Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 29, 2016 11:03 PM
Feb 2016
First time watching as an 'adult' lol

really impressed
Feb 29, 2016 11:35 PM

Jul 2015
Not really surprised, directors were good.

I'd trade all those hours spent on DBZ for a Sailor Moon childhood honestly.
Feb 29, 2016 11:50 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion

Yup, I watched it when I was a kid, but I recently rewatched it about 4 years ago. It was...surprisingly serious, especially towards the end. Probably helped that I watched it in Japanese the second time around, but that's a whole other conversation to be had.
Mar 4, 2016 9:52 PM
Feb 2016
One of the first episodes is about the "loveline" radio show.

i thought that was so funny, i mean obviously that's only in the english dub but still.
I'm right around episode 20 and still enjoying it. Watching on a 20 inch SONY pvm :D so it looks better than i watched it as a kid.

I was also a dbz fan and thought Sailor Moon was for "girls" but haha teen problems are universal :P
Apr 9, 2016 5:02 PM
Nov 2015
Been watching it with my gf because she grew up with it and I'm way more into it than I expected. Probably about 20 episodes in. The possessed doll episode was great, surprisingly creepy. Also the scene in an earlier episode where everyone needs to be really busy that Usagi running in place on the bus because it wasn't going fast enough is one of the funniest hints I've seen, and captures so much of the mental state of SoCal drivers.
Apr 12, 2016 12:02 AM

Jan 2011
Besides Dragon Ball, Digimon, Slayers and many others Sailor Moon was one of my first childhood animes too. Even if it has many filler episodes and the story is mostly altered compared to the manga it still has it's own magic. Bah! The fillers gave the story that simple touch: characterization, character development and made the series very entertaining for me.

When I was living in Germany I watched SM and many other Animes on RTL2. I remember staying at my grandmas place in Poland on my vacations, watching some episodes from SM Classic, R and Stars with a friend, then the next day waking up early to simply watch the rerun :] Gosh those days were amazing.

May 8, 2016 1:27 AM
Jan 2013
Glad you enjoy this beautiful series. I have seen it entirely 5 or more times. I like to marathon this series. It is my favourite. I love the music composer and the friendship, love and battle scenes in this anime.
May 8, 2016 2:13 AM

Jun 2011
I might just start watching this series because of this thread. Hope it turns out to be good, because I am sick of having any sort of expectation and series turns out to be mediocre to bad.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 12, 2016 7:23 AM
Apr 2015
I still love this series as an adult looking back on it, I still love the character interactions, the action, the transformation scenes, art and animation (which doesn't look dated to me)...nearly everything about it (besides some bad episodes of course)!! Probably the best It was the first anime that really got me into anime!

I'd say R/S are the best of them.

Some review ratings I've seen on here are odd though; one person couldn't recommend it because they thought the sound and action were lackluster, but they gave it a 9/10. It doesn't work like that. Not recommended would be 4/10 or lower (and 4/10 doesn't mean decent like some other recent review put it).
Aug 21, 2016 2:07 PM

Nov 2011
Can confirm. I'm a guy who never watched Sailor Moon as a child, and as of completing this first season I'm pleasantly surprised. Only a handful of episodes in the beginning and around the middle-end dragged, with the final arc turning into something fairly impressive.

Meanwhile I was watching Transformers Armada and Energon as a kid, which I'm fairly certain would look like trash from an adult view. Lol.

The action in Sailor Moon is only rarely interesting (I could probably count the number of such instances on one hand), so if that's the only thing prospective watchers are interested in they might want to reconsider, but the characters are great and pathos of the story really takes it a notch above your typical watch. I wouldn't say it's a masterpiece, but it's definitely a worthy watch and a classic.

I'm going to be a very happy camper if R and S really do end up being even better.
TripleSRankAug 21, 2016 2:11 PM
Nov 17, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2015
It was one of the first anime's I enjoyed watching, it was funny in a way and entertaining, and the classic Magic Girl anime. The first manga I ever bought was Sailor Moon manga.
Nov 17, 2016 1:19 PM

Apr 2015
I had never watched Sailor Moon as a child, though I was partially aware of it because my parents had labeled it as a 'bad' show about witches.

After picking it up in late 2013, I watched the first two seasons at a relatively consistent pace. I still consider it one of my favorite franchises.

I actually need to start rewatching the series and go straight to the end.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Dec 3, 2016 11:17 AM
Mar 2016
As far as I've watched Sailor Moon I...absolutely dislike it. Just let me say I'm not one of those people that grew up watching this show. In fact I wasn't even born when it started airing.
Anyway you ask me why I don't like it? That's simple, the reason is Usagi Tsukino/Serena. She is honestly the most annoying, stupid, whiny, crybaby, ugly character I've seen in anime so far. The reason I can't get further than 5 episodes of Sailor Moonis its main protagonist. I'd really like to watch this anime since it is like one of those legendary anime that everyone has seen and loves but I just can't. Usagi is just too awful.
Dec 3, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2009
It's better than most mahou shoujos today, so definitely yeah
Aug 8, 2017 6:47 PM

Mar 2016
Indeed it is...
I never thought it would be this good despite having 7.72!
Aug 8, 2017 6:49 PM

Oct 2015
Yes..... it's the best majou shoujo magical girl show of all time legit....
AND THE OST IS SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL and Usagi is hella relatable.
20/10

In the name of the moon, sweetie <3
Go back to being a naked monkey, sweetie!

Nov 14, 2019 10:04 AM
Dec 2018
Yakysann said:
As far as I've watched Sailor Moon I...absolutely dislike it. Just let me say I'm not one of those people that grew up watching this show. In fact I wasn't even born when it started airing.
Anyway you ask me why I don't like it? That's simple, the reason is Usagi Tsukino/Serena. She is honestly the most annoying, stupid, whiny, crybaby, ugly character I've seen in anime so far. The reason I can't get further than 5 episodes of Sailor Moonis its main protagonist. I'd really like to watch this anime since it is like one of those legendary anime that everyone has seen and loves but I just can't. Usagi is just too awful.

Usagi is supposed to be like that , an everyday heroine with flaws and fears that grows and matures during the series , and a relatable character for the fans like us.

“The true hero is flawed. The true test of a champion is not whether he can triumph, but whether he can overcome obstacles - preferably of his own making - in order to triumph.”

― Garth Stein, The Art of Racing in the Rain

Nov 14, 2019 10:08 AM

Oct 2018
The spanish Japanese, Spanish and English opening versions of it are my favorites:

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Nov 14, 2019 10:26 AM
Dec 2018
I love the Japanese and the English version!
Jan 31, 2020 11:01 PM

May 2015
speaking of, there is a "Precious Watch Edition" for Sailor Uranus and Neptune Watch ;)
https://ani.me/posts/5227-The-Precious-Pair-Edition-Sailor-Uranus-and-Neptune-Watch-is-a-Must-Have-for-Sailor-Moon-Fans-

May 30, 2021 7:05 PM
Dec 2017
Sailor moon has been a pretty influential series as a whole and it does earn the acclaim.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sennin_Darkissa - Apr 12, 2009

50 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Apr 24, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 26 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 12, 2010

37 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Apr 20, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

73 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 19, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 45 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

44 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 19, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 44 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Apr 19, 4:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.