so.
The order I'd recommend is:

Fate/Stay Night 2006
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works TV
Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel
Fate/Zero

Would also recommend watching the Kara no Kyoukai movies (small series of short movies) alongside it.

nah zero before heavens feel

zero before hf is just asking for half the story spoiled
Read the visual novel nerd
Nov 16, 2022 10:42 AM

Jan 2021
Thrownaxe said:
GxrePrincess said:
I need help.

I am interested in watching this series but there's no clear order of everything. There are also loads of versions like fate/stay or fate/zero.

In what order do I watch these? Please help!

Here’s the order I watched and it worked pretty well for me when I was new to the series.

Fate/stay night (2016)
Fate/zero
Fate/stay night UBW
Fate/Heavens Feel movies

The Fate/Apocrypha (my personal favorite) and Fate/Grand Order (show and 3 movies) are pretty good too. At least watch Apocrypha at some point. Helps to mix those in with the others too. The openings/initial plot of SN (2016) and UBW is similar but the do diverge pretty quickly. Those and the Heavens Feel movies are the same story told from different angels depending on who the main relationship is supposed to be with.

zero has pretty minimal spoilers for fsn 2006 and ubw, its heavens feel where its serious about spoilers thats why its always reccomended to do ubw > hf > zero
fsn 2006 is kind of optional as its not a good adaptation and can turn people away from the series
Nov 16, 2022 11:25 AM
Dec 2019
salad_farded said:
Thrownaxe said:

Fate/stay night (2016)
Fate/zero
Fate/stay night UBW
Fate/Heavens Feel movies

zero has pretty minimal spoilers for fsn 2006 and ubw, its heavens feel where its serious about spoilers thats why its always reccomended to do ubw > hf > zero
fsn 2006 is kind of optional as its not a good adaptation and can turn people away from the series

No argument on the original FSN being the worst but it does have a different ending than the others. UBW is the better series and the HF movies are the best of all I think but it’s worth seeing the last few episodes of the original FSN to see how they handle the end imo.
Nov 16, 2022 11:38 AM

Jan 2021
Thrownaxe said:
salad_farded said:

No argument on the original FSN being the worst but it does have a different ending than the others. UBW is the better series and the HF movies are the best of all I think but it’s worth seeing the last few episodes of the original FSN to see how they handle the end imo.

well of course it has a different ending, its a completely different story from ubw and heavens feel.
Nov 16, 2022 11:45 AM
Dec 2019
salad_farded said:
Thrownaxe said:

well of course it has a different ending, its a completely different story from ubw and heavens feel.

Not really. The story and plot are the same even the first few episodes of UBW and the original are almost exactly the same. Sure they split and play out differently but it’s just different routes from the original game/story. As I said it’s just worth watching the original for the last 1/2 to 1/4 if nothing else and you watch it after UBW.
Nov 17, 2022 12:39 AM

Mar 2020
miscshade said:
Fate Zero first. Fate Stay Night’s anime is hindered without the context of Zero. To everyone saying Zero spoils, they all spoil lmao.

Fate/ Stay Night as a whole doesn't really spoil itself with the exception of one anime orginal subplot in 2006 and its supposed to "spoil" Fate/ Zero the same way the Star Wars orginal trilogy "spoils" the prequels or the Godfather Part 1 "spoils" Part 2. Zero is a prequel, made later, and supposed to be read or watching by an audience already familiar with Fate, you're already supposed to know about some plot points, unlike FSN, which was originally a standalone VN and so is supposed to be read without spoilers.

Nov 17, 2022 1:03 AM
Nov 17, 2022 7:41 PM
Jul 2022
Fate zero >Fate SN>UBW>Heaven's Feel
Nov 18, 2022 2:08 AM
Jun 2022
1. Fate zero season 1
2. Fate zero season 2
3. Fate stay night
4. Fate stay night unlimited blade works movie
5. Fate stay night unlimited blade works prolouge
6. Fate stay night unlimited blade works season 1
7. Fate stay night unlimited blade works season 2
8. Fate stay night unlimited blade works sunny days
9. Fate stay night heavens feel 1 presage flower
10. Fate stay night heavens feel 2 lost butterfly
11. Fate stay night heavens feel 3 spring song
12. Todays menu for the emiya family

1. Fate Extra last encore
2. Fate Extra last encore illustrias geocentric theory

1. Fate grand order first order
2. Fate grand order the divine realm of the round table part 1 camelot wandering agatram
3. Fate grand order the divine realm of the round table part 2 camelot paladin agatram
4. Fate grand order absolute demonic front babylonia
5.Fate grand order the final singularity grand Temple of time solomon
6. Fate grand order moonlight lostroom

1. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya
2. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya 2wei
3. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya 2wei herz
4. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya 3rei
5. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya vow in the snow
6. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya licht nameless girl

Fate grand carnaval

Fate carnival phantasm

Fate prototype

Fate apocrypha
Nov 18, 2022 10:38 AM

Jan 2017
Leedv188 said:
1. Fate zero season 1
2. Fate zero season 2
3. Fate stay night
[...]
4. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya 3rei
5. Fate kaleid liner prisma ilya vow in the snow

Why do you respect the Prequel order for Fate/Kaleid , but not for the Main Series ?
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 20, 2022 9:41 AM

Sep 2015
Okay, I would like to correct myself as I seem to have upset a lot of people.

I would like to know specifically in what order did the Fate series (and all of its official spin-offs) come out so I can watch it that way. I have read your comments and seen that some series have "spoilers" in them but I think watching it the way it came out, regardless of spoilers is the best way as that's how most people who followed the series went through. So like a picture or a list with their full names and media type would be great.

Thank you all for your answers!

"But... no
matter how much
he cried...
...he was
ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇʟʏ, ᴜᴛᴛᴇʀʟʏ
𝕒 𝕝 𝕠 𝕟 𝕖."
Nov 20, 2022 11:12 PM

Mar 2020
GxrePrincess said:

I would like to know specifically in what order did the Fate series (and all of its official spin-offs) come out so I can watch it that way. I have read your comments and seen that some series have "spoilers" in them but I think watching it the way it came out, regardless of spoilers is the best way as that's how most people who followed the series went through. So like a picture or a list with their full names and media type would be great.

In release order: Fate/ Stay Night (visual novel), Fate/ Hollow Ataraxia (visual novel), Fate/ Zero (light novel).

The anime release order is more complicated - Fate/ Stay Night, UBW movie, Fate/ Zero, UBW show, Heavens Feel. (sticking purely to adaptations of the core Fate titles)

Nov 22, 2022 10:25 AM

Jan 2022
Lightzter said:
Fate/Zero (2011) > Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works > Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works Heaven's Feel Movie Trilogy

This is the chronological order. Follow this watch order. Don't listen to others.
Just watch it.
JubayertNov 22, 2022 10:29 AM
Nov 23, 2022 12:34 AM
Nov 2022
GxrePrincess said:

start with fate zero, it's a prequel and it is season 1 of all fate

fate stay night has spoil the fate zero, because it is a sequel like star wars movies
the second trilogy like star wars iv and v came first but later the first trilogy like star wars I and II came out, but first three was prequel the series and they made them Star wars I, II, III
and they said to watch rhem them like this,
fate zero and stay night are the same like star wars movies, just those guys tell you, you must watch stay night first that's because they love stay night very much, and they even coulden't admit thet fatd zero is better than stay night.
in fate universe we have a fan stay night fans, you get what i mean
good luke with that
Nov 23, 2022 11:42 AM

Jan 2017
OxM2 said:
the second trilogy like star wars iv and v came first but later the first trilogy like star wars I and II came out, but first three was prequel the series and they made them Star wars I, II, III

Even if you are baiting , i have to say it.

Lucas or anyone else never seriously said to watch 1 > 3 before 4 > 6.
It's just that they knew peoples were stupid , and wouldn't understand that the 3 Movies happening before should be watched after.

Japan prefer to generally title the Prequels "Zero" , but it works the same.
But well , if one day a Tokyo Ghoul Zero gets released , we'll all laugh i guess. (Or an adaptation of Shingeki no Kyojin : Before The Fall)
Alexioos95Nov 23, 2022 11:47 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 23, 2022 12:48 PM
Nov 2022
Alexioos95 said:
OxM2 said:

Even if you are baiting , i have to say it.

Lucas or anyone else never seriously said to watch 1 > 3 before 4 > 6.
It's just that they knew peoples were stupid , and wouldn't understand that the 3 Movies happening before should be watched after.

Japan prefer to generally title the Prequels "Zero" , but it works the same.
But well , if one day a Tokyo Ghoul Zero gets released , we'll all laugh i guess. (Or an adaptation of Shingeki no Kyojin : Before The Fall)
it's depends on the story to which should watch first, for example, lord of the rings and hobbit, game of throns and house of dragon, harry potter and fantastic beats. all of them, it dosen't matter to watch first. but for fate zero and stay night no, doesen't work like that, some people say if you watch fate zero first, you will get spoil the fate stay night and some people say if you watch fate stay night first you will get spoil the zero. in this sitution it's better go for another reason, or you should watch the serie that cames first, or the prequel.
some people say fate stay night is main
and orginal, but to me it's not, because fate stay night isn't a series with 7 seasons, it's just like fate zero but in e routs. and the author said in fate series all charachters is main,

there is alot of reason that why i say fate zero should watch first, but because of my bad english, coulden't say all of it, and there is no need to say.
Nov 23, 2022 1:51 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Which ever way you watch, just know this. Don't skip Saber route (FSN 2006)!

UBW is Rin
HF is Sakura

Fate anime is about Saber to begin with, doesn't make sense to skip.

Nov 28, 2022 12:52 AM

Sep 2015
O_T_T said:
Frankly at this point anyone asking for an order shouldn't bother trying the franchise at all. Getting properly into it requires tracking down and poring over countless pages of text, and if someone can't even be bothered to google which came first, or even notice that the same question has been asked a thousand times before, what'll they get out of it? Is this really an attitude that is of any use to the fanbase?

Ngl. You are just salty. The reason why i asked is because there is so many parts to this series that arent called Fate. So how tf am i supposed to know which goes where. Stop gatekeeping and fuck off ty <3

"But... no
matter how much
he cried...
...he was
ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇʟʏ, ᴜᴛᴛᴇʀʟʏ
𝕒 𝕝 𝕠 𝕟 𝕖."
Dec 1, 2022 1:52 AM

Feb 2019
GxrePrincess said:
O_T_T said:
Frankly at this point anyone asking for an order shouldn't bother trying the franchise at all. Getting properly into it requires tracking down and poring over countless pages of text, and if someone can't even be bothered to google which came first, or even notice that the same question has been asked a thousand times before, what'll they get out of it? Is this really an attitude that is of any use to the fanbase?

Ngl. You are just salty. The reason why i asked is because there is so many parts to this series that arent called Fate. So how tf am i supposed to know which goes where. Stop gatekeeping and fuck off ty <3

I don't really have anything to say to this, nor a reason to. I do however find that your response to being told you're going into the franchise with the wrong attitude is to double down and cry about gatekeeping, rather than think about what might compel anyone to keep said gate, makes a rather good confirmation of my original point.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

11 by filthyfrank8142 »»
6 hours ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.