Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 15, 2017 3:25 PM
Nov 2012
I'm quite a TB nerd. I own all the novels published by Tokyopop, and the both series of the novels in Japanese. In addition I own TB manga volumes 1-19 (on-going Finnish edition). I've been reading the English TB novels along the manga, and "reading" (well, honestly quite just picture-watching) the Japanese novels as well.

So, the manga is after all based on the novels? For a long time I thought they were just loosely bound, but indeed the manga seems to go the same path as Reborn on the Mars. My question is, is the manga really going to end where Reborn on the Mars novels end? Or are we going to see Rage Against the Moons storyline also in the manga form? In the other words, is the manga going to end very soon (TTvTT) or is it just finishing the first half? I'm quite sure it's going to end, but on the other hand I see characters like Valvac being represented without explanation, and wonder if it's because of they will be interpreted to us later? And what about the TB Canon novel? Is it dated before or after the novel series?

Thanks for all the help!
May 14, 2018 9:16 AM

Mar 2013
Hi there! I am quite the TB nerd too. Tho I haven't read the novels, I know the whole story, and yes, the manga series are just like the novels.
The manga, from what I know, depicts the events of ROM (is it actually ONLY the ROM or both RAM and ROM?)- there are curruntly 20 volumes available (I buy the French version), still ongoing (in case you want to check: http://www.kana.fr/produit/trinity-blood-t4/).

Now what I do know, is that Yoshida Sunao left quite a lot of guides for the future of the story, and those were put in the Canon Summa Theologica, so I think those will come on the manga series. (Idk how the ROM ends - pls no spoilers).

The Canon novel has the following contents:

Contents:
Prologue - (pg 003)
Part 1. 正典 STORIES (page 015)

- Side Story - GUNMETAL HOUND (page 017)
- Side Story - HUMAN FACTOR (page 065)
- Reborn on the Mars VII - Fang of Aurora [prologue] (page 113)

Part 2. 神学 STORIES UNTOLD (page 135)

- Chapter 1 The Hometown of Kresnik (page 137)
- Chapter 2 Meet of People (page 171)
- Chapter 3 The Lost Stories (page 196)

Part 3. 大聖典 THE BIBLE (page 221)

The novel relates mostly to everything to when the Earth had a major problem with overpopulation, started the Red Mars Project and all the events that led to the Armageddon and the Dark Ages.

About the RAM, I don't know, but I'd love to read it in manga. More than the RAM, I would LOVEEEEEE to see the Canon novel in manga version!!

I do love both illustrations by Thores and Kyujyo, but I do prefer Kyujyo's illustrations, so manga version ftw :p
bloodandcandiesApr 10, 2019 10:17 AM
Sep 28, 2018 12:05 PM
Nov 2012
Thank you for the reply! So, we can assume that Canon is placed both before and after RAM and ROM? Actually, I'd love to see Canon manga adaptation as well, as we would learn more about Abel's and other Crusniks' past. Though I'm sure RAM would make a great manga as well, I think it might be too long if the series isn't popular enough anymore.

We've had the 20th manga volume published here in Finland as well, now waiting for the 21st volume. Which, if I've heard the right rumors, is apparently going to be the last one in this series :'< I just wonder how, everything seems to be so unfinished in the 20th volume.

I think the both artists are great, but I like Thores a bit more for the very specific style. I think her art has developed after she drew Trinity Blood, but somehow I just very much like the art she made while illustrating the TB novels <3
Apr 10, 2019 12:39 PM

Mar 2013
I am so so so sorry to reply only now!

I've checked and re-read the wiki pages on TB specialy because I made a 15 minute presentation on the Canon Summa Theologica at uni.

The manga actually is the story of RAM and ROM.
RAM - Rage Against the Moons are the events BEFORE ROM - 3060 A.D.; ROM - Reborn on the Mars, happen 2 years later in 3062 A.D.
Last year the last manga volume came out, so we have a total of 21 manga volumes. I am still on ch.62 (I don't read it online because I prefer to wait until getting the manga) but I think it will cover the whole story of the novels.
Now about the events before the story of the novels are on the Canon Summa Theologica - it is not translated yet, but you can read about on wiki - https://trinityblood.fandom.com/wiki/Red_Mars_Project - then read the main articles about each part.

More topics from this board

» issues

AraragiKoyomi - Apr 30, 2017

2 by AraragiKoyomi »»
Jan 4, 2021 2:38 PM

» Few questions about Trinity Blood.

BerserkFanBoyPL - Dec 18, 2016

2 by BerserkFanBoyPL »»
Nov 15, 2017 3:11 PM

» Did Trinity Blood stop after Avalon(chapter 49)?

nekocrisis562802 - Nov 6, 2010

1 by CalamityMeg »»
Apr 1, 2011 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.