Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 26, 2010 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Talk about anything CS:S-related.

Honestly, CS:S is the only Source MP game I'm most good at (so far). Other games either lag my object somewhat resembling an old computer down all the way *cough*TF2*cough* or I just don't have the twitch reflexes needed for others. CS:S is balanced and comes with a strategy customizable on-the-fly. I'm actually a surprisingly decent player.
removed-userMay 24, 2010 4:04 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 27, 2010 6:16 PM

Jan 2010
I would have to disagree on the "balanced" part. Everyone just uses awps and if anyone just so happens to be on a server with restrictions on awps, they just beg for awps to be enabled. Anyways, AWPs are OP except when they hit the foot (I compliment footshots with awps instead of headshots).
Apr 28, 2010 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
ThatOtaku said:
I would have to disagree on the "balanced" part. Everyone just uses awps and if anyone just so happens to be on a server with restrictions on awps, they just beg for awps to be enabled. Anyways, AWPs are OP except when they hit the foot (I compliment footshots with awps instead of headshots).

I never ever ever ever EVER use AWPs. Most of the time it's the default CT carbine or the TMP. I never knew about the AWP problem before though.
Apr 30, 2010 3:38 AM

Jan 2010
Hmm AWPs,

In servers I used to play it was more M4/AK/MP5 junkies.
AWPs are indeed good but I can dish out more kills with an M4 on dd2.

I was more of a minigamer/custom games player though so I never really liked anything that didn't let me really rush (though css is sort of a rushing game anyway, unlike your COD4 and all that where it's more sit there, snipe people out from behind, run along, hide again etc.)

I reckon it's better you play a mixture of skill mods and 'nilla (i.e. all the default maps).

Like I was an admin on a bhop server and this really helped in actual real games because I could rush into a base quicker than any of the other team would of anticipated or do some insane rushing like flying off roof tops then getting a TD from behind on de_nuke.

I'd say I was an all rounder, not absolute pro like those you see on those MovieVault montages on youtube, but good enough to PUG efficiently.
May 12, 2010 9:48 PM

Oct 2007
Fun game but disgusting for competitive play. :p
Flashes are annoyingly OP (Look away and get blinded for 3-4s when its across the room!?!?)
And the AWP is more annoying since it doesn't have the lag that 1.6 does.

And I don't want to get started on the rego.
Even then I find it heaps better than MW2 or BFBC2.
May 13, 2010 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
Fireryda said:
Fun game but disgusting for competitive play. :p
Flashes are annoyingly OP (Look away and get blinded for 3-4s when its across the room!?!?)

I'd have to agree. My first reaction to a flashbang is to look away and I STILL get blinded. WTF?
May 13, 2010 9:48 PM

Jul 2008
So does anyone ever get in those moods where they feel really twitchy? And then you join a random server in CS:S and get a 30 kill streak?

Or am I alone on this one XD? I've only had this feeling a few times, but every time I play during it, I raep incredibly hard...like, superhero hard.
May 14, 2010 6:18 AM

Oct 2007
Yeah. For me it's being at the top of my game. As long as i'm in a comfortable mood and am pretty warmed up (i.e practicing a bit during the week) I can generally do those kinds of things constantly. It really comes down to luck in pub though.. went for a 20~ kill streak and got killed by a long range 80 damage pump shotty headshot.. >_>
May 24, 2010 3:28 PM

Aug 2007
I think that I would fit between better then most and intermediate. I usually get quiet some kills but sometimes i'm just a walking target. It mostly depends on how active I have been playing CS.
May 24, 2010 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
ThaFighter said:
I think that I would fit between better then most and intermediate. I usually get quiet some kills but sometimes i'm just a walking target. It mostly depends on how active I have been playing CS.

Same here, majorly. Although for me I strike best in the beginning of the match: while the teams aren't as organized yet I can easily weave in and gun them down with either the M4A1 or the Dual Elites. Once their guard is fully up or the whole place is covered, I find it difficult. Especially with those generally difficult flashbangs. Some lousy teammate will throw one into a room I entered a second after and get blinded by default. A flashbang flies at e and I run off. Still blinded. I look away from a flashbang almost 15 meters away, and can't see or hear for 4 essential seconds. I myself cannot throw a flashbang without blinding myself. FUUUUUUUU--
Jun 12, 2010 3:41 PM

Jan 2010
Half of being a good CSS player is knowing how to position yourself.
It isn't all entirely aiming skills.

You see all these guys on montage vids on youtube getting these mad ass fluke shots and you're thinking, how does he have so many?
Because he gave himself more chances by being in the right place at the right time.

You could have a brilliant AWPer with awesome reaction time, standing in the middle of nowhere and getting picked out from like 3 possible shooters.

Though CSS doesn't need as much standing around as COD, it's still there. It's not always good to take that kind of attack and rush forth.

If you're patient you will find yourself very calmly just snipping people out of the game (in most wars where the ignorant team will take the rushing method).

It's not that I'm saying that rushing is bad, I used to do it A LOT- I got loads of kills when my P90/M249 ROFL. The old A short rush plan with 2 awps covering you, risky but gets the job done.

But really, just being in the right place at the right time helps LOADS.
And being in the right place at the right time, isn't always just a matter of chance, it's the way you think and how you operate.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Want one of the new Source FC cards? Request one here!

removed-user - Apr 30, 2010

4 by Neko_Nozomi-Chan »»
May 25, 2011 4:51 PM

» Counter Strike Source v2.0 BETA!!!!

Shobster - May 11, 2010

9 by Sucrose »»
Jun 12, 2010 3:30 PM

» Hammer for Orange Box broken?!

removed-user - May 24, 2010

0 by removed-user »»
May 24, 2010 12:49 PM

» The Steam Username Thread

removed-user - May 1, 2010

12 by removed-user »»
May 13, 2010 1:36 PM

» Talk about your favorite way to spend a day in Source!

removed-user - Apr 26, 2010

1 by Sucrose »»
Apr 30, 2010 3:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.