Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 18, 2017 2:37 AM
Oct 2015
How about create Novel list for MyAnimeList site?
I believe that it will be better to have a novel list to distinguish between novel and manga
And i am not the only one who want this
Therefore, can you make a novel list, Please?
May 18, 2017 10:49 AM

Jan 2017
don't think it is necessary like the only think that can make this useful is if u want to increase the number of fav that can put in ur lists manga and ln are the same but the novel is made with less photos both are stories on paper with shity writing
May 18, 2017 11:02 AM
May 18, 2017 2:00 PM

Oct 2014
For whatever reason MAL ruled that light novels are part of the anime/manga industry while "real novels" are not which is why Hibike and Welcome to the NHK's novels aren't on MAL. MAL isn't going to separate the two types of literature they list. It would make more sense to simply rename it than separate it into manga and LNs.

There are a lot of problems with how they simplify things. They call Portuguese "Brazilian", they use "Japanese" to refer to the original title even the title was in English, Chinese, Korean, or anything else, they call light novels manga, they call non-hentai yuri "shoujo ai" in anime while in manga they use the terms interchangeably, and they call kodomomuke "kids" while the other demographics are in Japanese.
May 19, 2017 1:30 AM
Mar 2014
I wouldn't mind another list type..or 2...(abridged)...
May 19, 2017 1:32 AM

Sep 2009
Light novels and manga are extremely different. I agree with a separate list.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
May 19, 2017 5:42 AM
Oct 2015
So the major believe that having a novel list is unnecessary?
How about the developers of this site?
May 19, 2017 5:49 AM
Oct 2015
_Ako_ said:
Some Novels are already in MAL DB...

I have known that already
I am talking about having a novel list instead of putting light novel and manga into one list
May 19, 2017 5:52 AM

Feb 2015
Hisatsuken said:
_Ako_ said:
Some Novels are already in MAL DB...

I am talking about having a novel list instead of putting light novel and manga into one list

I know what you mean, this shit has been suggested years ago as I remember. I think are there sites that is a better alternative when it comes to LN/Novel than MAL, so just use it... :/
May 19, 2017 7:25 AM
Oct 2015
_Ako_ said:
Hisatsuken said:

I know what you mean, this shit has been suggested years ago as I remember. I think are there sites that is a better alternative when it comes to LN/Novel than MAL, so just use it... :/
such as??
May 24, 2017 6:41 PM

Oct 2014
Forget a novel list, implement a category for visual novels.. There's so many clueless people thinking an anime is an original when it actually comes from a visual novel source.

More topics from this board

» way to look further back into history

iikookv_ - Oct 28, 2020

5 by Alexioos95 »»
5 hours ago

» Ability to see if an anime has a dub or is subbed

Goblingaming - Yesterday

0 by Goblingaming »»
Yesterday, 1:35 PM

» [QoL] Allow more than 9 items in My Last List Updates

anonymate - Mar 25

3 by anonymate »»
Yesterday, 12:51 PM

» Being able to choose which image/cover/poster to display

p6w - Jun 21, 2023

14 by Ayres »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM

» Way of setting all titles to the English version by default

skyblade743 - Apr 9

9 by Zarutaku »»
May 2, 10:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.