Forum Settings
Forums

Viewing the Source Material After the Anime

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 23, 2018 2:26 PM

May 2018
Eh, it depends. I go with my whims most of the time, so if I feel like it, I'll check the source material. Though usually it's if I really liked the adaptation or if I'm really curious to read more about it, if it wasn't finished in the adaptation. All mediums have their own sort of attractiveness, so it's not much of a change of perception, but more of an appreciation of the new medium for me. Seeing how it's done in that medium, what kind of thoughts and feelings it evokes from you... it's all about the experience, I guess.
Sep 23, 2018 2:28 PM

Jun 2013
I did this with Hajimete no Gal. It's still not great, but boy is it worlds better than the anime.
Sep 26, 2018 12:18 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
-Trippwire- said:
I did this with Hajimete no Gal. It's still not great, but boy is it worlds better than the anime.

Kinda comparing a trash can to a dumpster fire. But yeah I agree.
Sep 26, 2018 12:30 PM

Jul 2015
I always have liked seeing the source manga from an anime series, just to see what the manga is like. A lot of anime series are from 12-24 episodes, so the manga may add some stories, etc., that the anime has missed.
Sep 26, 2018 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
Yep, I've read a few manga that are just better than the anime. Some good examples of this is Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Real Girl, and Nozoki Ana. These manga are far better than their anime adaption and made like these much more.
Sep 26, 2018 9:01 PM

Jun 2013
Stripes said:
-Trippwire- said:

Kinda comparing a trash can to a dumpster fire. But yeah I agree.

Like, I recognize it for what it is. Maybe it's just that seeing it all play out on screen and realizing that actual people had to voice some of those lines is what makes it so bad.
Sep 26, 2018 9:31 PM

Jan 2017
Stripes said:
Has consuming the manga (light novel, game, book etc.) after you've watched the anime changed your perception? I think most people go into adaptations salty and waiting to rag on everything, myself included but have you picked up the source material afterwards? Did you get anything out of it?

I read Ore Monogatari long after I finished the anime last week and ended up loving it even more that I originally did. I bumped both the anime up to a 10 and gave the manga a 10 to because the conclusion was the most satisfying I've ever felt reading a shoujo manga in forever.

I have to admit a fair amount of the manga I read comes after watching a significant ways into the anime. I don't mind doing it like that, I feel like its a good refresher and even sometimes feel like I remember it better. I then go on to read ahead to the point where I'm completely caught up with the manga and well ahead of the anime (Black Clover, BnHA, Boruto, OPM, SnK, etc) but there are several that I've just read manga for / don't have anime adaptations for yet or are coming soon (The Promised Neverland, Dr. Stone, To You The Immortal, Jagaaaaaan, etc).

I'm pretty flexible, I like both ways equally.

Oh, and I just checked out your profile, you seem to have pretty good taste/similar interests to mine.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best green haired girl? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Feb 1

59 by Zarutaku »»
5 minutes ago

» What's the craziest plot twist you've ever come across in an anime?

Nanami0007 - 42 minutes ago

7 by Eleben »»
7 minutes ago

» Will we ever get in anime an actress as good as Kurokawa Akane?

Catalano - 8 minutes ago

0 by Catalano »»
8 minutes ago

» Best black haired girl? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Jan 25

68 by Zarutaku »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Which group of people is more profitable for anime?

Sanjay63773 - 8 hours ago

11 by Lhundrup »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.