Forum Settings
Forums

An 18+ section of anime/manga recommendations.

New
Jun 7, 2016 6:51 PM
Jun 2015
I get that this may be misplaced, but this needs to happen. We see people here asking for recommendations for younger children, or even very young people on MAL.

I do mind seeing someone asking for a "hentai" or "ecchi" series, even though I have no real interest in them.

What I do mind are these titles from recent threads such as......

Hentai video with female villain/s being raped.

Anime that shows brutal and sexually exploiting circumstances.

Any good hentai with blonde lustful girl ?

Anime with kissing EVERYWHERE!!!

rape victim manga

I may just have found some bad threads, but these thread titles are just plain bad to have in the forums. I would suggest a new mature section, or a sections that focuses on that type of animation.

I overall think it

a.) stops people from viewing here. I know it is a big deal breaker if I was new to anime and saw these threads. Not helping public image

b.) Should be seen by a select audience who caters to that genre.

c.) Is not good for anyone under 18 to see. It is also bad policy.

This is just my humble opinion. I respect others tastes, but I do not think those categories (hentai, /severe ecchi) should be so easy to lump with (seinen, shounen, slice of life etc...). They are different audiences and should remain separate. On the other hand shows which have these as secondary themes should not be heavily affect.

Maybe an adult tag is needed, or something that hides text unless clicked on would be an alternative.
Jun 7, 2016 11:04 PM

Oct 2014
Doesn't seem like a bad suggestion a good separation b/w nsfw and normal stuff is common practice on many internet sites/forums. The thing is whether MAL devs will look into such a demand :P I support this though.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jun 8, 2016 7:00 AM
Jun 2015
Iizbakaokay said:
Doesn't seem like a bad suggestion a good separation b/w nsfw and normal stuff is common practice on many internet sites/forums. The thing is whether MAL devs will look into such a demand :P I support this though.

I personally haven't thought about the demand for this section , but I think there is a good amount of demand to not see it in the normal recommendations.
Jun 8, 2016 11:04 AM

Jun 2013
wow people actually watch/ ready that sort of shit xD

Yeah it would be nice to separate 18+ threads from regular threads.
Jun 8, 2016 11:37 AM
Jun 2015
Tomboy said:
wow people actually watch/ ready that sort of shit xD

Yeah it would be nice to separate 18+ threads from regular threads.

Yeah, It seems to occur more often at night unsurprisingly.
Jun 8, 2016 11:52 AM

Oct 2012
A separation of 18+ stuff in general should have already been a thing. I don't know why it hasn't yet.
Jun 8, 2016 12:30 PM

Jun 2008
I like the comedy element of hentai topics with weirdass titles appearing in normal discussion. But yeah, good idea.
Jun 8, 2016 12:52 PM

Apr 2014
Why it needs to be separated when the thread title itself was obviously "18+" or for mature users?
Seriously mate, you can't ever stop those kids/below 18/teenagers to read those topics.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 8, 2016 2:36 PM
Jun 2015
Rayzer said:
Why it needs to be separated when the thread title itself was obviously "18+" or for mature users?
Seriously mate, you can't ever stop those kids/below 18/teenagers to read those topics.

It is not just just kids....I personally do not like seeing this here. I would wager there are good search functions on "those" sites if these questions are waged.

Also, how do you obviously know it is for those kind of people. For instance, someone had the word "lewd" in the title. Do you really think a 12-14 year old would instantly know what that is? What about all the weird japanese words which I don't understand enough? Do yandere and yaoi seem indistinguishable to younger audiences, they seem similar enough to me?

I know I had an old thread where I asked for anime that was mature. What I meant by this was actually seinen or more adult like in atmosphere, not in the nsfw as in mature. The fact that these get confused is itself weird.

I am not saying we need to make a separate section to stop kids from doing something bad, but it would avoid accidental exposure that currently happens.

If kids get into it then it is there fault, and the blame cannot be placed on the site. On the other hand, can we blame kids for just opening a lot of threads to look at potential anime.

Do you really not get a little annoyed when you want to suggest an anime or even make a new thread, and see these threads titles? Is the word rape not a little bad to casually toss around for what you want to watch?

T'l; dr There are other benefits, even if it can't stop teenagers from reading.
Jun 8, 2016 3:09 PM

Jun 2008
Ye, I think generally most people want to avoid hearing about sex related stuff when they are not "in the mood". When I'm just minding my own business I don't want to suddenly encounter a hentai discussion, get horny and then be forced to either suppress my wild imagination somehow or spend time on fapping so that I can clear my mind. And that's just one of the reasons.
Jun 8, 2016 3:27 PM
Jun 2015
kuchitsu said:
Ye, I think generally most people want to avoid hearing about sex related stuff when they are not "in the mood". When I'm just minding my own business I don't want to suddenly encounter a hentai discussion, get horny and then be forced to either suppress my wild imagination somehow or spend time on fapping so that I can clear my mind. And that's just one of the reasons.

TMI. Get distracted was enough.
Jun 8, 2016 7:03 PM

Sep 2013
Maybe only the hentai series and name the site MY HENTAI LIST.
Violence will stay here, even one piece has brutal violence.
Jun 9, 2016 8:08 AM

Apr 2014
@isthismahjong,
Why mate? Is there any kids on this forum?
Just because you don't want to see it you want to remove it?

But there is possible a solution to this.
Something like prefix tags like the other forums has.
Like NSFW,18+ or Adults only, etc.
And making another section for this was a big NO.
Jun 9, 2016 8:16 AM

Dec 2015
I do not think this needs an extra section. Probably would not be used that much/often - since recommendations are not topics that encourage long discussions and since only a few people are looking for hentai stuff.

If ... then there should be an 18+ forums ... but for all 18+ stuff - not only recommendations. Certain other threads could get moved (or more stuff allowed which is not allowed yet in the existing forums) there as well.

But it is not that urgent. I don't think text-only (like the thread titles) will hurt much - and people can just decide not to read the topic. There is probably a lot worse stuff in the "Current Events" when there is bein talked about people that got killed in the thread titel if there was some terrorist attack somewhere.

Of course ... if they want to read such stuff then even another section for this would not stop children from reading there.
Jun 9, 2016 9:38 AM
Jun 2015
Rayzer said:
@isthismahjong,

Can you explain your last line? I don't understand that. I also already suggested your proposed solution in the original post, and I understand that it is simpler.
Jun 9, 2016 10:08 AM

Apr 2014
isthismahjong said:
Rayzer said:
@isthismahjong,

I also already suggested your proposed solution in the original post, and I understand that it is simpler.

Really?
isthismahjong said:

Maybe an adult tag is needed, or something that hides text unless clicked on would be an alternative.

I'm talking about thread title prefix tag.
And not something that non-existing feature.
isthismahjong said:
Can you explain your last line? I don't understand that.

It's a response to the thread title.
Which a creating a "new section" or (sub)forum board.
Jun 12, 2016 3:52 PM
Jun 2015
Any other thoughts?
Jun 12, 2016 10:06 PM

Oct 2015
Yeah, I think that would be a good idea, even a lot of adults don't like seeing those questions. I personally don't care but if I was using my laptop out in public it would kind of awkward if someone happened to read that.
Jun 17, 2016 7:38 PM
Jun 2015
Feel free to weigh in.
Jun 17, 2016 7:48 PM

Apr 2014
@isthismahjong
Put a poll for this.
So you won't need replies.

More topics from this board

» forum rules and blogs

leyaf - 8 hours ago

2 by leyaf »»
2 hours ago

» way to look further back into history

iikookv_ - Oct 28, 2020

5 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 1:24 AM

» Ability to see if an anime has a dub or is subbed

Goblingaming - May 3

0 by Goblingaming »»
May 3, 1:35 PM

» [QoL] Allow more than 9 items in My Last List Updates

anonymate - Mar 25

3 by anonymate »»
May 3, 12:51 PM

» Being able to choose which image/cover/poster to display

p6w - Jun 21, 2023

14 by Ayres »»
May 3, 8:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.