Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 13, 2022 9:44 PM
Mar 2022
So, after going through the threads on here, it seems like that everyone is against Sara’s decision to keep her unborn child despite being raped by numerous Hellywood soldiers. And that this series has a pro life message forced into it. Do you think it would have been better if she aborted it? And does that really undermines her character?
Jul 6, 2022 4:26 PM
Feb 2022
Because of how insanely stupid it is. Not only was it stupid for her to remain in Hellywood where resources are running out fast and she won't be able to take care of herself, let alone her child, but it was also stupid for her to keep the damn fetus alltogether.
Jul 13, 2022 2:56 PM

Nov 2013
Gonna be that one guy who isn't against her decision to keep the child.

I was more shocked with her decision to stay in the new world, but I wouldn't call it stupid either.

We don't know much about Sara's past. It's highly unlikely her life was worse before coming to this world, but I assume it wasn't all nice either. Otherwise, she wouldn't hesitate going back to the loving family.

Abortion isn't an easy decision. Today, they may make it look morally right and "nothing special", but every woman should think hard before making that decision.
At the end of the day, it was Sara who decided to keep the baby.
Babies are innocent, even if the father is a monster. The woman that got wounded and died, told Sara not to hate the kid because of the crimes of the father.
Sara decided to spare the new life so I don't know why I should dislike her. It's way "easier" to just do the abortion, saving own life (she's young so she may die while giving birth), sparing self from the "burden" of raising a child.
It's admirable that Sara chose the harder path.
Since she has to raise a kid, it also makes sense why she'd decide to stay. Returning back home pregnant after being missing for a while. Either way her life would never be the same anymore.
Jul 15, 2022 9:51 PM

Jan 2011
from what i read at the comments most people hated that a fetus conceived from rape d be allowed to live, i am as pro choice as it gets so im fine with Sarahs decision, there was no good or bad decision in that situation in my opinion
even her decision of staying in a dying world can be understood when one stops to think about the trauma that she just went through
Sep 1, 2022 9:02 PM

Mar 2020
the pro-life message is the only thing I don't like about the series

didn't spoil my enjoyment tho, if I downrated every series based on every view of the author I disagreed with my average score would be 1/10
Jun 21, 2023 5:30 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Personally I don't think there is a pro-life message here. I know it kind of seems like it but when the doctor finds out she's pregnant he puts out that if they were to do an abortion it would have to be soon for ease of her. Sis doesn't even tell her to keep the baby, she only says that if it's brought into the world to not resent the child for the vile actions that were done to her, "nobody comes into this world wanting to be rejected by it's mother." honestly teared me up.

Sara chooses to keep the baby not out of guilt but because she's grown to see a better future for not only herself but a life she can bring into the world. Which is obviously inspired by Sis taking her in.

More topics from this board

» Curious about the title….

Eykosca - Nov 28, 2023

1 by ErogakiPatches »»
Dec 1, 2023 1:38 AM

» How good would you consider the ending and characters? Would you guys consider this wasted potential?

_Arc4n1_ - Apr 25, 2021

10 by Eykosca »»
Nov 28, 2023 4:01 PM

» What a great main character!

Dd5 - Sep 3, 2022

10 by Dd5 »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:35 AM

Poll: » Now and Then, Here and There Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 2, 2008

185 by mal_user_2022 »»
Oct 1, 2023 2:57 PM

Poll: » Now and Then, Here and There Episode 1 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 31, 2008

49 by dspr »»
Aug 31, 2023 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.