Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 26, 2019 1:55 PM

Jun 2015
So I literally just found this by browsing seasonal charts in the '00s. It grabbed my attention because I knew of the game and thought the mere existence of such a game having a movie attached to it was interesting.

Unfortunately this movie seems to be lost media at this point. Going over to lostmediawiki tells us that 10 minutes of the film was released on some sort of promo disc.

Does anyone have a camrip or a copy of that promo disc you could upload somewhere? I'd be extremely appreciative if you could!

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Jul 26, 2019 2:40 PM

Jun 2014
I'd also be interested in seeing this.

@karkki_: Have you seen "Salamander?" It's based off the video game of the same name, better known as "Life Force" in North America. Salmander has been fansubbed, so I highly recommend checking it out sometime.

Jul 26, 2019 2:48 PM

Jun 2015
Seiya said:
I'd also be interested in seeing this.

@karkki_: Have you seen "Salamander?" It's based off the video game of the same name, better known as "Life Force" in North America. Salmander has been fansubbed, so I highly recommend checking it out sometime.

It's funny you mention that because I'm watching it this very moment, haha. I saw it in the recommendations for Xevious and remembered "oh, this thing exists!"

I've known about it for quite some time now; I just never watched it, for whatever reason. I can safely say that even with the fantastic animation in some parts, the game is a lot more enjoyable. Although, I guess that shouldn't come as a surprise.

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Sep 9, 2020 9:20 PM

Jun 2015
Lad Of Obscusion has a nice write-up on it, but indicates that it's ultra-rare and never got a home release, so it'll probably never make its way to the internet, especially the English part of it.

https://landofobscusion.blogspot.com/2011/08/xevious-its-dangerous-its-devious-its.html

"Even though a home video release never happened, Xevious was shown at the previously-mentioned road show. This means that there are a few reviews of the movie, all in Japanese, from those who saw it while it was being shown around. . . .

"I say that those people who got to see it during the road show should consider themselves lucky, as that was the only way anyone could ever see this movie. s notorious as a show like Chou Kousoku Galvion was for never having received a home release of any sort (VHS, LD, or DVD), at least there were people who actually recorded the show during its airing on TV, resulting in it being viewable and available in theory (though only four episodes are actually out there digitally as of this writing). Xevious, on the other hand, didn't get that luxury; for example, someone could have recorded the movie with a video camera during the road show, but there's no proof that anyone ever did so. In fact, the road show could have possibly banned video cameras from being brought into showings, since there was the planned DVD and VHS release. As it stands, the Xevious movie is like the anime equivalent of those extravagant awards Atari made for that Swordquest competition (for those who aren't familiar with these items, the Angry Video Game Nerd covered it in great detail in episode 88 of his show). There's proof that the movie exists, and people have actually seen it, but now there is no way to see or even obtain it. The Xevious movie could almost be considered a holy grail-of-sorts, though a less-known one, in the anime world. Maybe one day someone can get a hold of the masters for the movie and give it a home video release. Even if it isn't a good title I wouldn't mind actually being able to say that I own the Xevious movie."
Sep 9, 2020 9:29 PM

Jun 2015
Found a trailer for it at least.

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.