Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 18, 2022 4:35 AM
May 2022
If You want to watch it chronologicly then that is the correct order plus it really helps to get you hooked cuss the 2006 Stay night is a bit hard to sit through. You May be a bit confussed at the begining but its all going to Come together
JivemeanameMay 18, 2022 4:40 AM
May 18, 2022 4:53 AM

Jan 2021
KP_SENSEI said:
offcrack said:
if by "fandom nerd" you mean person who took 2 minutes to figure out how the story is laid out then yeah I'm the "fandom nerd" I'm sorry for using common sense o great one

common sense? a vn is 100 hrs long and anime is 24×20=480 minute(8hrs),cant u see the difference?u took 2 minute to figure this out right?well,experience prevails,it took me months.

the vn is 60 hours, plus alot of people get hooked while reading it so they just forget its that long
Read the visual novel nerd
May 18, 2022 4:59 AM

Aug 2020
KP_SENSEI said:
offcrack said:
if by "fandom nerd" you mean person who took 2 minutes to figure out how the story is laid out then yeah I'm the "fandom nerd" I'm sorry for using common sense o great one

common sense? a vn is 100 hrs long and anime is 24×20=480 minute(8hrs),cant u see the difference?u took 2 minute to figure this out right?well,experience prevails,it took me months.
it takes a simple google search to see the route progression of the vn as well as seeing that zero is a spinoff, not part of the mainline series, which i think you dont need to see or read the entire series to figure out
May 18, 2022 5:19 AM
Apr 2022
zero s1 & s2
el melloi s1 & s2
stay night ubw s1 & s2
stay night heaven
May 18, 2022 5:22 AM

Jul 2021
The order you're using is fine, I watched in that order too

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
May 18, 2022 6:09 AM
Nov 2020
Stacias said:
Sure.

1. Fate/stay night 2006
2. Fate/stay night UBW
3. Fate/stay night UBW 2nd Season
4. Fate/stay night Heaven’s Feel I
5. Fate/stay night Heaven’s Feel II
6. Fate/stay night Heaven’s Feel III
7. Fate/Zero
8. Fate/Zero 2nd Season

Or you can watch Fate/Zero first, it’s up to you.

I agree with this list, it feels like it's every day that this question is asked regarding the Fate franchise. Heaven's Feel hit hard and it would of hit harder if hadn't had Fate/Zero in the back of my mind. I would say it's not a big spoiler but ye, it kinda is. For someone whose not in deep already in Fate or nasu-verse works, this is a good order
May 18, 2022 6:18 AM

May 2021
offcrack said:
KP_SENSEI said:

it takes a simple google search to see the route progression of the vn as well as seeing that zero is a spinoff, not part of the mainline series, which i think you dont need to see or read the entire series to figure out

Huh?spin off??a Spin off is an alternate retelling,f/z is a constant prequel to all the 3 routes.i guess the fate route came first,in both formats,and is SUPPOSED to be consumed in this order,but the 2006 adaptation is BAD,and anyone,even if they do not have google,can figure out an order which is Actually enjoyable,and not confusing,i hope u understand.
May 18, 2022 6:35 AM

Aug 2020
KP_SENSEI said:
offcrack said:

Huh?spin off??a Spin off is an alternate retelling,f/z is a constant prequel to all the 3 routes.i guess the fate route came first,in both formats,and is SUPPOSED to be consumed in this order,but the 2006 adaptation is BAD,and anyone,even if they do not have google,can figure out an order which is Actually enjoyable,and not confusing,i hope u understand.
due to character inconsistencies and contradicting events even nasu himself said zero can't be considered part of the mainline fsn timeline and should just be looked at as one of the possible ways the 4th hgw could have happened rather than a direct prequel

Also you're missing a massive piece of the story if you skip out on saber route because it's supposed to give you the most "neutral" shirou serving as a contrast to the two extremes he diverges into in the next two routes
offcrackMay 18, 2022 6:42 AM
May 18, 2022 7:03 AM

May 2021
offcrack said:
KP_SENSEI said:

due to character inconsistencies and contradicting events even nasu himself said zero can't be considered part of the mainline fsn timeline and should just be looked at as one of the possible ways the 4th hgw could have happened rather than a direct prequel

Also you're missing a massive piece of the story if you skip out on saber route because it's supposed to give you the most "neutral" shirou serving as a contrast to the two extremes he diverges into in the next two routes

Yeah,i know,but again,these changes and transitions are too subtle for a first timer to notice,once u watch the entirety of the franchise,u will stil appreciate either way.
May 18, 2022 8:11 AM
Mar 2022
H0rs_e said:
I am planning to watch the fate series in this order.
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2
3. fate stay night (2006)
4. Fate stay night Unlimited Blade works S1 (2014)
5. Fate stay night Unlimited Blade works S2 (2015)
6. Fate stay night movie: Heaven's feel - presage flower (2017)
7. Fate stay night movie: Heaven's feel - Lost butterfly (2019)
Is this a good order if i want to watch in chronological order with important plot? pls tell me if i need to add anything or remove anything

Personally, I don't consider Fate/Zero a prequel but more a "what happened in the 4th Holy Grail War" since there's some inconsistencies between this one and the Stay Night saga; it should be watched as a spinoff more than a direct prequel.
May 18, 2022 8:40 AM
Sep 2020
I suggest you watch fate zero first since it has spoilers if you care about it. The rest, doesn't matter what you watch first.
May 18, 2022 10:04 AM

Jul 2017
skip 2006 adaptation, if you want to watch it, do it after watching everything else and skip the first half.
May 18, 2022 12:25 PM

Aug 2020
KP_SENSEI said:
offcrack said:

Yeah,i know,but again,these changes and transitions are too subtle for a first timer to notice,once u watch the entirety of the franchise,u will stil appreciate either way.
some arent so subtle particularly if youre binging and, well, just their existence classifies it as a spinoff, no way around that one
May 18, 2022 10:09 PM
Aug 2021
there is no watching order šŸ˜…
May 18, 2022 11:02 PM

Mar 2020
Daninokuni said:
Aruchemist said:
If you want chronological order then it's right, but Fate/Zero is a prequel spin-off and it was not meant to be watched first. Still up to you though.

Yep. In fact, Fate stay Night happens around a "mystery" to be solved. If Zero is watched first, you already know what mystery is.

But if you watch Stay Night first, you will know how Zero ends. You have to spoil something.

I don't think that really matters for Zero because, as a prequel, you're supposed to know how it ends before you even start, the enjoyment comes from trying to see how things get to that point and from the "bomb under the table" effect because you know how things will end up but the character don't.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

12 by AustinJamB »»
3 hours ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.