Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 3, 2016 11:49 PM
Jan 2011
So they just decided to cancel it? I thought it was popular?
Jun 4, 2016 12:16 AM

Mar 2015
the first is actually because earthquake and use it as excuse to make hiatuse.. and those hiatuses never stopped, lOl..

rumors saying that the artist and author conflict about something during the hiatuses then both of them drop it.. they currently doing another series... the author is make new LN or something and artist is on triage x
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 24, 2016 12:07 PM

Apr 2014
WTF? So author really stopped making it huh?
Jul 22, 2016 9:07 PM

Jan 2014
I bought the manga volumes when released in my country for nothing. Fuck. But the industry has changed so much since then. Altough i wanted so much to know the ending of this series. Fuck.
Aug 2, 2016 12:57 AM
Feb 2014
Kuma said:
the first is actually because earthquake and use it as excuse to make hiatuse.. and those hiatuses never stopped, lOl..

rumors saying that the artist and author conflict about something during the hiatuses then both of them drop it.. they currently doing another series... the author is make new LN or something and artist is on triage x

Even if they had an fall out the author couldive just hired someone else. It's an popular manga and anime, so paying extra for an good artist who can replicate the art style should still bring in profits.

Not counting the two chapters (with a year gap between) that came out after 2010 it's been 6 years since the fans even read the manga. So say the author does hire some new artists the fan baase is basically gone or grown up with different taste. The younger generation of manga readers might not like it.

Plus the idea of an Zombie apocalypse is done so much nowdays that it's not exciting anymore.
Aug 2, 2016 4:57 AM

Mar 2015
leyuen said:
Kuma said:

Even if they had an fall out the author couldive just hired someone else. It's an popular manga and anime, so paying extra for an good artist who can replicate the art style should still bring in profits.
ownership rights in japan is not that simple... both parties (astist and author) have their rights about series... make me remember a series that the artist chose to run the manga by himself but it make him got charge...

leyuen said:
Not counting the two chapters (with a year gap between) that came out after 2010 it's been 6 years since the fans even read the manga. So say the author does hire some new artists the fan baase is basically gone or grown up with different taste. The younger generation of manga readers might not like it.

Plus the idea of an Zombie apocalypse is done so much nowdays that it's not exciting anymore.

hiatuses is not big isue for japanese fandom... some series even have more brutal hiatuses yet they can stilll famous... as for zombie idea it self, there is plenty zombie series that currently sales good... so i don't think the theme itself is problem...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 2, 2016 5:34 AM

Nov 2015
xsilicon9 said:
So they just decided to cancel it? I thought it was popular?

The author gave up and created Triage X. It turned into a huge failure however. I guess he gave up on continuing on it already.
Aug 4, 2016 8:17 AM

Jun 2016
I was told that it was because the author didn't want to write about it not just because of the trauma caused by the earthquake(which they DID continue to write stuff after)(a but because they weren't comfortable writing about an apocalypse after the earthquake took place. It's so sad, too. That such a huge earthquake hit.
Feb 24, 2018 8:16 PM

Jul 2017
dude the author fucking died
Feb 25, 2018 2:46 AM

Feb 2018
Zerity said:

Then, what will happen with the manga if the author itself died? Is it just stopped publishing with no ending revealed?
Feb 25, 2018 8:33 AM

Jul 2017
@Dark-Blackraider if the author dies before the story ends they cant finish the story. Unless you want someone else to pick up were he left off.
Mar 6, 2018 4:05 AM
Oct 2017
As someone else mentioned above, the author died, that’s why there was no season 2 for the anime as well.
Mar 8, 2018 12:23 PM

Dec 2013
Zerity said:
Sounds oddly much like you're expecting those posts from 2016 to have known about his death in 2017.
Mar 8, 2018 12:24 PM

Jul 2017
@ellert0 i know that felt the need to say it anyways

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 6 Discussion

removed-user - Jun 1, 2010

12 by princesjelyfish »»
May 4, 6:04 AM

» Is this back on hiatus again? ( 1 2 3 )

HollowIchigo58 - Aug 6, 2013

100 by Ugliz »»
Mar 24, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 30 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rookiestalker - Apr 9, 2013

85 by bakakisima »»
Dec 31, 2023 7:32 AM

» Miyamoto, Rei feelings towards Takashi ?

kelfounet - Jun 19, 2010

41 by MASTERCRAFT938 »»
Aug 28, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 20 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 12, 2008

19 by maiestas_ »»
Aug 16, 2023 6:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.