Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 27, 2022 9:14 AM
Oct 2020
I like how this anime uses animals as metaphors for the characters from thoo book "Treasure island" written by Robert Louis Stevenson
Oct 1, 2022 10:40 PM

Jun 2010
If it was going to make Silver a more sympathetic character than in the book, it should have gone all the way and not had him tell the other pirates about how they're going to kill the rest of the crew.

The anti-greed thing at the end was kind of goofy in general and didn't make a lot of sense (in the book Jim wants money to help his widowed mother). Even the 1988 Soviet adapatation of Treasure Island, from an actual communist country, wasn't bothered by the adventure element of seeking treasure.
Oct 3, 2022 11:13 AM
Oct 2020
Fronzel said:
If it was going to make Silver a more sympathetic character than in the book, it should have gone all the way and not had him tell the other pirates about how they're going to kill the rest of the crew.

The anti-greed thing at the end was kind of goofy in general and didn't make a lot of sense (in the book Jim wants money to help his widowed mother). Even the 1988 Soviet adapatation of Treasure Island, from an actual communist country, wasn't bothered by the adventure element of seeking treasure.

Oh I see you are a person of culture. Also, I agree with you. I read the book a loooong time ago, but I remember some parts

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Takarajima Episode 1 Discussion

LisbonMapping - Oct 8, 2022

0 by LisbonMapping »»
Oct 8, 2022 3:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.