Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 5, 2022 10:00 AM
Feb 2022
hi guys, i’m about to start watching this show and i’m a little confused on what order to watch the shows. I know there are multiple ways to watch it, so what is the best way?

this is including: a certain scientific railgun, a certain magical index, the movie, and the other 12 episode spin-off called A certain scientific accelerator. thanks!!
Jul 5, 2022 10:24 AM
Aug 2021
Index S1, railgun, index S2, railgun S, index the movie, accelerator, index S3, railgun T
Jul 5, 2022 10:25 AM

May 2021
This is the correct order I think. The index adaption is really poor btw. I lost my hope for this series just the moment I reached the index part.
Jul 5, 2022 10:31 AM

May 2021
Drukkie said:
Index S1, railgun, index S2, railgun S, index the movie, accelerator, index S3, railgun T

This order works too but you might get spoiled about certain things if you watch the index series first.
Jul 5, 2022 10:52 AM
Nov 2021
wonder_egg_ said:
hi guys, i’m about to start watching this show and i’m a little confused on what order to watch the shows. I know there are multiple ways to watch it, so what is the best way?

this is including: a certain scientific railgun, a certain magical index, the movie, and the other 12 episode spin-off called A certain scientific accelerator. thanks!!

If you want the chronological order where all the timeline of events flow smoothly use what @Twatin posted but you can honestly watch it however you like
Jul 5, 2022 12:23 PM
Dec 2021
Watch in the order of release
Jul 5, 2022 12:48 PM
Aug 2021
I watched only the railgun series, and I didn't really feel like I missed out on anything story wise.
Jul 5, 2022 2:00 PM
Aug 2021
There’s an order which is complete chronological where u swap episode to episode which i used which I would recommend.
This prevents spoilers.
I’d also recommend skipping the filler and certain episodes of index which are completely done better in railgun
Jul 5, 2022 3:55 PM
Aug 2021
Drukkie said:

This is the most accurate one here
Jul 5, 2022 4:24 PM

Oct 2013
@wonder_egg_
1. Railgun episode 1-14 and OVA.
2. Index episode 1-6.

3. Railgun episode 15-16.
4. Index 7-9.
5. Railgun episode 17-24
6. Railgun S episode 1-10

7. Railgun S episode 11-12 and Index episode 10
Index episode 11 and Railgun S episode 13
Index episode 12 and Railgun S episode 14
Index episode 13 and Railgun S episode 15
Index episode 14 and Railgun S episode 16

8. Railgun S episode 17-20
9. Index episode 15-18, Index II episode 1, Index episode 19-24

10. Accelerator episode 1-12
11. Index II episode 2-7
12. Index The Miracle of Endymion movie

13. Railgun T episode 1
14. Index II episode 8-9 and Railgun T episode 2-3
15. Index II episode 10-13
16. Railgun T episode 4-15

17. Index II episode 14-24
18. Index III episode 1-3
19. Railgun T episode 16-20
20. Index III episode 4-6
21. Railgun T episode 21-25
22. Index III episode 7-26
DeknijffJul 5, 2022 4:28 PM
Jul 5, 2022 4:31 PM

Oct 2015
Twatin said:
This is the correct order I think. The index adaption is really poor btw. I lost my hope for this series just the moment I reached the index part.

I see many people posting this order? Where do you get this image from?

Being a LN/manga reader, i can tell that watch order in the image is terrible. Every LN reader will always advice to not start with Railgun and must be started with Index. Does anyone notices that the list do not include index NT Vol 11 at the start as it is set a year before Index/Railgun starts?
Well, part of NT Vol 18 is set a century before Index/Railgun starts~

To the OP:

As a LN reader, my response is start with Index. Railgun is not a prequel to index. Do not watch in chronological order, you will be lost and question a few things in Railgun. Index is the main story while Railgun is a side story. Only start Railgun T after Index NT Vol 11.

And another note, the Index adaptation is terrible. You should move to LN after Daiheisei arc. Well, Index LNs are hard to read if it is your first LN. I am pretty sure the director himself is lost in the LN.
NewestPersonHereJul 5, 2022 8:46 PM
Jul 5, 2022 10:25 PM
Jan 2022
Railgun, Railgun S, Index, Accelerator Index 2, Railgun T, Index 3
Jul 6, 2022 2:00 AM

Feb 2019
wonder_egg_ said:

There are not multiple ways to watch it. There is one way to watch it, and a couple dozen ways to sit perplexed while it plays in front of you.

Release order is the only effective way to see the series, since it was intentionally altered from the LNs to fit the format of being several different anime.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jul 6, 2022 2:17 AM
Dec 2012
Index is a god damn shit fest. The only way I was able to sit through it was by watching Railgun and Railgun S first. You can watch it 'as intended' but it will be an awful experience.

In general the adaptations are just horrendous so just watch whatever is the most interesting to you and hopefully get you hooked enough to read the LNs/Manga
Jul 6, 2022 2:23 AM

Nov 2020
The easiest way is to follow the release order of the anime.

Jul 6, 2022 7:47 AM
Jan 2020
This is the watch order I'm currently using:

Toaru Majutsu no Index [ep. 1 - 6]
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun: Entenka no Satsuei Model mo Raku Ja Arimasen wa ne. [OVA]
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun: Misaka-san wa Ima Chuumoku no Mato Desu kara [OVA]
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun: Motto Marutto Railgun [Special]
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S: Daiji na Koto wa Zenbu Sentou ni Osowatta [OVA]
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S: Motto Marutto Railgun [Special]
Toaru Majutsu no Index [ep. 7 - 24]
Toaru Majutsu no Index-tan [Special]
Toaru Majutsu no Index 2
Toaru Majutsu no Index-tan II [Special]
Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator
Toaru Majutsu no Index Endymion no Kiseki [Movie]
Toaru Majutsu no Index 3
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T

You stop at Index ep. 6 because the Sisters Arc has more emotional impact if you watch it in Railgun first
Jul 6, 2022 10:11 AM
Nov 2021
NewestPersonHere said:
Twatin said:

Being a LN/manga reader, i can tell that watch order in the image is terrible. Every LN reader will always advice to not start with Railgun and must be started with Index. Does anyone notices that the list do not include index NT Vol 11 at the start as it is set a year before Index/Railgun starts?

To the OP:

As a LN reader, my response is start with Index. Railgun is not a prequel to index. Do not watch in chronological order, you will be lost and question a few things in Railgun. Index is the main story while Railgun is a side story. Only start Railgun T after Index NT Vol 11.

And another note, the Index adaptation is terrible. You should move to LN after Daiheisei arc. Well, Index LNs are hard to read if it is your first LN. I am pretty sure the director himself is lost in the LN.

well I made this and yes I am a Ln reader and this was just to make a simple watch order instead of that huge rabbit hole of splitting seasons
Jul 6, 2022 10:43 AM
Deez

Jul 2021
start with railgun and railgun s and you should be good. if you start with index a lot of emotional impact is lost
Jul 6, 2022 1:46 PM
Aug 2015
read the index LNs and watch railgun, railgun s, and railgun t. as simple as that
Jul 6, 2022 4:51 PM

Oct 2015
SawsyMikey said:
NewestPersonHere said:

To the OP:

well I made this and yes I am a Ln reader and this was just to make a simple watch order instead of that huge rabbit hole of splitting seasons

I am guessing the main reason of chronological order is that Sisters Arc is more detailed in Railgun than Index. Since both have different protagonists.
However, a lot of moments in Railgun are only explained in Index:
1) Touma and Misaka just met for a duel. How did Touma not recognise Misaka later? Only explained in Index Vol 1.
2) At the start of Daiheisei in Railgun, how did Shirai got injured? The Musujime Fight only occurs in Index if I recall correctly.
3) Why is Shokuhou depressed when Touma does not know who she is? Only explained in NT Vol 11
4) Why does Shokuhou trusts Touma so easily? Only explained in NT Vol 11.
After Daiheisei, I don’t remember any overlaps between Index and Railgun. I doubt the few ninjas in the prison break and baggage city will affect much.
Not sure about Accelarator if there are overlaps since I have not watched.

Oh, and nice profile picture by the way! :)
Jul 6, 2022 4:54 PM
Nov 2021
NewestPersonHere said:
SawsyMikey said:

I am guessing the main reason of chronological order is that Sisters Arc is more detailed in Railgun than Index. Since both have different protagonists.
However, a lot of moments in Railgun are only explained in Index:
1) Touma and Misaka just met for a duel. How did Touma not recognise Misaka later? Only explained in Index Vol 1.
2) At the start of Daiheisei in Railgun, how did Shirai got injured? The Musujime Fight only occurs in Index if I recall correctly.
3) Why is Shokuhou depressed when Touma does not know who she is? Only explained in NT Vol 11
4) Why does Shokuhou trusts Touma so easily? Only explained in NT Vol 11.
After Daiheisei, I don’t remember any overlaps between Index and Railgun. I doubt the few ninjas in the prison break and baggage city will affect much.
Not sure about Accelarator if there are overlaps since I have not watched.

Oh, and nice profile picture by the way! :)
i didn't make this in with the LNs in mind tbh I just made it so the timeline of events flow smoothly for example the ending of index I Accelerator gets shot in the head and in Accelerator hes in the hospital. Also in
a certain scientific Accelerator touma is fighting the church for the first time so that's why I had index II after Accelerator lol
Also thnx xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 10, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Jan 22, 2010

131 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 9, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

throwaway513846 - Jan 15, 2010

153 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 9, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

UnknownFact - Jan 2, 2010

170 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 9, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

throwaway513846 - Dec 25, 2009

225 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 9, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.