Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 11, 2022 2:34 AM
Sep 2022
Can anyone tell me which episodes contain nudity/sex I wanted to watch this but also wanted to mostly avoid that
Oct 11, 2022 2:42 AM
Mar 2022
Honestttttt said:
Can anyone tell me which episodes contain nudity/sex I wanted to watch this but also wanted to mostly avoid that

Its 18+ it has a lot nudity but it has a lot of bars scenes
Oct 11, 2022 2:43 AM
Mar 2022
18+

i definitely wouldn't let anyone below 16 watch it for certain.
Oct 11, 2022 2:45 AM
Jul 2018
Instances of nudity are not frequent, but a majority of them occur in bar scenes. All that aside, the 18+ rating for this show is definitely justified.
Oct 11, 2022 3:54 AM
Apr 2022
who tf cares if u are under 18
Oct 11, 2022 4:23 AM

Feb 2021
As other people said, the show's 18+. It's not for kids.
Oct 11, 2022 5:25 AM
Apr 2021
There isn’t really anything that bad sexually wise and nudity. Maybe like 1 scene.
Oct 11, 2022 5:53 AM

Oct 2019
nah watch this when i was 15 or 16 so no need age limit well if i had to say 16-18+ is the appropriate
Oct 11, 2022 5:56 AM
Aug 2020
Monster is Probably 17+
Oct 11, 2022 6:44 AM

Apr 2016
It would be +16 or +18, but not for nudity scenes.
Oct 11, 2022 7:01 AM

May 2022
Maru-bot-chan said:
the people saying 18+ are stupid. Alot of 10 year olds would be able to understand the show and be able to handle everything else. So 10+ id say.

its a good joke, a great joke even. but i need you to stop anyways
Oct 11, 2022 8:48 AM
Feb 2021
13+ in my opinion...
Oct 11, 2022 9:27 AM
Jul 2020
bro I watch it when I was 15 why can't you?
Oct 11, 2022 10:27 AM
Feb 2019
Maru-bot-chan said:
XalekMe said:

Lmao what. Its not a joke. Kids arent stupid. All people have to do is remeber themself at that age and realize they aren't that much different than they are now. I'd say at around 8 you already have the ability to understand and beable to handle 90% of media.

People try to prolong "innocence" or whatever and its stupid, bc children understand more than people think.

100% agreed. Although it's a 12+ from me, could go lower depending on the kids intelligence.
Oct 11, 2022 10:36 AM

Dec 2020
6+. everyone here is overrating it. nothing happens in this dickridden anime. you need at least the mental age of a child to understand it, and even less to actually like it. the people saying 18+ have never seen anything 18+.
Oct 11, 2022 10:37 AM

Dec 2020
Maru-bot-chan said:
the people saying 18+ are stupid. Alot of 10 year olds would be able to understand the show and be able to handle everything else. So 10+ id say.

you are a hero spreading truth. actual mature person, someone should give you head!
Oct 11, 2022 11:18 AM

May 2021
15+ and OP please don't listen to the idiots saying you need to be only 6+ to understand it. I'm hopeful you can recognize trolls when you see them.

Oct 11, 2022 5:41 PM
Aug 2021
Probably around 5+ tbh
Oct 11, 2022 5:54 PM
Feb 2020
Tbh, you don't even need to be underage to fuck up understanding some parts of the show - thanks to YouTube, I've had the pleasure of watching some anime reactors, one of them genuinely believing that the Italian man Nina worked for quit his job of assasin because both him and his would-be target liked drinking coffee, and then blankly ignoring his killer quote at the train station.
Not because of the underlying reasons, just BECAUSE OF THE DRINKING COFFEE PART ITSELF, QUITE LITERALLY
Like, I don't wanna be that guy, you know, but I feel like a lot of people are too comfortable staying at a plain surface level of understanding, which, in my opinion, it sucks.
But, I mean, I'm not gonna go out acting as some sort of gatekeeper, I'm just saying, as long as the shows you're watching align with your preferred level of storytelling depth, that's fine, I guess, nothing you'll see will confuse you or make you feel lost or disengaged..
What I wanted to get at here is that, yeah, part of being a kid/teenager is that your personality hasn't yet fully developed, and people at that age usually go through some phase where they see the world in black and white...a phase many grown up people don't seem to have managed to grow out of it completely.
In the end, it's all about mindset and personality, so to speak.
I do support the idea of Monster being rated 18+ though, not only because I do think it's "proper", but because I believe it somehow aplacates this widespread western belief that drawings moving on a TV monitor automatically equals children's entertainment, even if just a few shows wind up being rated 18+.
Plus, I first watched Monster at age 22, and because I've piled up way more life experiences inside my memory baggage, and I am more mature than a few years prior, I could enjoy the hell out of it. I believe I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if I had been a teenager at the time of watching the show.
Oct 11, 2022 11:53 PM
Feb 2021
XalekMe said:
Maru-bot-chan said:

to be fair. almost all anime isn't for kids but are still watched by them.
Oct 12, 2022 12:40 AM

Feb 2021
Maru-bot-chan said:

There is r3pe and quite a lot of gore in the show. If I were a parent no way I am letting kids at the age of 10 to watch this show. Definitely 16+.
Oct 12, 2022 12:45 AM

Feb 2021
Maru-bot-chan said:
XalekMe said:

Lmao what. Its not a joke. Kids arent stupid. All people have to do is remeber themself at that age and realize they aren't that much different than they are now. I'd say at around 8 you already have the ability to understand and beable to handle 90% of media.

People try to prolong "innocence" or whatever and its stupid, bc children understand more than people think.

What are you talking about… most normal people are very innocent and stupid before they hit puberty, and even after that. The brain develops until the age of 24. If you truly believe that you haven’t changed since you were a kid… well that means that you are probably escaping reality. Exposing children to violence and hurriedness activities can only lead to disaster.
Oct 12, 2022 5:16 AM

Oct 2020
Hmm, I think it's not any problem with nudity or else because artstyle cancels it off. But the real thing here is the Mental Age. You must be mature enough to understand the psychological elements going behind the story and characters. Then only you would be able to get the perfect essence of this masterpiece. I watched it at the age of 13 and as I grew up mentally year by year, I appreciated it more and more as I rewatched/reread it more and more times.
Oct 12, 2022 4:12 PM
Feb 2021
elderonn said:
Maru-bot-chan said:

What are you talking about… most normal people are very innocent and stupid before they hit puberty, and even after that. The brain develops until the age of 24. If you truly believe that you haven’t changed since you were a kid… well that means that you are probably escaping reality. Exposing children to violence and hurriedness activities can only lead to disaster.

Well said. A glaring and vivid example of what you just explained is literally in the anime itself. Johan and the other kids from 511 Kinderheim. Now I'm not by any means scrutinising anyone in this thread. All the responses here are just based off how we've truly grown up and the elements around us in our fundamental stages. I don't know the ages of the people who have typed out these comments genuinely (not trolling), but if they did write them out honestly, then that's just who they are. Monster subtly reiterated these numerous times about Johan and the rest. "Humans can become anything." That's a line I can't forget in the series with how I'm still growing up more & more into an adult.

And someone mentioned above that kids are smart these days. That was never a debate in the first place as kids have always been. That's literally and purely intelligence quotient, but those kids in question aren't fully matured people yet. They are still in their nurturing years. After those years have gone by, then can they be termed as mature, and based on what they've experienced, they won't all see the world the same way. Only mature audiences will grasp the full essence of the show (like someone mentioned above too; that he/she appreciated the show more as the years rolled by).

Yeah, so Monster isn't a "friendly" show to watch. It's directed towards mature audiences. Check around. That's why there aren't children tags labelled on it.
Oct 13, 2022 2:39 PM
Aug 2022
Maru-bot-chan said:
XalekMe said:

Well it's not about if a kid can understand it or not
It's about the impact and influence it leaves with it
Oct 14, 2022 9:13 AM

Aug 2020
Ep 25 and then some more until 35. At the beginning of 44/45, 49, 58-59, 63-64, and 69-70. I might've missed some tho.
Oct 14, 2022 9:22 AM

Jan 2013
If you're worried about nudity of all things in this show, it's not for you.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 17, 7:25 PM
Jan 2024
Just use Common Sense Media, It says it is 15+ so you are fine to watch it it only has one scene where it shows a detective that is asking about some photos with naked woman who were murdered, I believe that was what that scene was but I am not to sure but yeah it isn't bad

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

624 by Anamo7 »»
Apr 26, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

253 by MeCuMint »»
Apr 25, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.