Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 27, 2010 3:39 AM

Dec 2009
Leave here your hate for those who disrespected your favorite series.

Just to name one example, Viz media censored the first few volumes of I''s. I really snapped. Bye bye, Viz Media, I will not buy anymore Viz stuff for a while.

(Unfortunately, this is just one of thousands of cases)
Wanna join these clubs and have a nice talk: We Hate Censorship and Luna & Survive Fan Club
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 12, 2011 9:54 AM
Dec 2010
4kids and the One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Shaman King and many more anime

Viz media and thur constant removal of nudity, religion and extreme violence from series like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Rosario Vampire and many more.

The biggest annoyance av ever had from a viz media book was in Naruto when the actually changed a legitimate and recognized martial arts technique known as the drunken fist and made lee drink 'private potion' instead of sake.

Another annoyance is when we get bath or hot spring scenes and they add towels.
Apr 13, 2011 1:46 AM

Dec 2009
DrewM1990 said:
4kids and the One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Shaman King and many more anime

Viz media and thur constant removal of nudity, religion and extreme violence from series like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Rosario Vampire and many more.

The biggest annoyance av ever had from a viz media book was in Naruto when the actually changed a legitimate and recognized martial arts technique known as the drunken fist and made lee drink 'private potion' instead of sake.

Another annoyance is when we get bath or hot spring scenes and they add towels.

I really really HATE Viz media! HATE it! Maybe if their sales drop a lot, they will think twice about what their doing. To keep the age limit low, and sell more, they are actually hurting themselves. Maybe when they realize it, they do the reverse: add nudity/violence to mangas without it originally... that would be the maximum level of greediness.
Wanna join these clubs and have a nice talk: We Hate Censorship and Luna & Survive Fan Club
Feb 2, 2014 4:29 PM
Oct 2013
The Dub cast change for Shakugan no Shana. I watch very little anime dubbed, but for me sometimes I feel the dub is better than the sub. For instance, I prefer the dub of Fairy Tail to the original sub, but I prefer the sub over the dub for Girls Und Panzer. Funimation changed the dub cast for Shakugan no Shana after the 1st season replacing the existing VA'a with their own. Dick Move. They ruin so many series by misting out nudity or toning down violence. The ultimate censorship I've seen so far is in the currently airing "Recently, My Sister is Unusual" where some scenes are depicted as Visual Novel screens and describe whats actualy going on. If its hentai, then just air the series as such, if not, then whats with this crap? Based on viewer ratings, the more that that technique is used, the more people 'drop' the anime.
Sep 19, 2015 2:55 PM
Sep 2015
Viz Media has spoiled Sailor Moon for me. It's not that Viz has disrespected the show, but that it has disrespected the country I live in, Canada, by deliberately refusing to give us legal access to its Neon Alley service. I have consequently been forced to declare Sailor Moon—the original version, released in the 90's—to be still unlicensed in Canada, and have instead turned toward directly obtaining the show from Toei Animation on region-2 DVDs. Sure, those may be more expensive, but in my eyes, it just means I can support the show much more strongly by giving my money directly to Toei than to a bastard company like Viz is.

Viz Media, go fuck yourself.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Is Umineko no Naku Koro ni censored?

Sunabozu - Jun 9, 2010

3 by Sunabozu »»
Oct 18, 2014 11:09 AM

Poll: » Why do they edit animes and mangas?

Sunabozu - Apr 27, 2010

9 by Sunabozu »»
Jun 24, 2013 6:58 AM

Poll: » Debate: Censure - what are you good for?

Sunabozu - Apr 29, 2010

3 by _mahoushoujos_ »»
Feb 6, 2012 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.