Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 9, 2022 12:10 PM
Oct 2020
The fights are cool but it's really hard to keep up with everyone's relationships and motives so I'm just a bit confused. Do the other fates have different plot lines and stuff? Should I keep watching or do they all feel like this ?
Mar 9, 2022 12:31 PM
Nov 2021
TheBeesSteeze said:
The fights are cool but it's really hard to keep up with everyone's relationships and motives so I'm just a bit confused. Do the other fates have different plot lines and stuff? Should I keep watching or do they all feel like this ?

yeah they do have different plots so I think you should
Mar 9, 2022 12:37 PM
Nov 2019
if you started fate not knowing where to go, then you need immediate help my friend.
to super summarize the answer: storylines are different but they kinda play off of one another so i'd recommend finishing zero then watching the other main 3 (the 3 stay night routes) to get the whole picture
Mar 9, 2022 12:45 PM

Jan 2021
All of them do to a certain degree, but Fate/Zero leans in comparatively more in that regard.
Mar 9, 2022 12:48 PM
Jul 2019
Zero should be the one you watch after you watched every at least one of the three paths and the VN. If you don’t want to play the VN, then you watch FSN (Studio Deen; not recommended by many) which is Saber’s route, then UBW (forgot whose route), then HF (Sakura’s route). After watching these, then you’ll understand why certain masters got assigned certain servants. Zero is also to learn more about the backstory of the main plots and about the motives of the servants themselves.
Mar 9, 2022 1:20 PM
Dec 2020
Try and stick with it. It’s worth it to stick with it, Fate/Zero is great. If it’s complicated u can always try to write down like a flow chart or relationship map or something I’ve had to do that before and it does help with complicated series. Zero was also my first dive into the Fates so stick with it, you can do it.
Mar 9, 2022 1:44 PM
Oct 2020
itadoriyuji5 said:
Try and stick with it. It’s worth it to stick with it, Fate/Zero is great. If it’s complicated u can always try to write down like a flow chart or relationship map or something I’ve had to do that before and it does help with complicated series. Zero was also my first dive into the Fates so stick with it, you can do it.

thanks for the help I read all these replys and I think I will keep going with the series. if i keep feeling out of the loop after s2 and the next fate installment then I will give this the full rewatch
Mar 9, 2022 2:29 PM

Mar 2021
Fate/zero is a little different to the other fates.
Mar 9, 2022 2:40 PM
Nov 2018
I did not watch all fate series but i kinda liked more the fate zero but not bcs i started with it. The story was nicer, the fights got a very powerfull combinations between swords and colors.
Mar 9, 2022 4:50 PM

Mar 2011
Fate/Zero's the best of the franchise. Stick with it.
Mar 9, 2022 5:23 PM
Jul 2019
Read the wiki. Read the wiki. Read the wiki. If there's something you don't get, read the wiki.
Mar 9, 2022 9:51 PM

Sep 2021
the first season of fate/zero is ass
its just exposition after exposition after exposition its so boring it gets good in the second season tho
the first season they just beat us over the head with all this info that it gets fucking boring
Mar 10, 2022 5:41 AM
Mar 2017
Relationships?Motives? you sure you are watching the right anime? Emiya doesn't have anything but friends in most versions, and all of them want their selfish wish granted or they just don't want an evil person to get the wish. Out of all the thing I would say these are the easiest thing to understand.
Mar 10, 2022 6:22 AM

Jan 2021
ickoriss said:

id have to disagree it being the best but sure
Read the visual novel nerd
Mar 10, 2022 6:30 AM

Mar 2011
salad_farded said:
ickoriss said:

How dare two people have a differing opinion lol.

I'm guessing you're an advocate for UBW? I love that series too. I just love how grim Zero is.
Mar 10, 2022 6:32 AM

Jan 2021
ickoriss said:
salad_farded said:

I'm guessing you're an advocate for UBW? I love that series too. I just love how grim Zero is.

oh no your fine with liking zero its just the fate fandom hates when people call zero the best one lol
Mar 10, 2022 6:52 AM

Mar 2011
salad_farded said:
ickoriss said:

oh no your fine with liking zero its just the fate fandom hates when people call zero the best one lol
Yeah, you're right. I used to get a lot of shit for that when I was really involved with FGO. Someone made fun of me for collecting all the Zero servants lol.
Mar 10, 2022 6:56 AM

Jan 2021
ickoriss said:
salad_farded said:

Yeah, you're right. I used to get a lot of shit for that when I was really involved with FGO. Someone made fun of me for collecting all the Zero servants lol.

fgo is the definition of hell
Mar 10, 2022 7:03 AM

Mar 2011
salad_farded said:
ickoriss said:

I spent over four grand on that game before I finally realized I had a problem. Not my proudest moment. Had a god-tier account at least lol.
Mar 10, 2022 7:05 AM

Jan 2021
ickoriss said:
salad_farded said:

I spent over four grand on that game before I finally realized I had a problem. Not my proudest moment. Had a god-tier account at least lol.

that is alot of bobux spent on a silly gacha game
Mar 10, 2022 7:33 AM

Mar 2011
salad_farded said:
ickoriss said:

that is alot of bobux spent on a silly gacha game
You're telling me, man. I had to cold turkey that shit and nuke my account to make sure I couldn't go back lol.
Mar 10, 2022 7:38 AM

Jan 2017
TheBeesSteeze said:

Well , Fate/Zero is a Prequel so it heavily rely on what you are supposed to learn by watching the 3 Routes of Fate/Stay Night. (2006 Anime , Unlimited Blade Works TV & Heaven's Feel Trilogy)

Those 3 Routes does have a differents plot lines and stuffs , but they can be seen as similar , since Fate/Zero regroup all the flashbacks that reveals mysteries used in the 3 Routes.
They all have very different tones tho , the 2006 Anime being a romantic story , Unlimited Blade Works an epic one , and Heaven's Feel an horror one. (By the way Fate/Zero is an horrific tragedy)

But since you already started Fate/Zero , you'd better just finish it or drop it , since it spoil like 80% of the mysteries of the 3 Routes , in which 60% of them right into the 45 minutes Episode 1...
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 10, 2022 8:23 AM

Feb 2019
TheBeesSteeze said:

The other Fate/ instalments have different plotlines, and most are thankfully not as deplorable as /Zero.

If you haven't already, read the Visual Novel, that'll provide a much better basis for the franchise and how the relationships of the cast are normally written.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Mar 10, 2022 10:26 AM

Mar 2020
just watch fate zero
then fate unlimited bladeworks
then heavens feel(this one is my fav)
these are the ones that are definitely worth your time
if u get more interested in the franchise,then u can watch the other fate related stuff
I watched fate in this manner and honestly didn't had any problems understanding stuff much.
Mar 10, 2022 2:20 PM
Apr 2020
TheBeesSteeze said:

yea all have different relationships and plotlines but fate zero is a prequel to the events that take place in the other fate routes..So like how saber doesnt like kiritsugu she likes shirou.I hope that kinda answers stufff lol.Also keep watching its fun asf
Mar 12, 2022 12:19 AM
Dec 2021
TheBeesSteeze said:

Yeah most of the fate adaptions are just different routes from the visual novel. Pretty much resets relationships and events happen differently.

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

11 by filthyfrank8142 »»
3 hours ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.