Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 1, 2022 6:07 AM

Nov 2010
What anime from the Spring 2022 season are you planning to watch?

I still haven't caught up with all the anime I'd like to see, but I'm sure I'll get around to the ones I want to watch at some point. Same as last season I've continued to read webtoons, manhwa and manhua moreso than watching anime. I mostly spent my time catching up on the webtoon Eleceed, Tales of Demons and Gods manhua and light novel version, and reading a few other things here and there. For anime from the previous season, Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru (My Dress-Up Darling) was a really enjoyable watch with great animation, and of course Demon Slayer is always pretty amazing.

I feel like there is always quite a few sequels each season I look forward to, and this season is no different. There are also a couple anime being adapted from manga that I've read a bit of. I think I'm mostly looking forward to the sequels coming out this season, rather than anything new.

The series airing this season I will likely check out include:
  1. Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. 2nd Season (Komi Can't Communicate 2nd Season)
  2. Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season (Ascendance of a Bookworm 3rd Season)
  3. Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic (Kaguya-sama: Love Is War - Ultra Romantic [3rd Season])
  4. Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Heart (Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It r=1-sinθ [2nd Season])
  5. Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san (Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie)

I'll definitely be checking out Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. 2nd Season, but I still need to get around to watching the 1st season. I really like Ascendance of a Bookworm, so seeing a 3rd season finally come out is great. It's a lot slower paced compared to most isekai, with more worldbuilding and less fighting, but I find that to be rather fun to watch. It's one of the isekai's I've been enjoying the most, alongside That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime. I've read a bit of Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san, so it will be cool to see it animated now, but I'm not as hyped about it as I was with Sono Bisque Doll last season. I'm sure it will still be enjoyable show to casual watch. Science Fell in Love will be interesting to see where the 2nd season goes. I felt the 1st season wrapped up well enough, so it makes me a little worried on what this season will actually have, but I'm definitely still interested in watching it to find out.

I don't have any anime to continue from previous seasons:
Most anime I've been interested in seem to be just lasting a single season lately, with sequel seasons coming out later.

Other anime I may check out based on ratings/reviews include:
  • Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 (The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2)
  • Spy x Family
  • Aharen-san wa Hakarenai (Aharen Is Indecipherable)
  • Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story
  • Kakkou no Iinazuke (A Couple of Cuckoos)
  • Ao Ashi
  • Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu (Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs)
  • Tomodachi Game (Friends Game)
  • Dance Dance Danseur
  • Love All Play
  • Deaimon

I listed quite a few, but I doubt I'll get around to most of these. Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 is definitely one of the bigger anime coming out this season, but I honestly am not looking forward to it much. It just doesn't interest me nearly as much as other anime of similar genre, such as even Ascendance of a Bookworm, which is also airing this season. I don't really know what to make of Spy x Family, but it seems the manga is decently rated, and there is some hype around it, so maybe I'll check it out. Aharen-san wa Hakarenai is another that I've read some of, but only a few chapters. I'm not sure how excited I am for it, but it might be alright as another series to casually watch. I also really enjoy sports anime, so I may end up checking out Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story, Ao Ashi and Love All Play if they end up being rated decently.

As far as movies/specials go:
  • Yuukoku no Moriarty OVA
  • 5-toubun no Hanayome Movie
  • Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san Movie
  • Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Dragon Ball Super Movie 2)

5-toubun no Hanayome and Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san are both series I haven't watched their most recent season for, but I'm still planning to do so.
Twitch: Pokey26
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 6, 2022 9:20 PM

Jul 2017
I'm feeling pretty wishy-washy this season. Not my greatest period of motivation to watch anime, maybe this will change after I finish Elden Ring :D I'm in agreement that this feels like a "wait and see" season for the most part.

I feel very sorry for the hype bros this season. What are they going to watch? With no AoT or Demon Slayer, or any significant new action-type series.

What am I going to watch this season?

-Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic
-Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season
-Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume
-Spy x Family

Kaguya-sama and LL are very much known quantities for people who are watching them, and I'm very happy to have new seasons for them both. Machikado Mazoku S1 was fairly simple, but good character interactions made it enjoyable, and it's easy viewing. Spy x Family is the only new series I plan to watch from the start this season, I don't know anything about it, just going off hype and that it it looks a bit different than what we normally get in the anime world.

What I might watch based on public reaction/friends feedback?

-Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2
-Kaginado Season 2
-Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san
-Aharen-san wa Hakarenai
-Summertime Render

With regards to Shield Hero, I thought S1 at least started off interesting. After the main guy collected his harem it became very dull. I hope S2 does something to up the stakes or take the story in an interesting new direction. I don't have high hopes.
I think Summertime Render is a wildcard this season. It could be either really good or really bad. The manga is completed and supposedly they are going to do a complete adaptation in 25 episodes. It is also set to be on Disney+, which is interesting.

Others

-5-toubun no Hanayome Movie
-Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Final
Apr 22, 2022 3:00 PM

Nov 2010
Spy x Family seems to be doing really well, so I'll end up checking that out now. I couldn't really tell just from the trailers, but seeing a bit more of it, it looks pretty good.
Twitch: Pokey26
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Spring 2024 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Mar 28

0 by Pokey26 »»
Mar 28, 7:19 PM

» My Recap of the Winter 2024 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Mar 28

0 by Pokey26 »»
Mar 28, 1:56 PM

» Winter 2023 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Jan 10, 2023

0 by Pokey26 »»
Jan 10, 2023 7:31 AM

» Webtoons

Pokey26 - Jun 24, 2022

1 by Pokey26 »»
Jan 7, 2023 1:55 AM

» Winter 2022 Anime Season

Pokey26 - Jan 20, 2022

7 by Pokey26 »»
Apr 1, 2022 6:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.