Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 6, 2015 10:56 AM

Jul 2015
As the title goes .I want to know the plot holes in this series .I loved it as I watched so I don't think I noticed any .

Feel free to drop any things they failed to explain as well .
SodiumChlorideNov 19, 2015 12:00 PM
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Nov 6, 2015 10:59 AM

Aug 2015
NONE
This ANIME IS FLAWLESS
ALL HAIL LELOUCH !!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 6, 2015 11:07 AM

Jan 2014
MeinKaiser said:
NONE
This ANIME IS FLAWLESS

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 6, 2015 11:11 AM

Nov 2013
I don't remember it too well, but once he becomes the emperor, Lelouch orders everyone to obey him with his Geass, which will obviously raise this question: why didn't he just order people to obey him from the start of the series, if he could? Why can he suddenly cheat like that? (I remember something about his Geass powering up in R2, can someone clarify this?)
Nov 6, 2015 11:13 AM

Jul 2015
RedRoseFring said:
MeinKaiser said:
NONE
This ANIME IS FLAWLESS

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!

I wanna say so too but people say otherwise.
Nov 7, 2015 4:10 AM

Aug 2014
MeinKaiser said:
NONE
This ANIME IS FLAWLESS

All Hail Lelouch , bow to he's majesty you morons
------------------------
seriously i have been hearing about the plot holes since 2010 ( the year i have watched code geass ) didn't noticed any major plot holes and nobody even bothers to explain it properly .
you know every fucking show has plot holes if you dig in it ( minor ones ).
Since Code Geass is always in the top 10 ( top 5 mostly ) and has won awards + one of the best main character , sure you will find some haters , and what's the haters biggest excuses ? Plot Holes , Fan-service , Animation is bad , not original ( i have seen that before ! ) , and the dumbest one is Anorexic characters ( this one is funny but it is dumb ) they are healthy you bitches .

But i have to say that i disagree with code geass fans on something and it is that season 2 is better : R1 > R2

Lelouch Vi Britannia commands you to give R1 a 10/10
Nov 7, 2015 4:20 AM

Aug 2014
Lollo36 said:
I don't remember it too well, but once he becomes the emperor, Lelouch orders everyone to obey him with his Geass, which will obviously raise this question: why didn't he just order people to obey him from the start of the series, if he could? Why can he suddenly cheat like that? (I remember something about his Geass powering up in R2, can someone clarify this?)

Actually this is the one i thought of , but considering that he
, so i would say maybe his Geass was buffed , anyway it stays a minor plot hole because they didn't explained it , but i think it is not that important because 1- it was an epic scene , 2- it was used to boost the plot progression ( you wouldn't want to wait until he give each one a geass order right ? )

i'm still convinced that this is a minor plot hole and it should not be taken to give this anime a -3 drop in the rating .
Nov 9, 2015 11:33 AM

Jul 2015
bumping this
Nov 9, 2015 12:26 PM

Apr 2012
Lollo36 said:
The most sensible explanation is that because the anime is going to end, it needs to accelerate its pace.

But yeah,
MeinKaiser said:
NONE
This ANIME IS FLAWLESS
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 10, 2015 4:39 AM

Jul 2015
MOAR MOAR .Dammit where are the haters when you need them ?I need plot holes .

RedRoseFring said:
MeinKaiser said:
NONE
This ANIME IS FLAWLESS

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!

I so wanna scream this .
Nov 19, 2015 12:00 PM

Jul 2015
*Bump*

Any person who noticed plot holes ?
Nov 24, 2015 9:26 PM
Jul 2013
Why did Lelouch have to die in the end?

I get that his plan is to get the entire world to hate him and then die, so there's world peace.

But what's the point of doing it in a bloody way when he could have just as easily done it peacefully? Throughout the series, Britannia's been the main bad country. The Chinese Federation broke up and became a democracy after he created the UFN. The European Union is dead, but it was also a democracy.

Britannia's the only nation that hasn't become a democracy yet and is a known warmonger. Lelouch could have easily changed that seeing how he's fine with enslaving everybody with his Geass and killing off all opposing factions in the empire. Hatred for Britannia also died with Charles because we see people calling Lelouch an emperor of justice or whatever before he conducted his "democracy" with the UFN. Even leaders of the UFN approve of him. The only people that could possible hate him and oppose him are the "strong" nobles and aristocrats. There's literally nothing stopping him from creating the "gentle world" that "gathers around a table to discuss" with his own hands.

Not to mention that because he dies there's no one leading Britannia. There's probably going to be a bunch of political strife in Britannia with countries wanting to secede from the Empire and distant Imperial family members vying for the empty throne. Then who knows what kind of idiocy can happen in Britannia (1/3 of the world) as the world tries to go towards the UFN route.

Also Schneizel can try to contest for the throne all he wants after Lelouch gets it because he would have no legitimacy or power if Lelouch stays good. Schneizel's only power after Lelouch brainwashes his entire kingdom is the FLEIA nukes. Well, if he uses that on Lelouch when Lelouch is good, the UFN would just take out Schneizel for being a warmonger.

It's not like Lelouch is opposed to peaceful resolutions. He attempted the Special Japanese Zone twice. It only failed the 1st time because of his own mistake. A theme throughout the whole series too is that if Lelouch (and Suzaku) had power then they could create the gentle world. Being the emperor of 1/3 of the world with mind control is more than enough power to basically do whatever Lelouch wanted. And o did he do whatever he wanted alright in the original ending. -cough- killing everyone and taking over the world -cough-

Cause the death of millions of people -> Become Devil of the world -> die -> ??? (idiocy ensues) -> eventual world peace

Stay alive -> become a good king -> kill the couple of hundred of people that may oppose your drastic policy changes -> planned and systematic world peace -> Live freely in the world -> Resign being an emperor -> become a cart driver -> live with CC forever

The only reason why I think Lelouch would choose the bloody path is because the writers wanted an epic finale. It was epic; I agree with that. But if you turn your brain on and ask why not just reach the same goal peacefully, the finale becomes pointless. That or because he was suicidal when he thought Nunnally died and wanted to die, so he kidnaps all the world leaders before he could Schneizel shows that Nunnally is alive.
night97Nov 24, 2015 10:09 PM
Nov 27, 2015 3:38 PM
Jul 2015
For those asking why lelouch didn’t used his geass to get an army in the first season, remenber, lelouch is not light, even though he’s cruel, he got limits, he values things like the freewill,that’s why he rejected his fathers plan, well he considered to get an army while using his geass to the minimum, thats why he went on accomplishing "miracles" so he can get the support of the japanese, but after being betrayed by the black knights, he knew he needed soldiers that will follow his orders without questioning him, since no person will obey the dictator he became. Hope you got your answer.
Nov 27, 2015 3:41 PM
Jun 2015
RedRoseFring said:
MeinKaiser said:
NONE
This ANIME IS FLAWLESS

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!
Nov 27, 2015 3:50 PM
Jul 2015
night97 said:

I get that his plan is to get the entire world to hate him and then die, so there's world peace.

But what's the point of doing it in a bloody way when he could have just as easily done it peacefully? Throughout the series, Britannia's been the main bad country. The Chinese Federation broke up and became a democracy after he created the UFN. The European Union is dead, but it was also a democracy.

Britannia's the only nation that hasn't become a democracy yet and is a known warmonger. Lelouch could have easily changed that seeing how he's fine with enslaving everybody with his Geass and killing off all opposing factions in the empire. Hatred for Britannia also died with Charles because we see people calling Lelouch an emperor of justice or whatever before he conducted his "democracy" with the UFN. Even leaders of the UFN approve of him. The only people that could possible hate him and oppose him are the "strong" nobles and aristocrats. There's literally nothing stopping him from creating the "gentle world" that "gathers around a table to discuss" with his own hands.

Not to mention that because he dies there's no one leading Britannia. There's probably going to be a bunch of political strife in Britannia with countries wanting to secede from the Empire and distant Imperial family members vying for the empty throne. Then who knows what kind of idiocy can happen in Britannia (1/3 of the world) as the world tries to go towards the UFN route.

Also Schneizel can try to contest for the throne all he wants after Lelouch gets it because he would have no legitimacy or power if Lelouch stays good. Schneizel's only power after Lelouch brainwashes his entire kingdom is the FLEIA nukes. Well, if he uses that on Lelouch when Lelouch is good, the UFN would just take out Schneizel for being a warmonger.

It's not like Lelouch is opposed to peaceful resolutions. He attempted the Special Japanese Zone twice. It only failed the 1st time because of his own mistake. A theme throughout the whole series too is that if Lelouch (and Suzaku) had power then they could create the gentle world. Being the emperor of 1/3 of the world with mind control is more than enough power to basically do whatever Lelouch wanted. And o did he do whatever he wanted alright in the original ending. -cough- killing everyone and taking over the world -cough-

Cause the death of millions of people -> Become Devil of the world -> die -> ??? (idiocy ensues) -> eventual world peace

Stay alive -> become a good king -> kill the couple of hundred of people that may oppose your drastic policy changes -> planned and systematic world peace -> Live freely in the world -> Resign being an emperor -> become a cart driver -> live with CC forever

The only reason why I think Lelouch would choose the bloody path is because the writers wanted an epic finale. It was epic; I agree with that. But if you turn your brain on and ask why not just reach the same goal peacefully, the finale becomes pointless. That or because he was suicidal when he thought Nunnally died and wanted to die, so he kidnaps all the world leaders before he could Schneizel shows that Nunnally is alive.

I would gladly answser your question but that would take too much time and too much political nonsense, but what would you prefer, the normal ending you’re suggesting or the epic ending you got ( IMO the best ending ever ).
Nov 28, 2015 1:08 AM
Jul 2013
Devilrai said:
I would gladly answser your question but that would take too much time and too much political nonsense, but what would you prefer, the normal ending you’re suggesting or the epic ending you got ( IMO the best ending ever ).

Then why bother replying? You sound like you're bragging about the $150,000 car that you don't have. The topic is to point out plot holes, and I did point one out, unless you can prove why it does make logical sense. It's not a matter of preference.
Nov 29, 2015 10:51 AM

Jun 2014
Last time I remember how the fuck lelouch stop the war by standing(I dunno similar like world map) on the floor, and then why everyone have geass... Seriously!?where the hell rolo come from? Heaven? So much nonsense in this series,and guess what! The most ridiculous twist is nunnanly opened her eyes OMG fucking shocked...
Dec 5, 2015 3:41 PM

Jul 2015
I thought the military appointing Suzaku, a WOUNDED ELEVEN TEENAGER, as the pilot of their most powerful experimental KMF (aka the Lancelot) despite all the able, healthy Britannian soldiers around to choose from pretty much defied all logic seeing the treatment the Elevens were given in the settlement and how the military itself treated other Honorary Britannians, yet nobody seems to question that fact.

Not to mention how Suzaku was supposed to have been killed for disobeying a superior's orders the episode before...
Dec 6, 2015 5:14 AM

Aug 2014
Gikiseima said:
Last time I remember how the fuck lelouch stop the war by standing(I dunno similar like world map) on the floor, and then why everyone have geass... Seriously!?where the hell rolo come from? Heaven? So much nonsense in this series,and guess what! The most ridiculous twist is nunnanly opened her eyes OMG fucking shocked...

LOL

how the fuck ( fuck sounds cool ha ? ) stop the war by standing on the world map ... were you sleeping while watching the series ?

everyone have geass ? - lol is that a plot hole ? although i didn't like that lelouch was not the only one with geass but this point you made isn't a plot hole.

Rolo .. from heavens ? - ever heard of introducing new character?

so much nonsense - actually your comment has so much nonsense

omg nunnally opened her eyes .. lol i think you should have opened your eyes before commenting here

You are Such a Clown.

VoxOfTheSheeple said:
I thought the military appointing Suzaku, a WOUNDED ELEVEN TEENAGER, as the pilot of their most powerful experimental KMF (aka the Lancelot) despite all the able, healthy Britannian soldiers around to choose from pretty much defied all logic seeing the treatment the Elevens were given in the settlement and how the military itself treated other Honorary Britannians, yet nobody seems to question that fact.

Not to mention how Suzaku was supposed to have been killed for disobeying a superior's orders the episode before...

Wow , you look into every little detail , so critical .
however you should do that for every anime series , for example :

you should criticize all anime series equally otherwise i'll consider you a hater .

To answer the point you made : Suzaku was a very talented pilot/soldier , so they wanted the full benefits from him , however i do agree that they should have punished him , but again he saved the day for Clovis .
Dec 7, 2015 5:01 PM
Nov 2015
Lollo36 said:

One, he can use his geass on a person once.

Second, they must see his eyes.

Third (if I remember correctly) isn't it ineffective on geass users.

I guess the second point explains it since he couldn't get everyone to look until he had gotten power. Anyways his goal do alter throughout the series so his goal at that time was not to get everybody under his command. Hopefully this may had cleared that up.

Gikiseima said:

Rolo was a new character introduced to watch over lelouch on orders of the king. Rolo could be trusted with this since he could stop time. Also when new characters are introduced into an anime aren't they "coming from heaven' the same way? Honestly Rolo didn't get immediate backstory for a very good reason. But it is later elaborated why he was introduced and what his goal is.
Stein's Gate is the worst anime of all time.
Dec 8, 2015 3:25 PM

Jul 2015
Klassical said:
VoxOfTheSheeple said:

I fail to understand why you had to bring up those two unrelated anime into a Code Geass discussion, but I'll respond to you anyway...

Klassical said:
you should criticize all anime series equally otherwise i'll consider you a hater .

I don't remember having ever implied that either FMA:BH or Ping Pong were flawless and bereft of inconsistencies. You do realise I gave those two titles an 8.5 and a 9 respectively, right? Not a 10, so I obviously don't consider them to be flawless and beyond all criticism (for the record, I don't consider the points you brought up against each of those shows to be flaws either, but I won't bother going into more detail in a Code Geass discussion).

Also, in which way does giving a valid answer to the OP's question make me a hater? lol

Klassical said:
To answer the point you made : Suzaku was a very talented pilot/soldier , so they wanted the full benefits from him , however i do agree that they should have punished him , but again he saved the day for Clovis .

He demonstrated his value AFTER he began to pilot the Lancelot, which he never should, so my point still stands.
VoxOfTheSheepleDec 8, 2015 3:32 PM
Dec 8, 2015 3:29 PM

Dec 2013
Too many to count
Dec 8, 2015 3:32 PM

Jul 2015
robis798 said:
Too many to count

Don't be lazy and just say them .I doubt there were many plot holes tho (well maybe a few minor unexplained events).
Dec 8, 2015 3:41 PM

Jul 2015
Baitdragon16 said:
robis798 said:
Too many to count

Don't be lazy and just say them .I doubt there were many plot holes tho (well maybe a few minor unexplained events).

There are thousands of inconsistencies throughout which go against any plausibility the show may have been going for.
Dec 8, 2015 4:12 PM

Nov 2014
VoxOfTheSheeple said:
Baitdragon16 said:

There are thousands of inconsistencies throughout which go against any plausibility the show may have been going for.

Plausibility ?
You know, a sci-fi or fantasy show can have no plausibility but it's alright as long as it is internally coherent.

To the OP:
As far as I can tell there are no major plothole, and even if minor ones can be found in droves they are minor so they can easily be brushed aside by at least being considered as intellect failures by the characters.

To some the open ending is a plothole all in itself because it is open.
I'm a big softie.
Dec 9, 2015 4:54 PM

Aug 2014
VoxOfTheSheeple said:
Klassical said:

I fail to understand why you had to bring up those two unrelated anime into a Code Geass discussion, but I'll respond to you anyway...

LOL

Klassical said:

I don't remember having ever implied that either FMA:BH or Ping Pong were flawless and bereft of inconsistencies. You do realise I gave those two titles an 8.5 and a 9 respectively, right? Not a 10, so I obviously don't consider them to be flawless and beyond all criticism (for the record, I don't consider the points you brought up against each of those shows to be flaws either, but I won't bother going into more detail in a Code Geass discussion).

Also, in which way does giving a valid answer to the OP's question make me a hater? lol

Because those shows also have some flaws yet i dont see your type of anime fans go and criticize these flaws , not any single thread to talk about them , completely ignored , while for code geass they go on bitching about everything . ( anyway if you want further discussion feel free to P.M me )

Also stay focused please , i did not say you are a hater , what i said that if you dont criticize anime equally which means if you are unfair rater . right now you are just following the program nothing new here .

Klassical said:

He demonstrated his value AFTER he began to pilot the Lancelot, which he never should, so my point still stands.

Okay , but we can't be sure , you are just assuming things to go on with your theory , what if he was talented before he got the lancelot ? if we take it logically since he has done good work from the beginning so i would assume he was talented before that and maybe they just did not point it out to the viewer .

Listen , you can find an explanation to this how you want it , you prefer that the series feeds you with everything , while for me i like to make some theories , ok differences but that is not a plot hole .
i''m sure you can find better plot holes .
Dec 18, 2015 1:27 PM

Dec 2010
The stupidest one:

They could easily kill Zero with a Sniper Riffle. Its not like they care about publicity or something like that.

Second:

At the start of the second season, when Zero made a comeback they wondered if its Lelouch again So what they should do? They could just take Lelouch away for some stupid reason, or just prison him just to check if he is Zero. But they decided to watch from afar without doing anything. Its not like Lelouch was faking it all for a long time before, naaaah. He could not do this again.

Not that they should prison him after S1. They just went with easy road, let him forget, it gonna work.

Third

Lelouch used his brilliant "terrain tactic" too much. Its like the Brittania made every terrain just for Lelouch, lol. It was so stupid with the Black Knights rescue scene... Why the hell they would make a terrain like this for a execution? GIVE ME A BREAK.

Fourth:

Lelouch way of traveling - standind on the hand of Mech. WTF? He would be blown by wind and speed.

Fifth:

No one recognized Kallen and C.C. despite their outstanding traits(e.g. hairstyles and hair colour).

Sixth:

Regarding crossdressing as Lelouch. In the first season Sayako had big boobs, but then she was able to replace Lelouch at school when he was away. And height differences.

Seventh:

Euphie was shot with a pee shooter (note the sound lol).
Mao was wasted by military grade weapons.
Mao lives due to the miracle of Britannia medicine.
Euphie died because she was not the priority for that medicine.

Not really a plothole but stupidity:

Nightmares are really easy to use for some teenagers. Just go there and you know everything. It doesnt matter you are fighting again some well trained soldiers.

tearofmankindDec 18, 2015 1:48 PM
Jan 10, 2016 7:37 PM

Sep 2013
This show is more theatrical than common sense , so just humour it......
Jun 2, 2016 7:00 PM

Jul 2015
Lots of the stuff being posted on here are complaints, not really plot holes. That being said, a true plot hole does arise with Guilford. He is clearly shown to die in the FLEIJA explosion when Suzaku nukes Tokyo. He is then shown to be alive in episode 24. That is an actual plot hole.
Jul 12, 2016 1:28 AM
Jul 2018
Lunally's seeing lelouch's memories at the end(it's plausible if he survived tho). Guliford and Suzaku surviving were a bit out of nowhere but I will count them as asspulls.
Jul 20, 2016 8:27 PM
Dec 2008
I see lots of complaints and random alternatives that might have worked, in theory, but very few actual plot holes.

night97 said:

You're forgetting the most important thing: Lelouch made that decision. Why? Because of his emotional state and his specific mindset at the end of the show.

There were other alternatives, on paper, but he wanted to punish himself (and Suzaku) in the process. If you don't take that into account, which is almost an obligation for any real analysis, then you won't understand his actions.

Enishi- said:
That being said, a true plot hole does arise with Guilford. He is clearly shown to die in the FLEIJA explosion when Suzaku nukes Tokyo. He is then shown to be alive in episode 24. That is an actual plot hole.

No, not quite. The actual scene was more ambiguous than that.

We only saw the FLEIJA field start to engulf the legs of Guilford's mecha, but then the camera suddenly cuts away. That's quite suspicious in retrospect.

That's the moment where we see Lelouch still talking to Guilford on the screen and their communications are cut off. People instantly assumed that meant he had died, but his death was never portrayed directly.

As a matter of fact, the show did give us an indirect explanation. Rolo piloted the same exact robot as Guilford (the Vincent) and in R2 episode 14 we saw that KMF can eject its legs and still fly around during the fight against V.V.

Therefore, Guilford could have done something very similar in order to survive: purge the legs that were being caught in the FLEIJA field and then fly away and/or eject his pilot seat. You can still accuse the show of obscuring that for the sake of drama, but it isn't really a plot hole (nor inconsistent) in context.

VoxOfTheSheeple said:

It wasn't even the regular military though, at least not at first. In fact, Lloyd himself was the one who found Suzaku and decided to offer him the position. They had tried to get a regular pilot, but none of them were available at the time because of the Shinjuku operation. Furthermore, the show established that Lloyd is not a normal person and doesn't really try to discriminate against the Elevens. Everyone is just a tool in his eyes. He's crazy. That said, Suzaku still had to prove that he had good piloting skills and the results were said to be exceptionally compatible.

The military wasn't exactly happy with that at first though. In fact, they blamed Suzaku for the death of Clovis and were going to execute him. It was only after Suzaku's innocence came to light and he ran into Euphemia (one or two episodes later) that things actually began looking up for him.

Lollo36 said:

Why would he? Lelouch does have a moral compass, especially early on. He had no personal interest in commanding an army of mindless slaves like mere throwaway puppets. That'd make him too much like his father, the Emperor, whose methods he obviously hates. In fact, the way Lelouch recruited the Black Knights was the most obvious contrast: he chose to convince them to follow him out of their own free will.

Giving isolated orders or causing enemies to kill themselves is one thing, but making everyone into a mindless slave who would follow his every command is a lot more morally questionable. Not to mention that, at the start of the show, he wasn't even sure about the limits of his power.

He only resorted to creating slaves at the very end of the show, when Lelouch was already seeking his own death and literally wanted the world to see him as evil. Not to mention he required a completely loyal force in order to take command of Britannia and mobilize for war, which was also necessary for the sake of the final plan.

That said, his Geass did become permanent in both eyes during R2 episode 21. Which would be the "power-up" you were referring to.

striderzz said:
Guliford and Suzaku surviving were a bit out of nowhere but I will count them as asspulls.

See above for Guildford. As for Suzaku...there's another curious detail: a large column blocks our view of the Lancelot Albion for a few seconds right before it exploded and the camera had also briefly focused on the falling Guren SEITEN. That creates a small time gap, which is when Suzaku could have escaped.
Jul 20, 2016 9:05 PM

Jul 2015
Just playing the devil's advocate here - why wou
Madonis said:
I see lots of complaints and random alternatives that might have worked, in theory, but very few actual plot holes.

night97 said:

You're forgetting the most important thing: Lelouch made that decision. Why? Because of his emotional state and his specific mindset at the end of the show.

There were other alternatives, on paper, but he wanted to punish himself (and Suzaku) in the process. If you don't take that into account, which is almost an obligation for any real analysis, then you won't understand his actions.

Enishi- said:
That being said, a true plot hole does arise with Guilford. He is clearly shown to die in the FLEIJA explosion when Suzaku nukes Tokyo. He is then shown to be alive in episode 24. That is an actual plot hole.

No, not quite. The actual scene was more ambiguous than that.

We only saw the FLEIJA field start to engulf the legs of Guilford's mecha, but then the camera suddenly cuts away. That's quite suspicious in retrospect.

That's the moment where we see Lelouch still talking to Guilford on the screen and their communications are cut off. People instantly assumed that meant he had died, but his death was never portrayed directly.

As a matter of fact, the show did give us an indirect explanation. Rolo piloted the same exact robot as Guilford (the Vincent) and in R2 episode 14 we saw that KMF can eject its legs and still fly around during the fight against V.V.

Therefore, Guilford could have done something very similar in order to survive: purge the legs that were being caught in the FLEIJA field and then fly away and/or eject his pilot seat. You can still accuse the show of obscuring that for the sake of drama, but it isn't really a plot hole (nor inconsistent) in context.

VoxOfTheSheeple said:

It wasn't even the regular military though, at least not at first. In fact, Lloyd himself was the one who found Suzaku and decided to offer him the position. They had tried to get a regular pilot, but none of them were available at the time because of the Shinjuku operation. Furthermore, the show established that Lloyd is not a normal person and doesn't really try to discriminate against the Elevens. Everyone is just a tool in his eyes. He's crazy. That said, Suzaku still had to prove that he had good piloting skills and the results were said to be exceptionally compatible.

The military wasn't exactly happy with that at first though. In fact, they blamed Suzaku for the death of Clovis and were going to execute him. It was only after Suzaku's innocence came to light and he ran into Euphemia (one or two episodes later) that things actually began looking up for him.

Lollo36 said:

Why would he? Lelouch does have a moral compass, especially early on. He had no personal interest in commanding an army of mindless slaves like mere throwaway puppets. That'd make him too much like his father, the Emperor, whose methods he obviously hates. In fact, the way Lelouch recruited the Black Knights was the most obvious contrast: he chose to convince them to follow him out of their own free will.

Giving isolated orders or causing enemies to kill themselves is one thing, but making everyone into a mindless slave who would follow his every command is a lot more morally questionable. Not to mention that, at the start of the show, he wasn't even sure about the limits of his power.

He only resorted to creating slaves at the very end of the show, when Lelouch was already seeking his own death and literally wanted the world to see him as evil. Not to mention he required a completely loyal force in order to take command of Britannia and mobilize for war, which was also necessary for the sake of the final plan.

That said, his Geass did become permanent in both eyes during R2 episode 21. Which would be the "power-up" you were referring to.

striderzz said:
Guliford and Suzaku surviving were a bit out of nowhere but I will count them as asspulls.

See above for Guildford. As for Suzaku...there's another curious detail: a large column blocks our view of the Lancelot Albion for a few seconds right before it exploded and the camera had also briefly focused on the falling Guren SEITEN. That creates a small time gap, which is when Suzaku could have escaped.
just playing the devil's advocate here - why would they not show him eject?... In code geass, you see it when anyone else ejects... it's not like he really had a role to play after that episode anyways. I wouldn't call it for drama, because like I said, he really didn't have a role to play after that part.
Jul 21, 2016 7:26 AM
Dec 2008
Enishi- said:
Just playing the devil's advocate here - why would they not show him eject?... In code geass, you see it when anyone else ejects... it's not like he really had a role to play after that episode anyways. I wouldn't call it for drama, because like I said, he really didn't have a role to play after that part.

Because they wanted to fool the viewers. After all, it's an anime full of plot twists and surprises.

In this case, however, the drama was entirely limited to making the audience think "Guilford is dead! Poor Cornelia!" despite never actually showing him dying. In practice, all they ever did was imply that he could have died, while ultimately leaving the matter rather ambiguous.

For the record, I do recall that two episodes later Schneizel tells Cornelia "we don't know if Guilford's alive or dead" and they leave it at that.

You're correct that he doesn't play any important role after the fact. His return barely makes an impression, unless you were a fan of the character. He survived, but doesn't make a difference anymore. Which is part of why I think it's still valid to criticize to this event, even though it's not strictly a plot hole after examining the situation in detail.
MadonisJul 21, 2016 7:29 AM
Jul 21, 2016 7:31 AM

Apr 2012
ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!
Jul 25, 2016 5:14 AM

Jul 2015
Madonis said:
Enishi- said:
Just playing the devil's advocate here - why would they not show him eject?... In code geass, you see it when anyone else ejects... it's not like he really had a role to play after that episode anyways. I wouldn't call it for drama, because like I said, he really didn't have a role to play after that part.

Because they wanted to fool the viewers. After all, it's an anime full of plot twists and surprises.

In this case, however, the drama was entirely limited to making the audience think "Guilford is dead! Poor Cornelia!" despite never actually showing him dying. In practice, all they ever did was imply that he could have died, while ultimately leaving the matter rather ambiguous.

For the record, I do recall that two episodes later Schneizel tells Cornelia "we don't know if Guilford's alive or dead" and they leave it at that.

You're correct that he doesn't play any important role after the fact. His return barely makes an impression, unless you were a fan of the character. He survived, but doesn't make a difference anymore. Which is part of why I think it's still valid to criticize to this event, even though it's not strictly a plot hole after examining the situation in detail.
I never re-watched the scene until now and I see what you mean. I honestly don't know how many people care about Cornelia or Guilford to begin with.

More topics from this board

» Kallen's future after ending

Arminken - Apr 26

5 by Arminken »»
Apr 26, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.