Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2021 5:12 PM
Jun 2021
Just finished the series and loved it, now want to watch the movie but can’t find it streaming (legally) anywhere (apart from Amazon.com which is no good because I’m in the UK)

Only other option is to buy the blu-ray on Amazon for £70. I don’t want to do that because a) it’s amazon, and b) it’s £70.

Anyone seen it streaming anywhere.
Jul 3, 2021 7:46 PM
Jul 2020
🏴‍☠️👈🏼
Jul 3, 2021 10:20 PM
Nov 2020
🏴‍☠️👈
Jul 4, 2021 1:25 AM
Jun 2021
Thought that might be the case. I prefer to pay my way, within reason. If it’s my only option so be it.
Jul 4, 2021 3:50 AM

Apr 2018
Winners84 said:
Just finished the series and loved it, now want to watch the movie but can’t find it streaming (legally) anywhere (apart from Amazon.com which is no good because I’m in the UK)

Only other option is to buy the blu-ray on Amazon for £70. I don’t want to do that because a) it’s amazon, and b) it’s £70.

Don't listen to the other people. Pirates are part of the reason anime isn't as big as it could be. It's available on prime video for like 2 dollars. If you don't have prime just use the free trial and cancel it.
My taste is trash. So is yours.
Jul 4, 2021 4:01 AM
Jun 2021
RoninHimura said:
Winners84 said:

Don't listen to the other people. Pirates are part of the reason anime isn't as big as it could be. It's available on prime video for like 2 dollars. If you don't have prime just use the free trial and cancel it.

I have an Amazon Prime account but because it’s on Amazon US and I’m in the UK you can’t stream it, I’ve looked. I don’t think you can even stream it if you use a vpn. There are ways around it when it comes to streaming services like Netflix where I can login on my account through a vpn and pick up US content, but Amazon will default me to the UK streaming service, I believe even if I was physically in the US it would default to the UK prime video service. If people know a way for me to stream from Amazon.com. Can you create a US Amazon account from the UK without a US credit card registered to a US address. Absolutely would prefer to pay, just not £70 for a blu-ray. Hell even if it was £20 for the blu-ray I’d probably cough up.
Jul 4, 2021 4:59 AM
Jul 2020
At the of the day, you’ll get to watch the thing you want it aint that deep and trivial. Japanese peeps watch these on TV and cinemas, Unlucky. We’re just simply tryna do the same thing. The US even have crappy laws that make UK peeps unable to watch certain content on Crunchyroll and etc so it aint really our fault. Do what u gotta do fam
Jul 4, 2021 5:41 AM
Feb 2021
bro just don't watch.
Jul 4, 2021 6:03 AM
Jun 2021
EmirDuja said:
bro just don't watch.
Yeah I’ve read there’s a lot of flashbacks in the film to the series and I won’t miss much if I don’t watch it. but I’m a bit anal retentive about watching all available seasons and movies if I enjoy an anime. I know it’s important to support the industry hence why I really don’t want to be illegally downloading it. If I want to stick to my principles I might have to accept defeat on this one.
Long shot but if someone in the UK has it on DVD or blu-ray and wants to lend it to me send me a message.
Jul 4, 2021 6:16 AM
Feb 2021
Winners84 said:
EmirDuja said:
bro just don't watch.
Yeah I’ve read there’s a lot of flashbacks in the film to the series and I won’t miss much if I don’t watch it. but I’m a bit anal retentive about watching all available seasons and movies if I enjoy an anime. I know it’s important to support the industry hence why I really don’t want to be illegally downloading it. If I want to stick to my principles I might have to accept defeat on this one.
Long shot but if someone in the UK has it on DVD or blu-ray and wants to lend it to me send me a message.
It's a big disappointment for me. I'm so excited about character's future, their relationships and how are they commemorate menma. but this shit is just a anime summary! If you want to watch, idk where you can find.
Jul 15, 2021 4:33 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
RoninHimura said:
Winners84 said:

Unfortunately, you missed the entire point. OP is in the UK and it's not available on Amazon in the UK.

One could use a VPN to mask their location, but that is also not fully legal either. At the very least it's against the terms of service of the streaming company. Never mind needing a US address, credit card, etc to sign up.

The real problem is not piracy, but greedy legal types who like to enforce stupid licensing restrictions on things. Or make licensing so expensive, so companies can't afford to license it everywhere. Because of this, people are forced to resort to piracy. Sometimes there isn't even a legal stream, or the price is too absurd to drop on a single blu-ray. Would YOU pay $97 usd for a blu-ray?

Winners84 said:

Not a stream but, there appears to be a copy of the blu-ray on ebay for about £46, which is including shipping from the US. (link) brand new from rightstufanime. I think it's absurd price still but, it is what it is.
If you happened to speak german, the german version of this blu-ray is like £20 including postage... Just no english subtitles.

Jul 15, 2021 5:28 AM
Jun 2021
quercifolia said:
RoninHimura said:

Unfortunately, you missed the entire point. OP is in the UK and it's not available on Amazon in the UK.

One could use a VPN to mask their location, but that is also not fully legal either. At the very least it's against the terms of service of the streaming company. Never mind needing a US address, credit card, etc to sign up.

The real problem is not piracy, but greedy legal types who like to enforce stupid licensing restrictions on things. Or make licensing so expensive, so companies can't afford to license it everywhere. Because of this, people are forced to resort to piracy. Sometimes there isn't even a legal stream, or the price is too absurd to drop on a single blu-ray. Would YOU pay $97 usd for a blu-ray?

Winners84 said:

Not a stream but, there appears to be a copy of the blu-ray on ebay for about £46, which is including shipping from the US. (link) brand new from rightstufanime. I think it's absurd price still but, it is what it is.
If you happened to speak german, the german version of this blu-ray is like £20 including postage... Just no english subtitles.

Thanks for the link. My German is woeful so that’s not an option. £46 is better than the £70 I first saw but I’ve come to terms with not watching the movie and moved onto the next Anime. £46 will pay for a decent single malt whiskey instead😀.
Jul 15, 2021 6:19 AM

Apr 2018
quercifolia said:

Thank you for necroing just to tell me something the op already explained and I already figured out. While simultaneously contributing nothing to the topic, you obviously missed the point of them saying they'd pay up to 20.

Piracy is not a last resort. The last resort is growing up and learning to accept what you can't change. Instead of expecting to get everything you want handed to you on a silver platter and hurting others in the process.

Go plead your piracy case to some one who cares and might pity you.
My taste is trash. So is yours.
Jul 15, 2021 11:20 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
RoninHimura said:
quercifolia said:

Thank you for necroing just to tell me something the op already explained and I already figured out. While simultaneously contributing nothing to the topic, you obviously missed the point of them saying they'd pay up to 20.

Piracy is not a last resort. The last resort is growing up and learning to accept what you can't change. Instead of expecting to get everything you want handed to you on a silver platter and hurting others in the process.

Go plead your piracy case to some one who cares and might pity you.
buddy it's not a necro if the last post was less than 2 weeks ago 😂

Also piracy is the last resort. If it's not available legally, then it's the first resort, sadly.

I have a crunchyroll subscription, and an anime lab subscription. If it's not available there, I will find somewhere else to watch it. The idiots perpetuating régional restrictions need to get with the program and realise that a) people do want to watch this stuff and b) no we won't pay $107 just for a movie. An old movie at that. And it's being sold at prices as if it was just released last month. Get outta here.

Oh and, how is it hurting a company if they didn't license it for sale in your region in the first place? They're not even bothering to sell it. So you can't claim they're "losing sales"...

Jul 15, 2021 11:22 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Winners84 said:
quercifolia said:

Thanks for the link. My German is woeful so that’s not an option. £46 is better than the £70 I first saw but I’ve come to terms with not watching the movie and moved onto the next Anime. £46 will pay for a decent single malt whiskey instead😀.

No problem. Judging by the reviews it sounds like your £46 will definitely be better spent elsewhere tbh. I haven't seen it either, probably won't bother either.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

TheTsunami - Jan 18, 2014

168 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 26, 8:56 PM

» whats better? Anohana the movie or the series?

alpha20100 - Sep 18, 2014

31 by STSayeb »»
May 4, 2023 3:16 AM

» Is it better to watch the movie or the series?

Javyer - Aug 23, 2014

6 by Laio_Oliveira2 »»
Jan 9, 2018 12:10 PM

» Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Movie plot

ryuushi - Oct 18, 2016

6 by ghostorc »»
Oct 18, 2016 1:12 PM

» Anohana 2nd Movie 2015!!

Seda1307 - Oct 20, 2014

9 by ibraheem234 »»
Aug 18, 2016 7:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.