Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 17, 2022 7:01 AM
Nov 2021
I am planning to watch the fate series in this order.
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2
3. fate stay night (2006)
4. Fate stay night Unlimited Blade works S1 (2014)
5. Fate stay night Unlimited Blade works S2 (2015)
6. Fate stay night movie: Heaven's feel - presage flower (2017)
7. Fate stay night movie: Heaven's feel - Lost butterfly (2019)
Is this a good order if i want to watch in chronological order with important plot? pls tell me if i need to add anything or remove anything
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 17, 2022 7:06 AM

May 2021
If you want chronological order then it's right, but Fate/Zero is a prequel spin-off and it was not meant to be watched first. Still up to you though.

May 17, 2022 7:11 AM

May 2021
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2
Is this a good order if i want to watch in chronological order with important plot? pls tell me if i need to add anything or remove anything

its the right chronological order
you should watch in this
May 17, 2022 7:13 AM
Jun 2021
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2

Thats a good order. You did miss heavens feels 3 spring song at the end though. Also the og stay night can be hard to get through so if you are really struggling just drop and move of the ubw.
May 17, 2022 7:13 AM
Aug 2021
Sure.

1. Fate/stay night 2006
2. Fate/stay night UBW
3. Fate/stay night UBW 2nd Season
4. Fate/stay night Heaven’s Feel I
5. Fate/stay night Heaven’s Feel II
6. Fate/stay night Heaven’s Feel III
7. Fate/Zero
8. Fate/Zero 2nd Season

Or you can watch Fate/Zero first, it’s up to you.
May 17, 2022 7:25 AM
Oct 2021
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2

this is the right order but Cartoons 2006 will be hard visually see I advise you to see the fin😅
May 17, 2022 7:33 AM

Jan 2021
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2

i strongly reccomend reading the visual novel before anything else
dont start with zero as it spoils some major things for stay night
btw theres 3 HF movies

the reccomended order would be UBW>HF>Zero
(you could watch 2006 before ubw tho its not a that good, but its the only way to experience one side of the story, and it does a decent job setting up the world)
salad77May 17, 2022 7:47 AM
Read the visual novel nerd
May 17, 2022 7:35 AM

Mar 2021
I recommend watching Fate zero last, yes it is a prequel but its not meant to watch first also its darker than stay night itll make the fifth holy grail war looks like a child play in comparison to the forth, its perfect to watch after the 3 heavens feels movies, at least for me
May 17, 2022 7:41 AM
Dec 2021
Fate/Stay Night 2006 is lag, I recommend the Visual Novel
May 17, 2022 7:41 AM
Aug 2021
It is ok but add the third heaven's feel movie
May 17, 2022 7:49 AM
Jun 2021
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2

this is how i watched it and enjoyed it a lot. zero really explains the tournament well. however it does spoil a couple parts of stay night routes because it is indeed a prequel
May 17, 2022 7:50 AM
Dec 2020
I started with Fate/Zero too so it shouldn’t be a big deal. If you look anything up to get context or explanation of the magic system (because it is very complicated) be very wary of spoilers.
May 17, 2022 7:51 AM

Nov 2021
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2

Watch in this order, you will not get spoiled of other routes

2006 (visuals/animations are not great but imp in terms of saber character)
UBW
HF (all 3)
Zero.

After that you can watch spin offs or anything else.
grand order, Apocrypha etc.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
May 17, 2022 7:51 AM
Jul 2021
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2

and watch apocrypha and grand order
May 17, 2022 8:14 AM
Jan 2021
how i watched it...

Fate Zero
Fate Stay Night UBW
Fate Stay Night Heavens Feel
Fate Stay Night VN for the Fate Route

i had very little problems watching it like this.
May 17, 2022 8:47 AM

Jan 2018
Always follow release order. But this order can work too if you want to easily get into the Fate/series.
May 17, 2022 9:47 AM

Apr 2016
Aruchemist said:
If you want chronological order then it's right, but Fate/Zero is a prequel spin-off and it was not meant to be watched first. Still up to you though.

Yep. In fact, Fate stay Night happens around a "mystery" to be solved. If Zero is watched first, you already know what mystery is.

But if you watch Stay Night first, you will know how Zero ends. You have to spoil something.
May 17, 2022 9:47 AM

May 2017
There’s also HF 3. The order is good, but I don’t think the 2006 FSN is worth watching
May 17, 2022 9:54 AM

May 2021
Yeah,this is the best one
May 17, 2022 10:00 AM

Aug 2020
The only order is reading the visual novel OR starting with the 2006 anime into UBW and Heaven's feel, aka how the routes are in the VN. Zero isn't even canon to the FSN timeline, I'd struggle to even explain to you why you should watch it in the first place let alone why you should watch it before the actual series it spins off of.

Aruchemist said:
El-Psy__Congroo said:
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2

you should watch in this
SparCy said:
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2

Thats a good order. You did miss heavens feels 3 spring song at the end though. Also the og stay night can be hard to get through so if you are really struggling just drop and move of the ubw.
somil_singh26 said:
itadoriyuji5 said:
I started with Fate/Zero too so it shouldn’t be a big deal. If you look anything up to get context or explanation of the magic system (because it is very complicated) be very wary of spoilers.
joshawatt360 said:
how i watched it...

Fate Zero
Fate Stay Night UBW

shedevri said:
its all cool and fine. u can skip the deen adaptation if u want to , but its up to you.
KP_SENSEI said:

please refrain from talking about things you have no clue about in the future, thanks
May 17, 2022 10:02 AM

May 2021
offcrack said:
The only order is reading the visual novel OR starting with the 2006 anime into UBW and Heaven's feel, aka how the routes are in the VN. Zero isn't even canon to the FSN timeline, I'd struggle to even explain to you why you should watch it in the first place let alone why you should watch it before the actual series it spins off of.

Aruchemist said:
El-Psy__Congroo said:

you should watch in this
SparCy said:

somil_singh26 said:
itadoriyuji5 said:
joshawatt360 said:
how i watched it...

Fate Zero
Fate Stay Night UBW

shedevri said:
its all cool and fine. u can skip the deen adaptation if u want to , but its up to you.
KP_SENSEI said:

please refrain from talking about things you have no clue about in the future, thanks

Here comes the fandom nerd,objectivity blurrs away as u immerse yourself into something,i hope u get it one day and will stop sounding condescending then :)
May 17, 2022 10:05 AM
Jun 2021
KP_SENSEI said:
offcrack said:

Here comes the fandom nerd,objectivity blurrs away as u immerse yourself into something,i hope u get it one day and will stop sounding condescending then :)
how was I being condescending, all I said is that if he finds og stay night hard to get through just move on? Nothing about that is condescending.
May 17, 2022 10:06 AM

Aug 2020
KP_SENSEI said:
offcrack said:

if by "fandom nerd" you mean person who took 2 minutes to figure out how the story is laid out then yeah I'm the "fandom nerd" I'm sorry for using common sense o great one
May 17, 2022 10:06 AM

May 2021
SparCy said:
KP_SENSEI said:

how was I being condescending, all I said is that if he finds og stay night hard to get through just move on? Nothing about that is condescending.

not u dawg,i am talking about the guy who quoted everyone and attempted to establish superiority.
May 17, 2022 10:08 AM

May 2021
offcrack said:

Aruchemist said:
El-Psy__Congroo said:

you should watch in this
SparCy said:

somil_singh26 said:
itadoriyuji5 said:
joshawatt360 said:
how i watched it...

Fate Zero
Fate Stay Night UBW

shedevri said:
KP_SENSEI said:

I clearly have clue what this is about. As I've said before Zero is a prequel spinoff and not meant to be watch first. You have said this either. Please refrain from contradicting yourself in the future, thanks. In the end it's up to him how he wanted to watch it, not like anyone could force him.

May 17, 2022 10:09 AM
Jun 2021
KP_SENSEI said:
SparCy said:

not u dawg,i am talking about the guy who quoted everyone and attempted to establish superiority.
ah shit sry man. I saw someone quotes me I i thought it was you. Nevermind.
May 17, 2022 10:13 AM
Feb 2022
i don't even know that
May 17, 2022 10:18 AM

Jan 2021
offcrack said:

Aruchemist said:
El-Psy__Congroo said:

you should watch in this
SparCy said:

somil_singh26 said:
itadoriyuji5 said:
joshawatt360 said:
how i watched it...

Fate Zero
Fate Stay Night UBW

shedevri said:
KP_SENSEI said:

man you are giving vn readers a bad rep
May 17, 2022 10:55 AM
Mar 2021
bro just watch it in the release order, this "perfect" order shit will ruin your brains and joyment
May 17, 2022 11:05 AM
May 2021
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2

Watch the heaven's feel 3 movie also and your order is absolutely correct but you don't have to watch 2006 fate/stay night, it was made by deen with dogshit animation quality and if you want more from fate franchise then watch fate/grand order and fate/apocrypha.
May 17, 2022 11:07 AM

Jan 2021
Sand_bag said:
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2

Watch the heaven's feel 3 movie also and your order is absolutely correct but you don't have to watch 2006 fate/stay night, it was made by deen with dogshit animation quality and if you want more from fate franchise then watch fate/grand order and fate/apocrypha.

is 2006 anime quality the only thing people care about when thinking about fsn 2006
May 17, 2022 11:23 AM

Aug 2020
shedevri said:
offcrack said:

pls.
there is nothing wrong with starting with f/z. its literally an anime watching order, its the easiest route and just bc it doesn't obey whatever rules yall got/isn't the best experience in your opinion doesn't mean they should spend 60 hour visual novel or a 24 ep anime which clearly isn't well adapted.

"please refrain from talking about things you have no clue about in the future, thanks"
ok fate expert

guess what i have watched it too with the same order and here i am still loving the series??

and stop, people like you should stop making the watching route seem so complicated bc its not.

like no one cares if you start it with vs, zero or deen 2006 one first. it'll not be hard to understand after you watched sakura's and rin's route. and ZERO especially.

if you love saber, you can watch her route or play the visual novel.

i admit saber route is the best but vs and deen(im once again saying) aren't essential to watch. they are optional.

+ there is no right watching order.
start your post with "saber route isn't essential" next time so i dont have to waste my time reading the rest. an order does exist, its how the routes go in the novel because its how the story got presented there as a narrative, after which you watch whatever spinoffs you want.
salad_farded said:
offcrack said:

just trying to stop people from listening to secondaries from mal and reddit i'm sure that's understandable
May 17, 2022 11:32 AM

Jan 2021
offcrack said:
shedevri said:

pls.
there is nothing wrong with starting with f/z. its literally an anime watching order, its the easiest route and just bc it doesn't obey whatever rules yall got/isn't the best experience in your opinion doesn't mean they should spend 60 hour visual novel or a 24 ep anime which clearly isn't well adapted.

"please refrain from talking about things you have no clue about in the future, thanks"
ok fate expert

guess what i have watched it too with the same order and here i am still loving the series??

and stop, people like you should stop making the watching route seem so complicated bc its not.

like no one cares if you start it with vs, zero or deen 2006 one first. it'll not be hard to understand after you watched sakura's and rin's route. and ZERO especially.

if you love saber, you can watch her route or play the visual novel.

i admit saber route is the best but vs and deen(im once again saying) aren't essential to watch. they are optional.

+ there is no right watching order.
start your post with "saber route isn't essential" next time so i dont have to waste my time reading the rest. an order does exist, its how the routes go in the novel because its how the story got presented there as a narrative, after which you watch whatever spinoffs you want.
salad_farded said:

just trying to stop people from listening to secondaries from mal and reddit i'm sure that's understandable

i understand what you mean its just the way you phrased it
May 17, 2022 11:40 AM

Aug 2020
salad_farded said:
offcrack said:

i understand what you mean its just the way you phrased it
zero fans are way too self righteous about the mistake they made not being a mistake (ironically just like the main character of their show), using kind phrasing just doesn't work out w/ them in my experience
May 17, 2022 11:58 AM
Feb 2021
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2

That is the right order, but it’s better if you watch unlimited blade works first then zero, and stay night 2006 is practically the same thing as unlimited blade works but it’s Saber’s route and kinda super boring so drop it if you feel like it. The rest of the Fate franchise kinda doesn’t need to be watched in any order other then what you stated.
May 17, 2022 12:29 PM

Aug 2020
shedevri said:
offcrack said:
zero fans are way too self righteous about the mistake they made not being a mistake (ironically just like the main character of their show), using kind phrasing just doesn't work out w/ them in my experience
"please refrain from talking about things you have no clue about in the future, thanks" was so unnecessary and wrong you can't deny it bc these people do know about fate and u r trying to act like ur Superior to them or smth. if the OP really cared about the watching order, there are countless threads like this on reddit and MAL and he would've checked there, and acknowledged that its fine watching in that order.

and u saying that they either have to read the VN or watch deen's one first is just wrong.

whether they start from zero or deen's, it doesn't matter, both r right.
kek no if someone knew shit about fate they'd know there is only one order and that is the route progression of the visual novel and that those are the only adapted series canon to the fate stay night main timeline. you citing mal and reddit just proves my point that you and the rest of the zerobabies are just autofellatioing your dunning kruger in this thread, now read the visual novel before replying to me again i dont wanna waste further time with a secondary of your sort
May 17, 2022 12:39 PM

Mar 2017
Rule no.1 of fate: never ask the watch order.

Jk lol. I personally prefer going:
Stay night UBW
Zero
Heavens feel
Stay night 2006 optional

Mostly because i watched zero before the HF movies came out. However, i do like getting the contrast and story between zero and UBW while UBW is fresh.

But im sure zero can go after HF too or smth.

Honestly, watch it however you want.
_ecchiman_May 17, 2022 12:42 PM
May 17, 2022 12:57 PM

Oct 2021
I haven't read any of the previous reply's to this thread, but if you want to actually get in to the series and fully understand the story, the only way is to read the visual novel.
There is no alternative.

If you don't care at all about the story and just want to see a bunch of cool fights then by all means; start with zero.
But you should know that most people who start with zero eventually end up regretting it when they try to get in to the rest of the series
May 17, 2022 1:39 PM
Jan 2021
I started with Zero, and found the fate series amazing.
May 17, 2022 2:45 PM

May 2021
If you want to read the 15-20h Fate route of the Fate Stay Night Visual Novel (which is the best way to start the Fate Universe story wise), you can continue with Fate UBW anime, Fate HF movies and end with Fate / Zero anime and experience the Greek tragedy at it's best. After that you can also read the rest of the FSN Visual Novel and the Light Novels of F/Z, both being brilliant. This is the more canon watch order, preferred by Visual Novel fans.

If you aren't that much into reading long stories and more into anime. You can do your watch order with some modifications ( F/Z -> FSN UBW -> FSN HF -> F/Z). It's best to ignore the existence of FSN 2006, it didn't age well and it's pretty much a waste of time nowadays. If you start with Fate / Zero you should rewatch it after Heaven's Feel movies so you can truly feel the weight of the character's decisions knowing how it will all end. This is an easier watch order for beginners, Fate / Zero explains the basics of the Holy Grail War better than the later anime adaptations and it's much faster paced than the first route of the VN, tho some VN fans might hate this watch order because it "spoils" some details from FSN routes, but I don't find them massive enough that you can't enjoy the routes, they are mostly details about the main families in the story.
luckyowl10May 17, 2022 2:49 PM
May 17, 2022 5:09 PM
Mar 2021
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2

It's perfect, continue watching in this order. i also watched in this order. now I am watching other alternative Fate stories like Fate/Grand order and moe version of fate series.😅 You can check out these after completing main fate story line.

May 17, 2022 5:23 PM
Nov 2021
that's actually exactly how I watched it, only I didn't see any of the movies
May 17, 2022 5:52 PM
Sep 2021
It's really a toss up whether you want to watch Fate/Zero before or after the Stay Night series. I've read a lot of conflicting opinions stating that Zero spoils Stay Night and vice versa. Having watched all of them, I think it's completely up to you. I personally watched Zero, Stay/Night, UBW, then Heaven's Feel and enjoyed experiencing the story in chronological order.
In terms of personal enjoyment... I feel the original Stay/Night is the weakest and can definitely be a slog to get through, as it feels extremely dated (and not in a nostalgic way). The Heaven's Feel movies felt the most disjointed to me based solely on the ridiculous amount of cringey fan service (borderline H at times)...it just didn't seem necessary, as the other series have almost no fan service and it adds nothing to the story. HF does have a lot of back story about certain characters that makes them well worth watching though. Zero and UBW (for me) are both masterpieces and I can't choose my favorite, as they are both among my favorite shonens of all time. My wife and I even named our new kittens Rin and Sakura 😻

May 17, 2022 6:03 PM

Jun 2021
yes this is the best order
May 17, 2022 6:14 PM
Nov 2018
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2

i did that, people are triggered from hearing ypu say that, just start ubw then go zero later

the fanbase that shits on me is too strong, you dont want to join being shitted on for no reason

i enioyed it, i understood most of the parts, people just shit on you for doing the "wrong" thing
May 17, 2022 9:03 PM
Mar 2021
Every week there's a post like this
May 17, 2022 10:51 PM
Jun 2021
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2

It’s up to you! I started with fsn ubw then watched hf then zero but there isn’t really a proper answer. I like both orders
May 17, 2022 11:44 PM
Sep 2020
H0rs_e said:
1. fate zero S1
2. fate zero S2

There are 3 heaven's feel movies so i recommend you also watch the last one, and the prologue of unlimited blade works is the first episode of unlimited blade works it is 50 minutes long as is the first unlimited blade works episode so to sum it up the first 2 episodes you watch of unlimited blade works should be around 50 minutes.
May 18, 2022 12:59 AM

Aug 2017
I recommend going to the reddit post for the watch order if you just google it
May 18, 2022 2:07 AM

May 2021
offcrack said:
KP_SENSEI said:

if by "fandom nerd" you mean person who took 2 minutes to figure out how the story is laid out then yeah I'm the "fandom nerd" I'm sorry for using common sense o great one

common sense? a vn is 100 hrs long and anime is 24×20=480 minute(8hrs),cant u see the difference?u took 2 minute to figure this out right?well,experience prevails,it took me months.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

12 by AustinJamB »»
31 minutes ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.