Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 6, 2010 1:38 PM
Aug 2007
Here's the deal:
You and some buddies form a team of Soku Players, it can be whatever the number, let's say 3-4 players per team is the rule of thumb. Teams won't be locked, meaning that the participants can scramble at any given time. The matches can play out however the team members desires, we can say one on one is the rule of thumb in this case, i.e. the quantity of match-ups equals to the quantity of players in each team. When there's two or more assembled teams, the one team can challenge the other whenever the time, and a date will be set between the two teams. In other words: this won't be concidered official club events, it'll be 100% internal between the teams in question.

There will only be one official rule: all participants in the teams brawling must be gathered at the same time when there's an event, and all matches must be played out at that time, i.e. every event is meant to be short and sweet.

Other than that, the teams brawling can decide upon using any other set of rules as desired, be it modes, restriction or whatever comes to mind, e.g. free for all (every team member plays each other), random only, no spell cards, direct hosting only,etc. The premise is that all and every member on each team agrees on using whatever rule in question.

I could write down a ton more about how this could play out, and how cool it sounds, but first I want some feedback. Good idea, bad idea, meh?

Here's some additional ideas, if this gets populare:
- keeping score for every team wins (additional rules may apply)
- every team can create their own image (name, banner, slogan, etc.)
- canon team-ups (teams consisting of canon allies, e.g. Scarlet Devil Mansion, Magic Forest, Hakurei Shrine)
...and the list goes on.

---------------------------

Events

Mock-up:
inactiveuserApr 10, 2010 6:11 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 6, 2010 4:21 PM

Mar 2009

good idea, bad for those, who are solely playing ppl like komachi or iku (looking at you for iku, shine.) if we make the canon allies. yes. nobody cares though, I like that idea. too bad we have so few from the netherworld :x

the scorekeeping would only be somewhat useful if the teams get prizes though. if not I don't see much use of scores. nand sice this isn't considered an offical club event prizes are...not appropriate. maybe I'm thinking too much

uh...I'm focusing on the additional stuff, main idea:

very nice. team brawl events make everything more fun, like this even weaker players can taste victory (lol). etc etc just because I'm lazy

I give my seal of approval
Apr 6, 2010 7:10 PM
Aug 2007
That's good to hear. We can debate the little details back and forth for an eternity, which is what makes this concept rather fun - it's open and free for creativity and whatnot, unlike strict, linear tournaments.

First comes first, though: we need all the player support we can get if there's going to be any fun of it at all.

Key in this idea is social, unformal and quick action.

I've got a couple of videos illustrating the concept rather nicely:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9535972
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9010949
Apr 7, 2010 4:45 PM

Oct 2007
for those of you who don't have a nico video account, use this site:

mmcafe.com/nico

just go to that site and put the link on the search bar.

Suggestion:

teams are not locked meaning you can reshuffle team members so everyone gets to team up with everyone else :3

edit:
oh, and this isn't limited to 2 teams. Any number of teams may participate and duke it out against each other. Last team standing wins. Number of participating teams decides whether this thing is single or double elimination.
Lucy-ojousamaApr 7, 2010 4:53 PM
Apr 8, 2010 3:16 AM
Aug 2007
^ What Lucy said.

Everyone is of course free to make any kinds suggestions.
Apr 9, 2010 8:08 AM

Jan 2009
sounds like heaps of fun, oh i just wish if i could play you guys without laggin :<
Needs more Drill Hair.
Apr 9, 2010 4:57 PM

Oct 2007
okay so there were a lot of people on IRC today so we decided to hold a mock team brawl. there were 3 brawls in total. each team consisted of 4 members but this may change in the future. so yeah, this event doesn't have to be planned. all you have to do is have enough people in IRC and ask the people if they want to team brawl. then you can set the rules, the teams, and the order of players on the spot.

Brawl 1:

Team USA [mickcy, epyon, lucy, soundeffect] vs Team Europe [sakurei, kouma, sitha, su]

Rules:
-- single elimination
--1 match
--characters locked (lol)
--pokemon style (you keep playing until someone beats you)

matches

Brawl 2:

Team S [soundeffect, sakurei, silberkralle, sitha] vs Team M [mickcy, mmSu, jackslade, iPooponpigeons]

Rules:
-- single elimination
--1 match
--characters locked (lol)

matches

Brawl 3:

Nanako Says Yes [sitha, silberkralle, lucy] vs Nanako Says No [iPooponpigeons, kouma, su]

Rules:
-- single elimination
--best of 3 matches
--player may change chars

matches

the sitha vs iPoop matches in Brawl 3 are still missing :|.

Okay people. Get hype!!!
Lucy-ojousamaApr 9, 2010 5:01 PM
Apr 9, 2010 5:27 PM

Mar 2007
The extremely hype Sitha vs iPoop replays can be found here
Apr 9, 2010 7:16 PM

Aug 2008
yea! wherever sitha and poop is, thats where hype is!

i like these. i would come out a lot more for these little things :D i missed the spring tourney by like a day, lol. went to sactown for spring break, i got back the day after it started. iWas =(

very fun and simple. get a bunch of people, form teams, form rules, then play!
../|,-‘`¯¯`(o)_,----,,,_………..LUE 402: There is no
( `(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : :o `-, ….cure for cancer.
Apr 10, 2010 5:58 AM
Aug 2007
Without doubt it was a success. I made the thread a sticky, and I'll edit in all match-ups in the first post. In later occasions we can form more formal team-ups and match-ups, and otherwise keep it simple and fun. Everyone decides!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Dead Club?

MFahim - Aug 6, 2015

0 by MFahim »»
Aug 6, 2015 5:13 PM

» This club is dead? Let's Play!

Escuto - Oct 26, 2012

0 by Escuto »»
Oct 26, 2012 7:24 PM

» 12.3 MAL tournament (3)

Kouma - Jun 16, 2011

17 by Kouma »»
Jul 24, 2011 5:16 AM

» Who is your fav/best character? V2

inactiveuser - Sep 11, 2009

46 by -Yatagarasu- »»
Jun 26, 2011 4:52 AM

» Random sparring / net play ( 1 2 )

Wintermute_ - Dec 14, 2008

52 by Bipolar_Chibi »»
May 22, 2011 12:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.