New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2022 3:38 AM
Feb 2021
As long as you watch fate zero and ubw before heavens feel it doesn't matter
Feb 5, 2022 4:07 AM

Mar 2011
Fate/Zero -> Unlimited Blade Works -> Heaven's Feel

You can watch the others in any order after that, since they're all alternate universe or whatever. I didn't list the original Stay Night because I don't think it worth watching and has aged poorly.
Feb 5, 2022 6:50 AM

May 2019
Ohno not the forbidden question.
But I recommend F/zero -> F/UBW or the old stay night -> F/HF and then everything else you want to watch. But I would watch F/GO at last. Welcome to hell
Feb 5, 2022 8:57 PM
Feb 2021
This is my first forum . I wanted to know if starting from fate/Staynight 2006 spoils anything because i heard that watching UBW and zero spoils some things . so is Staynight same as them does it spoil anything or it is safe series to start . I am hyped to start the series but I don't want spoilers .
Feb 5, 2022 9:14 PM

Jan 2021
Everything spoils everything else, you're not avoiding that. My recommendation is to start with Zero, then move on to Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel. Haven't seen the 2006 show, so I can't speak on it.
Feb 5, 2022 9:16 PM
Oct 2020
Mimoh_24 said:
This is my first forum . I wanted to know if starting from fate/Staynight 2006 spoils anything because i heard that watching UBW and zero spoils some things . so is Staynight same as them does it spoil anything or it is safe series to start . I am hyped to start the series but I don't want spoilers .

This is a really good guide from the offical subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/df8rvo/rfatestaynights_official_viewing_order_guide_v2/

2006 isn’t recommended because they mixed many of the routes together so it will spoil things from way later. My recommendation is to read that guide, it explains it well
Feb 5, 2022 9:16 PM
Feb 2021
johneaston said:
Everything spoils everything else, you're not avoiding that. My recommendation is to start with Zero, then move on to Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel. Haven't seen the 2006 show, so I can't speak on it.
Thank you for your answer
Feb 5, 2022 9:17 PM
Feb 2021
Mq84jdk said:
Mimoh_24 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/df8rvo/rfatestaynights_official_viewing_order_guide_v2/

2006 isn’t recommended because they mixed many of the routes together so it will spoil things from way later. My recommendation is to read that guide, it explains it well
thank you i almost forgot that i heard some one saying staynight tries to mix every route thank you
Feb 5, 2022 9:20 PM
Feb 2021
Mq84jdk said:
Mimoh_24 said:

thank you i almost forgot that i heard some one saying staynight tries to mix every route thank you
Mq84jdk said:
Mimoh_24 said:

Thank you for the official guide.
Feb 5, 2022 9:21 PM
Oct 2020
Mimoh_24 said:
Mq84jdk said:

Mq84jdk said:

Mimoh_24 said:
Mq84jdk said:

Mq84jdk said:

Happy to help. Enjoy.
Feb 5, 2022 9:31 PM
Jul 2020
There is no perfect starting point if you’re just watching the anime. The only way to not get spoiled on anything is to read the visual novel (which you should do anyway, but I understand it’s a lot to ask someone to read a 100 hour visual novel when they don’t even know if they like the series yet)
Feb 5, 2022 9:37 PM
Feb 2021
Austin_Beale said:
There is no perfect starting point if you’re just watching the anime. The only way to not get spoiled on anything is to read the visual novel (which you should do anyway, but I understand it’s a lot to ask someone to read a 100 hour visual novel when they don’t even know if they like the series yet)
where can i find the visual novel. i was going to watch this with my Best friend but he is not that smart and will not understand it i have to explain it to him and I know it because i had to explain all of naruto while he was watching it so visual novel can help me to understand so i will try it
Feb 5, 2022 9:40 PM
Jul 2020
Mimoh_24 said:
Austin_Beale said:
where can i find the visual novel. i was going to watch this with my Best friend but he is not that smart and will not understand it i have to explain it to him and I know it because i had to explain all of naruto while he was watching it so visual novel can help me to understand so i will try it
It’s never been officially released outside Japan, so you have to download a rom and use a fan translation. r/fatestaynight has a guide about how to get it for whatever computer you have.
Feb 5, 2022 9:43 PM

Oct 2020
What I did was watch the Dean adaptation of F/SN, then UBW, then the HF movies and last is Fate/Zero

Feb 5, 2022 9:49 PM
Feb 2021
Austin_Beale said:
Mimoh_24 said:
It’s never been officially released outside Japan, so you have to download a rom and use a fan translation. r/fatestaynight has a guide about how to get it for whatever computer you have.
thank you will i try to find it
Feb 5, 2022 9:51 PM
Dec 2020
Mimoh_24 said:
I watched it in this order

1)Fate/zero (2 seasons)
2)Fate/UBW (2 seasons)
3) Heaven's Feel (3 movies)

... But i will recommend different order

1)Fate/UBW (2 seasons)
2)Fate/zero (2 seasons)
3 Heaven's Feel (3 movies)
Feb 5, 2022 10:22 PM
May 2021
Mimoh_24 said:

Each route has a different direction of the story, so i think it's kinda vague to call it "Spoils" to each other, however Fate/Zero do kinda Spoils for some moment in F/SN but you Will not realize it on your first watch, so i think it's just ok to watch from whichever do you want.

I watched it back then starting from zero, so the order goes like this

Fate/Zero => Fate/stay night (2006) => Fate/stay night unlimited Blade works => Fate/stay night heaven's feel

However, the intented order by the author goes like this

Fate/stay night (2006) => Fate/stay night unlimited Blade works => Fate/stay night heaven's feel => Fate/zero

The 2006 stay night is optional, if you wanna watch it then watch it, if no then it's no problem. The 2006 mixed some contents from both the UBW and HF route of the VN so it's kinda unnecessary to watch it, it is also a pretty bad adaptation to the Fate route which is what the 2006 ver meant to be. But if you want some Extra fate content, then you might wanna give it a try.

Also, if you love the series you might want to give the VN a shot, since it is much better than the animes. The ufotable adaptation was good tho, it has God tier animation and banger OSTs, but it skipped and shortened some parts from the VN. So if you want to have a deeper understanding of the stay night series, the VN is a great choice.

Sorry for my bad English, hope this'll help✌️
Feb 5, 2022 10:35 PM
Feb 2021
itz_Aditya28 said:
Mimoh_24 said:
I watched it in this order

1)Fate/zero (2 seasons)
2)Fate/UBW (2 seasons)
3) Heaven's Feel (3 movies)

... But i will recommend different order

1)Fate/UBW (2 seasons)
2)Fate/zero (2 seasons)
3 Heaven's Feel (3 movies)
Thank You for recommendation
Feb 5, 2022 10:36 PM
Feb 2021
ShreakyShiki said:
Mimoh_24 said:

Each route has a different direction of the story, so i think it's kinda vague to call it "Spoils" to each other, however Fate/Zero do kinda Spoils for some moment in F/SN but you Will not realize it on your first watch, so i think it's just ok to watch from whichever do you want.

I watched it back then starting from zero, so the order goes like this

Fate/Zero => Fate/stay night (2006) => Fate/stay night unlimited Blade works => Fate/stay night heaven's feel

However, the intented order by the author goes like this

Fate/stay night (2006) => Fate/stay night unlimited Blade works => Fate/stay night heaven's feel => Fate/zero

The 2006 stay night is optional, if you wanna watch it then watch it, if no then it's no problem. The 2006 mixed some contents from both the UBW and HF route of the VN so it's kinda unnecessary to watch it, it is also a pretty bad adaptation to the Fate route which is what the 2006 ver meant to be. But if you want some Extra fate content, then you might wanna give it a try.

Also, if you love the series you might want to give the VN a shot, since it is much better than the animes. The ufotable adaptation was good tho, it has God tier animation and banger OSTs, but it skipped and shortened some parts from the VN. So if you want to have a deeper understanding of the stay night series, the VN is a great choice.

Sorry for my bad English, hope this'll help✌️
Thank You for your answer
Feb 5, 2022 11:10 PM

Aug 2017
this is the watch order: your mom
Feb 6, 2022 12:04 AM

Aug 2020
I don't reccomend watching Fate/Zero as even the author would say that it's very confusing and/or boring without knowing anything about Stay Night.
I'd reccomend
Fate/Stay Night 2006 (optional as it's a pretty bad adaptation)
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works TV
Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel
Fate/Zero
Feb 6, 2022 2:15 AM
Jul 2019
Think about it. If Fate/Zero was released after Stay/Night and UBW, what makes you think that that’s the way the author intended for you to watch Fate/Zero first?

It’s a prequel, not the first. It’s like the Star Wars trilogy: you watch episodes 4, 5, and 6 before you watch 1, 2, and 3 because 4-6 came out first.

You’d think it’s bad for UBW to spoil Zero, but it’s not (because it’s a PREQUEL). That’s what prequels were meant to be.
Feb 6, 2022 5:01 AM
Feb 2021
RulyKinkajou59 said:
Think about it. If Fate/Zero was released after Stay/Night and UBW, what makes you think that that’s the way the author intended for you to watch Fate/Zero first?

It’s a prequel, not the first. It’s like the Star Wars trilogy: you watch episodes 4, 5, and 6 before you watch 1, 2, and 3 because 4-6 came out first.

You’d think it’s bad for UBW to spoil Zero, but it’s not (because it’s a PREQUEL). That’s what prequels were meant to be.
thank you for explanation. I could use that while explaining it to my friend
Feb 6, 2022 5:03 AM
Feb 2021
Tyraq said:
I don't reccomend watching Fate/Zero as even the author would say that it's very confusing and/or boring without knowing anything about Stay Night.
I'd reccomend
Fate/Stay Night 2006 (optional as it's a pretty bad adaptation)
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works TV
Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel
Fate/Zero
Thank you i will watch stay night 2006 and i am going to play vn. Its hard to download it
Feb 6, 2022 6:28 AM

Aug 2021
Mimoh_24 said:
the 2006 version will spoil some things. I wouldn’t recommend watching it though because it’s regarded as the worst way to start with the fate franchise since it’s visuals and pacing are lackluster to say the least. I would start with Fate Zero, then watch Unlimited bladeworks + it’s sunny day OVA then watch the 3 heavens feel movies.
Feb 7, 2022 6:17 PM
Jul 2019
Mimoh_24 said:
RulyKinkajou59 said:

thank you for explanation. I could use that while explaining it to my friend

Yeah. Just remember to watch anything you watch in release order if it’s your first time because that’s how it was meant to be.
Feb 9, 2022 1:36 AM

May 2020
Starting with Zero spoil major plots in HF and Fate route. Starting with Stay Night spoils minor plots in UBW and HF. So it is obvious which one to choose
Feb 9, 2022 1:52 AM

Jun 2020
F/SN 2006
F/SN UBW
F/SN HF
F/Z

This is the order I watched it in and imho the best possible order
This anime shit is addictive
Feb 10, 2022 12:12 AM
Sep 2021
The order I am watching

Fate Zero Season 1

Fate Stay night(2006)- Saber

Fate zero Season 2

Fate UbW(Ufotable Series)- Tokasa

Fate Heavens feel 1- Sakura
Fate heaven's feel 2- Sakura
Fate heaven's feel 3- Sakura

Fate Heaven's feel is pretty dark and has the best route and ending(PERSONAL CHOICE). THE ENDING OF FATE UBW, I DIDN'T LIKE IT VERY MUCH, THE ENDING IS PREETY GOOD BUT NOT BEST FOR ME.
Feb 10, 2022 4:37 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
Merged multiple threads to this thread.
Feb 14, 2022 1:45 PM
Mar 2021
What order i must to watch whole series Fate?
Feb 14, 2022 1:57 PM
Apr 2020
Valikk said:

Look up Gigguk fate video on YouTube
Feb 14, 2022 2:02 PM

Sep 2020
Valikk said:

just watch Fate stay night (first 2006, then UBW, then Heaven's Feel), and Fate Zero (Spin off prequel, why it's considered as a spin off? because even though it's HGW4, 10 years before FSN events, but the plot doesn't same as HGW4 from what FSN VN tells, the HGW4 on Fate Zero events are totally different from the original HGW4 on FSN)
Every living being is a slave to something.
Askeladd, Vinland Saga.
Feb 14, 2022 2:07 PM
Jul 2019
Always watch release order for the first time for anything. Why didn’t author release it by chronological order then? Because it’s a prequel meant for those who’ve seen the earlier films/shows. It’s like Star Wars trilogy. 4, 5, 6 then 1, 2, 3. Not 1,2,3,4,5,6 or else it wouldn’t make sense.

The spoilers for Zero don’t matter, because it’s a prequel, where you’d already know. It’s only to give more story and background to the characters (and world building).
Feb 14, 2022 2:12 PM
Nov 2020
Valikk said:

Watch gigguks video on it
Feb 14, 2022 2:12 PM
Mar 2021
Ahmed_Alkautsar said:
Valikk said:

just watch Fate stay night (first 2006, then UBW, then Heaven's Feel), and Fate Zero (Spin off prequel, why it's considered as a spin off? because even though it's HGW4, 10 years before FSN events, but the plot doesn't same as HGW4 from what FSN VN tells, the HGW4 on Fate Zero events are totally different from the original HGW4 on FSN)
I see that UBW have two season and two movies.......i mean i must watch first the seasons then both movies or the firt season then both movie after second season?
Feb 14, 2022 2:15 PM

Sep 2020
Valikk said:
Ahmed_Alkautsar said:

I see that UBW have two season and two movies.......i mean i must watch first the seasons then both movies or the firt season then both movie after second season?

Just watch the series version, there's 2 seasons of it. Why series version? Cuz it's full adaptation from one Route on VN named Unlimited Blade Works (UBW), even though they can't potrayed the tone and characters from VN. The movie's plot are totally rushed because they're trying to mix some plot from different route, but the fight scene is good.
Every living being is a slave to something.
Askeladd, Vinland Saga.
Feb 14, 2022 2:20 PM
Apr 2021
release order, it aint complicated
Feb 14, 2022 2:24 PM
Mar 2021
domata said:
release order, it aint complicated
I initially wanted to see it in the order that appeared but I thought it was wrong.
Anyway thanks for the advice!
Feb 14, 2022 2:33 PM

Jun 2021
fate zero
fate stay night
fate stay night unlimited blade works
fate stay night heavens feel
Feb 14, 2022 2:54 PM

Aug 2017
your mom is the chronological order
Feb 14, 2022 3:26 PM

Mar 2021
Watch it in release order.
Feb 14, 2022 3:27 PM
Jul 2019
Read the visual novels in release order…
Or watch the studio Dean animes in their release order (Stay Night, UBW movie, and Tsukihime whenever)
Then UBW’s actual anime series
Then HF movie trilogy
Fate Zero
Case Files
This one official doujin I forgot the name of that’s a slice of life with genderbent waver
Then watch whatever (Anything with Fate in the title except for fgo, which has its own order) . It doesn’t really matter at this point (until Mahoyo movie releases. Then make sure to watch that before anything else)
Kara no Kyoukai is what I’d recommend watching sometime after you’ve watched/read Tsukihime and Heaven’s Feel.
Also make sure you don’t watch Carnival Phantasm before Tsukihime.

Now for fgo…. Don’t.

but if you wan’t to then watch first order, camelot, babylonia, solomon, then the losbelt prologue. Or play the game (game sucks. I’ve hated every second of that game since I started playing it several years ago)

There are some non-nasuverse works that you can also delve into that are very loosely linked to fate that you might not know are connected, like When They Cry, 428-Shibuya Scramble, Canaan, Girls Work, Chaos Dragon, Magical Girl Nanoha, every single piece of Godzilla media, and Pili puppet drama.

Then if you aren’t an anime only weeblet you can read the visual novels and play the games/consume other media
Mahotsukai no Yohru, Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, then the Melty Blood games

Fate/Stay Night, Hollow Ataraxia, Unlimited Codes game.

Fate/Extra, Extra CCC, Extra CCC a Fox Tail (manga), Extra Record, Extella, Extella Link

Fate/Kohai Ace (manga), Gudaguda events in fgo (dont play it it fucking sucks), and Fate/Type Redline

After Case Files read it’s sequel

And I think this is a pretty basic guide for watching Fate, so yeah. Prepare to wastes a couple years consuming this.

*P.S. every fate doujin is canon because of the multiverse so take that as you will
Jay570Feb 14, 2022 3:31 PM
Feb 14, 2022 3:44 PM

Mar 2011
As others have said, look up Gigguk's fairly recent video on it.
Feb 14, 2022 3:48 PM
May 2021
Watch Zero, SN UBW, Heaven’s Feel movies
Feb 14, 2022 3:57 PM

Feb 2020
Fate/stay night
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Prologue / Episode 0
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season
Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower
Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel - II. Lost Butterfly
Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel - III. Spring Song
Fate/Zero
Fate/Zero 2nd Season

Depending on the website you watch on, seasons will likely be combined together under one listing.
This order best mimics the progression of the visual novel then zero, aka the intended way of experiencing it,
You can also go with the source material, aka the visual novel. Very good visual novel, but you will have to research and do some looking around to obtain it, I won't say more than that.

After watching Fate, there are lots of other Fate animes and material you may be interested in.
metropyramidFeb 14, 2022 4:02 PM
Feb 14, 2022 4:11 PM

Aug 2020
Fate Stay Night 2006 would be the best way to start but it's a really bad adaptation so you can skip it.
You can start from UBW and then go to Heaven's Feel or Zero.
Feb 14, 2022 4:13 PM
May 2021
RulyKinkajou59 said:
Always watch release order for the first time for anything. Why didn’t author release it by chronological order then? Because it’s a prequel meant for those who’ve seen the earlier films/shows. It’s like Star Wars trilogy. 4, 5, 6 then 1, 2, 3. Not 1,2,3,4,5,6 or else it wouldn’t make sense.

The spoilers for Zero don’t matter, because it’s a prequel, where you’d already know. It’s only to give more story and background to the characters (and world building).

but when do I watch 7, 8, and 9?
Feb 14, 2022 4:37 PM
Dec 2021
Fate/Zero
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (if you want to see Fate/Stay Night, I recommend the VN)
Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel

and then whatever you want

But some of'em are required in order as well
Feb 14, 2022 4:59 PM
Jul 2018
Watch Fate Zero then Unlimited Blade Works by studio Ufotable and then you can literally anything else in the Fate series
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

12 by AustinJamB »»
3 hours ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.