Forum Settings
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What?
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 19, 2022 11:20 AM

Aug 2012
I do not recommend anyone to read this before watching the anime or reading the novels.

I made the mistake of doing so because I wasn't enjoying the other perspectives that the anime shows, but they're all definitely worth it in the long run because they add a lot of impact and explanations to the story.
The manga ONLY shows the spider's perspective of the story, leaving some stuff unanswered and removing the impact from the manga.
Please watch the anime, its worth it and covers around the first 53 chapters of the manga.

Hopefully we get a season 2, I don't want to read the light novel but if nothing else gets adapted it might be my only choice hahaha
Jan 23, 2022 12:34 PM

Mar 2013
I read this and dropped the anime since it is badly adapted even with those scores imo. While we have our different preference, I'd like to say Kumoko in the manga is actually more entertaining to read than watching the anime

In my case, I regretted watching the anime. lol

Still, I don't even know where'd you get that "the manga only shows Kumoko's perspective", weird.

CrazyButNot4UJan 23, 2022 12:37 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 23, 2022 1:11 PM

Aug 2012
astralkill00 said:
I read this and dropped the anime since it is badly adapted even with those scores imo. While we have our different preference, I'd like to say Kumoko in the manga is actually more entertaining to read than watching the anime

Still, I don't even know where'd you get that "the manga only shows Kumoko's perspective", weird.

What are you on about, i watched the anime and read the manga last week.
It literally only shows Kumoko's perspective, this is not a debatable aspect of the manga.
And its not even just in the present timeline, Sophia's perspective is also fully cut as well, we literally see the entire story from Kumoko's eyes only which cuts a lot of important stuff in the story itself.
Yes the point of it is to actually be chronological and yes I do agree that I prefer Kumoko in the manga.
However, the point of the story is not just Kumoko and the anime actually does the whole thing, it may not be the best adaptation ever but the story is far more interesting than just seeing Kumoko. And i don't even like the other characters that much, I just want to enjoy the light novel adaptation as much as I can.

I do still recommend the manga though, just after watching the anime (OR the light novel)
Jan 23, 2022 2:05 PM

Mar 2013
Shidoteki said:
astralkill00 said:

What are you on about, i watched the anime and read the manga last week.
It literally only shows Kumoko's perspective, this is not a debatable aspect of the manga.
And its not even just in the present timeline, Sophia's perspective is also fully cut as well, we literally see the entire story from Kumoko's eyes only which cuts a lot of important stuff in the story itself.
Yes the point of it is to actually be chronological and yes I do agree that I prefer Kumoko in the manga.
However, the point of the story is not just Kumoko and the anime actually does the whole thing, it may not be the best adaptation ever but the story is far more interesting than just seeing Kumoko. And i don't even like the other characters that much, I just want to enjoy the light novel adaptation as much as I can.

I do still recommend the manga though, just after watching the anime (OR the light novel)

I mean, yeah. It shouldn't be just Kumoko's perspective but the other characters as well.

What are you on about,

I was talking about why are you talking about the manga only shows Kumoko's perspective, while I did enjoy the manga quite well, reading your message made me realized some info that I haven't grasped all too well, thanks.

Because, I just might find some spoilers in the anime that might make me feel troubled while I am enjoying the manga. I prefer to only watch the anime until only after the manga surpassed the anime but since I'm clueless... :v
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 23, 2022 2:10 PM

Aug 2012
astralkill00 said:

I was talking about why are you talking about the manga only shows Kumoko's perspective, while I did enjoy the manga quite well, reading your message made me realized some info that I haven't grasped all too well, thanks.

Because, I just might find some spoilers in the anime that might make me feel troubled while I am enjoying the manga. I prefer to only watch the anime until only after the manga surpassed the anime but since I'm clueless... :v

The issue is that, the manga passed the anime a few weeks ago.
But only the Kumoko perspective, the other part might take some years to get to since the manga is suuuuuper slow.
I recommend you to either read the light novel(something i dont like doing) or watch the anime and wait for a second season. Because the manga took i think 7 years to reach this point hahahaha
Jan 23, 2022 6:43 PM
Jun 2021
Shidoteki said:
astralkill00 said:

The issue is that, the manga passed the anime a few weeks ago.
But only the Kumoko perspective, the other part might take some years to get to since the manga is suuuuuper slow.
I recommend you to either read the light novel(something i dont like doing) or watch the anime and wait for a second season. Because the manga took i think 7 years to reach this point hahahaha

And it is still cutting non-Kumoko contents and at that point where new characters are introduced it's a reeeaaally bad thing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 68 Discussion

Jesse-kun - Feb 8

2 by daywithoutgames »»
Mar 1, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 67 Discussion

Jesse-kun - Dec 14, 2023

3 by mimimilk »»
Feb 4, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 63 Discussion

Jesse-kun - Mar 9, 2023

5 by daywithoutgames »»
Jan 19, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 66 Discussion

Jesse-kun - Sep 25, 2023

1 by Dariux_GG »»
Nov 11, 2023 7:16 PM

Poll: » Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 65 Discussion

Jesse-kun - Jul 20, 2023

1 by qwertyMrJINX »»
Oct 11, 2023 1:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.