Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 24, 2016 8:33 AM

May 2015
Hi, I played some vns and im a bit stuck on what to play next. cause vns take a long time i wanna be careful when I pick one to know if i will actually enjoy it, so you can check out my vndb here https://vndb.org/u109045/list to know what kind of vns i like.
thanks in advance.
Apr 24, 2016 12:32 PM

Jan 2015
When I'm looking for a new, guaranteed good VN to play i usually look at this list.

Otherwise i can see that you didn't read Muv Luv yet, which is pretty good. Just beware that (if you decide to read it) it is so freaking long. I personally had a hard time getting into it because it has a slow start.
When you reach Muv Luv: Alternative you're gonna love it.
Apr 24, 2016 12:45 PM

Oct 2012
I don't think i can really get you something that has mainstream appeal like Dangan Ronpa, and i don't know your tolerance for ero considering most of what you have read is non-ero.

I suppose you could try one of these:

Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo - I'm recommending this because you've read G-senjou no Maou and it has the same author and a similar style, but takes place in a rural dystopian setting. It has some pretty great twists and enjoyable characters. The MC is pretty witty.

Tokyo Babel - A non-ero, fairly good action/chunni VN that boasts a grade A voice cast, among a decently fleshed out setting. Its basically fully voiced and relatively short (I might have actually 100% it in ~30 hours +- a few). It has a pretty likable character cast with a stoic MC.
FontSize72LOLApr 24, 2016 12:49 PM
Apr 24, 2016 1:05 PM

May 2015
themogens said:
When I'm looking for a new, guaranteed good VN to play i usually look at this list.

Otherwise i can see that you didn't read Muv Luv yet, which is pretty good. Just beware that (if you decide to read it) it is so freaking long. I personally had a hard time getting into it because it has a slow start.
When you reach Muv Luv: Alternative you're gonna love it.
I am actually reading Muv-luv, I finished the first two games and I am currently playing alternative it's just that I haven't added it to my playing list yet, and yes alternative is really good
Apr 24, 2016 1:10 PM

May 2015
FontSize72LOL said:
I don't think i can really get you something that has mainstream appeal like Dangan Ronpa, and i don't know your tolerance for ero considering most of what you have read is non-ero.

Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo - I'm recommending this because you've read G-senjou no Maou and it has the same author and a similar style, but takes place in a rural dystopian setting. It has some pretty great twists and enjoyable characters. The MC is pretty witty.

Tokyo Babel - A non-ero, fairly good action/chunni VN that boasts a grade A voice cast, among a decently fleshed out setting. Its basically fully voiced and relatively short (I might have actually 100% it in ~30 hours +- a few). It has a pretty likable character cast with a stoic MC.
thanks for replying and about sharin no kuni, I played like an hour on it and it feels really weird and how the main character acts is strange too so I got lazy to get on it again, I might get back to it but first I need some motivation to do that.
I will definitely check out Tokyo bible btw thanks for recommending that and I actually don't really mind ero games as long as it is not the main focus.
Apr 24, 2016 1:39 PM

Oct 2012
RaijinBlade said:
FontSize72LOL said:

thanks for replying and about sharin no kuni, I played like an hour on it and it feels really weird and how the main character acts is strange too so I got lazy to get on it again, I might get back to it but first I need some motivation to do that.
I will definitely check out Tokyo bible btw thanks for recommending that and I actually don't really mind ero games as long as it is not the main focus.

As for Sharin no Kuni, when you said the Main character acts strange, trust me there is actually a reason for this. I'd go into more detail, but i don't want to spoil it. Since it seems like you enjoyed G-senjou no Maou, i'd say you'd PROBABLY enjoy that one unless the setting really bothers you or something.
Apr 24, 2016 1:48 PM

May 2015
FontSize72LOL said:
RaijinBlade said:

As for Sharin no Kuni, when you said the Main character acts strange, trust me there is actually a reason for this. I'd go into more detail, but i don't want to spoil it. Since it seems like you enjoyed G-senjou no Maou, i'd say you'd PROBABLY enjoy that one unless the setting really bothers you or something.
ok thanks I will definitely give it another go
Apr 24, 2016 5:37 PM
Feb 2016
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. It's a very complex, long VN, but very thrilling. I've been reading the manga, but I've heard wonderful things about the VN.

Apr 24, 2016 5:46 PM

Jan 2013
Kuro-Sama1 said:
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. It's a very complex, long VN, but very thrilling. I've been reading the manga, but I've heard wonderful things about the VN.
Pretty much this, I'm almost done with the manga so I can say that even if the VN is better its only better by a smidge. I mean the ratings speak for themselves.
Apr 24, 2016 5:48 PM
Feb 2016
Major123 said:
Kuro-Sama1 said:
Pretty much this, I'm almost done with the manga so I can say that even if the VN is better its only better by a smidge. I mean the ratings speak for themselves.

I'm a little more half-way finished with the series, and it's very good. Like you said, the ratings say everything.

Apr 24, 2016 6:13 PM

Dec 2014
I'd say 999 if you have a DS sinceyou liked danganronpa. Ever17(PC) is great too.Actually those 3 have the same writer so expect mindfuckery twists from those that I've mentioned.

Saya no Uta would also be right up your alley.It's short but man what a great short experience it was.

For Umineko, this is a very unique mystery VN. Depicting almost everything in a fantasy way,it can get really frustrating and add the fact that it could take you so many hours to finish, I cant blame you for stalling it(or is that ur reason?).This VN,you must really think the whole time.Figuring out the truth behind the witch's illusion was the greatest thing you could ever get from the series.Ye you must find the truth yourself which is very annoying because even if you did arrive at the truth(I dont even know if anyone did that), you can't prove that it really is the truth because the fucking author won't Say a damn
thing about it.Really,fuck Ryukishi07 !! In this case, you're better off just reading the manga.I dont know if it'll reveal the truth but most ppl say its better than the VN.
Apr 24, 2016 10:18 PM

May 2015
Kuro-Sama1 said:
Major123 said:

I'm a little more half-way finished with the series, and it's very good. Like you said, the ratings say everything.
but I heard a lot bad things about the second game of umineko which I'm not sure I I wanna spend so many hours just to get disappointed by the second game
Apr 24, 2016 10:23 PM

May 2015
thefreeloader said:
I'd say 999 if you have a DS sinceyou liked danganronpa. Ever17(PC) is great too.Actually those 3 have the same writer so expect mindfuckery twists from those that I've mentioned.

Saya no Uta would also be right up your alley.It's short but man what a great short experience it was.

For Umineko, this is a very unique mystery VN. Depicting almost everything in a fantasy way,it can get really frustrating and add the fact that it could take you so many hours to finish, I cant blame you for stalling it(or is that ur reason?).This VN,you must really think the whole time.Figuring out the truth behind the witch's illusion was the greatest thing you could ever get from the series.Ye you must find the truth yourself which is very annoying because even if you did arrive at the truth(I dont even know if anyone did that), you can't prove that it really is the truth because the fucking author won't Say a damn
thing about it.Really,fuck Ryukishi07 !! In this case, you're better off just reading the manga.I dont know if it'll reveal the truth but most ppl say its better than the VN.
Ithanks for your reply, Danganronpa got a pc port release that's why I could play it, ever 17 I'm planning on playing soon it actually. And about umineko the game is too long and it is gamble if the game will keep being good,I'm not sure if it worth my time. I started it cause of the mystery genre and I thought it was my taste but this magic stuff is not really my taste as soon as I started 2nd chapter it felt like it dragged on and I got lazy to come back to it
Apr 25, 2016 4:12 AM

May 2015
RedTie said:
I thought Symphonic Rain had a good story and I liked the songs there so I'll recommend that to you. Also if you like Little Busters and Rewrite, Clannad was pretty fun to play if you haven't tried that one already.
I'm not sure about symphonic rain, it's art looks like it will take a while to get used to but I will put it in mind.
About Clannad I already watched the Anime so I'm dot sure about playing the vn while already knowing what's gonna happen. And there is two different translations for it don't know which to chose between them tbh
Apr 25, 2016 6:19 AM
Jul 2018
Is nice to see Danganronpa fans ^^ i loved the 2º game a lot :D

Regarding the VNs "Steins;Gate" and "Katawa Shoujo" are pretty good, but if you are looking for something similar to DR i guess the most similar one you have is the Ace Attorney games.
removed-userApr 25, 2016 6:30 AM
Apr 25, 2016 8:21 AM

May 2015
Thoootje said:
Princess Evangile, Hoshizora no Memoria, Planetarian
Princess Evangile looks interesting will keep it in mind, and i have hoshizora already just need to start it and right now im currently thinking if i should buy Planetarian
Apr 25, 2016 8:23 AM

May 2015
Seidou_Takizawa said:

Regarding the VNs "Steins;Gate" and "Katawa Shoujo" are pretty good, but if you are looking for something similar to DR i guess the most similar one you have is the Ace Attorney games.
already seen steins;gate anime not too sure if i wanna play the vn and katawa shoujo i already played one route (Emi) still considering to play the rest.
people recommended me Ace Attorney because of DR but im sure i won't enjoy it
Apr 25, 2016 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
RaijinBlade said:
Seidou_Takizawa said:

already seen steins;gate anime not too sure if i wanna play the vn and katawa shoujo i already played one route (Emi) still considering to play the rest.

Steins;Gate anime follows for the most part the VN with some exceptions and the VN give more characterization to the female characters having romantic routes with them. I wouldn't consider necessary that the VN is better than the anime but is still great non the less :)
Oh cool, the Rin route is my favorite one ^^
Ace Attorney follows the same pattern that DR having to find clues and doing the trials. I dont enjoy it as much as DR but is still interesting game to play if you are interested ;D
removed-userApr 25, 2016 9:30 AM
Apr 25, 2016 9:26 AM

Apr 2015
sakura swim club ­
Apr 25, 2016 1:01 PM

May 2015
Seidou_Takizawa said:
RaijinBlade said:

Steins;Gate anime follows for the most part the VN with some exceptions and the VN give more characterization to the female characters having romantic routes with them. I wouldn't consider necessary that the VN is better than the anime but is still great non the less :)
Ace Attorney follows the same pattern that DR having to find clues and doing the trials. I dont enjoy it as much as DR but is still interesting game to play if you are interested ;D
aight thanks a lot :D
Apr 26, 2016 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
RaijinBlade said:
Seidou_Takizawa said:

aight thanks a lot :D

No problem, tell me what you thought of it if you ever decide to play any of those games ;)
Apr 26, 2016 8:15 PM

Jan 2013
RaijinBlade said:
Kuro-Sama1 said:

but I heard a lot bad things about the second game of umineko which I'm not sure I I wanna spend so many hours just to get disappointed by the second game
I just finished the second half of the manga so episodes 5-8, and I gotta say it was the best piece of fiction I've read in a long time. Idk about the VN but the manga is fucking fantastic, it also has extra scenes not in the VN that helps explains what happens better.
Apr 27, 2016 12:10 AM

May 2015
Major123 said:
RaijinBlade said:
I just finished the second half of the manga so episodes 5-8, and I gotta say it was the best piece of fiction I've read in a long time. Idk about the VN but the manga is fucking fantastic, it also has extra scenes not in the VN that helps explains what happens better.
wow then I just need to jump on that manga then, thanks a lot that is really helpful
Apr 27, 2016 7:51 AM

Jan 2013
RaijinBlade said:
Major123 said:
wow then I just need to jump on that manga then, thanks a lot that is really helpful
No problem, I did the same thing for Tsukihime before and was also very satisfied.

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

54 by Shizuna »»
7 minutes ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

523 by lcee_15 »»
2 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
4 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.