Jul 2015
"Original Movie" aka filler

Nov 6, 2022 6:36 AM

May 2021
perhaps Just a recap can't be anything interesting
Nov 6, 2022 6:40 AM

Mar 2013
Recap or Summary. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 6, 2022 7:14 AM

Nov 2007
Complete New Original
完全新作オリジナル

I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 6, 2022 7:32 AM

Mar 2012
'New original movie' basically like what happened with Ordinal Scale.

I guess after 2 progressive movies they are focusing on an original to give the progressive books and the unital ring arc more time to release more books.

Don't know what to feel about this one.
Nov 6, 2022 7:49 AM

May 2021
Anime-original movie, I think.

Nov 6, 2022 8:26 AM
Jan 2014
Sword Art Online is still a thing...? Wow... I had completely forgotten about it after i droped Season 2.
Nov 6, 2022 8:29 AM
Aug 2021
what is this, i’m so glad omg
Nov 6, 2022 8:34 AM

Aug 2019
Oh another sao movie... Nice!

Nov 6, 2022 8:41 AM

Aug 2012
Nox--- said:
Sword Art Online is still a thing...? Wow... I had completely forgotten about it after i droped Season 2.

Yes, it is still really big franchise in Japan.
Today is 6.11.2022, the day SAO servers opened in anime. Everyone celebrates this, along with staff releasing many news about the anime and it's universe <3
Nov 6, 2022 9:16 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Piromysl said:
"Original Movie" aka filler

It could be "Original Movie" aka canon. We don't have enough info to be calling it filler. :v

e.g. chara from Ordinal Scale movie did came back in WoU.
Nov 6, 2022 11:07 AM
Oct 2016
Filler instead of adapting the next arc . Great :(
Nov 6, 2022 1:13 PM
Apr 2015
Hopefully a movie showing what happened in the 200 years Kirito and Asuna were in the underworld
Nov 6, 2022 1:30 PM

Sep 2017
I had forgotten SAO still existed at this point
خ
Nov 6, 2022 3:13 PM
May 2021
did they mean this movie when they said "Kirito will return"?
Nov 6, 2022 3:23 PM

Feb 2016
mostakeajka said:

Yeah he still gotta find the sword art
I believe in Shimarin supremacy
Nov 6, 2022 5:14 PM
Oct 2016
sorcery said:
It's all about entertainment, all about dangling the keys, right. Art can go fuck itself, gotta keep the baby spectator clapping with more waifus and bankai.

Not all meat needs to be a filet mignon and not all content needs to be an absolute art. I totally agree that people are getting less and less demanding about what they watch, and that's actually a big problem. But for you to hate a TV anime with little budget and minimal effort simply because it's not Spilberg's newest work, it's as sad as it is silly.
Nov 6, 2022 5:39 PM

Jan 2018
Nox--- said:

off course it is, and it's big in japan.
It's basically the reason why we've been having so many isekai and rpg inspired fantasy shows aka "I can't believe it's not an isekai"
Nov 6, 2022 6:49 PM
Mar 2016
They don't any other source material to make movie or tv series to please the fan. So they decided to make a original movie which is a filler. man so desperate even more than naruto fillers. that's understandable after all SAO is A1 trump card and main anime making money for the studio.
Nov 6, 2022 7:05 PM
Dec 2021
DragonIncursio said:
Hopefully a movie showing what happened in the 200 years Kirito and Asuna were in the underworld

I feel like that’d be way better as another show/another season. I am dying to know though, so I’ll take a movie.
Nov 6, 2022 7:15 PM
Apr 2015
FlyingBacon365 said:
DragonIncursio said:

I feel like that’d be way better as another show/another season. I am dying to know though, so I’ll take a movie.

I also would prefer it as a show
Nov 6, 2022 7:51 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
People watch an anime for entertainment. If someone don't like it, move on and watch something else instead of wasting time on shitting on what others like.

I rather watch another ecchi anime over Millennium Actress & GitS. :v

----
@abyss_will
Don't waste time arguing against small list users. He has other good anime in his dropped list (seen 1 or more ep).

Small list users will always be limited to what they seen so far. Pretty sure they will refuse to touch any old obscure anime anyway. Your only best advise to them is: Go touch weights aka grass so they stop staying on the internet all days hating.
Nov 6, 2022 9:31 PM
Oct 2019
Jesus Christ, just continue the story where we left of from the Anime.
Nov 6, 2022 11:33 PM

Jun 2016
mostakeajka said:

No. People thought that when the Alicization novels were finished, Sword Art Online would too. However, Reki placed a drawing where it said "Kirito Will Return", referring to the fact that the novel continues with the Unital Ring arc, and the anime will adapt that arc in the future.
Nov 6, 2022 11:41 PM

Dec 2015
personally, i don't mind if it is an original movie. i've enjoyed all the Bleach movies and Inuyasha movies and own them all on disk. not every piece of anime has to have a 'source'. i liked Ordinal Scale even if it was 'outside the known/written light novels'. i bought a ticket, sat my butt down in a theater, and watched SAO Progressive Movie1 English dub and enjoyed my first ever in-theater anime experience in 32 years enjoying anime.

i enjoy this franchise and i'm happy to hear there will be more to it someday. :)
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Nov 7, 2022 1:15 AM

Jun 2017
I really hope it's Underworld related, post-Moon Cradle.
Signature.
Nov 7, 2022 1:18 AM
May 2021
DriveTG said:
mostakeajka said:

No. People thought that when the Alicization novels were finished, Sword Art Online would too. However, Reki placed a drawing where it said "Kirito Will Return", referring to the fact that the novel continues with the Unital Ring arc, and the anime will adapt that arc in the future.

so.. there will be a Anime and this movie is for the leftover stories?
but, I thought SAO: progressive movies was for leftover story's (⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠)
Nov 7, 2022 1:55 AM

Jun 2016
mostakeajka said:
DriveTG said:

The SAO Progressive movies adapts the SAO Progressive novels, a reboot of the Aincrad arc written by the same author. But like the original story, the novels aren't infinite.

This movie is an original project like SAO Ordinal Scale, which will surely become canon too if Reki wants to. This way they will be able to let SAO Progressive and SAO Unital Ring (current arc of the novel) breathe so that they advance and can continue adapting without filler.
The SAO Progressive movies adapts the SAO Progressive novels, a reboot of the Aincrad arc written by the same author. But like the original story, the novels aren't infinite.

This movie is an original project like SAO Ordinal Scale, which will surely become canon too if Reki wants to. This way they will be able to let SAO Progressive and SAO Unital Ring (current arc of the novel) breathe so that they advance and can continue adapting without filler.

There is also the possibility that they will adapt SAO Moon Cradle, a mini-arc from Alicization that wasn't adapted in the show.
Nov 7, 2022 2:02 AM

Apr 2020
I think something similar like with ordinal scale, original story but may have canon content
Nov 7, 2022 2:10 AM

Aug 2018
i highly doubt they will be covering Unital Ring in this movie, hope not

Nov 7, 2022 2:11 AM

Jul 2016
The amount of salty comments in this forum is hilarious. SAO is still on haters mind rent free.

And for the this original movie looking like bridge from Alicization to Unital Ring.

Nov 7, 2022 6:32 AM

Dec 2012
chriskor022 said:
The amount of salty comments in this forum is hilarious. SAO is still on haters mind rent free.

And for the this original movie looking like bridge from Alicization to Unital Ring.
I imagine this is what SAO haters must feel every time they see an announcement for a new entry:

This is actually making me want to rewatch the series from scratch.
Nov 7, 2022 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
xkazutox said:

Don't waste time arguing against small list users. He has other good anime in his dropped list (seen 1 or more ep).

Small list users will always be limited to what they seen so far. Pretty sure they will refuse to touch any old obscure anime anyway. Your only best advise to them is: Go touch weights aka grass so they stop staying on the internet all days hating.

Pure undistilled cope. Not exactly hating all day with 13 total forum posts. Try to stay consistent in your argument. You dedicated your time to watching 30k episodes of anime and are telling me touch grass and weights. Uno reverse, if there ever was one.
Nov 7, 2022 8:00 AM
May 2017
Maybe this'll be the original movie that takes place just before the Unital Ring arc, just like Ordinal Scale was before Alicization
Nov 7, 2022 10:14 AM

Jan 2013
This is the greatest MAL thread ever
Nov 7, 2022 2:33 PM

Aug 2020
No idea, but if SAO's universe materials keep releasing, I'm happy.

Nov 7, 2022 2:36 PM

Aug 2020
Zekkenshin said:
chriskor022 said:

I imagine this is what SAO haters must feel every time they see an announcement for a new entry:

This is actually making me want to rewatch the series from scratch.

I'm thinking about this as well. I miss the older seasons. Also, since season 1 completed 10 years this year, we have another reason.

Nov 7, 2022 2:58 PM
May 2021
DriveTG said:
mostakeajka said:

There is also the possibility that they will adapt SAO Moon Cradle, a mini-arc from Alicization that wasn't adapted in the show.

I see, Thanks for the details •⁠‿⁠•
Nov 7, 2022 3:30 PM

Mar 2019
I guess it's kind of cool that they announced this project on the day Sword art online's beginning scene takes place November 6th, 2022. Like why would everyone even play the game it didn't seem to have anything really all that interesting in it, I guess the game play must be really addicting. Also I guess there was the competitive aspect. The real reason Kirito and the rest got locked in to the game was the keep the player count up. Although I guess the main draw of the game was the visuals and escapism.

This thread is really funny

Edit: cool, color thing is cool
KumiveneellaNov 7, 2022 3:45 PM
Nov 7, 2022 5:27 PM

Jun 2021
I think it's the third installment in the trilogy they've been releasing over past two years
Nov 7, 2022 5:27 PM

Oct 2018
A taste of more SAO. See you guys on the next 10 years of SAO!
Nov 7, 2022 5:35 PM
Jun 2022
I can tell its mid even though it hasn't released yet.
Nov 7, 2022 7:08 PM

Oct 2021
If it's not progressive it's probably a spin-off. They wont do another version of "original" SAO since progressive is basically that a rebooted but better version. At least it'll probably be good since A-1 has really been doing well the past few years.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Nov 7, 2022 8:11 PM
Nov 7, 2022 10:47 PM
May 2020
The amount of braincells scattered throughout this entire thread is unimaginable
Nov 8, 2022 1:42 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Matsuda_M said:
xkazutox said:

Pure undistilled cope. Not exactly hating all day with 13 total forum posts. Try to stay consistent in your argument. You dedicated your time to watching 30k episodes of anime and are telling me touch grass and weights. Uno reverse, if there ever was one.

I wasn't talking to you. Stop trying to seek attention from me. My post isn't reply to you in the first place. You came back online within 24 hours just to check a post that is not reply to you. In addition, you even above and beyond modified my original post to make it about you yourself.

Doing other things + anime vs. staying online hating all the time.
If you're the latter, I cannot help you.

This supposed to be obvious when I mentioned weights aka lifting as a joke.
I delicate myself to bodybuilding. If you're doing worst in strength than some otaku with 30k eps seen, idk how you're gonna call reversed uno on that.
Fuwa_sanNov 8, 2022 2:05 AM
Nov 8, 2022 4:31 AM

Apr 2019
I am pretty hyped for this. I hope it will be as good as Ordinal Scale. I can't wait!
Nov 8, 2022 6:32 AM
Jul 2018
xkazutox said:
Matsuda_M said:

I wasn't talking to you. Stop trying to seek attention from me. My post isn't reply to you in the first place. You came back online within 24 hours just to check a post that is not reply to you. In addition, you even above and beyond modified my original post to make it about you yourself.

Doing other things + anime vs. staying online hating all the time.
If you're the latter, I cannot help you.

This supposed to be obvious when I mentioned weights aka lifting as a joke.
I delicate myself to bodybuilding. If you're doing worst in strength than some otaku with 30k eps seen, idk how you're gonna call reversed uno on that.

You quoted my comment and specifically argued about my anime list and preference etc. But yeah, spin it to your liking. I shouldn't argue with mentally ill dweeb who claims he is Arnold Schwarzenegger on an anime forum, at least you have a point there.
Nov 8, 2022 9:14 AM
Mar 2019
MadokaAkimoto said:
Nox--- said:

Yes, it is still really big franchise in Japan.
Today is 6.11.2022, the day SAO servers opened in anime. Everyone celebrates this, along with staff releasing many news about the anime and it's universe <3

Yeah season 2 was BAD but if you like isekai like me then I would definitely recommend you to watch Sword Art Online: Alicization it's honestly a much better story than season one. But Sword Art Online: Alicization season 2 and later is trash.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Canon? What is your expectaion about this movie?

Kingfariz - Jan 15, 2023

12 by Kom0m0tE »»
May 4, 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.