Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 31, 2016 5:00 PM

Nov 2009
Since new shows have starting airing the hardest Club Event continues with Spring 2016.

You can use these links to see the majority that is airing this season:

https://static.neregate.com/2016/03/neregate.com-Spring-2016-Anime-Chart-v3.jpg
http://www.animeph.com/spring-2016-new-anime-season-preview-list

Some questions to think about:

What shows seem notable to you?

What shows are you enjoying?

What shows are you going to continue watching?

What shows do you not think highly of?
Houseki No Kuni, aka The Land of the Lustrous. Best of 2017.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 4, 2016 1:15 PM

Aug 2012
-Mayoiga
-Uchuu Patrol Luluco
-Jojo: Diamond is Unbreakable
-Boku no Hero Academia
-Concrete Revolutio season 2
-Kuma Miko
-Joker Game
-Bungou Stray Dogs
-Sailor Moon Crystal season 3
-Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?
-Sakamoto desu ga?
-Kiznaiver
-Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
-Flying Witch
-Big Order
-Magi: Sinbad no Bouken

What shows are you going to continue watching?
-Ace Attorney
-Mayoiga
-Uchuu Patrol Luluco
-Boku no Hero Academia
-Concrete Revolutio season 2
-Kuma Miko
-Joker Game
-Bungou Stray Dogs
-Sakamoto desu ga?
-Kiznaiver
-Flying Witch
-Magi: Sinbad no Bouken

-Ace Attorney
-Endride
-Ragnastrike Angels
-Seisen Cerberus
-Hundred
-Twin Star Exorcists
-Super Lovers
-Onigiri
-Kuromukuro
-Unhappy
-Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
-Shounen Maid
-Kyoukai no Rinne season 2
-Hai Furi
-Sansha Sanyou
-Wagamama High Spec
Apr 29, 2016 7:12 PM

Nov 2009

Re.zero
Kuma Miko
Kiznaiver
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Sansha Sanyou
Kuromukuro
Koutetstjou no Kabaneri
Bakuon!
Flying Witch
My Hero Academia
Bungou Stray Dogs
Anne Happy/ Unhappy
Netoge no Yome
Jojo season 4
Sakamoto Desu Ga?
Usakame
Mayoiga
Joker Game
SOusei Onmyouji
Uchuu Space Patrol
Shounen Maid
Hai Furi
Onigiri
Ragnastrike Angels
Big Order

Ushio no Tora 2
Endride
Concrete Revolutio
Pan De Peace
Hundred
Crane Game Girls
Super lovers
Kyoukai no Rinne
Terra Formars 2
Ace Attourney
Gakusan toshi Asterick
12 sai
Seisen Cerberus

Special Notes:

Re.zero
-A time travel story about a boy who finds himself in a new world. Despite this generic sentence. Re.zero has some of the most compelling and interesting story structure I've seen in a long time. It's on par with how Erased from last season started out, and I'm hoping it doesn't peter out like Erased did in it's finale.

Kiznaiver
-A genuinely funny and interesting story premise, where seven people share all physical pain. An excellent idea that's well written, and with fairly generic character tropes that come out very compelling and interesting.

Kuma Miko, Flying Witch, Bakuon!, Sansha Sanyou, Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
-There are a lot of good comedies this season. These are five of them. Each has it's own sense of humour, and I'm really loving all of them.

Kuromukuro
-I am not a mecha genre fan. So it takes a lot to get me to enjoy a mecha show. And this one had me hooked on the first episode and kept me hooked for a few episodes now. I'm very excited about it.

Jojo season 4
-Jojo Star Duster crusaders literally turned all my good feelings for the jojo series into, not good feelings. The first two parts of Jojo were brilliant but then stardust started. Now, oddly enough, the new season has made me interested in Jojo again. And I think that's a very good sign.

Big Order
-Last season Big Order had the worst OVA I had ever seen. I was ready to drop this show like a flaming dog turd I thought it was. Oddly enough, the first two episodes did just enough to keep me from dropping it. No small feat.

Ragnastrike Angels
-An enjoyable show.....if it can be called that. Why is this even listed as an anime. It's literally 30 second episodes. 10 seconds of which are advertising the game it was made for. The 22 seconds of actual show are pretty decent. But fuck. It's short.

Super Lovers vs Shounen Maid
-Basically both are blonde older guy looking after black haired young boy. Super Lovers is clearly going to be yaoi love, but Shounen Maid is more of a comedy, and gives me hope that it will be good. Assuming it doesn't go full Yoai on me.

Kyoukai no Rinne Season 2
-The writer of Ranma and Inuyasha made this series. And she should be slapped. This show is not funny or interesting in the least. And this is it's second season. I rarely drop shows. But I'm not even watching this one.

Current Thoughts:

Overall I feel this is an extremely strong season. Even most of the shows I've labelled bad, aren't super horrible.
Apr 30, 2016 5:40 AM

Nov 2011
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless (2/12)
This is AOTS, easily. No arguing that much. So far? It's perfect.

Sakamoto Desu ga? (1/13)
It's not bad, but dunno if it'll get old after 13 eps this early. No real opinion yet.

Mayoiga (1/12)
I dropped this anime already. Normally I don't drop after 1 ep, but it was just bad, and I have no hope for it getting better as a result of the problems the first episode had.

AssClass 2 (15/25)
It's AssClass, m8. Go watch it, it's great.

EDIT: ^ Laziest thoughts ever, amirite? Too early to discuss much.
Luna_SparkleApr 30, 2016 5:44 AM
Jun 30, 2016 7:40 PM

Nov 2009
My thoughts on Spring 2016. As usual if it's not on these lists, it was either not bad, but not good. Not worth mentioning.

Shows I enjoyed all the way through:

My Hero Academia
Kiznaiver
Sansha Sanyou
Bakuon
Bungou Stray Dogs
Anne Happy
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Sakamoto Desu Ka?
Uchuu Patrol luluco
Shounen Maid
Flying Witch
Kuma Miko
Usakame
Sousei no Omyougi
Onigiri

Shows that are two seasons long, and thus haven't finished airing:

Kuromukuro
Re.zero
Jojo
Ace Attorney

Shows that disappointed me:

Waga High Spec
Big Order
Netoge
Seisen Cerberus
12 sai
Asterisk S2
Mayoiga
Hai Furi
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Joker Game
Crane Game
Ragnastrike Angels
Endride
Concrete Revo
Pan de Peace
Hundred
Super Lovers
Kyoukai no Rinne
Terra Formars

Special notes:

My Hero Academia
-A really strong and well aniamted show, that left me wanted more. Happily the last episode announced a second season.

Kiznaiver
-A really great show about connections between people that takes a fantastical twist and brings it to a human level with a great conclusion. Probably my favourite show of the season.

Bungou Stray Dogs
-A well animated show with nice action scenes. It has some pacing issues, and suffers from monster of the week formula. But overall a solid presentation and likeable characters does great.

Sansha Sanyou, Anne Happy, Bakuon, Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge, Sakamoto Desu Ka?
-The golden five of comedy this season. I loved all five of these and each made me laugh in different ways. I recommend all five.

Kuma Miko
-Was suppose to be number 6 of the golden five, but an out-of-nowhere ending that made possibly the cruelest twist ending I may have ever seen, hit me hard because it came out of nowhere. A great show, but the ending really killed it for me.

Mayoiga
-From the very first episode I knew this series wasn't going to be any sort of great. But in the long run, the writing was so bad, and the twists so awful, that this show felt meaningless to me.

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
-A show with a great premise and animated quality, that colapses in upon itself with bad writing and story.

Big Order
-I watched the ova before this aired, and it was one of the worst things I had ever seen. To my surprise the first half dozens episodes were enough to keep me watching, but by the end, I was justified in my hatred for this series that I had gotten from the ova.

Ragnastrike Angels
-a 30 second anime is not an anime. This was a commercial advertisement for a mobile game. Ever episode ended with the same ad. Not anime. Despite this, some of the stuff that was touched upon in the 20 second episodes could have made a fun full show. Sadly, we'll never see that side of it.

Final Thoughts:

Overall my ratio's say this season was worse then last, but some of the good shows were really good. It was a great season for comedies, with a little bit of action. As for the bad shows, incompetent writing seems to be the main trend. Many good ideas, collapsing in upon themselves.
Jul 2, 2016 11:19 AM

Aug 2012
Shows I enjoyed all the way through:

-Uchuu Patrol Luluco
-Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
-Boku no Hero Academia
-Joker Game
-Bungou Stray Dogs
-Sakamoto desu ga?
-Kiznaiver
-Flying Witch
-Magi: Sinbad no Bouken (still missing 2 episodes, but I doubt it'll pull a Kuma Miko ending twist...)

Shows that are two seasons long, and thus haven't finished airing:

-Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: Diamond is Unbreakable
-Ace Attorney

Shows that disappointed me:

-Mayoiga
-Concrete Revolutio
-Kuma Miko

Special notes:

Mayoiga
-I was pretty interested in the premise and the fact that it was written by Mari Okada. However, it was, honestly, a shitshow. Everyone was so over-the-top and overdramatic, the story was incredibly weak and boring. God I hated it.

Kuma Miko
-This show was a very strange one in that I was thoroughly enjoying it until the very end, with that God-awful ending that basically took 12 long steps back. I honestly was struggling where to place it as "Enjoyed it" or "Disappointed" because I really was having fun with the show. But that ending, man...

Sailor Moon Crystal season 3
-Wow, what an improvement. I had settled with season 1 and 2's mediocrity, but season 3 knocked it out of the part thanks to the crew change. Thanks to a change in directors, art, animation, and the fact that it was broadcast on TV instead, this season was absolutely amazing. I'm so glad the change was done with season 3 too, because it is my absolute favorite arc in the show. The characters finally have personality, we got back 2D transformation sequences, and the crew handled the story so well. Well done!

Kiznaiver
-I felt that the show had some trouble at first, where it didn't really know what direction it wanted to go, and the characters at first felt tropey. However, by the end, it got a firm grip on itself and was able to give a great story. I definitely felt feelings in the final three episodes.

Uchuu Patrol Luluco
-Wow, this show ended up being a shocker. By the premise itself I wasn't very intrigued, but I watched it regardless cause 1) each episode was only about 8 minutes long, and 2) it was by TRIGGER. But jeez, I never expected it to suck me in like that. I really did enjoy that Luluco visited all the different TRIGGER universes, and the development with Luluco and Nova kept me on my toes. Luluco is an incredibly adorable character with wonderful qualities, and I was cheering for her in the season finale. I also loved how she became TRIGGER-chan at the end. Awesome little show!

Flying Witch
-Another show I thought I wouldn't get hooked on, but I did. It really was a healing kind of show, and there wasn't a single character I thought was annoying or boring. It was become one of my favorite SoL shows, and I know I'll find myself recommending it.

I thought this season, for the most part, didn't let me down. I feel that it was an incredibly strong season, and I was eager to get home every day so I can catch up on the shows. Loved this season!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Club Event S18: Spring 2018

eighttailedfox - Apr 11, 2018

0 by eighttailedfox »»
Apr 11, 2018 8:48 PM

» Club Event W18: Winter 2018

eighttailedfox - Jan 1, 2018

3 by eighttailedfox »»
Apr 11, 2018 8:46 PM

» Club Event 75: April 2018

eighttailedfox - Apr 4, 2018

0 by eighttailedfox »»
Apr 4, 2018 1:48 PM

» Club Event 74: March 2018

eighttailedfox - Mar 4, 2018

1 by eighttailedfox »»
Mar 31, 2018 10:53 PM

» Club Event 73: February 2018

eighttailedfox - Feb 2, 2018

2 by MonochromeSong »»
Feb 28, 2018 9:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.