Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 19, 2017 3:04 PM
Dec 2015
Hey guys,

Looking for a pure romance show to binge. I really enjoyed shows like Golden Time, Akagami no Shirayuki, Nijiro days, Say I love you and White Album 2 - where the main couple is established early and we get to see them do lovey-dovey things during their relationships.

I heard mixed feelings about Honey and Clover, but would just like some confirmation that the romance is as deep as the animes listed above. Thanks !
Mar 19, 2017 3:11 PM

Aug 2012
Ore Monogatari!! if you mean cute things by lovey-dovey

not a deep one tho
Mar 19, 2017 3:46 PM

Mar 2011
Thread has been moved to the correct sub-board.
Mar 19, 2017 4:01 PM

May 2014
I don't think I'd recommend Honey & Clover for its romance, since it's more of a coming-of-age story driven by drama and the personal growth of its characters as individuals rather than the journey of their romantic relationships.

As opposed to being primarily a romance-drama series, I'd be more likely to pin Honey & Clover as a "love" story addressing all different types- sure there is some undeniable romance, but it's mostly about the love of one's craft, personal passions, platonic relationships and friendship.

Maybe try Kimi no Todoke, Emma: a Victorian Romance, Earl and Fairy, Hanasakeru Seishounen & Nagi no Asukara if you haven't already...they're more or less what I'd consider "pure" romance ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2017 4:54 PM
Dec 2015
Strawberrycake48 said:
I don't think I'd recommend Honey & Clover for its romance, since it's more of a coming-of-age story driven by drama and the personal growth of its characters as individuals rather than the journey of their romantic relationships.

As opposed to being primarily a romance-drama series, I'd be more likely to pin Honey & Clover as a "love" story addressing all different types- sure there is some undeniable romance, but it's mostly about the love of one's craft, personal passions, platonic relationships and friendship.

Maybe try Kimi no Todoke, Emma: a Victorian Romance, Earl and Fairy, Hanasakeru Seishounen & Nagi no Asukara if you haven't already...they're more or less what I'd consider "pure" romance ^^

Thanks for the recommendations! Hanasakeru Seishounen looks very promising! How would you rate the romance in it out of 10? I'm looking to start watching it tonight :p
Mar 19, 2017 5:07 PM

May 2014
WNNAY said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

Thanks for the recommendations! Hanasakeru Seishounen looks very promising! How would you rate the romance in it out of 10? I'm looking to start watching it tonight :p

I'd say 8.5/10. The main plot is focused around a marriage game- the protagonist has to guess who her father has chosen as her potential suitors- so there are numerous developing relationships throughout, and you're left wondering who exactly she'll end up with (and she does end up with someone...but I won't spoil) ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2017 5:18 PM
Dec 2015
Strawberrycake48 said:
WNNAY said:

I'd say 8.5/10. The main plot is focused around a marriage game- the protagonist has to guess who her father has chosen as her potential suitors- so there are numerous developing relationships throughout, and you're left wondering who exactly she'll end up with (and she does end up with someone...but I won't spoil) ^^

So would you say its a reverse harem? I'm not a big fan of harems but if its just a light harem i'll most likely still watch :p

Oh shit fuck me, I completely asked about the wrong show. I was suppose to ask how you would rate the romance in Earl and Fairy haha, I copied the wrong anime :p
Mar 19, 2017 6:05 PM

May 2014
WNNAY said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

So would you say its a reverse harem? I'm not a big fan of harems but if its just a light harem i'll most likely still watch :p

Oh shit fuck me, I completely asked about the wrong show. I was suppose to ask how you would rate the romance in Earl and Fairy haha, I copied the wrong anime :p

lol XD
Earl and Fairy has some great romance! 9/10 from me haha...the relationship between the characters is pretty similar to Misaki and Usui from Kaicho wa Maid-sama with a bit of Shirayuki-hime thrown in there imo ^^
Mar 19, 2017 6:50 PM
Dec 2015
Strawberrycake48 said:
WNNAY said:

lol XD
Earl and Fairy has some great romance! 9/10 from me haha...the relationship between the characters is pretty similar to Misaki and Usui from Kaicho wa Maid-sama with a bit of Shirayuki-hime thrown in there imo ^^

Is it reverse-harem/harem? I dont really like them much haha
Mar 19, 2017 8:11 PM

May 2014
WNNAY said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

lol XD

Is it reverse-harem/harem? I dont really like them much haha

Nope, it's not a reverse harem! XD
Sep 24, 2019 12:30 PM

Aug 2014
Strawberrycake48 said:

I know i'm late to the party but damn, you recommend Nagi no Asukara for someone asking about pure romance? That's cold.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Opening

I_0_dont_0_know - Apr 10

3 by mikorinismyson »»
Apr 11, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Mar 17, 2008

126 by whereswisteria »»
Mar 29, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fentastic - Oct 5, 2008

124 by anti0taku »»
Sep 14, 2023 4:50 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 21, 2008

61 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 20, 2008

63 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.