Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 29, 2022 7:01 AM
Jul 2018
Can I watch Fate/Zero first without problems? I am actually not interested to watch fate series at all. I only want to watch this just to prove if the controversial Gen Urobuchi is an acceptable writer or a shitty one. Maybe I actually like this one, who knows?
Mar 29, 2022 7:12 AM

Jan 2017
bnp said:
Can I watch Fate/Zero first without problems?

If you only watch Zero , then yes.
If you plan to watch the rest , then it's a bad idea as it'll spoil you almost all mysteries that should be unveiled little by little.
The exposition and all the huge infos dumps at the beginning will probably bore you tho.

bnp said:
I am actually not interested to watch fate series at all. I only want to watch this just to prove if the controversial Gen Urobuchi is an acceptable writer or a shitty one.

Dunno what controversy you are talking about , but we can say that he did an excellent job with Fate/Zero , except his characterization of Saber , and some details not in line with the original work.

Note that it's just an adaptation of his Novel , so judging him by reading his Light Novel and not by watching the Anime is a better idea...
Actually , i think judging him on Psycho-Pass or Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica would makes more sense , since he just used a pre-existing universe and characters for Fate/Zero...
Alexioos95Mar 29, 2022 7:15 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 29, 2022 7:13 AM
Jan 2021
Also works that way
Mar 29, 2022 7:13 AM

Aug 2017
watch what you want first no one cares. you can literally watch fate in whichever order you want or what’s available to you (if you’re not a pirate)

also recommend not talking to fate fans on discord they will literally curse at you if you say i watched with fate x then they’ll be like no that’s the wrong thing to start with.

again discord in general is a garbage chat app.
Mar 29, 2022 7:17 AM
Jan 2021
I started at Zero, and the fate series is one of my favourites now. Though, many people will tell you I started at the wrong point. Honestly, I’d say if you get borer watching it in the order you originally decide upon, just try another until you find interest. The most important thing is that you enjoy your time watching it.
Mar 29, 2022 7:17 AM
Mar 2021
I only have watched fate/zero out of whole fate franchise and my opinion -

It is so damn good, you will be able to understand everything, except the power system but it won't change your overall experience
Mar 29, 2022 7:19 AM

Nov 2021
Alexioos95 said:
bnp said:

If you plan to watch the rest , then it's a bad idea as it'll spoil you almost all mysteries that should be unveiled little by little.
The exposition and all the huge infos dumps at the beginning will probably bore you tho.

bnp said:
I am actually not interested to watch fate series at all. I only want to watch this just to prove if the controversial Gen Urobuchi is an acceptable writer or a shitty one.

Dunno what controversy you are talking about , but we can say that he did an excellent job with Fate/Zero , except his characterization of Saber , and some details not in line with the original work.

Note that it's just an adaptation of his Novel , so judging him by reading his Light Novel and not by watching the Anime is a better idea...
Actually , i think judging him on Psycho-Pass or Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica would makes more sense , since he just used a pre-existing universe and characters for Fate/Zero...

Bruh you are legend, every time when someone ask regarding this franchise, you always here to help. 👍

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Mar 29, 2022 7:21 AM
Jun 2021
bnp said:
Can I watch Fate/Zero first without problems? I am actually not interested to watch fate series at all. I only want to watch this just to prove if the controversial Gen Urobuchi is an acceptable writer or a shitty one. Maybe I actually like this one, who knows?

Yeah you can. As a massive fate fan I’m kinda disappointed that you don’t want to watch anything else in the series but you do you i guess.
If you do like it and plan on watching other fate series after this then watch everything ufotable has adapted in release order( zero -> ubw -> hf) and then watch anything else in the fate series if you feel like it, but the rest isn’t they great unless you are a big fan of the series.
Mar 29, 2022 7:25 AM

Aug 2020
Read the visual novel and if you can't do that watch the fate stay night route adaptations (FSN 2006, UBW and heaven's feel movies in that order) before consuming any spinoff content. You can even skip zero after finishing the FSN adaptations, it isn't canon to the FSN timeline (it's not a proper prequel) and doesn't do much except commit character assassination on amazing established characters

Urobuchi is a hack, read saya no uta to see him at his best but fuck off from the fate franchise if you're just gonna watch zero
Mar 29, 2022 7:27 AM

Jan 2017
itsrj20 said:
Bruh you are legend, every time when someone ask regarding this franchise, you always here to help. 👍

I try to be the more active possible on the forums of series i loved , to help the potential fans to understand things they don't.
It's particularly notable on Fate , because everyone has many questions , but the fans just confuse them with little to no explanations.

I also try to help a maximum of peoples in the "Help identify..." , "Which chapter after Anime ?" , "What about the translations ?" & "Add this Manhwa !" threads.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 29, 2022 7:30 AM

Jan 2021
bnp said:

if you only watch zero then i guess go ahead
but if you wanna get into fate dont start with it
Read the visual novel nerd
Mar 29, 2022 7:32 AM

Jan 2021
Yes I also watched F/Z first and it was totally fine.
No matter what order you use, F/Z is still the best fate.
Mar 29, 2022 7:36 AM
Jan 2021
I watched zero first and had no issues
Mar 29, 2022 7:39 AM
Oct 2020
Alexioos95 said:
bnp said:

bnp said:

This comment is on point. Look no further OP
Mar 29, 2022 7:45 AM

Mar 2020
bnp said:

don't start with Zero, it needs some preexisting knowledge of the series and (because its meant to be watched last) spoils alot of the plot twists in Fate/Stay Night

Mar 29, 2022 8:09 AM

May 2021
zero>Ubw>heaven's feel>Stay night.
Mar 29, 2022 8:21 AM
Jul 2019
I made the mistake of watching it first (only after the old original stay night) and I hated fate zero, especially the first season, so make of that what you will.
cringeylazyMar 29, 2022 8:26 AM
Mar 29, 2022 8:25 AM
Mar 2021
bnp said:

Watch Order:
1. Fate/Zero (2 seasons)

2. Fate/Stay Night - It is divided into three different routes

Fate Route- 2006 version.Watch it in the last because it dosent have good animation and you can skip if you want.

Rin's Route -Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works (ufotable) 2 seasons and ignore the movie version(studio deen).

Sakura's Route- Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel (movie trilogy)

Some people start directly from Fate Stay Night but Fate Zero is the beginning of Fate Series.It's up to you which you want to start first.
It is the one of the my favourite Fentesy anime i ever watched. I am currently watching this series.😅
Mar 29, 2022 8:27 AM
Jul 2019
RezarR said:
bnp said:

Watch Order:
1. Fate/Zero (2 seasons)

Fate Route- 2006 version.Watch it in the last because it dosent have good animation and you can skip if you want.

Rin's Route -Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works (ufotable) 2 seasons and ignore the movie version(studio deen).

Some people start directly from Fate Stay Night but Fate Zero is the beginning of Fate Series.It's up to you which you want to start first.
It is the one of the my favourite Fentesy anime i ever watched. I am currently watching this series.😅

Fate Zero wasn't the start of the series though. That Visual Novel came out after Fate Stay Night. That's why (as others have already said) Fate Zero spoils plot points for Fate Stay Night.
Mar 29, 2022 8:29 AM

Jan 2021
RezarR said:
bnp said:

Watch Order:
1. Fate/Zero (2 seasons)

fate zero is not the begginig, stay night is
Mar 29, 2022 8:30 AM
Mar 2021
cringeylazy said:
RezarR said:

Watch Order:
1. Fate/Zero (2 seasons)

Fate Zero wasn't the start of the series though. That Visual Novel came out after Fate Stay Night. That's why (as others have already said) Fate Zero spoils plot points for Fate Stay Night.

Bro don't you think i am well aware of that. I given a best watch order to watch Fate series most enjoyable way and fans can understood the story well. If you not that big of fan of Fentesy anime i would recommend you to only watch those made by ufotable.
Mar 29, 2022 8:39 AM

Jan 2021
RezarR said:
cringeylazy said:

Bro don't you think i am well aware of that. I given a best watch order to watch Fate series most enjoyable way and fans can understood the story well. If you not that big of fan of Fentesy anime i would recommend you to only watch those made by ufotable.

its not the most enjoyable order because there are alot of people who start with zero and the drop ubw because its not an edgy mess

zero gives you the wrong idea of what fate is about
Mar 29, 2022 8:43 AM
Mar 2021
salad_farded said:
RezarR said:

its not the most enjoyable order because there are alot of people who start with zero and the drop ubw because its not an edgy mess

zero gives you the wrong odea of what fate is about
Bro didn't you read my post completely. I said it's upto you how you want to watch. I only give my recommendation here. Don't think what most of the people did or do, do what you want to do. Based on other peoples intrest don't like or dislike an anime or anything.
Mar 29, 2022 9:21 AM
Nov 2020
Cestlavie_ said:
I REPEAT WATCHING FATE ZERO FIRST
Is like watching The whole Grisha backstory before starting AOT
it's a prequel/backstory
U don't watch that first,

I do see how you can view that way, but that’s a very weird take, solely because watching Fate/Zero first won’t ruin any type feelings for the series to an extent vs Grisha backstory which AOT built up too a point in the story, and then slapped the viewers in the face with a massive story change. Fate/ Zero is more like a story that gives more details, especially because throughout the Stay Night route, the events of Zero is kinda told throughout.
Mar 29, 2022 9:23 AM

Aug 2020
Well Fate/Zero can be very confusing and boring without watching at least UBW or Fate/Stay Night 2006.
Mar 29, 2022 9:47 AM
Mar 2021
Tyraq said:
Well Fate/Zero can be very confusing and boring without watching at least UBW or Fate/Stay Night 2006.

I have only watched fate/zero so far, and it is not even a little boring, and if you keep aside the power system then nothing is confusing at all
Mar 29, 2022 9:51 AM

Aug 2020
Khushal_v said:
Tyraq said:

I have only watched fate/zero so far, and it is not even a little boring, and if you keep aside the power system then nothing is confusing at all

Of course what I said doesn't apply to everyone but most of the people I know have gotten very confused and bored when watching Fate/Zero first because of the large amount of exposition.
It can be very hard to keep up with all the info dump if you're not familiar with the Stay Night cast and story, even the author, Gen Urobuchi, admits it.
Mar 29, 2022 10:16 AM
Dec 2021
So far I've watched fate in this order and had no problems at all:-
1. Fate/Zero 2 seasons
2. Fate/Stay night prologue episode 0
3. Fate/Stay night 2 seasons
i haven't watched the three movies that come after this but pretty sure its the proper order
4. Fate/Stay night heaven's feel(3 movies)
Mar 29, 2022 10:18 AM
Dec 2021
Khushal_v said:
Tyraq said:

Trust me I had the same problem i found the 1st season of fate/zero a bit boring but its just the premise istg season 2 is just amazing its absolutely worth it
Mar 29, 2022 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
Fate Zero can easily be seen as a standalone. I recently watched it and it was amazing, now I eagerly picked up UBW. One friend, a huge fan of the entire franchise, recommended me this order.
Mar 29, 2022 2:37 PM
Jan 2021
i watched fate/zero first, yeah, it's one of those things where it doesnt matter wether we you watch the original or the prequels first, just know that one will spoil the other. i didnt like stay night so i'm glad i watched zero first
Mar 29, 2022 4:21 PM

Mar 2011
Started with Zero. It made me a massive Fate fan. I regret nothing.
Mar 29, 2022 9:22 PM
Mar 2021
Yes you can I did and didn’t really feel it spoiled anything for me
Mar 30, 2022 5:02 AM

Jan 2021
truth999 said:
Yes you can I did and didn’t really feel it spoiled anything for me

i mean of course you didnt feel spoiled since the spoilers are in the first 2 episodes and most of them are major plot twists for stay night

Zero basically uses them to set up its own story
salad77Mar 30, 2022 6:57 AM
Mar 30, 2022 8:23 AM

Jul 2021
bnp said:

you want to watch something to prove somebody is a shitty writer..?
Mar 30, 2022 2:43 PM
Apr 2020
As someone who has watched A LOT of fate properties, Zero is the best in my opinion. I shoulda stopped there before diving so deep I just watch Fate content compulsively.
Mar 31, 2022 4:32 PM

Apr 2016
If you watch Zero and next Stay Night, you'll already know the great mystery the plot of Stay Night is developed around.

If you watch Stay Night and next Zero, you'll already know what is gonna happen at the end of Zero.

So, just in my opinion... you can watch first whatever you want to watch first.

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

12 by AustinJamB »»
Yesterday, 1:44 PM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.