Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 17, 2015 3:14 AM

Dec 2012
I don't get it. The art quality is awful for even a 2007 anime. Literally laziest animation using psychokinesis to have stills of characters with no talking. Horrible CG. Most simplistic "political" plot ever written, weak characters.

Am I missing something?
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Jun 17, 2015 3:24 AM

Aug 2013
It's rated highly because it's good simple as that. The only problem I had when I first watched it was the CGI. The art wasn't the best thing ever but it was good, the character growth and development of both the main protagonist and antagonist was really good.
Jun 17, 2015 3:32 AM

Oct 2012
not seen but heard the hype, il get back to u after seeing it later todai
Jan 27, 2016 9:28 PM

Nov 2014
I don't get this myself, watched 6 episodes. cheesus crisp this is shit.

Jan 28, 2016 10:43 PM
Jan 2015
That's so bad there is people who don't want to watch/give a chance/ continue the anime because of the art :/

Are they jealous that an 2007 adaptation of a 1977 manga is better than most nowadays anime ? don't talk about hype, there isn't any.
Feb 8, 2016 8:57 AM

Dec 2012
AP_974 said:
That's so bad there is people who don't want to watch/give a chance/ continue the anime because of the art :/

Are they jealous that an 2007 adaptation of a 1977 manga is better than most nowadays anime ? don't talk about hype, there isn't any.

The art is only part of the issue. Everything else is also a thing.
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Aug 15, 2016 12:13 AM

Apr 2009
Because there is no loli.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2017 3:40 AM

Oct 2014
The bad art is just the cherry in top of the cake. It also has horrible plot holes and probably the most hateable set of characters i found in a single show. Also, their motivations to do some things they do are, at least, questionable.
Feb 18, 2018 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
Yisus666 said:
The bad art is just the cherry in top of the cake. It also has horrible plot holes and probably the most hateable set of characters i found in a single show. Also, their motivations to do some things they do are, at least, questionable.

This exactly. I'm trying to continue watching it at episode 14, but the plot holes, fail logic, ridiculous things that happen with no explanation, and especially questionable motivations. The logic is so poor, I can barely bring myself to watch it.

"WE HAVE TO GET TO TERRA! WHAT ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO DIED!" ....Why? And how does that help the people who continue to die? ...It doesn't. Yet, this is the singular motivation for the Mu.

This might be the final straw, for me:

A dude jumps out of a spaceship as it's entering orbit, breaking through the spaceshuttle *somehow*, ostensibly without a weapon suited to the task, and is somehow totally fine, waking up after 10 seconds, and fighting, afterwards.

The premise is great. It's a great premise, imo. But in practice, it's so full of holes and ridiculousness that it destroys any potential it had.

I cannot understand why it has received such a high rating. At best, it's a 6 out of 10, at worst, it's a 4 out of 10. My only guess is that people just ignore the potholes and ridiculousness for the greater story.
Mar 14, 2018 1:07 AM
Mar 2018
Yisus666 said:

Sounds more like you found a show where the characters have been written to be more realistic - especially considering the enviroment they live in - but instead you wanted to see more of the 2-trick ponies with motivations drawn from exaggerating a general feeling they have and then applied over and over to every situation with zero thought in-between that anime tends to be full of.

Characters with questionable motivations are realistic, as motivations tend to be questionable, at least to people other than the one having it and especially to people who are living in a sea of cottonwool in comparison to the setting.

Rawrzxor said:

This exactly. I'm trying to continue watching it at episode 14, but the plot holes, fail logic, ridiculous things that happen with no explanation, and especially questionable motivations. The logic is so poor, I can barely bring myself to watch it.

You are describing pretty much every anime out there, why is it that it becomes a problem with this one?

"WE HAVE TO GET TO TERRA! WHAT ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO DIED!" ....Why? And how does that help the people who continue to die? ...It doesn't. Yet, this is the singular motivation for the Mu.

This seems like a failure on your part to understand how the deaths of other people affect humans as you approach that quote like a robot and think the deaths can be shrugged of just like that (perhaps it's a new generation thing, perhaps just you, but it most certainly isn't a problem with the logic in the quote, maybe see a psychiatrist?).

This might be the final straw, for me:

A dude jumps out of a spaceship as it's entering orbit, breaking through the spaceshuttle *somehow*, ostensibly without a weapon suited to the task, and is somehow totally fine, waking up after 10 seconds, and fighting, afterwards.

As far as I know, this kind of ridicilousness is found in pretty much all anime and again I'm wondering: why is it a problem with this particular one? It's not like it's pretending to be a prefect reality simulator, quite the contrary.

The premise is great. It's a great premise, imo. But in practice, it's so full of holes and ridiculousness that it destroys any potential it had.

I cannot understand why it has received such a high rating. At best, it's a 6 out of 10, at worst, it's a 4 out of 10. My only guess is that people just ignore the potholes and ridiculousness for the greater story.

Again, like every anime out there. It sounds to me as if you have started watching this with an attitude of "I'm not gonna like it, I have to find reasons why it's not reality" - I guarantee you can find those reasons from any anime if you really want to.
Mar 14, 2018 1:19 AM

Jan 2018
You should avoid watching classic anime if you are not prepared for a train ride of ridiculous anime logic. Back then anime logic meme was the hype, if you are talking about how anime was back then.
Aug 20, 2019 8:46 PM

Jul 2012
I think the score is suitable for what it is. It's not the best but not a bad show at all. The 7.99 score (as I'm typing this) is SUITABLE.
Nov 11, 2019 5:15 PM

Jul 2009
Rawrzxor said:

No, their objective was to survive and eventually reach Terra when they had saved enough Mu. Their goal to free more Mu ended the moment they were forced from Artemisia. The goal for Terra came from Blue who saw the vision of a green Terra in the mind of Physis. It isn't until Nasca that Jomy decides that the entire SD system must be brought down.

Rawrzxor said:

Yeah, they have superpowers...

Rawrzxor said:

You're creating plotholes out of your impatience to wait for explanations and refusal to accept that some kids that were tortured, jailed, and had to flee society and survive didn't have a plan up to your high standards.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 13 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 1, 2011

6 by His0kaDevv »»
Mar 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 1 Discussion

Kayrhandros - May 29, 2007

29 by zeroquinze »»
Oct 28, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 22, 2008

84 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 13, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 21 Discussion

puedjies - Feb 8, 2009

15 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 12, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 15 Discussion

d388 - Aug 24, 2007

27 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 12, 2023 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.