Forum Settings
Forums
The Garden of Words
Available on Manga Store
New
May 15, 2021 12:00 AM
Apr 2021
I liked it. The chemistry between the two characters was a nice. Granted Yukari made some wrong decisions but she's not a horrible person and the guy as he becomes older has the chance to have a closer relationship with her ( I have not seen any of the other of these movies but I think the others with the same creator always end with couples having no chance of ever being together). And the scenery and setting was beautiful. What do you think of it?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 15, 2021 12:05 AM

Jul 2020
This was a really entertaining watch, but I did get really disappointed that Yukari and Takao don't end up together in the end, it felt like a scam. Makoto always makes exhilarating films, and CoMixWave has some beautiful animation demonstrated in this movie, but Makoto what are you doing, you've got to make your characters get together atleast one time.
May 15, 2021 12:20 AM

Jun 2016
feetfeetfeetfeetfeetfeetfeetfeet
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 15, 2021 12:29 AM

Jul 2014
It’s a beautiful spectacle of a film. I think that the relationship between the 2 characters was compelling but the whole feet thing certainly gave it a strange vibe.

I make trash videos on the worst app https://tiktok.com/@tivvy_
May 15, 2021 12:34 AM
Jul 2018
Overrated. Shallow characters, lack of focus, lack of character development. Has great animation and art style though.
removed-userMay 15, 2021 1:24 AM
May 15, 2021 12:55 AM
Jul 2018
To me it was fine, it wasn’t long enough for me to like the characters or even care about their feelings. The animation and soundtrack were great, but again too short of a movie for me to care about their relationship or even understand the characters.
May 15, 2021 1:23 AM
Feb 2021
It fell short, literally. This was a wonderful story told in small scale when it could've been developed further.
May 15, 2021 1:38 AM
Sep 2020
This is one of my favourite movie, not a masterpiece but it visuals and music are jaw dropping. And also this is one of the anime movie(from makoto shinkai, creator of your name and weathering with you) without a fantasy element, which is refreshing.
May 15, 2021 1:41 AM
May 2021
i cried at the end when both of them cried. the visuals were also amazing. animation style rlly means a lot to me for some reason, and if i dont like it, i cant watch it. but this one was so nice. i love the rain as well, so it helped me relate to it a little more. the two main characters were so cute together. although their ages threw me off a bit
May 15, 2021 3:16 AM

Jan 2021
It was enjoyable. One of the best movies.
May 15, 2021 5:17 AM

Dec 2020
Theo1899 said:

[Foot Fetish intensifies]

"I had a dream. Under the full moon, I was a child embraced by nostalgic warmth. But when I wake from the dream, only a vague sense of longing remains...that, too, will soon disappear with a single tear like mountain dew"

May 15, 2021 7:18 AM

Oct 2020
This movie was very much great, mainly thr animation quality is breathtakingly amazing and beautiful, whenever i see raindrops falling on the ground i remember the water drops falling scenes which are so much realistic
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
May 15, 2021 7:19 AM

Oct 2020
official_brown said:
It was pretty, but it doesn’t even touch Your Name. It was alright, a little boring towards the end and the MC kinda annoys me. But overall it was pretty good.
well it was good that your response isn't bad but bro please you are allowed to tell why is it bad or good, feel free🙂 but don't compare to any anime if it's not asked
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
May 15, 2021 8:33 AM
Nov 2020
Wasnt long enough to flesh out the characters and their relationship. Beautiful art though
May 15, 2021 8:43 AM
Nov 2020
It's a unique take on the romance genre by instilling expectations about the main characters in the viewer's mind but then completely destroying it, resulting in the calculated reaction of disappointment of the viewer. However, with a lengthy bout of crying and affected sad J-pop playing in the background during the climax, the story degenerates into CoMix's iconic melodrama and somewhat loses its sincerity and its message.
ilalocheziaMay 22, 2021 9:24 PM
May 15, 2021 2:25 PM
Aug 2019
Theo1899 said:

yeah, what he said ^
May 15, 2021 3:00 PM
Apr 2021
Surprisingly, while many people talk of the feet and some research showed me it was not completely coincidental, I actually did not notice the feet much when watching and only learned of it after reading people's comments. Even now I barely remember any emphasis on the feet.
May 15, 2021 6:24 PM

Dec 2019
I liked it, however there was not too much outside the breathtaking visuals, I did mildly like the storyline though.
May 16, 2021 3:05 AM
Apr 2020
I really appreciate the amazing detailed art and animation. It was so good it gave me goosebumps. The voice acting was pretty good. The story was meh for me but since I'm a sucker for beautifully drawn and animated anime everything else didn't affect the way I felt about this movie very much. Overall I really enjoyed it.
May 16, 2021 1:34 PM
May 2020
I wasn’t so much a fan of the story itself, I mainly watched for the artwork which I thought was absolutely breathtaking. The art was by far the best thing about this movie.
May 17, 2021 9:40 PM
May 2021
I think the artwork, music, and general mood of the movie is one of the most beautiful that I have ever seen. I have seen it three times now, so this is going to sound hypocritical when I say this. It’s weird...let’s not forget that he is 15. Period. I’m sorry but she was abusing her power even though she tried to rectify in the end. She knew what she was doing and I don’t like how the ending alluded to even the possibility of a romantic relationship. He is 15...there is really nothing else to say.
May 17, 2021 10:02 PM
Apr 2021
kikiuwu said:
I think the artwork, music, and general mood of the movie is one of the most beautiful that I have ever seen. I have seen it three times now, so this is going to sound hypocritical when I say this. It’s weird...let’s not forget that he is 15. Period. I’m sorry but she was abusing her power even though she tried to rectify in the end. She knew what she was doing and I don’t like how the ending alluded to even the possibility of a romantic relationship. He is 15...there is really nothing else to say.
thing is, it never tries to say she did the right thing. And he eventually will grow older than 15. Like when he is way past 20 he can consider a romantic relationship with her.
May 17, 2021 10:05 PM
May 2021
AoiroBlueColor said:
kikiuwu said:
thing is, it never tries to say she did the right thing. And he eventually will grow older than 15. Like when he is way past 20 he can consider a romantic relationship with her.
I mostly definitely agree with you that they didn’t try to make it seem like she was being a hero. But it is the fact that she knew that he was romantically in love with her and yet she allowed it, then backtracked, then ran to him...the idea of something happening is not subtle. But the main issue is that he in a way was being manipulated because of his age. She shouldn’t even be relying any kind of romantic feelings while he is this young. I don’t care about waiting. It’s still wrong in my opinion. This is fiction but I thought I would mention this point anyway.
May 17, 2021 10:06 PM

Aug 2018
makoto shinkai's best work, and feet.
May 18, 2021 7:38 AM
Sep 2020
It was beautiful aside from the pedophilia.
May 26, 2021 2:12 PM
Sep 2019
Incredible animation with a toilet paper script.
May 29, 2021 6:08 PM

Jul 2020
I felt like they were flexing there skills, cause it was top notch
Jun 18, 2021 7:09 AM
Dec 2018
Like another makoto sinkai movies, "ngantung bangsat" the fucc about the story is there's no fully ending, always end like makes me more curious
Jul 6, 2021 1:32 AM

Aug 2020
Strengthen said:
Overrated. Shallow characters, lack of focus, lack of character development. Has great animation and art style though.
not gonna lie this is what I was gonna say roughly

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Jul 12, 2021 8:56 AM
Mar 2021
LeEggBread said:
This was a really entertaining watch, but I did get really disappointed that Yukari and Takao don't end up together in the end, it felt like a scam. Makoto always makes exhilarating films, and CoMixWave has some beautiful animation demonstrated in this movie, but Makoto what are you doing, you've got to make your characters get together atleast one time.
Disappointed that an adult and a teenager didn’t get together
Jul 12, 2021 8:58 AM
Mar 2021
LeEggBread said:
Aug 6, 2021 12:39 AM
Apr 2021
Nitroade24h said:
LeEggBread said:
You do know he eventually will get older?
Aug 6, 2021 4:37 AM
Mar 2021
AoiroBlueColor said:
Nitroade24h said:
Dude that doesn't change anything. I can't get with an 8 year old just because they'll "eventually get older"
Aug 6, 2021 7:50 AM
Apr 2021
Nitroade24h said:
AoiroBlueColor said:
Dude that doesn't change anything. I can't get with an 8 year old just because they'll "eventually get older"
Well after he is older.
Aug 6, 2021 8:41 AM
Mar 2021
AoiroBlueColor said:
Nitroade24h said:
Well after he is older.
I'm still not going to root for an illegal realationship between an adult and a child. That's just weird.
Aug 6, 2021 10:16 AM
Apr 2021
Nitroade24h said:
AoiroBlueColor said:
Well after he is older.
I'm still not going to root for an illegal realationship between an adult and a child. That's just weird.
Wouldn't be illegal if it happens after. Nor would he be a teen anymore at that point.
AoiroBlueColorJan 7, 2022 4:19 PM
Aug 11, 2021 5:57 PM

Apr 2021
It was okay😅. I found it a bit cringe near the ending but otherwise it was fine. I’m glad they didn’t end up together and both went their separate ways but i also felt like there was a bit more that could be elaborated on during the movie

Sep 15, 2021 6:37 PM
Dec 2016
The relationship between the mcs was so annoying that i couldn't even focus on the art style. So....
Sep 25, 2021 1:53 PM
Mar 2019
Rewatched it for the second time, and this time with a little knowledge of Japanese language. This is by far my favourite Shinkai film up to this day. I’ll have to admit that I do have a little fetish on teachers-students relationship, but what I really like about this film is that it gave me fantasy and normalcy at the same time. Yes, it would be great if both protagonist ended up in an intimate relationship, but the fact that this film inserted some element of reality check is what really appealed to me. Top notch visuals, great soundtrack, classic ending song, great voice acting (of course you got the OG Hanazawa Kana), and most importantly, it’s Shinkai film😊. People sometimes refer Shinkai’s film as a cup of black coffee, where the sweet aroma hits before the bitter aftertaste. Well I guess black coffee does appeal to certain people, and perhaps I’m just one of them.
どうせ人間なんて,みんなどっかちょっとずつおかしいんだろう-雪野ゆかり
Dec 2, 2021 2:52 AM
Jan 2021
The animation was beautiful. Just didn’t feel any chemistry between the ML & FL. Didn’t understand why the ML was attracted to the FL. I guess it was too short to build rapport with the characters.
Jan 8, 2022 3:06 AM
Jan 2022
The last words of this in manga

Student: Yukino have you ever had a long distance relationship?

Yukino: That's a secret, i found my self wanting to hear his voice again
Feb 26, 2022 4:26 PM
Nov 2020
liked it. the graphics are simply amazing, very nice. the plot is also very beautiful. I also really liked the design. So I can only recommend it
Mar 18, 2022 8:51 AM
May 2021
I thought it was solid, even if it's short, there was some good development between the main 2 characters, the artstyle and animation is so good, and I really digged the ending theme, but as for the movie itself, it's a good 7, should've been a bit longer though because I was really hoping they'd show more of Yukino's past and what she really did that made the girls hate her, they just mention it, but not really show it, but I did enjoy the development with that one dude (forgot his name kinda), and it has a cool setting.
Jun 3, 2022 2:55 AM
Jan 2021
Good 45 minutes of entertainment ig, didn't sleep on it tho its just okay-ish!
Jul 10, 2022 8:13 AM
Feb 2021
Kyouma6363 said:
It fell short, literally. This was a wonderful story told in small scale when it could've been developed further.

I think you just perfectly summarized my thoughts on the movie. It was a really solid movie, but it could have been so much better if it were given more time to develop and grow.
Jul 22, 2022 11:13 AM

Nov 2020
meh movie + pedophilia ending

Jul 22, 2022 11:16 AM

Oct 2021
Excluding the animation, the story and characters are terrible.
Oct 11, 2022 1:50 AM

May 2020
I like good age-gap romance. This one is indeed a good one.

(Ignoring everyone who talks about reversing genders and their age gap)

Since dating in high school is normalised in almost every anime, the boy is not doing any kind of sin.

The only thing that hits the sore spot for people is that the woman is 12 years older than him. They probably would have been fine if she was a year or two older but 12 is unacceptable for them. Can't blame them, it's just that they don't know how to appreciate a good age-gap romance.

For me, as long as dating is fine for the younger one's age, and the two maintain a very respectable relationship, I don't mind which one of the gender is older or how old they are. The beauty of age-gap romance is the relationship they create and how they treat each other. Not even standard romance stories could beat that level of relationship. That's why I don't watch high school romance animes (both in high school).

Let's just say the beauty of love is represented very beautifully in this movie. Something most love-genred animes fail to present, and stick with cliched romance.
Jan 18, 2023 10:10 PM
Apr 2020
Worst anime I've ever seen by a long shot. Truly hot garbage with a pretty bow on top.
Apr 1, 2023 3:33 PM

Oct 2016
This anime was carried by the visuals and that's it. Boring and flat characters, a non-existent plot, and a creepy relationship between an adult and minor.
Also, gratuitous feet. I suppose anybody with a foot fetish would be pleased by it.
This movie was about as deep as a puddle and its only saving grace is that it was short. Not the worst anime to exist, but 100% overrated. If the animation wasn't gorgeous, nobody would give a crap about it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one, probably not

mydaddy - Mar 1

28 by Rayane-47 »»
Mar 6, 5:29 AM

» What if the genders were reversed?

mechian - Aug 17, 2014

29 by CLADDAN »»
Mar 1, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Kotonoha no Niwa Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SilentTruth - May 31, 2013

541 by Kvistis »»
Jan 26, 1:23 AM

Poll: » What demographic is Kotonoha no Niwa?

AnimeIs4Kidz - Feb 27, 2023

15 by DreamingK »»
Mar 6, 2023 11:08 AM

» Weathering with you or Garden of words?! ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 30, 2022

81 by Kunii »»
Apr 15, 2022 12:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.