Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2021 8:38 AM
Aug 2019
Should I watch s02-specials before watching s02 or after ?
Sep 26, 2021 1:16 PM
Dec 2013
lotus_eater said:
Should I watch s02-specials before watching s02 or after ?

Good question, unlike the first season specials these specials don't really add much to the story other than give some backstory on Hai lao. There is also mild reference to somethings that happened in the special in season 4.

As to when to watch them, you can watch it before season 4, or just before episode 10 in season 4.

But the story flows better when you watch it after episode 9 in season 2.
Sep 30, 2021 9:31 PM

Jul 2013
I think these episodes are best watched right after Season 2, before Season 3, in the same order when they aired.
These specials helps to understand Queen Medusa.
Oct 1, 2021 7:54 PM
Dec 2013
Qeckle said:
I think these episodes are best watched right after Season 2, before Season 3, in the same order when they aired.

It's both Medusa and Hai Lao's story but the story focuses heavily on Hai lao, it also flows better when you watch it after episode 9 of season 2. That's when we get some information on Hai lao and the special ends on why he's stuck in the desert, which leads into why he needs Xiao Yan to make the pill in season 2.

It feels out of place watching it after season 2 because there's no reference point, kind of how the first specials felt out of place if you watched right after season 1.
Oct 1, 2021 9:55 PM

Jul 2013
Saurna said:
Qeckle said:

It's both Medusa and Hai Lao's story but the story focuses heavily on Hai lao, it also flows better when you watch it after episode 9 of season 2. That's when we get some information on Hai lao and the special ends on why he's stuck in the desert, which leads into why he needs Xiao Yan to make the pill in season 2.

It feels out of place watching it after season 2 because there's no reference point, kind of how the first specials felt out of place if you watched right after season 1.

I don't agree with you, these specials doesn't have the same effect on the story like first specials.
These specials just helps you understand Queen Medusa and Ice Empreror motives and character.
Meantime first specials had direct connection with the story of the second season.
First specials deifinitely must be watched after season 2 episode 2 because they have direct connection with the story.
But this special is just story about what happened long ago.
So there is no big difference if you watch this after 8 episode or after 2 season.
I watched this specials after 2 season and i liked them very much.
I didn't had feeling like i don't understand something.
Oct 15, 2021 8:28 PM
Mar 2019
I Also Watched This After S2.
If You Were Watching As They Were Released You Would Not Have Had A Choice.
It Does Not Spoil Anything, Maybe A Reference Or Two Might Be Noted After Ep 9.
Anyhow, I Think This Can Pass As A Stand Alone ONA, Which You Could Still Enjoy Even If You Do Not Follow The Series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Doupo Cangqiong 2nd Season Specials Episode 1 Discussion

Confucius - Nov 22, 2021

0 by Confucius »»
Nov 22, 2021 1:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.