Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 26, 2020 6:05 PM
Sep 2007
This is probably all going to come off as rather Ranty but i got to the end of this masterpiece and realised!

I really don't get why so many people seem to like this character ???

Uses negative reinforcement anytime the MC doesn't instantly go along with her suggestion, desire her over someone else, and positive reinforcement whenever he plays along

Shes clearly taken the assassin job right from the start but has decided shes not going to have sex with the MC for whatever reason. ( man i feel like her backstory is so blank so intentionally)

Breaks the MC purely for her own amusement or sexual desire or wants to be loved desire it becomes a game of pushing the envelope a step up time and time again.

She knew full well she "owned" him by the start of Ch 7
The whole i used to be a boy thing was completly batshit insane.

I really think Ch 15-16 are what really pissed me off the most, he shows just how far he was willing to go his clear love for her in the way he notices the little things and cares for her and what does she do? Follows it up about marking his heart for life.

The selfishness breeds jealousy comment too it came too fargone. this was sort of the point for me i had decided she was just being an absolute bitch.

I really hope im not the only one who feels this much rage or extreme dissapointment with character

Mar 27, 2020 12:37 PM

May 2016
Jarzu2 said:
I really don't get why so many people seem to like this character ???

Whenever they weren't "playing", she was kinda sweet and cute. It's like there are two different characters inside of her. I really liked her sweet side, not really liked her saddistic side, was kinda disgusting.
Aug 29, 2020 5:51 AM
May 2015
I personally think the whole Assasin job thing is used more to be a metaphor for trusting someone. It works better with Katsu and Kyoko's relationship but for Kurumi I think the author is much more involved with telling a story of a pretty broken girl who is looking to enjoy what little time she has left on this earth with a boy she knows more about than she probably intended to.

Overall I felt that I hated her too in the beginning, that she was using the Aiba and that he was simply letting her because he felt he wasn't worth much anyway, but by the point you figure out everything, you can't help but fall in love with the girl yourself.

I mean I like to put myself in the shoes of these types of manga because in all honesty I do get the perversion to a point and find it's much more easy to poke fun of than anything else and while it's the same here. It's also handled in some sick way as a form of showing love can grow beyond perversion.

In the end I actually started to want to comprehend life itself and if I even matter and what's the point. Looking at Kurumi's tale I see how it matters. You won't get a second chance at life so enjoy it and spend it with someone you feel loves you back.

She is shrouded in mystery which is such a good thing for a character of this nature to have and to put you through the waves of emotions she does, I can't help but feel an attachment to her like that I've never felt before.

Is the story 10/10 masterpiece. No I wouldn't say that, I think there are a lot of silly things the series does that becomes quite repetative and even boring at some stages, but the romance aspect of this manga touched me so deeply I don't think I've felt this way in a long time if ever.

Sahana Kurumi is to me a girl that you thought you could only exist to be a punchline in a comedy series like this. But never would I have ever thought I'd find myself begging for meaning in life at the end of this manga series and yet I am and I've found many great answers, some spiritual, some plain and simple and they all help me feel like I'm accepting a part of life.

So thank you Kazuto Okada for making a character like her to help me. And thank you Sahana Kurumi for existing, even if it's just in a fictional world, it helped my reality.

More topics from this board

» What to read that is similar to Sundome?

Elpato891 - Mar 16, 2018

8 by Toranagii »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:57 PM

Poll: » Sundome Chapter 76 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

outlawauron - Dec 11, 2010

199 by DZento »»
Jan 11, 2023 12:01 AM

Poll: » Sundome Chapter 72 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Jul 8, 2012

4 by DZento »»
Jan 10, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Sundome Chapter 71 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Jul 8, 2012

3 by DZento »»
Jan 10, 2023 11:26 PM

Poll: » Sundome Chapter 68 Discussion

Explicitz - May 27, 2011

9 by DZento »»
Jan 10, 2023 11:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.